Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

After a lot of messing around, Ibra in, Ibra out, Ibra back in, Ibra back out...........

Currently left with

Heaton/Gomes

Targett/Stones/Shaw (Evans/Smith)

Fabregas/Lamela/Tadic/Silva/Mahrez

Kun/Long (Deeney)

My head is wrecked !!!

I don't think Fabergas played much in the last pre-season games, he may be at risk of not starting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

any thoughts appreciated, going 4-4-2 with the hope Ayew will be upfront

Butland/--Pickford
    Stones/Shaw/Williams/PVA/--Parades
    Mhykitarain/Ayew/Mahrez/Firmio/--Fletcher
    Aguero/Costa/--Emnes

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Going with Foster
    Friend Targett Fuchs
    Hazard Tadic Lamela Ayew
    Zlatan Aguero Gray
    (Heaton) (Kone) (Francis) (Fletcher)

Economical in defence but happy enough with my balance in midfield and a decent strike force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I don't think Fabergas played much in the last pre-season games, he may be at risk of not starting?

Thought that was because of his red card against Liverpool

Might have to re-think that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Thought that was because of his red card against Liverpool

Might have to re-think that one

Maybe your right. I'd just have a look and think though to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Okay so here is my team any though

Goalkeeper
    Foster (Pope)

Defense

Funes Mori, Amot, Stones (Cameron, Targett) Do not know if Stones will start now gone to City

Midfield

Mahrez, Barkley, Payet, Lamela (Tadic)

Striker

Gray, Aguero, Benteke (Benteke in as if he goes will be a starter)

So what do people think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Manone Pickford
    Baines Valencia McAuley Friend Francis
    Sanchez Firmino Lamela Puncheon Gradel
    Kun Ibra Diomande 0.5M itb

This will change but I like the basic structure.

GKs
    I going with the 8.5M one team combo and hoping to hold WC. The Kone transfer and early fixtures are putting me off Sunderland now so the Burnley pair could be an option. Who's no 2 to Heaton please?

Def.
    2 premo and 3x4.5s I could save on the Baines/Valencia pair.

Attack
    Have Ibra there for now but that could change. However I will ensure he is only a FT away.
    Diomande is there because I think he could give me a genuine choice some weeks.

Criticism appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

de gea (cech)

bellerin morgan shaw (stones) ( fuches)

tadic coutinho dier payet (kante)

gray long aguero

any thoughts appreciated or replacements going 3-4-3

want firminho in there but just short ( actually just swapped out cech with foster and sold coutinho for firminho :)

Okay so here is my team any though

Goalkeeper
    Foster (Pope)

Defense

Funes Mori, Amot, Stones (Cameron, Targett) Do not know if Stones will start now gone to City

Midfield

Mahrez, Barkley, Payet, Lamela (Tadic)

Striker

Gray, Aguero, Benteke (Benteke in as if he goes will be a starter)

So what do people think

I don't like the Targett pick especially if Berty is not out long. I'd have to take your word Amot is a 4M starter.
    A genuine strong fr8 is refreshing and brave and could help with picking the good ones. I like it. So who with their 12pts is on the bench Wk1?:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

pudzey101 wrote: »
    de gea (cech)

gray long aguero

want firminho in there but just short

Way, way too much spent on your keepers. Pick one to play every week and stick Jakupovic on the bench for emergencies.

Similar in defence, no need for more than 3 5m+ defenders (some teams have none).

Get rid of Dier and Kante, they aren't good FF options. Coutinho wouldn't be my choice of Liverpool player.

Use the cash saved at the back to make upgrades elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

de gea (cech)

gray long aguero

want firminho in there but just short ( actually just swapped out cech with foster and sold coutinho for firminho :)

Think your way over budget on your goalkeepers/defenders. Could change on of your keepers and 2 defenders to 4.5 players, still have a solid defence and an extra 2.5/3m to spend.
    Wouldn't pick Dier or Kante, neither will get much in the way of goals or assists.
    Sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

thanks lads first ever team so wasnt sure who to put in :) il change things up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

