If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for Older person

Options
  • 19-07-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there

My very elderly parents have finally updated their Sky package to HD (they didn't want to part with their very very old telly, sentimental about it which I completely understand) but they are getting it installed next week and I need to get them a new HD TV .

Things to consider.
    *They have no wifi ( but may get it in the future)
    *Dad has bad eyesight.
    *Bad hearing so good sound is a must.
    *Dad watches a lot of sport especially golf. 
    *Need 42 to 50 inch Telly.
    *Easy to use remote ( will mostly use Sky remote).
    *Delivery to the midlands before this weekend

Thanks 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dexysgirl wrote: »
    Hi there

My very elderly parents have finally updated their Sky package to HD (they didn't want to part with their very very old telly, sentimental about it which I completely understand) but they are getting it installed next week and I need to get them a new HD TV .

Things to consider.
    *They have no wifi ( but may get it in the future)
    *Dad has bad eyesight.
    *Bad hearing so good sound is a must.
    *Dad watches a lot of sport especially golf. 
    *Need 42 to 50 inch Telly.
    *Easy to use remote ( will mostly use Sky remote).
    *Delivery to the midlands before this weekend

Thanks 
    Hi Dexysgirl,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. If you are looking for a good TV that's very easy to use I would suggest either a Samsung or a Panasonic. They have very well laid out remotes and user friendly menus/smart hubs. One very good model at the moment is the Panasonic TX49DX600.

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201921-tx49dx600b.aspx

This has a great panel with 800Hz motion processing giving a smooth picture for sports, a great smart hub and a very natural picture. This is also a 4K TV so it is a little sharper on standard TV than most other Televisions however to get the full benefit of 4K you would need 4K content. Sound in most TVs are not fantastic. As they get thinner and thinner there isn't enough space to put good speakers into them so they end up sounding a bit tinny. This TV has a built in 20W amplifier so has a better sound quality than a lot of other flat screen TVs. I actually have one of these in stock and could have it to you by the end of the week. Delivery to ROI is £6.99.

Let me know if this is the sort of thing you're thinking about.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.