Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

GLaDOS wrote: »
    I think I'm happy with this. Not convinced about Routlege but I think I'll take the risk.

c5a26dc2c4b9f929e005a7fced776251.png

Coquelin is a waste of an Arsenal spot (he's not really nailed anyway) and your defence could be in tatters if Berty is back GW2 and Naughton is dropped for Rangel. I would get Amat for Smith and Naughton to a nailed 4.5m like Kone

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Coquelin is just a cheap placeholder, he won't be playing (I plan on playing my WC in GW 3). Is Amat likely to get any gametime? Wary of Kone missing GW1 as he's only joining this week. Will look at alternative to Naughton though.

Edit: I though Amat was a fb :o Should play now I expect, good call.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

dahat wrote: »
    Foster & Jak

Friend, Kone, Valencia, Evans, Smith

Lamela, Hazard, Routledge, Tadic

Vardy, Ibra, Aguero

Looks pretty strong to me with a gw3 my plan atm. Easy downgrade Vardy and upgrade Lamela if needed.
    km79 wrote: »
    Yes
    I like that

Exact same GK and front 8 as myself. I have Targett in there at the moment, but not settled on mu defense just yet. Will wait and see Mangers comments closer to the time regarding Stones / Williams / Targett and others.

The only one I'm unhappy with is Routledge, not sure if there is anyone better at the price point. And not sure if any of the 5.5s are worth downgrading my Defense even further. I'm fairly set on the other attackers though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Would upgraded Lamela to Erikson or Alli and downgrading Tadic to Redmond be better?

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Coquelin is just a cheap placeholder, he won't be playing (I plan on playing my WC in GW 3). Is Amat likely to get any gametime? Wary of Kone missing GW1 as he's only joining this week. Will look at alternative to Naughton though.

Edit: I though Amat was a fb :o Should play now I expect, good call.

No need to tie yourself to that though when you can have Capoue or Leko at 4.5m. You wouldn't need Kone GW1 with Shaw, Friend, Targett starting. Ben Mee on Burnley another good 4.5m option

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Heaton (Jak)
    Dawson, Fuchs, Valencia (Kone, Amat)
    Hazard, Mahrez, Deulofeu, Firmino (Leko)
    Ibra, Vardy, Gray

Heavy on Leicester and no Aguero. I'm not picking anyone who played the Copa or went deep into the Euros. Not convinced by Hazard but is in because I had the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

FHFC wrote: »
    Stones over Shaw enables me to go to 7.5 mid. Will see what Pep says on his chances of starting GW1 but its a strong option.

I think he'll start, Kompany is out and they're at home to Sunderland. Not the worst game to introduce him even if he's only been with the squad a few days, he's had a full pre-season so why not.

I think I'm going to go Shaw, Stones & Kone coupled with 2x 4.0s (Kinglsey and Amat of Swansea - hedging my bets!). I'll be sweating for GW1 but from those I think I'd have 4 playing DEFs for every GW until the wildcard.

Edit: if everton sign Kone and Williams then I'll have to have a think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Okay, so the 50th draft I have done so far but pretty happy with it and will explain why!!

Foster (Jak)
    Its fairly Boards template at the moment, Foster to play every week, if injury or suspension Jak will come in. (Having Courtois last year in GW1 didn't do me any favours)

DF - Stones, Shaw, McAuley (Kone, Kingsley)
    Stones should start Saturday, played all pre season and Kompany out, read someones post earlier that it's only Sunderland so decent game to start him in. Shaw a no brainer, good attacking although difficult decision v Valencia. McAuley as the 4.5 playing DF for GW1 to rotate with Kone if/when he moves to Everton. Kingsley as my bench fodder 4.0

MF - Tadic, Mahrez, Hazard, Lamela (Leko)
    Tadic has had a good pre season on set pieces, think he'll do well. Mahrez as with Vardy have nice opening 3 fixtures, Hull a shambles and Arsenal/Swansea both weak defensively starting off with no experience/Williams gone. Hazard I think will have a great season and hopefully hit the ground running. He's still quality. Lamela is a great 7.0 selection, should do well decent fixtures too. Leko as cheap 4.5 forward too isn't he?