ElTel wrote: »
    I don't like the Targett pick especially if Berty is not out long. I'd have to take your word Amot is a 4M starter.
    A genuine strong fr8 is refreshing and brave and could help with picking the good ones. I like it. So who with their 12pts is on the bench Wk1?:p

It was either Targett or McAuley/Evans from WBA they might be better. I just picked Amot as he was 4.0M ill have a luck maybe one of the promoted sides have a 4.0M. Cheers

It was either Targett or McAuley/Evans from WBA they might be better. I just picked Amot as he was 4.0M ill have a luck maybe one of the promoted sides have a 4.0M. Cheers

There's now talk that he could be a starter on another thread!
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've tried but I just can not ignore leicsters fixtures. even arsenal second week is not as bad now.
    soooooooooooop do I risk musa or go all out with ibra kun and vardy .
    Had convinced myself Fuchs was enough cover but no longer believe !myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is Kone to Everton definitely going ahead? Will probably bring in Amat if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Looking at this for now. Don't think I'll be too far away from this 15 on Saturday:

Foster/Jakupovic
    Foster to start every week.
    May move for Heaton or Mandanda after a couple of weeks depending on form. Have an eye on Pickford too if he can nudge Mannone out.

Stones/Valencia/Kone/Friend/Brad Smith
    Stones and Valencia to start every week.
    Kone most weeks if he gets selected (which I'd expect). Friend has good fixtures and I'd have no problem slotting him in for Kone. The 2 4.5s could easily have been Evans (went with Foster as WB cover), Souare or Pieters.
    Brad Smith will hopefully not be needed but I'm watching Amat and Tarkowski as my 4.0 bench warmer.

Hazard/Firmino/Barkley/Townsend/Leko
    Hazard gives me a captaincy option in midfield. This could be Sanchez if he continues to play up front.
    Firmino could be played up front but is very attacking and has delivered in the past. Also may give a captaincy option.
    Barkley looks like he's shaping up for a big season under a new manager.
    Townsend is also good value and in a good situation with Bolasie gone to Everton.
    Leko could be played up front if he can get in the team. He's bench fodder at minimum budget otherwise.
    This was the most difficult 5 to pick for me. Many players could sneak in before Saturday morning: Ayew, Lamela, Redmond, Tadic, Walcott, Deulofeu, Oscar, Martial but there's plenty of versatility with the pricing structure I have in midfield to get on a bandwagon if necessary.

Aguero/Ibra/Gray
    Aguero is obvious. Week 1 captain.
    Ibra is a defensive move. I'm sceptical he can do it this year but scared he could start strong with his handy fixtures and don't want to have to try and find that cash after a few weeks. Easy change if required.
    Gray is one of many at 6.5 and I'm prepared to see him in that spot for a few weeks. Could change to Wilson/Long/Negredo/Llorente if they prove to be a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

When did Bolasie go to Everton?

Hmmm this changes things...a little

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Had a horrible start last year so looking for a solid team till possible WC at international break.....

DDG

Shaw / Ivanovic / Ward

Hazard / Yaya / Drinkwater / Tadic

Kun / Vardy / Long

Jak / Evans / Rangel / Watson

Will be rotating Ward/Evans on home matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

thanks lads first ever team so wasnt sure who to put in :) il change things up

There is excellent advice on team structure for new players here. http://www.fplacademy.com/2016/beginners-guide-to-winning-at-fpl/

I don't agree with all of their strategy points esp re hits but its a suoerb breakdown on standard team structure options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Dice75 wrote: »
    Had a horrible start last year so looking for a solid team till possible WC at international break.....

DDG

Shaw / Ivanovic / Ward

Kun / Vardy / Long

Good team, I like it a lot, my main concern would be Yaya and Drinkwater, Pep and Yaya don't get along, I'm sot sure he will feature that much at all, Drinkwater is not really a FF player imo, best for you to ditch those two and get someone else! You could maybe downgrade the defence to free up some funds, also maybe Tadic and Long is overkill with Saints cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Dice75 wrote: »

DDG

Shaw / Ivanovic / Ward

Kun / Vardy / Long

Wouldn't pay 5m for a Palace defender. Stones/Williams are better options. Rangel may not be guaranteed his place. Would be skeptical on Yaya until we see how City line up. For .5 more, you could get Alli/Eriksen/Firmino. Better options than Drinkwater also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Stekelenburg, Robinson

Shaw, Daniels, Evans, Pieters, Simpson

Mane, Siggy, Hazard, Tadic, Cabaye

Aguero, Origi, Austin

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

paulie21 wrote: »
    Stekelenburg, Robinson

Shaw, Daniels, Evans, Pieters, Simpson

Mane, Siggy, Hazard, Tadic, Cabaye

Aguero, Origi, Austin

Any thoughts?

