Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Setanta / eir Sport free with eir Broadband

Options
  • 18-07-2016 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys

just thought that I'd confirm that Setanta - now eir Sport is still available and that Virgin customers can get the Setanta Sports Pack (now the eir Sport Pack) totally FREE with eir Broadband. Get 42 Premier League Games, every Champions League and Europa League Game, 35 European Rugby Champions Cup Matches, Allianz Leagues GAA and so much more FREE when you switch to eir Broadband. 

You can find out more here, check out our great deals or place your order online at www.eir.ie, call us on 1800 500 300 or chat to one of our online agents here today.

Or just post us here and we will answer any query.

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

I only have the phone and broadband with eir yet i got a letter saying my bundle is changing and I'll be charged an extra €5 for setanta sports even though i don't have a telly package with eir.  What's the story there?  Why will i be charged the extra for something i won't get or don't want? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    I only have the phone and broadband with eir yet i got a letter saying my bundle is changing and I'll be charged an extra €5 for setanta sports even though i don't have a telly package with eir.  What's the story there?  Why will i be charged the extra for something i won't get or don't want? 
    Hi Hilly Bill,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am very sorry to hear you have received this price increase letter. Eir sports is free and I can assure you the price increase is just a general increase and it is not for the Eir sports.

You can avail of Eir sports without having TV by registering to Eir Sports online providing you have signed up to MyEir. Once you have registered you will be able to watch TV and Eir sport on any smartphone, tablet or PC. Also if you have SKY TV you will be able to register you SKY viewing card details and get the channels straight to your TV.

Kind Regards,
    Ciara

The letter tells about the arrival of eir sport and my bundle is changing to eir complete and says that eir sports is now included in the bundle. My phone and broadband bundle is OK as it is and don't need it changed Basically it says they have improved my bundle but all they have done is changed the name and added an extra € 5 a month onto the bill. If i got a letter stating that my current bundle is going up then although i wouldn't be pleased i wouldn't be on here giving out. Now to say that they have improved my bundle and charge me for it when there isn't any difference is a kick in the teeth especially when we also have mobile contracts with eir. I've no interest in eir sports and this increase is clearly to cover it even though the claim is that it's free.

The letter tells about the arrival of eir sport and my bundle is changing to eir complete and says that eir sports is now included in the bundle. My phone and broadband bundle is OK as it is and don't need it changed. 
    This is correct Hilly Bill. If this bundle does not suit your needs I would recommend you contact our loyalty team directly to explore your options. You can contact them on 1901 (option 4)

-Ciara

The best option is to leave my bundle alone as I'm getting nothing extra anyway but forced to pay extra for something that is claimed to be free. The extra they claim in the bundle is what i already have apart from eir sports which is supposed to be free and which i don't want anyway especially on the phone. .  Charging extra on people's bills to cover something that you claim to be free is outrageous. 

• Advertisement

The best option is to leave my bundle alone as I'm getting nothing extra anyway but forced to pay extra for something that is claimed to be free. The extra they claim in the bundle is what i already have apart from eir sports which is supposed to be free and which i don't want anyway especially on the phone. .  Charging extra on people's bills to cover something that you claim to be free is outrageous. 
    Hi Hilly Bill,

I would recommend you contact our Eir customer care on 1800-307-183 as this is a dedicated team to answer any queries in relation to this.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tonio

Hi, 
    I just signed up to eir broadband to avail of the eir sports offer.  I am moving from Vodafone and have an install appointment for next Wednesday.  

I bought a second hand sky box as I am not a sky subscriber.  How do I go about subscribing to eir sports?  Will you send me a card?  I have an old expired card from 5 years ago - could this be used?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jordie

I also have a skybox but I am not a sky subscriber, can I still get this thru the box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

jordie wrote: »
    I also have a skybox but I am not a sky subscriber, can I still get this thru the box?
    I'm afraid not  jordie.

-Pamela 

Tonio wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I just signed up to eir broadband to avail of the eir sports offer.  I am moving from Vodafone and have an install appointment for next Wednesday.  

I bought a second hand sky box as I am not a sky subscriber.  How do I go about subscribing to eir sports?  Will you send me a card?  I have an old expired card from 5 years ago - could this be used?

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tonio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid you would be unable to watch this service on a Sky box unless you are availing of a TV service from Sky.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream the service here once you are an eir broadband customer https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭jayo99

Why is my package price being increased because of the addition of 2 new sports channels.

A) I have these channels on my sky box and even when these channels were Setanta I never watched them
    B) My broadband has NEVER gone above 1.4Mbs and so is unsuitable for streaming TV so I can't watch the channels anyway

Can you just leave the price of my package alone . The existing price for basic 'broadband' is quite high as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Same situation here, don't want my bundle changed and don't want the (free) sports or other options.