FW - Aguero, Vardy, Gray
    Aguero no introduction needed. Gray top goalscorer last season in Championship, 8/9 goals in pre season too. Home to Swansea GW1 will want to make a good start. Vardy over Ibra was my big selection - unbelievable season last year, scored the weekend. Ibra at 11.5 I find is too expensive, yes he scored at the weekend but sometimes it takes time to settle properly so it's a gamble alright.

Any thoughts please, rip to shreds if needs be people ! :D

hogey143 wrote: »
    Okay, so the 50th draft I have done so far but pretty happy with it and will explain why!!

Foster (Jak)
    Its fairly Boards template at the moment, Foster to play every week, if injury or suspension Jak will come in. (Having Courtois last year in GW1 didn't do me any favours)

DF - Stones, Shaw, McAuley (Kone, Kingsley)
    Stones should start Saturday, played all pre season and Kompany out, read someones post earlier that it's only Sunderland so decent game to start him in. Shaw a no brainer, good attacking although difficult decision v Valencia. McAuley as the 4.5 playing DF for GW1 to rotate with Kone if/when he moves to Everton. Kingsley as my bench fodder 4.0

MF - Tadic, Mahrez, Hazard, Lamela (Leko)
    Tadic has had a good pre season on set pieces, think he'll do well. Mahrez as with Vardy have nice opening 3 fixtures, Hull a shambles and Arsenal/Swansea both weak defensively starting off with no experience/Williams gone. Hazard I think will have a great season and hopefully hit the ground running. He's still quality. Lamela is a great 7.0 selection, should do well decent fixtures too. Leko as cheap 4.5 forward too isn't he?

FW - Aguero, Vardy, Gray
    Aguero no introduction needed. Gray top goalscorer last season in Championship, 8/9 goals in pre season too. Home to Swansea GW1 will want to make a good start. Vardy over Ibra was my big selection - unbelievable season last year, scored the weekend. Ibra at 11.5 I find is too expensive, yes he scored at the weekend but sometimes it takes time to settle properly so it's a gamble alright.

Any thoughts please, rip to shreds if needs be people ! :D

Your team is very good, not having Zlatan is the only obvious risk, swapping Tadic for Redmond would allow you to upgrade Lamela to Erikson Or Alli. However theres no way to know , your set up could be better as is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

15 unread pages of RMT.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

• Advertisement

Your team is very good, not having Zlatan is the only obvious risk, swapping Tadic for Redmond would allow you to upgrade Lamela to Erikson Or Alli. However theres no way to know , your set up could be better as is

I would hold Lamela over the other two based on spurs pre season. Certainly I'd have him ahead of Erik son, Alli is less straightforward

I would hold Lamela over the other two based on spurs pre season. Certainly I'd have him ahead of Erik son, Alli is less straightforward

How have the 3 done in pre season?

Lamela returned to preseason in early July despite playing in copa America final.
    Has started all preseason games and scored on 2 of the last 4. He looks sharp

Alli scored 2 I think in the win against Milan the other day but Milan where terrible all preseason and Mancini was sacked the other day.

Erikson has played a few games but hasn't done anything of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Anyone like to give me their thoughts on the following. Planning on the WC in GW3 as I'm aware the bench is fairly poor. Think the team needs both Manchester clubs (7 players in the 11) to start strongly.

Foster

Shaw Stones A. Williams Sagna

Mahrez Silva Pogba Kante

Ibra Aguero

Bench: Jakupovic, Paredes, King, Jutkiewicz

Opinions of this

Mandanda
    Jakupovic

Shaw
    Stones
    Friend
    Amat
    Smith

Hazard
    Lamela
    Tadic
    Firmino
    Leko

Aguero
    Zlatan
    Gray

Or the above with the following swab Gray to Vardy and Firmino to Routledge

JeffCash wrote: »
    Anyone like to give me their thoughts on the following. Planning on the WC in GW3 as I'm aware the bench is fairly poor. Think the team needs both Manchester clubs (7 players in the 11) to start strongly.