Origi and Austin not guaranteed to start this weekend, same with Siggy perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Okay, here's where I'm currently at. I'll be away on Friday night and unlikely to be sober enough to get near my team on Saturday so I basically need to have it all but done by Thursday. There's some duplication from my last post 10 days ago, but some new stuff too. Bare in mind that this is a team that will be undergoing a wildcard after GW3:

f8aec569901085089a0e6aea12a0b942.png

Goalkeepers: I'm happy to go as cheap as possible here and a pick for Foster is a pick for Pulis, and a pick for Pulis is a pick for clean sheets. They open the season with 2 home games out of the first 3, taking on pal, EVE, and newly promoted MID. Jakupovic should start the season as Hull's #1 due to injury and while I'd expect them to have a very rough season, he gives me a playing bench option at the cheapest price possible for a few weeks. You can't ask for more than that.

Defenders: I can see Zouma/Shaw/Stones being my 3 plug in and play season keeper options at the back this year but to injuries, Terry should start the first few weeks at least and it's pretty much a straight swap then. Shaw doesn't need too much explanation. I don't know if Stones will start the 1st game but I'd expect him to start GW2. Even if he doesn't start the first I'm very happy with Friend's fixture in the meantime to switch in. Boro kept clean sheets in almost 50% of their games last season and had 9 in a row at one stage. Obviously it's a huge step up, but Karanka loves to keep things nice and tight and STO, sun, wba gives them a solid start. I'm happy to roll the dice on Brad Smith or Jordi Amat at £4.0m as things stand.

That defence will give me the following games for the first 3 weeks:

GW1 - WHU, bou, SUN (or STO)
    GW2 - SOU, wat, sto (or sun)
    GW3 - WHU, hul, BUR

Midfield: Hazard is a bit of a punt at that price considering all that has gone on last season but he has looked lively. He seems to have played some games centrally off the striker in pre-season and has nice fixtures to start off. I can afford one premium MID and I'm happy to take the chance considering the uncertainty over De Bruyne's fitness. Tadic admittedly didn't immediately register on my radar, but I read from those far more knowledgeable than me on Southampton that their new gaffer will line up with him playing as a #10 at the tip of a diamond. He should also have their penalties and a bulk of set pieces. With 8 goals and 13 assists last season despite only starting 20 odd games, he looks great value at £7.5m for the first 3 weeks with home games against WAT and SUN. Sigurdsson faces bur and HUL to open the season and thus looks a nice option for those planning an early wildcard despite Swansea likely to struggle. Townsend ended last season on fire and WBA, tot and BOU are a good way to find out if he's a long term option. Capoue is the £4.5m placeholder.

Strikers: Aguero is simply must have. There's a slight risk with Ibrahimovic at that price, but the way I see it is I'd much rather be on him early and able to downgrade to literally anyone else if things go south as opposed to trying to scramble to fit him in. I'm caught in 3 minds over the £6.5m striker option - Gray, Negredo or Long. I really want Gray for GW1, but his next 2 fixtures are terrible. Negredo has 3 solid fixtures but is in a defensively minded side with a manager who has a habit of subbing his striker after the hour mark. Long has WAT and SUN at home in 2 of his first 3 but with Tadic it feels like overkill.

It'll all be blown up after 3 GW's but I think that gives me a solid enough base. Main things I need to sort out are 1) who to go with as the £6.5m striker option, 2) who to go with as my £4.0m defender and 3) who is the best midfielder in that £7.5m or under bracket for the first 3 weeks that is not Tadic or Townsend.

