Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Setanta / eir Sport free with eir Broadband

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Roar wrote: »
    I also need assistance in registering for eirSport. When attempting to subscribe to eirSport, my Eir username and password, which I can successfully log into my Eir with, are not recognised on the Eir Sport subscription web page. Can somebody help please?
    This is happening to me too. Any advice?
    Same problem. was on to their chat lines, didnt get any joy. One of the chat people asked me for my password which I though was strange.

Any news on these problems, I would like to have Eir sports for the weekend. I have been waiting for 5 weeks to get my broadband installed and get my Eir sports working.

when I try login to eir sports with my Eir email and password I get failed login your email or password is incorrect. I can login to my Eir account with that eamil and password.

It has been over a month since i signed up but you still have not activated my phone so that I can register with Eir sports.

How long more than 34 days will it take for my phone to become active?

According to your PM I should be able to log into my Eir Sports, I cant . Can you ring me to sort this out.

It cant be that difficult to sort out the problem.

• Advertisement

i have the problem solved. A guy called Bobby in Eir solved it.

The criteria for passwords on Eir and Eir sports are different.

You may be able to sign into your Eir account with your Eir password but it may not work with Eir sports.

The password needs to be between 6 and 10 characters long. it must contain at least one capital letter, at least one lower case letter and at least one number.

I use a mac and you cannot view Eir sports on any browser other than Safari. You also must have siverlite enabled.

Thanks to Bobby who solved the problem for me. Eir you should give him a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Moonloop

Hi ,
         My partner had several calls without getting sorted on Friday , and Ive just had a failed call with eir ( got disconnected) , then had a very rude Indian(?) guy give me the bums rush " Please come up with the complete information in order for me to get into the account " and he disconnected me from Chat ! 
          We received an e-mail from eir offering us to switch back from Sky and receive eirsports for free . Our Sky contract was ending so we decided to give it a go and ordered eir broadband but were not connected up till after Christmas . Now I find on my Visa bill that Ive been billed for 3 months eirsports (Dec/Jan/Feb) even though we are  eir broadband customers . Eirsports was in my name and the eir broadband is in my partner's but its the same landline and she has been unable to get into the eir account or get a new password sorted with CS .

Can anyones here help please ? 

~M~

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Moonloop wrote: »
    Eirsports was in my name and the eir broadband is in my partner's but its the same landline 
    The Sports pack has to be in the same name as the broadband account holder. 

muffler wrote: »
    Moonloop wrote: »
    Eirsports was in my name and the eir broadband is in my partner's but its the same landline 
    The Sports pack has to be in the same name as the broadband account holder. 
    Fair enough , so cancel my 'subscription' and get us back on an even keel . Every damn 'department' we talk to says its not their fault . My missus is blocked from the eir account and nobody can give her a temporary password to get back in ! Round and round we go  . 

Can I have a rebate for Jan/Feb please ??

~M~

Really ? No help on here at all ? We've sorted it out now to the extent that we now have Eir Sports on both the Sky Q boxes and have been told that we will no longer be billed but nobody is available to refund some of the last few months charges  . The main problem is entirely caused by Eir . They never informed Setanta that we were now Eir subscribers ( and therefore not to be billed ) and , most ridiculous of all , because no one deleted our old account from 4-5 years ago we can still not log in to my eir and can not use the apps on the iPad ! 

Any one willing to help ?

~M~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

All you need to do now Adam is to pass the good news on to one of your colleagues who was quite insistent in the past (both in public and in private) that an active Sky sub was required to view the Eir & BT Sports pack. 

Btw thanks for clearing that up :)

can someone from Eir please clarify if the above is true. I just got off the phone from a very insistent rep who told me a Sky subscription is definitely required to view the Eir and BT sports pack and that he has never heard of viewing cards being sent out.
    I have an active Sky subscription but will be cancelling it shortly and want to know if I can still view the sports pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

All you need to do now Adam is to pass the good news on to one of your colleagues who was quite insistent in the past (both in public and in private) that an active Sky sub was required to view the Eir & BT Sports pack. 

can someone from Eir please clarify if the above is true. I just got off the phone from a very insistent rep who told me a Sky subscription is definitely required to view the Eir and BT sports pack and that he has never heard of viewing cards being sent out.
    I have an active Sky subscription but will be cancelling it shortly and want to know if I can still view the sports pack.
    Hi Alfie Tupper ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

Eir sport can be viewed via Sky TV set top box, Eir vision or Eir sport app, all for free if you have Eir broadband. If you do not have Eir broadband you can still subscribe to Eir sport directly on your Sky TV set top box, you can speak with an Eir sport agent directly on 0818203040 or email cs@eirsport.ie, where they can advise you if your sky viewing card will still work (if you cancel Sky) or if you need a new viewing card (which they can indeed order on your behalf).

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Alfie Tupper

Hi Alfie Tupper ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

Eir sport can be viewed via Sky TV set top box, Eir vision or Eir sport app, all for free if you have Eir broadband. If you do not have Eir broadband you can still subscribe to Eir sport directly on your Sky TV set top box, you can speak with an Eir sport agent directly on 0818203040 or email cs@eirsport.ie, where they can advise you if your sky viewing card will still work (if you cancel Sky) or if you need a new viewing card (which they can indeed order on your behalf).