Foster

Shaw Stones A. Williams Sagna

Mahrez Silva Pogba Kante

Ibra Aguero

Bench: Jakupovic, Paredes, King, Jutkiewicz

Sorry - 6 Manchester players. 4 City 2 Untied!

Sorry - 6 Manchester players. 4 City 2 Untied!

Why do you have Kante in their, are you a newbie to this game?

Why do you have Kante in their, are you a newbie to this game?

For the token 3 points(Chelsea clean sheet) then bench for King in GW 2 & 3 then WC. Not much else in the price range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What do people think about holding back some money for whatever happens in GW1?

Currently looking at a front 8 of:

Hazard/Sigurdsson/Tadic/Townsend/Capoue
    Vardy/Aguero/Gray

I'll have 2.5m in the bank for upgrades if anything comes very apparent in the opening week.... I want Redmond or Tadic for GW1 and GW3, and Sigurdsson for GW1-2 also.

For the token 3 points(Chelsea clean sheet) then bench for King in GW 2 & 3 then WC. Not much else in the price range.

yes but the 4.5m midfielder is used as bench fodder, you have him in your first 11. There are better options to Pogba and Silva aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SantryRed wrote: »

Vardy/Aguero/Gray

I'll have 2.5m in the bank for upgrades if anything comes very apparent in the opening week.... I want Redmond or Tadic for GW1 and GW3, and Sigurdsson for GW1-2 also.

I'd often do this. Flexibility to move in on transfer is huge.

I hopefully will hold 0.5 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

whats everyones opinion on Stones he's still down as an Everton player 5m on FPL will he start for city from the off

would he be a good investment

2r7n3gi.png

almanu wrote: »
    whats everyones opinion on Stones he's still down as an Everton player 5m on FPL will he start for city from the off

would he be a good investment

Good price but City's fixtures aren't great from the beginning. Think he's an avoid until after GW4. His ownership will probably sky rocket too.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd often do this. Flexibility to move in on transfer is huge.

I hopefully will hold 0.5 at least.

Have upgraded my defence so have 1.5m to hold. I'm going to call it my Ibrahimovic emergency fund as it's exactly what's needed for Vardy -> Ibra.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vardy/Aguero/Gray

A good idea something I'm considering

Good price but City's fixtures aren't great from the beginning. Think he's an avoid until after GW4. His ownership will probably sky rocket too.

In your opinion is he a starter from day one ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Have upgraded my defence so have 1.5m to hold. I'm going to call it my Ibrahimovic emergency fund as it's exactly what's needed for Vardy -> Ibra.

Good plan. I may copy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

:eek:

Home to Sunderland, away to Stoke, home to West Ham to start the season! That's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Draft number 2:

Foster (Jako)

Soare Stones Friend Kone Kingsley

Tadic Hazard Downing Alli Deulofeu

Aguero Ibra Carroll

Tadic to play GW 1 and 3, Carroll to play GW 2 and 4

Defence is weak, not nailed on yet, but happy with front 8.

Plan to WC early

Any cheap defensive options I'm missing?

• Advertisement

I don't think you spend 50m on a player to not get him in as soon as possible. He'll have a week with the side and Mangala hasn't played in pre season yet either, so I'd say he has a decent chance. By GW2/3 he'll definitely be starting anyways. I think the press conference on Friday will tell a lot!

8-10 wrote: »
    :eek:

Home to Sunderland, away to Stoke, home to West Ham to start the season! That's not bad.

I'd expect Stoke and West Ham to score. Their back line is not settled at all with Sagna returning late, Hart possibly out of favour, and Otamendi picking up a knock/Mangala on transfer list

I would say so given Kolarov and Fernando played at CB v Arsenal the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Gone with this (for now!) any suggestions appreciated! Prob need to get a cheaper 2nd goalie and lose one of Shaw/Terry/Morgan to save a few pound. Not sure on Tadic or Gray so looking to potentialy upgrade them

Foster/Butland
    Shaw/Terry/Morgan(Friend/Taylor)
    Fabregas/Martial/Tadic/Spacecraft(Routledge)
    Aguero/Vardy/Gray

I'd expect Stoke and West Ham to score. Their back line is not settled at all with Sagna returning late, Hart possibly out of favour, and Otamendi picking up a knock/Mangala on transfer list

If you're basing it on the backline being poor - then I agree.