Any thoughts or critique is most welcome lads so fire away. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Currently on this:

Heaton, Jaku
    Stones, Valencia, Nsue, Evans, Kone
    Hazard, Firmino, Oscar, Ayew, 4.5
    Gray Aguero Vardy

Oscar's 1.3% ownership vs Cuadrado's 4.4% has given me a laugh. Not sure if i'll have Oscar come Saturday, but he looks favorite to start in the hole and also looks to have stole Hazards pens. Very, very tempting

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Paully I don't think Siggy has done much pre season with Swansea so may not be nailed on to start GW1.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Currently on this:

Foster
    Shaw Stones Kone
    Hazard Tadic Firmino Deulofeu
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Jaku Capoue Friend Amat

1.5m banked to get Ibra in GW2 if needed. Main doubts are over Firmino and Deulofeu. Alli/Eriksen + Townsend maybe a safer route.

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Paully I don't think Siggy has done much pre season with Swansea so may not be nailed on to start GW1.

Thanks for that. I'll certainly have to re-consider. Aside from Tadic, I don't really fancy anyone else in that price bracket that immediately springs to mind and the aforementioned is already nailed on for a spot in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Paully D wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I'll certainly have to re-consider. Aside from Tadic, I don't really fancy anyone else in that price bracket that immediately springs to mind and the aforementioned is already nailed on for a spot in my team.

Was thinking the same but reading a lot that Ayew at 7.5 might be starting up front for West Ham. Surely at that value classified as a midfielder for a club who had a great season last year is worth a punt? Would need clarification first though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Okay, here's where I'm currently at. I'll be away on Friday night and unlikely to be sober enough to get near my team on Saturday so I basically need to have it all but done by Thursday. There's some duplication from my last post 10 days ago, but some new stuff too. Bare in mind that this is a team that will be undergoing a wildcard after GW3:

Goalkeepers: I'm happy to go as cheap as possible here and a pick for Foster is a pick for Pulis, and a pick for Pulis is a pick for clean sheets. They open the season with 2 home games out of the first 3, taking on pal, EVE, and newly promoted MID. Jakupovic should start the season as Hull's #1 due to injury and while I'd expect them to have a very rough season, he gives me a playing bench option at the cheapest price possible for a few weeks. You can't ask for more than that.

Defenders: I can see Zouma/Shaw/Stones being my 3 plug in and play season keeper options at the back this year but to injuries, Terry should start the first few weeks at least and it's pretty much a straight swap then. Shaw doesn't need too much explanation. I don't know if Stones will start the 1st game but I'd expect him to start GW2. Even if he doesn't start the first I'm very happy with Friend's fixture in the meantime to switch in. Boro kept clean sheets in almost 50% of their games last season and had 9 in a row at one stage. Obviously it's a huge step up, but Karanka loves to keep things nice and tight and STO, sun, wba gives them a solid start. I'm happy to roll the dice on Brad Smith or Jordi Amat at £4.0m as things stand.

GW3 - WHU, hul, BUR

Midfield: Hazard is a bit of a punt at that price considering all that has gone on last season but he has looked lively. He seems to have played some games centrally off the striker in pre-season and has nice fixtures to start off. I can afford one premium MID and I'm happy to take the chance considering the uncertainty over De Bruyne's fitness. Tadic admittedly didn't immediately register on my radar, but I read from those far more knowledgeable than me on Southampton that their new gaffer will line up with him playing as a #10 at the tip of a diamond. He should also have their penalties and a bulk of set pieces. With 8 goals and 13 assists last season despite only starting 20 odd games, he looks great value at £7.5m for the first 3 weeks with home games against WAT and SUN. Sigurdsson faces bur and HUL to open the season and thus looks a nice option for those planning an early wildcard despite Swansea likely to struggle. Townsend ended last season on fire and WBA, tot and BOU are a good way to find out if he's a long term option. Capoue is the £4.5m placeholder.

Strikers: Aguero is simply must have. There's a slight risk with Ibrahimovic at that price, but the way I see it is I'd much rather be on him early and able to downgrade to literally anyone else if things go south as opposed to trying to scramble to fit him in. I'm caught in 3 minds over the £6.5m striker option - Gray, Negredo or Long. I really want Gray for GW1, but his next 2 fixtures are terrible. Negredo has 3 solid fixtures but is in a defensively minded side with a manager who has a habit of subbing his striker after the hour mark. Long has WAT and SUN at home in 2 of his first 3 but with Tadic it feels like overkill.

It'll all be blown up after 3 GW's but I think that gives me a solid enough base. Main things I need to sort out are 1) who to go with as the £6.5m striker option, 2) who to go with as my £4.0m defender and 3) who is the best midfielder in that £7.5m or under bracket for the first 3 weeks that is not Tadic or Townsend.

Any love for Barkley or Deulofeu who could be up front? Have a look at their fixtures. Maybe Lamela but not sure he can be trusted straight away. Walcott is probably the same but scored on Sunday and is a streaky player. Other than that very similar to my own thoughts and team above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

@Paully. Chelsea's defence has looked vulnerable preseason and it could take Conte a while to sort it. I'm not sure whether Terry is worth the investment over say Williams or Kone at Everton saving 0.5 or 1.0.

hogey143 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same but reading a lot that Ayew at 7.5 might be starting up front for West Ham. Surely at that value classified as a midfielder for a club who had a great season last year is worth a punt? Would need clarification first though !

I actually had Ayew in prior to his transfer and while I'm sure he'll be a solid option throughout the course of the season, away games to Chelsea and Manchester City in 2 of the first 3 when I'll be wildcarding after GW3 just don't attract me.
    Liam2012 wrote: »
    Any love for Barkley or Deulofeu who could be up front? Have a look at their fixtures. Maybe Lamela but not sure he can be trusted straight away. Walcott is probably the same but scored on Sunday and is a streaky player. Other than that very similar to my own thoughts and team above.

Haven't even considered the suggested Everton players but they do have some nice fixtures to be fair. wba and STO in 2 of the first 3 while being at home to TOT also. FF Scout seem to think Deulofeu will play just off Lukaku but they haven't updated in a couple of days. I'll certainly have a deeper look at the others too. I was huge on Walcott last year and while that wouldn't stop me from looking at him this year, I'd doubt the amount of gametime he'd get come GW2 and their opening fixtures are tough too.
    FHFC wrote: »
    @Paully. Chelsea's defence has looked vulnerable preseason and it could take Conte a while to sort it. I'm not sure whether Terry is worth the investment over say Williams or Kone at Everton saving 0.5 or 1.0.

Interesting, cheers. As an example, if Kone was to get over the line quickly and I went Terry -> Kone I'd then have enough to upgrade Sigurdsson to someone like Alli/Firmino/Eriksen etc. Food for thought.

Choosing between Tadic and Redmond is my hardest decision currently.

Redmond was on my 'next season' watchlist in May and has been played up front with Long in preseason.

Tadic's stats are impressive but I'd rather go with what I seen last year. So currently I've gone with Redmond which allows me to also get Firminio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully I'm not sure Burnley's fixtures are as difficult as you are making out. They are difficult in the sense of Burnley getting a win but maybe not for gray getting FF points. Liverpool conceded 50 goals last year and Chelsea haven't looked that solid in pre season. I expect Burnley to get no points in those 2 games but I'd be surprised if gray didn't get attacking returns in at least one of the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,437 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thoughts please, I'm a mess this year
    Foster
    Valdes

Terry
    Azpi
    Pieters
    Browning
    Smith

Hojbjerg
    Capoue
    Sanchez
    Eriksen
    Shaqiri

Augero
    Ibra
    Austin

Thoughts on Valdes, Browning, Hojbjerg, Shari and Austin please

Paully I'm not sure Burnley's fixtures are as difficult as you are making out. They are difficult in the sense of Burnley getting a win but maybe not for gray getting FF points. Liverpool conceded 50 goals last year and Chelsea haven't looked that solid in pre season. I expect Burnley to get no points in those 2 games but I'd be surprised if gray didn't get attacking returns in at least one of the games.

That's a very fair comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote:
    Manone Pickford

Baines Valencia McAuley Friend Francis

Sanchez Firmino Lamela Puncheon Gradel

Kun Ibra Diomande 0.5M itb

'Bout time you posted it! Was worried I was going to have to pick my own team! (Only joking).

Is McAuley a guaranteed started at wba?
    Do you plan to rotate him with Friend?

Midfield looks strong. Have Lamela and Firmino myself. Haven't seen much love for Sanchez elsewhere in this thread... thought I read somewhere that he was late joining up with Arsenal for preseason so may not be risked in GW1

'Bout time you posted it! Was worried I was going to have to pick my own team! (Only joking).

Is McAuley a guaranteed started at wba?
    Do you plan to rotate him with Friend?

Midfield looks strong. Have Lamela and Firmino myself. Haven't seen much love for Sanchez elsewhere in this thread... thought I read somewhere that he was late joining up with Arsenal for preseason so may not be risked in GW1

Can only start homing in after the Community Shield.
    My team is built around Ibra fear in a way!
    Francis and McAuley come to the top under the minutes played filter. I think their solid picks but they could change,
    Sanchez got good minutes in their last pre-season game.
    Where are you at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Green&Red wrote: »
    Thoughts please, I'm a mess this year
    Foster
    Valdes

Terry
    Azpi
    Pieters
    Browning
    Smith

Hojbjerg
    Capoue
    Sanchez
    Eriksen
    Shaqiri

Augero
    Ibra
    Austin

Thoughts on Valdes, Browning, Hojbjerg, Shari and Austin please

Keep Valdes drop the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Currently on this:

Heaton, Jaku
    Stones, Valencia, Nsue, Evans, Kone
    Hazard, Firmino, Oscar, Ayew, 4.5
    Gray Aguero Vardy

Oscar's 1.3% ownership vs Cuadrado's 4.4% has given me a laugh. Not sure if i'll have Oscar come Saturday, but he looks favorite to start in the hole and also looks to have stole Hazards pens. Very, very tempting

Cuadrado has that percentage ownership purely for the fact he's very popular with the auto pick selector so loads of casual players will have him.
    Currently on this:

Foster
    Shaw Stones Kone
    Hazard Tadic Firmino Deulofeu
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Jaku Capoue Friend Amat

1.5m banked to get Ibra in GW2 if needed. Main doubts are over Firmino and Deulofeu. Alli/Eriksen + Townsend maybe a safer route.

I have 13 of your players! Just Ibra and Townsend instead of Deulofeu and Vardy. Needless to say, I hope you get off to a great start. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

If anyone gets a chance to pick out an area, or three, I should look into:

Mandanda, Heaton
    Friend, Terry, Shaw, Kone, McAuley
    Hazard, Mane, Cabaye, Tadic, Fletcher,
    Augero, Vardy, Carroll

I think Mane could get off to a flyer especially away from home with Liverpools counter attacking.
    Carroll, with Ayew arriving, will more than likely get changed.
    I have a feeling about Cabaye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

ElTel wrote: »
    Can only start homing in after the Community Shield.
    My team is built around Ibra fear in a way!
    Francis and McAuley come to the top under the minutes played filter. I think their solid picks but they could change,
    Sanchez got good minutes in their last pre-season game.
    Where are you at?

Wont be wildcarding in GW3.
    I think there are too many new managers and big signings to bed in during the opening weeks no to mention players returning late from the euro's and the copa america so I've picked a team to last 5-6 weeks (I say that now, and I'll probably tear up the team after GW1:D)

GK

DDG/Jako ... DDG to play all games and my only united coverage in defense.

DEF

Terry ... thought he was a bargin a few weeks ago, not so sure now. Might swap for Stones.
    Sagna ... city defense coverage with some rotational risk
    Williams ... assuming he goes to Everton.

Friend - will rotate with one the above if fixtures are favourable. Dont know much about MID so just following the crowd with this pick.

Amat - seems to be the best chance of a start 4m defender but will only stick with him if Williams leaves for everton

MID

Firimino - want liverpool attacking coverage and hoping he's the right choice.
    Lamela - good in pre-season and good value at 7m
    Tadic - another popular pick but he could be one of 3-4 for southampton attackers Im mulling over.
    Ayew - another popular pick I've had since day one.

fifth MF will be 5million, one from the usual suspects of Capoue, Berry, Kante or maybe even Delph.

