Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Setanta / eir Sport free with eir Broadband

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

muffler wrote: »
    Still waiting!

I cancelled my sub with Sky a few weeks ago and eir sports is working on my box. I just entered my viewing card number and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mafc wrote: »
    Still waiting!

I cancelled my sub with Sky a few weeks ago and eir sports is working on my box. I just entered my viewing card number and it worked straight away.
    Thats good to know and Im hopeful that it will work for everyone else in the same situation.   :)

jordie wrote: »
    I also have a skybox but I am not a sky subscriber, can I still get this thru the box?
    I'm afraid not  jordie.

-Pamela 
    Tonio wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I just signed up to eir broadband to avail of the eir sports offer.  I am moving from Vodafone and have an install appointment for next Wednesday.  

I bought a second hand sky box as I am not a sky subscriber.  How do I go about subscribing to eir sports?  Will you send me a card?  I have an old expired card from 5 years ago - could this be used?

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tonio,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid you would be unable to watch this service on a Sky box unless you are availing of a TV service from Sky.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can stream the service here once you are an eir broadband customer https://www.eir.ie/sport/eir-customers/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

When I see you logged in would you mind confirming that your comments above are indeed factual. Cheers.
    Im at a loss here as to why Pamela (or any of the Eir Reps) is either unwilling or unable to address the matter I highlighted. This isnt the type of customer service that one would expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    What browsers support the live streaming of eir sports on a laptop. I have tried to run it on both  Chrome and Microsoft Edge but no joy.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Jim Bowen, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Windows and Mac computers[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela, So what browser do I use or is this the Third Secret of Fatima?

I wonder why the reps are ignoring this thread.

• Advertisement

Last call on this question before we raise the matter elsewhere.

Does an Eir broadband customer require an active Sky subscription in order to watch the Eir Sports Pack through a Sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Does an Eir broadband customer require an active Sky subscription in order to watch the Eir Sports Pack through a Sky box?

No is the answer as my sub has been inactive for almost two months and eir sports pack is crystal clear on my Sky box. However I think an eir rep should state this here and stop avoiding the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

ShaunC wrote: »
    Hi, I have mobile broadband with Eir which costs in excess of €60pm, am I entitled to get the sports package or is it only for fixed line bb? If so can you explain why I cannot get it.
    thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ShaunC,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The eir Sport package is free to fixed broadband customers only. Unfortunately, this offer is not available to eir mobile Broadband customers.[/font]

So I see, is there a reason why mobile broadband customers are discriminated against?  We are paying more for less already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi muffler,

I responded to your PM.

-Pamela 

Hi, I have mobile broadband with Eir which costs in excess of €60pm, am I entitled to get the sports package or is it only for fixed line bb? If so can you explain why I cannot get it.
    thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ShaunC,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The eir Sport package is free to fixed broadband customers only. Unfortunately, this offer is not available to eir mobile Broadband customers.[/font]

So I see, is there a reason why mobile broadband customers are discriminated against?  We are paying more for less already.
    Apologies I could not offer you better news [font=Verdana, sans-serif]ShaunC,[/font]

-Pamela

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Hi,
    Is it possible to access the eir sport/BT sport channels if you have broadband with Virgin Media and TV with SKY. Do you have to have broadband with EIR to access these channels?

Hi,
    Is it possible to access the eir sport/BT sport channels if you have broadband with Virgin Media and TV with SKY. Do you have to have broadband with EIR to access these channels?
    You dont need Eir BB and you can get the sports pack but it will cost you - LINKY

Hi,
    Hi  Lucas Castroman,

Yes you can, you can sign up here https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Lucas Castroman

Hi,
    You dont need Eir BB and you can get the sports pack but it will cost you - LINKY
    Cool thanks, 
    And am I right in saying you can't view the sports pack through a virgin media horizon box - i.e no option to subscribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

I had Setenta on my Sky package - I have Eir broadband so can now cancel the subscription for Setanta. I've added my viewing card details etc... Do I need to cancel the subscription with Setenta to stop the €25 a month? If so could you tell me how I do it.

Hi,
    Cool thanks, 
    And am I right in saying you can't view the sports pack through a virgin media horizon box - i.e no option to subscribe?
    That's correct Lucas Castroman

-Pamela 

Shane732 wrote: »
    I had Setenta on my Sky package - I have Eir broadband so can now cancel the subscription for Setanta. I've added my viewing card details etc... Do I need to cancel the subscription with Setenta to stop the €25 a month? If so could you tell me how I do it.
    Hi  Shane732,

Thanks for getting in touch.
    Yes you would need to request cancellation of this service, this can be done on 0818 271 416.

-Pamela

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Hi,

I'm an active Eir BB and Sky customer. I'm trying to avail of the sports offer online; it keeps telling me that my email addresses are invalid. I've tried mine and my wife's. Is there an issue with the site or what?

Regards,
    80s

80s Child wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm an active Eir BB and Sky customer. I'm trying to avail of the sports offer online; it keeps telling me that my email addresses are invalid. I've tried mine and my wife's. Is there an issue with the site or what?  

Regards,
    80s
    Have you registered with My Eir before looking for the sports deal?

That's what I'm trying to do, apologies if I didn't state that. I'm trying to register and it keeps telling me that my email addresses are invalid. All three of them!

• Advertisement

That's what I'm trying to do, apologies if I didn't state that. I'm trying to register and it keeps telling me that my email addresses are invalid. All three of them!
    Well, you cant register with any more than a single email address so if you are using multiples then of course you are in difficulty. When you first go to register with My Eir you put in your account number and phone number. Somewhere after that you enter your email address. An email (from Eir) is then sent to that email account and you must click on the link in it to activate your Eir registration. Have you checked for that email? 

Well, you cant register with any more than a single email address so if you are using multiples then of course you are in difficulty. When you first go to register with My Eir you put in your account number and phone number. Somewhere after that you enter your email address. An email (from Eir) is then sent to that email account and you must click on the link in it to activate your Eir registration. Have you checked for that email? 

Cool. Will do. Cheers

Cool. Will do. Cheers
    Please do let us know if you need any further assistance 80s Child :D

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

What browsers support the running of Eir sport on a PC?

Jim Bowen wrote: »
    What browsers support the running of Eir sport on a PC?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers are not supported [/font]Jim Bowen[font=Verdana, sans-serif]. - I would recommend using Internet explorer. [/font]

[font=Cambria, serif] [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Is there a subscription that allows me to watch BT Sport channels on mobile/tablet through the app?

I'm not interested in changing the TV/Broadband/Phone at home - looking for a stand alone subscription.

Thanks.

Paladonia wrote: »
    Is there a subscription that allows me to watch BT Sport channels on mobile/tablet through the app?

I'm not interested in changing the TV/Broadband/Phone at home - looking for a stand alone subscription.

Thanks.
    I'm afraid not  Paladonia,

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

Do Eir have any plans to make Eir Sports 1 HD available via the sky platform? It appears to exist on other platforms but is only available on the Sky platform in SD. 

A quick question on behalf of a mate. He is an Eir phone and BB subscriber and currently has the Eir/BT Sports pack though his main Sky box in his sitting room. He has another Sky box in the kitchen and was wondering can he get the sports pack on it also and if so how does he go about it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

A quick question on behalf of a mate. He is an Eir phone and BB subscriber and currently has the Eir/BT Sports pack though his main Sky box in his sitting room. He has another Sky box in the kitchen and was wondering can he get the sports pack on it also and if so how does he go about it.

Cheers.
    Yes is the short answer.

But it can only be done by ringing Sky directly and getting them to activate the second box.
    Well at least that was my experience a couple of months ago.

Advertisement