Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best results for canon eos m3

• 18-07-2016 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Anyone have any links to guides or would share what are the best settings to have on your canon for best results.
    I know this kinds of sounds ironic, but I would prefer not to use raw :eek:. Only reason being because its not easily accessibly in other platforms and takes a lot of memory.

I just want to use the camera for general photos and videos. Hoping to autofocus whenever need to be instead of me always trying to focus it(helps when making videos). Personal use, really.
    I did a bit of research and only thing that comes near to what I am after is a tutorial on youtube explaining the features, but it does not talk about the modes on the camera and which to put on(auto mode, the p mode, tv, av, m etc.) I have no idea what most are, I just have it down to A+. (New to the camera game, sorry)
    Also is it true if you turn it off all your settings go to defaults, when you have A+ mode on ??

Thanks for any advice or tips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The settings you use depend on what you are shooting really, there is no such thing as best. I shoot canon cameras, but I don't have your model, so my advice will have to be more general.

No harm in avoiding RAW if you don't want to edit after, although I always shoot RAW on my cameras.

Just use One-Shot AF (should be the default) and you will be fine with focusing photos. You don't say what trouble you have with focusing, so I'm not too sure what to answer here really.

As for the modes on your camera, you should be able to find them online easily, either on the canon site or just through google, no point me explaining here as others have done far better than I have elsewhere.

Advertisement