Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

University Hospital Galway

Options
  • 18-07-2016 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering does anyone know if you can self refer to UHG? Im currently 7/8weeks pregnant and really adverse to paying my gp €90 for bloods and a referral letter like my last pregnancy!

Thanks,
    Fiona

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

yes, you can self-refer. However, if your GP charges all that, you should find a different GP. Mine was free for first appointment, and she even said to pop back in if I've any issues before travelling in the next few weeks free of charge. Bloods and referral was all covered. I've also picked up 2 travel letters from them at no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Don't think you can self refer in Galway. At least I couldn't. Currently 35 weeks pregnant and both with this pregnant and my previous I had to be referred by my GP. This is through the public system, might be different if you are going private.

I guess only way to know for sure is to try. The labour ward is just left of the A&E department.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Fiona4037

Finally got through to them today, they only accept GP referals so i'll be making an appointment for next week.

Thanks

Sorry to hear. Hope it works out with a new GP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement