Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Summer armour

• 18-07-2016 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭

Came back from work today, my whole shirt, undercrackers etc were drenched in sweat, really uncomfortable,can anybody recommend light armor (by light I mean unheavy , and breathable?

Was thinking of this

and maybe one of these

Seriously though, any recommendations? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im interested in this topic also. I think it was mentioned before and it was said moto X gear is not suited to road travel. Tis too warm for even the lightest of textiles for me at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Today was shirt sleeves, combat pants and open face helmet ~ I threw caution to the wind, it was lovely :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I have the RST adventure 2 jacket, does me grand with a fleece on under it in the winter, and the last week or so I've just opened the zipped mesh panels on the front and it's been grand. Adventure gear ain't everyone's cup of tea but this ticks the boxes for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Went into megabikes to check prices, a similar top was coming in at €115, fúck it, I'm getting the Amazon ones I posted.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This looks clean and not too bulky

http://www.getgeared.co.uk/knox-venture-shirt-black

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Today was shirt sleeves, combat pants and open face helmet ~ I threw caution to the wind, it was lovely :)

GIRL..........T Shirt, shorts and Moses Loafers, open face and obligatory cheap sunglazzes......:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just waitin on delivery now, and the obligatory change in weather once I get them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats why I have been so slow to get a set, wear them for 4 days a year and the rest of the time they sit in the closet looking unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Anywhere I could pick up a decent armoured summer jacket this weekend ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I used to wear a long sleeve T-shirt and a MX exoskeleton, looked a bit weird but kept me nice and cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Trick is to get a base layer that is breathable, most people stick on a cotton layer (which can hold 3 times its own weight in liquid, not Ideal) under armour and addidas do very good tops and breathable bottoms. Then you can wear you normal back protector etc and be cool .....

Either that or ride FASTER!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Then you can wear you normal back protector etc and be cool .....

What was the back protector you were raving about on Sunday? Must look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

GIRL..........T Shirt, shorts and Moses Loafers, open face and obligatory cheap sunglazzes......:cool:

Another commute into work this morning, same gear and Halfords cycling glasses :cool:

Kool as fook :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

I bought thermal underwear from a German company (it's pricey but keeps me coolish under my textiles):

https://www.moto-akut.de/a-385/stadler-funktionspulli-thermo?category=29

https://www.moto-akut.de/a-3187/stadler-all-season-hose-lang?category=29&filter=hersteller:stadler

However I am still sweating under the helmet like a pig in stop and go traffic....)
    Took the bicycle instead todaybiggrin.png

Yesterday afternoon I saw a few ladies on Vespas only wearing flip flops (or even high heels), summer dresses and no protection apart from an open face helmeteek.png
    There must be this notion that scooters are safer than motorbikes and gear is not needed....

ATG lads..FFS.....saw loads of guys riding around in ATG....i was in jeans docks and a light jacket, still sweating like a big girl....didnt have any near misses or anything..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Just waitin on delivery now, and the obligatory change in weather once I get them :D

Thunderstorms for Thursday and Friday.:p

Thunderstorms for Thursday and Friday.:p

The plants need it......................:pac:

Paulw wrote: »
    Then you can wear you normal back protector etc and be cool .....

What was the back protector you were raving about on Sunday? Must look it up.

Any of the KNOX protectors are really good. I have both the ageis and the other one (can't think name now) either of them and you sorted look them up on Knox.

I like the Knox stuff myself wonda, pricey though.

• Advertisement

I like the Knox stuff myself wonda, pricey though.

Its like the Kreiga gear skill, best of the best but lasts forever. Had my 1st back protector 3 yrs and its still like new. Bought the new one in NEC last year and its brilliant.

I see it as an investment, lads dont think twice about dropping 200 euro on fancy levers and bar ends and stupid stickers, but shudder at buying protective gear thats well worth the money.

This is the one I have now, have the ageis as back up. I also have the Anddroid gloves and they are brilliant also.

https://www.planet-knox.com/product/meta-sys-back-protector/

Its like the Kreiga gear skill, best of the best but lasts forever. Had my 1st back protector 3 yrs and its still like new. Bought the new one in NEC last year and its brilliant.

I see it as an investment, lads dont think twice about dropping 200 euro on fancy levers and bar ends and stupid stickers, but shudder at buying protective gear thats well worth the money.

This is the one I have now, have the ageis as back up. I also have the Anddroid gloves and they are brilliant also.

https://www.planet-knox.com/product/meta-sys-back-protector/

Each to his own mate..i have fancy levers,bar ends and some stickers...because i wanted them...never bought a back protector that wasnt already in the leathers i bought....I never preach to guys about what they should or shouldnt buy..its really none of my business....;)

Got 4 kriega bits'n'pieces, the handiest one is the over shoulder one, you can fit an ipad/10"tablet into it. That knox protector looks top notch, have this one myself

Link

For the amount of use, light armor would actually get, I could only justify a max of £100, tops and bottoms. (and thats pushing out the boat)

Tried on a nice pair of armoured summer gloves in Cotters on saturday..€59.99..:eek:......ebay..£29.99 + 8.99 post.........
    Crossans..€36.60 delivered to the door.....result...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Tried on a nice pair of armoured summer gloves in Cotters on saturday..€59.99..:eek:......ebay..£29.99 + 8.99 post.........
    Crossans..€36.60 delivered to the door.....result...:)

What gloves?

Each to his own mate..i have fancy levers,bar ends and some stickers...because i wanted them...never bought a back protector that wasnt already in the leathers i bought....I never preach to guys about what they should or shouldnt buy..its really none of my business....;)

I aint getting into all this again m8 and I wasnt saying people should wear back protectors I couldnt give a rats ass what people do or wear or ride. I was asked directly about them (back protectors) and I gave a direct answer. I aint preaching to the masses...and TBH I think you know that.

As you say each to their own, but I was saying that I have had people mock me for wearing them or think they are over the top and too expensive when they drop money on frivolous things to look good to others and skimp on protection.

And for the record I too have stubby levers and bar ends some I bought and some on the bike when I got it. But I make sure I have the best protection I can afford 1st.

Not havin a go mate..theres this brigade that if you dont have the latest leathers,Rossi helmet,back protector,levers :P or whatever they've just bought.. then youre not a real biker and dont deserve their time....believe me i've lost more "mates" this way....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Not havin a go mate..theres this brigade that if you dont have the latest leathers,Rossi helmet,back protector,levers :P or whatever they've just bought.. then youre not a real biker and dont deserve their time....believe me i've lost more "mates" this way....:rolleyes:

Who the hell does that?

Is it American High School, ive never seen such nonsense.?

listermint wrote: »
    Who the hell does that?

Is it American High School, ive never seen such nonsense.?

Theyre out there....count yourself lucky you havent met them yet...;)

• Advertisement

The gear i bought from amazon are out for delivery,(parcel motel) probably get it tomorrow and give it a quick review with pics (selfie pics, which will mean theyre Shiite) :)

Advertisement