Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Setanta / eir Sport free with eir Broadband

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

muffler wrote: »
    A quick question on behalf of a mate. He is an Eir phone and BB subscriber and currently has the Eir/BT Sports pack though his main Sky box in his sitting room. He has another Sky box in the kitchen and was wondering can he get the sports pack on it also and if so how does he go about it.

Cheers.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]muffler,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]He should be able to register all addition boxes here https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 46,125 ✭✭✭✭muffler

A quick question on behalf of a mate. He is an Eir phone and BB subscriber and currently has the Eir/BT Sports pack though his main Sky box in his sitting room. He has another Sky box in the kitchen and was wondering can he get the sports pack on it also and if so how does he go about it.

Cheers.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]muffler,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]He should be able to register all addition boxes here https://www.eirsport.ie/subscribe[/font]

Thanks for that Pamela. Much appreciated.

The second Sky box he is proposing to use is a standard Sky+ box with an active multiscreen (multiroom) sub with Sky. He will probably get me to do this for him as he's not into the technical or PC/online stuff so could I just ask if the Sports pack will be free also on his second box? I dont want to land him with an extra unforeseen charge on his next bill  :)

Cheers.

Thanks for that Pamela. Much appreciated.

The second Sky box he is proposing to use is a standard Sky+ box with an active multiscreen (multiroom) sub with Sky. He will probably get me to do this for him as he's not into the technical or PC/online stuff so could I just ask if the Sports pack will be free also on his second box? I dont want to land him with an extra unforeseen charge on his next bill  :)
    Still awaiting a response to this. Will there be any additional charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WestCorkRebel

Do Eir have any plans to make Eir Sports 1 HD available via the sky platform? It appears to exist on other platforms but is only available on the Sky platform in SD. 
    Has this been answered elsewhere that I am not aware of??

Do Eir have any plans to make Eir Sports 1 HD available via the sky platform? It appears to exist on other platforms but is only available on the Sky platform in SD. 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]muffler,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No there are no additional charges for a standard Sky box.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi WestCorkRebel,

I'm afraid not at the minute.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭cletus

Hi,
    Just wondering if there is any plans to release a Common Interface+ module card for the eir sports package here in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Hi Pamela ,

So I've registered and got the email and the setup is fine.

I was unable to access it on my laptop, but going through the thread I noticed that it isn't supported by Chrome, so that's fine, I'll sort that.

Now, how do I get it so I can watch it on my TV through my Sky box?

Many thanks,

Shaun

80s Child wrote: »
    Hi Pamela ,

So I've registered and got the email and the setup is fine.

I was unable to access it on my laptop,  but going through the thread I noticed that it isn't supported by Chrome, so that's fine, I'll sort that.

Now, how do I get it so I can watch it on my TV through my Sky box?

Many thanks,

Shaun
    Hi  80s Child,

You can sign up here Connect eir Sport to your Sky Box

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

cletus wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering if there is any plans to release a Common Interface+ module card for the eir sports package here in Ireland
    It would surely help all those of us who do not subscribe to Sky.
    I am presently trying to use a borrowed Sky box to only watch eir sports .........  what an absolutely frustrating experience!
    Added to that I cannot record any programme to watch later.

I want to use a card in my combo box ......  but it will no longer work for eir sports (it used to until last weekend).

So, eir ........  what are you going to do about those of us who do not subscribe to the Sky rip-off?

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I am presently trying to use a borrowed Sky box to only watch eir sports .........  what an absolutely frustrating experience!

I want to use a card in my combo box ......  but it will no longer work for eir sports (it used to until last weekend).

So, eir ........  what are you going to do about those of us who do not subscribe to the Sky rip-off?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Johnboy1951,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are not a sky customer you can watch the service on the eir Sport app, on the browser here or via eir Vision. [/font]

Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Johnboy1951,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are not a sky customer you can watch the service on the eir Sport app, on the browser here or via eir Vision. [/font]

Nice idea .....  but my connection is not good enough for satisfactory streaming of sport.
    Even if it was, eir do not allow me to stream from my PC because I do not use Windows or MAC on it.

So my question still remains .......  what are you going to do about those of us who do not subscribe to the Sky rip-off?
    What about providing a decryption card that will allow us to use a generic receiver?

Hi,

Nice idea .....  but my connection is not good enough for satisfactory streaming of sport.
    Even if it was, eir do not allow me to stream from my PC because I do not use Windows or MAC on it.

So my question still remains .......  what are you going to do about those of us who do not subscribe to the Sky rip-off?
    What about providing a decryption card that will allow us to use a generic receiver?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Johnboy1951.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we would be unable to provide a viewing alternative other the options previously advised.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Johnboy1951.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid we would be unable to provide a viewing alternative other the options previously advised.[/font]

Why would eir be UNABLE to do so?
    Other providers can do so ...... are eir incapable of doing something similar?

