Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Islabike Cnoc 16"

Options
  • 18-07-2016 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭

A long shot but.. Looking for the 16" version for my 5 year old girl, and if anyone is looking to sell or thinking of upgrading their daughters bike to a larger size, I thought this might be a good opportunity.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

I must add - all suggestions of similar good bikes for that age is welcome. She has a 16" Huffy and she's struggling to get it to move which is rather heavy for her, and she ends up fighting with her 3 year old sister to share her 12" bikestar balance bike (which is a superb little bike, people still stop now and again to ask where we bought it from - amazon of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

I had spent a good bit of time looking to buy one second hand and in the end bought a new one for my 5 year old son. I reckoned that it made sense to buy it new as we have younger kids who will use it too and we got to choose the colour we wanted.

It cost £250 new with free delivery to ROI and you will recover most of that when you go to sell it second hand.

thanks letape, might just do that myself. Although still deciding on what to get if buying new. Islabikes are recommended by everyone, but loking around I do see other bigger brands do kids bikes as well:

Giant Adore 16": (looks wrong and heavy)

Specialized Hotrock Coster 16":

b4e0_22_hot_16_cstr_girl_pnk_pur_wht_spzld_13_z.jpg

Also Frog 48:

frog_48_pink.jpg?maxheight=1200

And this Early Rider BELTER Urban looks great as well:

Belter_V4_profile_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1442241737

Early Rider Belter is only around 5 kgs, Islabike is 6 kgs, and Frog 48 is below 7 kgs. I haven't been able to find anything about how much Specialized Hotrock weigh.

Belter is the most expensive - £290, Islabike is around £250, Frog 48 €250 and Specialized Hotrock is the cheapest of the lot.

Also found this great page: http://www.twowheelingtots.com/pedal-bikes-comparison-charts/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I have one and it will be for sale end of summer I reckon.
    However I bought it for my son when he was 5... Was flying it on it within a week... My then 3 year old(whose now 5) took a shine to it and was bombing around on it the following week so I let her have it and picked up a beinn 20 for him. My kids are both small for their age too BTW.
    What I'm saying is she will outgrow it real quick considering she is 5 I'd go for a beinn 20 unless there's a younger sibling maybe that will use the cnoc too.
    Marty.

Thanks Martyc.

Yes, there's a three year old who could grow into the Cnoc 16, she's currently on a 12" balance bike. Older one who had outgrown the balance bike this time last year but she is still not strong enough to enjoy the Huffy 16" - her inseem is 46 cms, which is kinda middle of the range for Cnoc 16. Hopefully she can move on to a 20" in a year or two and younger one can upgrade to the 16" then.

I read somewhere (probably here) that 12", 16", 20" is a good progression..

PS: End of summer might be too late for me, but thanks for mentioning it - I will keep an eye / update.

• Advertisement

Update: Now looking for a cnoc 14" - but it's not urgent at all.

Islabike Beinn 20 small arrived today. It took less than 10 minutes to put it all together, and with seat at lowest possible position (47 cm), my 5.5 year old can just about get the ball of her feet on the ground. That didn't matter. With all her experience of riding 12" balance bike, and few months of struggling with the Huffy with stabilizers ((around 12kg) really paid off for her - within fifteen minutes of getting on it, she was riding around in the cul-de-sac absolutely no issues. Changing gears even! No stabilizers, no drama. Great bike indeed - just very dear! Free shipping with DHL delivery, came in 4 days after ordering.

3.5 year old is now a bit glum and she doesn't have these amazing yokes called 'pedals' on her balance bike. So yeah, if anyone is looking to sell a cnoc 14" I am still looking!

Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 runbridge

@martyc5674 Will you still have cnoc 16" for sale? If so I have been looking for ages for secondhand one. I have done a lot of research etc. If you are upgrading would you consider selling to me? Many thanks for considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭boomdocker

• Registered Users Posts: 9 iryka

positron, have you already sold your bike or still have it for sale? Thanks

Advertisement