Thanks

Thomas
    Thank you for your prompt reply Thomas.

Isn't it great when the left hand knows what the right hand is doing :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I am currently subscribed to eirsports, but I get it for free because I have eir broadband. What happens if I change broadband provider? Will I need to cancel my eirsports subscription to avoid being charged or will my subscription be automatically cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Should change the title of this thread to reflect the fact that this service is not available at the moment and the website and apps haven't been working for days and customer support have no info other than it is down and the eta is another 24-48 hours...again...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Should change the title of this thread to reflect the fact that this service is not available at the moment and the website and apps haven't been working for days and customer support have no info other than it is down and the eta is another 24-48 hours...again...
    The service is still available on Satellite.
    In fact it has improved with 6 HD channels now that eir Sport 1 is gone HD.

Great. How can I access that without a Sky or other subscription service? 

Great. How can I access that without a Sky or other subscription service? 
    You do not need a subscription to access those via a Sky STB .....  just an out of sub card and the box.
    You register the card with eir and that is it.

You do not need a subscription to access those via a Sky STB ..... just an out of sub card and the box. You register the card with eir and that is it.

Currently have saorview and a FTA sat receiver, is there Freeview sat receivers with recording capability that you can get an eir card for, or does it have to be an out of sub card from another provider? Don't really want to have a sky box in the way..

Originally posted by Johnboy1951
    You do not need a subscription to access those via a Sky STB ..... just an out of sub card and the box. You register the card with eir and that is it.

Currently have saorview and a FTA sat receiver, is there Freeview sat receivers with recording capability that you can get an eir card for, or does it have to be an out of sub card from another provider? Don't really want to have a sky box in the way..
    No. It will only operate in a Sky box, which if out of subscription will not allow recording as far as I am aware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Having the same issue. Signed up three weeks ago for Phone and Broadband with free access to Eir Sport. Can’t get access to Eir Sport since we got connected.

Called the useless Eir Customer Care team numerous times. Each time I spend ages holding, eventually when I get through I have to give them the whole story from the start. Then they decide to transfer me to another department and again after holding for ages, I have to give the whole story from the start. After the promise of a phone call back that never happens, I call again and start the whole process over again. Each person I speak with gives me wildly different reasons and timelines ranging from one day to one month. In total, I’ve spent two and a half hours on the phone trying to find a solution. All I want is to login to Eir Sport. It seems that is beyond the capabilities of Eir.

Finally, to the Eir PR people here exercising damage limitation. I don’t care about accessing Eir Sport through Sky or any other way, outside the app. Get your finger out and give me access to the app now. You can have my account number by pm, but I will be reporting back and posting here every day until this matter is resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have had this same issue since signing up with Eir broadband, got it working on Sky but unable to sign into My Eir or Eir sports since I signed up. Keep getting told to retry in 24 hours and that its a known issue

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Current deal for €39.99 broadband and eir sport. Is that a vat inclusive price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

DRice wrote: »
    Current deal for €39.99 broadband and eir sport. Is that a vat inclusive price ?

I signed up for this offer weeks ago. However I still don’t have access to Eir Sport. It seems I am not alone. Eir customer care don’t ‘care’. See my previous post above.

Keep this in mind when making a decision.

Postit wrote: »
    I signed up for this offer weeks ago. However I still don’t have access to Eir Sport. It seems I am not alone. Eir customer care don’t ‘care’. See my previous post above.

Keep this in mind when making a decision.

It's eir s approach to customer service that worries me. Did you get charged 39.99 or is there vat to be lumped on?. I have an ongoing active sky TV service the problems seem to be people accessing it through a browser or app?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭onform

I also signed up for Eir broadband recently, but can't access Eir sports via app. because of issues registering on my eir. Getting a similar runaround with customer support. My 14 day cooling off period is on Friday, I'm considering cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

onform wrote:
    I also signed up for Eir broadband recently, but can't access Eir sports via app. because of issues registering on my eir. Getting a similar runaround with customer support. My 14 day cooling off period is on Friday, I'm considering cancelling.

Same. Didn't relise there was a 1TB cap on data as well but how can you monitor usage when the my eir doesn't work?

Can anyone answer my question about the vat ,is 39.99 the total price ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

DRice wrote: »
    Can anyone answer my question about the vat ,is 39.99 the total price ?
    I can't speak for Eir obviously but that price would be vat inclusive. Service providers, like businesses, must give the price including vat or alternatively give both in a clear fashion. In any event only business customers would see ex vat pricing with residential customers being given vat inclusive prices

• Advertisement

I can't speak for Eir obviously but that price would be vat inclusive. Service providers, like businesses, must give the price including vat or alternatively give both in a clear fashion. In any event only business customers would see ex vat pricing with residential customers being given vat inclusive prices
    Thanks, I should have specified the reason for my question, I was told over the phone by one of eirs competitors to be careful of eir as their prices published are vat exclusive.this didn't seem right to me and you have confirmed my suspicions (of the information). It must be vat inclusive. It has to be.

Advertisement