Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biffy Clyro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Most recent setlist for anyone interested;

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2016/lanxess-arena-cologne-germany-13fa291d.html

Pretty much playing the new album in full.

I've that exact playlist made out on Spotify about 2 weeks now so I know every word.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Duff wrote: »
    I've that exact playlist made out on Spotify about 2 weeks now so I know every word.:pac:

Sweet!

Have been listening to the last 3 albums all week so am more or less covered too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Most recent setlist for anyone interested;

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2016/lanxess-arena-cologne-germany-13fa291d.html

Pretty much playing the new album in full.

:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

STAGE TIMES TONIGHT FOR Biffy Clyro
    Doors: 6.30pm
    Brand New: 7.45pm
    Biffy Clyro: 8.45pm

Ended up missing Brand New due to the buses and then meeting a friend for a pint or 2. Biffy were unreal as usual and pretty much played 2 hours coming on at exactly 8:45 and ending about 10:45

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I thought they were great. They changed the setlist a bit too, compared to the recent European shows, so we got Justboy and Folding Stars. Delighted.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Doctor Bojangles

Great show. Way better than last time round I thought the stage setup and everything was way over the top then. They were brilliant last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Epic show. Good setlist & the staging and lights were so well done. They always sound like there's far more than 5(?) of them up there!

That said, I was near the back for most of it as my friend was coming straight from the Ireland match & we got there just before they started. View wasn't bad but the people around us kept talking/shouting during the acoustic/quieter songs! Who does that?!?! Much better once we got some space to move forward though.

Great show. Way better than last time round I thought the stage setup and everything was way over the top then. They were brilliant last night

Agree with that. Was at the 2013 gig and this was definitely better. The band were really up for it and got the crowd going who seemed subdued a little at the start.

Noticed a couple of sound issues during the set but they were quickly fixed both times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Enjoyed that I have to say. Good crowd too very little phones out made it a class night

• Advertisement

Agree with that. Was at the 2013 gig and this was definitely better. The band were really up for it and got the crowd going who seemed subdued a little at the start.

Noticed a couple of sound issues during the set but they were quickly fixed both times.

Yea the PA cut out for a few seconds on two occasions. Didnt think we would get 2 hours but very happy.

How did Brand New go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

While I thought the visual side was amazing; I really did not know the new stuff at all. Gig was a bit of damp squib in that respect for me.

Brand New were decent but they were better in Vicar street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    While I thought the visual side was amazing; I really did not know the new stuff at all. Gig was a bit of damp squib in that respect for me.

Brand New were decent but they were better in Vicar street.

I'm the opposite, knew the new album off, but less of their older stuff. Fantastic gig, really chilled crowd, great stage setup with the lights and the podiums on either side.
    Wasn't a fan of Brand New, maybe their setup would have suited a smaller venue. The sound just wasn't right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

eeguy wrote: »
    I'm the opposite, knew the new album off, but less of their older stuff. Fantastic gig, really chilled crowd, great stage setup with the lights and the podiums on either side.
    Wasn't a fan of Brand New, maybe their setup would have suited a smaller venue. The sound just wasn't right.

your missing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    your missing out.

I have it queued up on Spotify for later today ;)

Yea the PA cut out for a few seconds on two occasions. Didnt think we would get 2 hours but very happy.

How did Brand New go down?

Didn't get to see them, only arrived at around 8:30. Must have just missed them.

Didn't get to see them, only arrived at around 8:30. Must have just missed them.

Yea think they came on at 7:45

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I went to the Belfast gig. Unfortunately I arrived into the venue at 7:15pm and managed to see Brand New. Lesson learned :D Biffy were amazing :cool:

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The sound for BN was terrible in Dublin. They also only played 7 songs I think with Tommy Gun being the highlight. I think the venue was a bit big for their sound. They were amazing in Vicar St. last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Duff wrote: »
    The sound for BN was terrible in Dublin. They also only played 7 songs I think with Tommy Gun being the highlight. I think the venue was a bit big for their sound. They were amazing in Vicar St. last year.

I thought the sound was great, have you been to many 3arena/O2 gigs? I've always found the sound terrible but it seemed much better on Saturday than usual.

• Advertisement

I thought the sound was great, have you been to many 3arena/O2 gigs? I've always found the sound terrible but it seemed much better on Saturday than usual.

I think the key is to stand in front of the sound engineering station. It should be balanced there and you should hear what the sound engineer hears.

Yeah, I've been to about 25 :pac: The sound was grand for Biffy. Just when BN opened with Snowing Season it sounded all over the place. Could've been because I was standing slightly to the side.

Advertisement