How do I go about cancelling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Hi, I have mobile broadband with Eir which costs in excess of €60pm, am I entitled to get the sports package or is it only for fixed line bb? If so can you explain why I cannot get it.
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Hi there. I'm 15 years with upc/virgin, on their phone/tv/broadband triumvirate. I want to maintain my bt sport access for motogp and ufc, but I also want eurosport for cycling coverage. 

Am I right in saying that you do not offer eurosport? 

Am I also right in my understanding that I could keep virgin TV (& eurosport from them) & just get Eir broadband which would give me bt sport back? 

Would I only have bt sport online then or would I have back on my TV as a regularly accessible channel? 

Thanks 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

I registered two days ago and can login at https://my.eir.ie no problem but when i try to login at http://live.eirsport.ie/ it says 'Failed to login, please try again'

whats the deal? :(

user: wonderboysam@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

missing the Dundalk game tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I had great craic trying to avail of the Eir Sports offer and other folk might be able to benefit from my experience.

We have a 2 Sky boxes at home. Late last year I took advantage of an offer to get Setanta for a year.
    It was a Black Friday offer. I only took it for the second box. They would have charged a good bit extra for the multiroom.

So earlier this year, we also changed our broadband to Eir. And lfor the past few weeks, I have been trying to get Eir Sports
    on the main box, seeming as it would be free.

Everything points to doing this online and I followed every instruction. Nothing worked. At one stage, I even got confirmation emails that
    it had worked. I don't know how many online chats I had but it was getting very frustrating. Nobody was able to help.
    Emails went back and forth and still nothing.

Finally yesterday, I managed to get through to the 0818 20 30 40 call centre. And that wasn't easy. I must have been thrown out of their
    system at least 10 times with the automated instruction that they were too busy and to go online. So the Scottish girl there told me that
    the main box could only be activated over the phone. Nothing online would have worked.

18 months for "free". They don't know what will happen after that.

Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm afraid not  jordie.

-Pamela 
    Hi, 

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tonio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid you would be unable to watch this service on a Sky box unless you are availing of a TV service from Sky.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream the service here once you are an eir broadband customer https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/[/font]

So an Eir customer must have an active Sky subscription in order to watch the Eir Sports Pack through a Sky box? 

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Tonio

muffler wrote: »
    So an Eir customer must have an active Sky subscription in order to watch the Eir Sports Pack through a Sky box? 

Despite the response received here I was able to get it to work. First I bought a second hand Sky HD box. I connected the box to the Internet and inserted my old card (inactive for 5 years) and was able to pair it to the box using the on screen prompts. The card came alive in no time. Then on the Eir site I paired my card to my broadband account and in less than 5 minutes all the Eir and BT channels including HD were active.

muffler wrote: »

Despite the response received here I was able to get it to work. First I bought a second hand Sky HD box. I connected the box to the Internet and inserted my old card (inactive for 5 years) and was able to pair it to the box using the on screen prompts. The card came alive in no time. Then on the Eir site I paired my card to my broadband account and in less than 5 minutes all the Eir and BT channels including HD were active.
    Thanks for that. I thought I read elsewhere that an active Sky sub wasn't required and hence my query above.

I'll wait to see what the Eir reps here have to say now as its just not good enough that a simple question cant be answered truthfully.

• Advertisement

No responses from Eir  ??

eamonnq wrote: »
    No responses from Eir  ??
    It is the weekend after all so I dont expect a response until tomorrow, Monday

Yeah, but there has been no response to any of the posts on here since the 26/07 

eamonnq wrote: »
    Yeah, but there has been no response to any of the posts on here since the 26/07 
    Ah right. Fair point and lets hope that someone will see fit to address these questions tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

What browsers support the live streaming of eir sports on a laptop. I have tried to run it on both  Chrome and Microsoft Edge but no joy.

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    What browsers support the live streaming of eir sports on a laptop. I have tried to run it on both  Chrome and Microsoft Edge but no joy.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jim Bowen, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Windows and Mac computers[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

jayo99 wrote: »
    Why is my package price being increased because of the addition of 2 new sports channels.

A) I have these channels on my sky box and even when these channels were Setanta I never watched them
    B) My broadband has NEVER gone above 1.4Mbs and so is unsuitable for streaming TV so I can't watch the channels anyway

Can you just leave the price of my package alone . The existing price for basic 'broadband' is quite high as it is.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jayo99,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I’m sorry to hear you feel this way. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting our loyalty team to explore your options on 1800307183 if you are unhappy with your new bundle.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

ShaunC wrote: »
    Hi, I have mobile broadband with Eir which costs in excess of €60pm, am I entitled to get the sports package or is it only for fixed line bb? If so can you explain why I cannot get it.
    thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ShaunC,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The eir Sport package is free to fixed broadband customers only. Unfortunately, this offer is not available to eir mobile Broadband customers.[/font]

I'm afraid not  jordie.

-Pamela 
    Hi, 

Thanks

Hi Pamela,

When I see you logged in would you mind confirming that your comments above are indeed factual. Cheers.

• Advertisement

Still waiting!

Advertisement