Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suit for wedding

• 18-07-2016 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭

Hi I've my aunties wedding coming up on 28th August.

I'm 25 years old and only ever wore a suit as a kid at a funeral. I'm looking for a slim fit, stylish suit. None of that stuff that looks like old men wear.

I'm struggling to find anything decent in my price range ( 200 at the absolute max by a stretch) but a website based in liffey valley looks to have good stuff. I'll link a suit below.

Tomorrow I'm going into the city centre to have a look, I'm long and lean. 6"2 and 15 stone..I'm think but a bit of stubborn fat..no beer belly or anything. I find it so hard to even find a tshirt at times as I'm always unsure whether I'm large or XL and buying without trying on = a disaster to me.

Is my budget realistic? Is the prices in link below excluding measuring? I'm a complete amateur at suit shopping.

http://www.mossbros.ie/moss-london-slim-fit-blue-stripe-mixer-jacket-965640991

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Try Marks and Spencer. You can buy trousers and jackets separately.

If you're in Dublin city centre, I've found that the branch at the Jervis Centre is better for suiting than Grafton St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

mailforkev wrote: »
    Try Marks and Spencer. You can buy trousers and jackets separately.

If you're in Dublin city centre, I've found that the branch at the Jervis Centre is better for suiting than Grafton St.

I'll try there tomorrow. It never crossed my mind to try in there before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Yeah I'd try both M&S and Next.

Both sell all parts of the suit seperately, so if you have long arms or short legs or something, then its a much easier option.

Think they both have sales on at the moment too so I'd go in soon. Also, keep in mind you'll need a smart pair of shoes, a belt, a decent shirt and a tie most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

House of Frazier have a sale I you'll gets great suit for less than 200

Here is an example http://m.houseoffraser.co.uk/null+Porter+Denim+Texture+Suit/PORTERBlue_Blue,default,pd.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Also try Debenhams on Henry St.

As you're younger and on a bit of a budget you could try the likes of River Island/ Burton. They won't be amazing quality but i'd imagine it'll just be for weddings etc for now. I was in Burton in Jervis last week and they had a great sale on- suits with free shoes for less than €200. Like I said, they won't last forever but they'd look well for a year or so of little wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Zara is another place to try. Saw fab ones in there recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Try TM Lewin. There is a shop on South Anne Street (just off Grafton Street) and also another shop downstairs in House of Frasier in Dundrum

Advertisement