Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Setanta / eir Sport free with eir Broadband

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

So if you get an old sky box, where can you get a card from ? I am giving up on the web version, it is a joke and keeps crashing. 59 packets dropped error, shuts down, absolute disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    So if you get an old sky box, where can you get a card from ?  I am giving up on the web version, it is a joke and keeps crashing. 59 packets dropped error, shuts down, absolute disaster.
    You could pick up an expired card on Adverts or Donedeal (make sure its not an English one) Should cost no more than a few euro.

Best thing is to contact Eir and ask them to arrange a viewing card for you which is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I have the green Eir Sport app on my tablet. It streams fine but when I try to cast, it says "due to copyright restrictions we are unable to make this programme available"

I have cast it before and it's been fine. I got onto live chat and they claim the app doesn't cast. I am a broadband customer.

What is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭onform

I have the green Eir Sport app on my tablet. It streams fine but when I try to cast, it says "due to copyright restrictions we are unable to make this programme available"

I have cast it before and it's been fine. I got onto live chat and they claim the app doesn't cast. I am a broadband customer.

What is going on?

Chromecast is available on the green app for broadband customers, but not the red one for mobile.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/chromecast/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

onform wrote: »

What is going on?

Chromecast is available on the green app for broadband customers, but not the red one for mobile.
    https://www.eir.ie/support/eir-sport/chromecast/
    Could you explain your answer please?
    I have the green Eir Sport app on my tablet.
    To enable Chromecast on the eir Sport App, you need the following:
    • The most up to date version of the eir Sport App (green) downloaded on your device (phone / tablet).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Yes, I have the Green App.

Could the issue be that I'm trying to cast in a different house that has Virgin Media? (Yes, I'm still an Eir Broadband customer).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭crossman47

I'm new to this thread. I have EIR broadband and can get Eirsport on my PC (albeit regularly buffering so not very satisfactory). I have TV from Virgin but, when I spoke to them, they said these sports channels were not available free. I thought that was part of the deal!

Advertisement