I suspect what you mean is that you are UNWILLING to do so, which is completely different.

Hi,

Why would eir be UNABLE to do so?
    Other providers can do so ...... are eir incapable of doing something similar?

I suspect what you mean is that you are UNWILLING to do so, which is completely different.
    Again apologies I could not offer you better news  Johnboy1951,

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I registered two days ago and can login at https://my.eir.ie no problem but when i try to login at http://live.eirsport.ie/ it says 'Failed to login, please try again'

whats the deal? :(

user: [snipped]
    I am having the same problem, I contacted Eir chat last week and was instructed to contact Eir Sports support, they in turn said they could not help and said I should contact Eir Support which I again did but that was last Tuesday, 2/5/17 and it is still not sorted and I have heard nothing from either side. My Eir support reference is *.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi there, 

I do apologise for the slight delay in reply.

If you would like to avail of euro sport you would have to have eir vision as your tv service. When you have eir vision, you can then avail of Eurosport. This would be an additional add-on of €10.00 a month. 

Yes, that is correct. However, you will only be able to view BT sports on the eir app and not on the TV. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

dudeeile wrote: »
    I registered two days ago and can login at https://my.eir.ie no problem but when i try to login at http://live.eirsport.ie/ it says 'Failed to login, please try again'

user: [snipped]
    I am having the same problem, I contacted Eir chat last week and was instructed to contact Eir Sports support, they in turn said they could not help and said I should contact Eir Support which I again did but that was last Tuesday, 2/5/17 and it is still not sorted and I have heard nothing from either side. My Eir support reference is [snipped]
    Hi dudeeile,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today:)

For security reasons, I would recommend removing your order number from public view. Can you please confirm what device and browser you are currently using when you are trying to login into eir sport? 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

user:
    I am having the same problem, I contacted Eir chat last week and was instructed to contact Eir Sports support, they in turn said they could not help and said I should contact Eir Support which I again did but that was last Tuesday, 2/5/17 and it is still not sorted and I have heard nothing from either side. My Eir support reference is [snipped].
    Hi dudeeile,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today:)

For security reasons, I would recommend removing your order number from public view. Can you please confirm what device and browser you are currently using when you are trying to login into eir sport? 

Thanks,
    Leanne.
    IE11, i get the following message:

Failed to login, please try again.
    Your email or password is incorrect, please try again.

However, those credentials work just fine for eir.ie login and have been entered numerous time so no possiblity of a simple input error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Can you please confirm if you have registered your details here to register for the eir sport app?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Can you please confirm if you have registered your details here to register for the eir sport app?

Thanks,
    Anna
    That link takes me to eir.ie, I stated in an earlier post that I had no problems logging in to my existing eir.ie account. Is there something else inside my eir.ie account I need to do or tick?
    If you would like to avail of euro sport you would have to have eir vision as your tv service. When you have eir vision, you can then avail of Eurosport. This would be an additional add-on of €10.00 a month. 

Yes, that is correct. However, you will only be able to view BT sports on the eir app and not on the TV. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

What exactly do you mean by the above, I have to pay extra or not, I can watch online or not, very confused.

I've tried chat and got told to use phone for support, they don't get back to me so I bring my issue here but the response time is pretty slow to be honest.

Thanks,
    Anna
    That link takes me to eir.ie, I stated in an earlier post that I had no problems logging in to my existing eir.ie account. Is there something else inside my eir.ie account I need to do or tick?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

What exactly do you mean by the above, I have to pay extra or not, I can watch online or not, very confused.
    Are you looking to view / subscribe to Eurosport or just simply get the Eir / BT Sports pack?

I'm very sorry.

Can you please try resetting your Myeir password and this should then let you into the eir Sport app?

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm very sorry.

Can you please try resetting your Myeir password and this should then let you into the eir Sport app?

Please let us know if this works.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Yep that's solved my log in problem, thanks.

However, the quality is really low and unwatchable, I've tried out Eir Sport 1 & 2 and BT Sport 1 & 2, it shows all are broadcasting at HD so shouldn't the online quality be the same provided my bandwidth is sufficient to cover HD.

I'm delighted to hear this dudeeile :)

I would recommend checking your internet connection as this may be the cause. 

Unfortunately, the eir Sport app is not yet available in HD.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

I'm delighted to hear this dudeeile :)

I would recommend checking your internet connection as this may be the cause. 

Unfortunately, the eir Sport app is not yet available in HD.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna
    Well I checked my connection and I'm pretty sure I should be able to view HD so anymore suggestions.

6283853792.png

Unfortunately, the eir Sport app does not currently support HD.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

-Anna

Unfortunately, the eir Sport app does not currently support HD.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

-Anna
    Yep you've said that already but what about streaming through the browser?

• Advertisement

I apologise for that.

Unfortunately, this would be the same case for streaming through a browser.

-Anna

Advertisement