Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can the Eir Sports iOS app be used by non Eir broadband subscribers?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi, I'm a subscriber to Eir Sports via the Sky platform. I'm not an Eir broadband customer. Can I use the Eir Sports app to view the sports channels I've subscribed to? I've downloaded the app, and it's looking for an 8 digit Eir account number. My Eir Sports (legacy Setanta Sports) account number is only 7 digits long?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

rwald7 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a subscriber to Eir Sports via the Sky platform. I'm not an Eir broadband customer. Can I use the Eir Sports app to view the sports channels I've subscribed to? I've downloaded the app, and it's looking for an 8 digit Eir account number. My Eir Sports (legacy Setanta Sports) account number is only 7 digits long?
    Hi Rwald7,

Thank you for getting in touch :)

I am afraid if you are not an Eir broadband customer you would be unable to avail of Eir sports. You would need to be registered to MyEir in order to register for EirSport.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Moonloop

Surely this cannot be right ? I am about to be billed €225 to renew the Sports Pack and was told efforts are being made to enable it on my upstairs Sky Q Mini Box and in the meantime I could use the App . However , nothing I input into the Restoration Form works and even using my partner's former Eircom Account gets us anywhere !!!!

If it is a thing that we Sky Subscribers are not entitled to use the App too then we should get a serious discount ! I am strongly considering not renewing .

~M~

Moonloop wrote: »
    Surely this cannot be right ? I am about to be billed €225 to renew the Sports Pack and was told efforts are being made to enable it on my upstairs Sky Q Mini Box and in the meantime I could use the App . However , nothing I input into the Restoration Form works and even using my partner's former Eircom Account gets us anywhere !!!!

If it is a thing that we Sky Subscribers are not entitled to use the App too then we should get a serious discount ! I am strongly considering not renewing .

~M~
    Hi ~M~,

Thank you for getting in touch :) I am very sorry to hear this. 

Unfortunately, if you have not got an active broadband account with eir you will be unable to receive eir Sports free or through our app. 

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

-Ciara

eir: Ciara wrote: »

~M~
    Hi ~M~,

Unfortunately, if you have not got an active broadband account with eir you will be unable to receive eir Sports free or through our app. 

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you and I do apologise for the inconvenience caused.

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara ,
                 Thanks for your reply . Unfortunately , it could be the reason I cancel as this is really not good enough . For Sky subscribers Setanta provided multi tv access to the Sports Pack channels and an app for out of home viewing . Eir , in their re-branding frenzy , have managed to destroy 2 of those 3 services for ( under contract ) Sky Q customers and yet are charging the same annual charge ! 

So , anyone , stood there with money in hand , ready to subscribe but guilty of not being an Eir customer , is expected to forego some of the benefits . I'm sure some boardroom genius thinks this a great way to 'grow' the business ; it isn't . It sucks . 

~M~

eir: Ciara wrote: »

~M~
    Hi ~M~,

-Ciara
    Hi Ciara ,
                 Thanks for your reply . Unfortunately , it could be the reason I cancel as this is really not good enough . For Sky subscribers Setanta provided multi tv access to the Sports Pack channels and an app for out of home viewing . Eir , in their re-branding frenzy , have managed to destroy 2 of those 3 services for ( under contract ) Sky Q customers and yet are charging the same annual charge ! 

So , anyone , stood there with money in hand , ready to subscribe but guilty of not being an Eir customer , is expected to forego some of the benefits . I'm sure some boardroom genius thinks this a great way to 'grow' the business ; it isn't . It sucks . 

~M~
    No problem at all ~M~,

I completely understand how frustrating this must be for you. I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Apologies I could not offer you some better news today.

-Ciara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

How ridicules is this! Is there any plans to change this? 
    What is the justification for penalising customers, who pay full price for the sports pack just because they choose not to be an Eir BB customer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Blahtoblah wrote: »
    How ridicules is this! Is there any plans to change this? 
    What is the justification for penalising customers, who pay full price for the sports pack just because they choose not to be an Eir BB customer?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid there is no timeframe for this at the minute [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Blahtoblah,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm genuinely sorry I could not offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

In the history of own goals , this is right up there . I'm sure it was hoped to pull customers from Virgin/Sky and yet it has exactly the opposite effect . Rather than pay Eir , who have relegated themselves to last place , it means people who are willing to pay will scout some dodgy footy websites , tune in ITV 4  or just head down to the pub the 3-4 times when their own team is on !! The bonus of No Charge for Eir customers is fair enough , but there's no need to kick the rest of us out ! What purpose does it serve ? 

I think it may be time to investigate a new steerable dish ; I used to have one in the 90's , watch TV Norge with the commentary provided by BBC Radio !

It would be better value than this rip-off .

~M~    

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

In the history of own goals , this is right up there . I'm sure it was hoped to pull customers from Virgin/Sky and yet it has exactly the opposite effect . Rather than pay Eir , who have relegated themselves to last place , it means people who are willing to pay will scout some dodgy footy websites , tune in ITV 4  or just head down to the pub the 3-4 times when their own team is on !! The bonus of No Charge for Eir customers is fair enough , but there's no need to kick the rest of us out ! What purpose does it serve ? 

I think it may be time to investigate a new steerable dish ; I used to have one in the 90's , watch TV Norge with the commentary provided by BBC Radio !

It would be better value than this rip-off .

~M~    
    Thanks for the feedback  Moonloop,

-Pamela 

Youre welcome Pamela , Hopefully someone upstairs is listening . In my neighbourhood , several people I've talked to are debating whether to sign up for what is actually a poor value deal for any non-Eir customers . Anyone who signed for Sky Q in the last 6 months
    can't do anything about for 18 months anyway so it can be the source of much domestic strife if Sports coverage is limited to 1 tv

Regards

~M~

• Advertisement
Advertisement