If you're basing it on strength of fixtures than that's where i disagree. I don't think Stoke are any more likely to score against them than most other teams for instance.

I don't think you spend 50m on a player to not get him in as soon as possible. He'll have a week with the side and Mangala hasn't played in pre season yet either, so I'd say he has a decent chance. By GW2/3 he'll definitely be starting anyways. I think the press conference on Friday will tell a lot!

jayzus he would have to be a nailed on buy at 5 million

• Advertisement

If you're basing it on strength of fixtures than that's where i disagree. I don't think Stoke are any more likely to score against them than most other teams for instance.

The backline is no better than last year and they didn't keep a clean sheet in any of those 3 games. Guardiola also wouldn't be well renowned for defensive solidity so I think it'd be best to avoid as there's better value at 4.5m.

Stoke had a very good record at home against the top sides last season and only failed to score in 5/19 matches at the Britannia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Stoke had a very good record at home against the top sides last season and only failed to score in 5/19 matches at the Britannia

Which makes them the joint 14th best in that stat out of 20. Don't know how they compare with regards top sides alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Guardiola also wouldn't be well renowned for defensive solidity

His managerial stats are actually very good in this regard

manual_man wrote: »
    His managerial stats are actually very good in this regard

I agree, but I'd argue the validity of that stat. His last two teams spent so much time dominating possession due to how good they were that they wouldn't give up many chances. I'd really question how this is going to work out at City.

• Advertisement

I agree, but I'd argue the validity of that stat. His last two teams spent so much time dominating possession due to how good they were that they wouldn't give up many chances. I'd really question how this is going to work out at City.

Clutching at straws a bit i think. True he's managed excellent teams at Bayern and Barca, but just look at the season just gone: 17 goals conceded from 34 games (0.5 per game). Next best were Dortmund with double the amount conceded (34 goals). Previous season it was 18 conceded from 34. Those are impeccable defensive stats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Vardy/Aguero/Gray

Usually try and do similar and keep back 1 or 1.5, unlikely this season though if I stick with Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Clutching at straws a bit i think. True he's managed excellent teams at Bayern and Barca, but just look at the season just gone: 17 goals conceded from 34 games (0.5 per game). Next best were Dortmund with double the amount conceded (34 goals). Previous season it was 18 conceded from 34. Those are impeccable defensive stats

They conceded 18 the year before he took over.
    22 the season before that.
    23 the season pep took over.

Not like he transformed them totally like.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    They conceded 18 the year before he took over.
    22 the season before that.
    23 the season pep took over.

Not like he transformed them totally like.

But excellent stats nevertheless. If Man City were to concede, say, 30 goals this season, which i don't think is an unreasonable prediction by any means, that would be 5 fewer than any team last season in the premier league

I was at 1 of those 5 games....might be skewing my memory a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

After further tinkering...

Gomes--Boruc

Stones--Daniels--Wasilewski--Williams--Friend

----Pogba--Kanté--Townsend--Payet--Ramsey---

Agüero--Carroll--Vardy

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Are Pogba/Payet going to be back for the opening fixtures? Will probably only have room to get in one, unless I downgrade my Ibra/Aguero or Stones/Shaw

Are Pogba/Payet going to be back for the opening fixtures? Will probably only have room to get in one, unless I downgrade my Ibra/Aguero or Stones/Shaw

Payet more likely of the two i'd say

I was at 1 of those 5 games....might be skewing my memory a bit!

The Arsenal 0-0? I was there as well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

After a lot of messing around, Ibra in, Ibra out, Ibra back in, Ibra back out...........

Currently left with

Heaton/Gomes

Targett/Stones/Shaw (Evans/Smith)

Fabregas/Lamela/Tadic/Silva/Mahrez

Kun/Long (Deeney)

My head is wrecked !!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement