Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Summer armour

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Not havin a go mate..theres this brigade that if you dont have the latest leathers,Rossi helmet,back protector,levers :P or whatever they've just bought.. then youre not a real biker and dont deserve their time....believe me i've lost more "mates" this way....:rolleyes:

True dat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Theyre out there....count yourself lucky you havent met them yet...;)

For sure.

And sure we have someone here who harps on about cruisers, chaps (I've never even seen a pair) and leather waistcoats.

Personally I bike on the cheap, I always have done.

When I started in '85 I hadn't a pot to piss in, then I was on an army wage from then through the 90's, starting a family, mortage etc & still hadn't a pot to piss in.

Now I've a few more quid, but I still wear a jacket I bought over 25yrs ago. I wear a pair of Aldi's textile pants and only recently bought my first proper pair of motorbike boots ~ prior to this I wore only army boots (the army boots are better btw).

Oh, and I wear a leather waistcoat :p

I couldn't give a toss what people wear.. If someone like Wonda feels better spending a small fortune on his personal protection its not for me to say he's wrong (personally I think he's bloody right).

This week I wore shirt sleeves, combat pants, boots and an open face helmet ~ probably every biker who passed me on the M50 and about the northside probably thought I was an asshole.. But I'm not from a time when personal protection was taken as seriously as it is now.

Riding the way I enjoy, and how I'm comfortable is me ~ and feck the begrudgers :p

Oh, my summer gloves are Aldi's and very comfy (about five years old) and my winter gloves are old army issue Frank Thomas which are about 15 years old.

Oh, I draw the line at shorts!.. But there's a little honey who travels pillion on the N2 wearing a little black mini & black tights every morning ~ woman you make my morning <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Guys, I got my robocop gear delivered to parcel motel this morning, and collected it on the way into work, so, as you do, got a workmate to check the arm armor for resistance, dickhed caught me on the mesh part of the torso with a size 16,(you cant even buy them in shops for normal people :0 )
    Guts of the matter is, I like em, and for some reason amazon sent me out a spare pare of the trousers(well mesh pants with armor) which come in at 40stg, which with parcel motel delivery comes in at about 50.
    If any one wants them and is of slim build (32 inch waist and about 5 10 in height you can have them for €35.
    I'll post a photo, if I can tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Itss not the lack of confidence I have in myself that I wear as much good protection as I can afford, it's other road users that scare the **** outta me. TBH I don't spend a small fortune on gear but I try to upgrade each year or when the item needs replacing. I don't drink (rarely) or smoke so paying 160 for a high end back protector makes sense to me, people spend that a night the weekend pissing it up against the urinal (each to their own btw).

Kudos to you if you ride around o natural so to speak, it's just not for moi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Took the thermal linings out of my old Hein Gerrick textile gear, been perfect commuting in Tenerife for the last six months. Previously used the same gear, with the linings for commuting in Irish winter

• Advertisement
Advertisement