Forwards

Aguero
    Kane
    Gray

...No Ibra, may have to take a hit and downgrade Kane + a defender to fit him in if it goes pair shaped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Am looking to break the template a bit :

VZ7HnIb.jpg

GK : Template

Def: Close to Template

Mid: Before this season, would you ever think you could put Sanchez, Hazard and Aguero in the same side and not have it completely unbalanced ?

Sanchez: Looks like he's playing from the off and is on the back of serious form. He's not been widely mentioned on the forum and I'm worried that we're going down the road of group think. I realise Arsenal fixtures aren't fantastic but has this ever stopped an in form Sanchez in the past ?

Att : I've had Ibra in every draft along with Aguero since day 1. The charity shield shows us that he's a serious operator and only needs the sniff of a chance. Is he that much better than transferring in/out the 7.5 downwards options with best form/fixtures ?

There are some serious players in this category. Wilson, Carrol, Gray, Benteke (Crystal Palace looks a cert after Bolasie)to mention but a few.

What are your thoughts ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Defenders: I can see Zouma/Shaw/Stones being my 3 plug in and play season keeper options at the back this year but to injuries, Terry should start the first few weeks at least and it's pretty much a straight swap then. Shaw doesn't need too much explanation. I don't know if Stones will start the 1st game but I'd expect him to start GW2. Even if he doesn't start the first I'm very happy with Friend's fixture in the meantime to switch in. Boro kept clean sheets in almost 50% of their games last season and had 9 in a row at one stage. Obviously it's a huge step up, but Karanka loves to keep things nice and tight and STO, sun, wba gives them a solid start. I'm happy to roll the dice on Brad Smith or Jordi Amat at 4.0m as things stand.

GW3 - WHU, hul, BUR

Midfield: Hazard is a bit of a punt at that price considering all that has gone on last season but he has looked lively. He seems to have played some games centrally off the striker in pre-season and has nice fixtures to start off. I can afford one premium MID and I'm happy to take the chance considering the uncertainty over De Bruyne's fitness. Tadic admittedly didn't immediately register on my radar, but I read from those far more knowledgeable than me on Southampton that their new gaffer will line up with him playing as a #10 at the tip of a diamond. He should also have their penalties and a bulk of set pieces. With 8 goals and 13 assists last season despite only starting 20 odd games, he looks great value at 7.5m for the first 3 weeks with home games against WAT and SUN. Sigurdsson faces bur and HUL to open the season and thus looks a nice option for those planning an early wildcard despite Swansea likely to struggle. Townsend ended last season on fire and WBA, tot and BOU are a good way to find out if he's a long term option. Capoue is the 4.5m placeholder.

Strikers: Aguero is simply must have. There's a slight risk with Ibrahimovic at that price, but the way I see it is I'd much rather be on him early and able to downgrade to literally anyone else if things go south as opposed to trying to scramble to fit him in. I'm caught in 3 minds over the 6.5m striker option - Gray, Negredo or Long. I really want Gray for GW1, but his next 2 fixtures are terrible. Negredo has 3 solid fixtures but is in a defensively minded side with a manager who has a habit of subbing his striker after the hour mark. Long has WAT and SUN at home in 2 of his first 3 but with Tadic it feels like overkill.

It'll all be blown up after 3 GW's but I think that gives me a solid enough base. Main things I need to sort out are 1) who to go with as the 6.5m striker option, 2) who to go with as my 4.0m defender and 3) who is the best midfielder in that 7.5m or under bracket for the first 3 weeks that is not Tadic or Townsend.

Good team but it adds up to 100.5 million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

GiftofGab wrote: »

It adds to 100 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

GiftofGab wrote: »

No it doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

GiftofGab wrote:

The fact that he could post a screenshot of the team after transfers made suggests otherwise :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,712 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

What are peoples thoughts on Martial and Fabregas? Have both in since the start but thinking I want Lamela and to try upgrade Vardy to Ibra

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Thoughts?

Foster\Jaku

Valencia\Holding\Stones\Friend\Amat

Willian\Townsend\Mane\Lingard\Leko

Ibra\Aguero\Vardy

• Advertisement
Advertisement