Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Colking wrote: »
    Am looking to break the template a bit :

GK : Template

Def: Close to Template

Mid: Before this season, would you ever think you could put Sanchez, Hazard and Aguero in the same side and not have it completely unbalanced ?

Sanchez: Looks like he's playing from the off and is on the back of serious form. He's not been widely mentioned on the forum and I'm worried that we're going down the road of group think. I realise Arsenal fixtures aren't fantastic but has this ever stopped an in form Sanchez in the past ?

Att : I've had Ibra in every draft along with Aguero since day 1. The charity shield shows us that he's a serious operator and only needs the sniff of a chance. Is he that much better than transferring in/out the 7.5 downwards options with best form/fixtures ?

There are some serious players in this category. Wilson, Carrol, Gray, Benteke (Crystal Palace looks a cert after Bolasie)to mention but a few.

What are your thoughts ?

That's very similar to my team actually. I went with Vardy and Redmond over Benteke and Firmino though.

With a set-up like this, you're effectively choosing between Sanchez and Ibrahimovich. I had Sanchez in my team for most of last season, and I see little reason to drop him now. Arsenal's fixtures aren't great for Arsenal, but they're pretty good for Sanchez's fantasy points potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Is it ok to double up with De Gea and a defender like Shaw or Valencia or should I just go with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Is it ok to double up with De Gea and a defender like Shaw or Valencia or should I just go with one?

Probably a safe bet as Mourinho teams defend well. But it might be an idea to spread the defence a bit at the start. If Utd take off well attack wise though you might want to have 2 attacking players instead of 2 defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

This is very handy from F365 on the pre-season:
    http://www.football365.com/news/pre-season-results-top-scorers-and-standout-players

My team:
    DeGea/Foster
    Terry/Williams/Stones/Brad Smith/Stones/Lenihan
    Mane/Pogba/Andros/Lamela/Hojbjerg
    Ibra/Kun/Gray

• May look to move Foster
    • Wanted a double utd defence but can't fit pogba/ibra in then
    • No premium mid like Sanchez/Hazard for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Good team but it adds up to 100.5 million.

It adds to 100 ?

Strange....I had a similar team but your players now add up to 100.5. Have any prices risen so far?

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Strange....I had a similar team but your players now add up to 100.5. Have any prices risen so far?

I think you're miscounting the spare keeper or defender @ 4.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

steve_r wrote: »
    http://www.football365.com/news/pre-season-results-top-scorers-and-standout-players

My team:
    DeGea/Foster
    Ibra/Kun/Gray

No need for Foster if you have DeGea (or vice versa tbh).

Not sure I'd double on any defence, but I'm also not sure Pogba is a good buy either..hes hardly going to start at the weekend with no pre-season.

Think I'd downgrade a keeper and possibly Mane and upgrade Pogba to Hazard or Mahrez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

My team:
    DeGea/Foster
    Ibra/Kun/Gray

I would downgrade Foster to Jakupovic since you're going to be playing De Gea the whole time. Pogba probably won't start against Bournemouth as he has hardly kicked a ball since the Euros and isn't going to chip in with loads of goals and assists anyway. Jordi Amat seems to be the best 4m defender, change Lenihan to him. I would also downgrade Terry and upgrade Brad Smith to a 4.5 like Friend. Firmino is the best Liverpool attacking option imo, switch Mane to him. Rest of the team looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

currently looking like this ...

Mandanda / Jakupovic

Valencia / Pieters / Amat / Francis / Byram

Arnie / Haz / Firmino / Tadic / Ibe

Ibra / Kun / Grabban

Looking at a 3-5-2. Might take Hazard out to fund a better 5th MF than Ibe, though I do fancy him (Ibe, that is).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Mandana / Foster

Valencia / Walker / Stones / Kone / Amat

Firminho / Eriksen / Ayew / Redmond / Gray

Aguero / Ibra / Carroll

any thoughts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Am looking to break the template a bit :

VZ7HnIb.jpg

GK : Template

Def: Close to Template

Mid: Before this season, would you ever think you could put Sanchez, Hazard and Aguero in the same side and not have it completely unbalanced ?

Sanchez: Looks like he's playing from the off and is on the back of serious form. He's not been widely mentioned on the forum and I'm worried that we're going down the road of group think. I realise Arsenal fixtures aren't fantastic but has this ever stopped an in form Sanchez in the past ?

Att : I've had Ibra in every draft along with Aguero since day 1. The charity shield shows us that he's a serious operator and only needs the sniff of a chance. Is he that much better than transferring in/out the 7.5 downwards options with best form/fixtures ?

There are some serious players in this category. Wilson, Carrol, Gray, Benteke (Crystal Palace looks a cert after Bolasie)to mention but a few.

What are your thoughts ?

Nice looking team and not too different from my own. The only thing I'd say about having both Gray and Benteke - makes it just a little bit harder if you then decide you then want to transfer in a 2nd premium striker. 2 transfers, most likely involving downgrading either Sanchez or Haz, would be needed. Aguero/Kane/Vardy/Ibra - it's hard to look past these 4 guys as being the top 4 point scoring forwards, so there's definitely an argument for starting off with 2 of them to give you that added flexibility. I think in midfield there's alot more options with the ability to score very well - and many of them are alot cheaper than Sanchez. I can see the temptation in Sanchez, and Benteke certainly has a decent PL scoring record, but my gut tells me having 2 of the big boys up front will be the way to go.

manual_man wrote: »
    Nice looking team and not too different from my own. The only thing I'd say about having both Gray and Benteke - makes it just a little bit harder if you then decide you then want to transfer in a 2nd premium striker. 2 transfers, most likely involving downgrading either Sanchez or Haz, would be needed. Aguero/Kane/Vardy/Ibra - it's hard to look past these 4 guys as being the top 4 point scoring forwards, so there's definitely an argument for starting off with 2 of them to give you that added flexibility. I think in midfield there's alot more options with the ability to score very well - and many of them are alot cheaper than Sanchez. I can see the temptation in Sanchez, and Benteke certainly has a decent PL scoring record, but my gut tells me having 2 of the big boys up front will be the way to go.

Fair Points. The 2 players I have behind the transferred in Benteke and Firmino are Vardy and Redmond which would allow more flexibility in the forwards like you say, it's tough choices all round ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hello lads, after a massive break from all things FPL, I put together an initial draft last night. It seems a lot of people's choices are coming down to whether they feel Leicester will hockey Hull and push on from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Ok... So I think this may be the team I'm going with for GW1

What ya think?

9scbcp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

yes, those make sense, Foster to Jano, and Lenihan to Amat.

Mane has had a good pre-season tho, Firmino is the better player but I do think Mane will outscore him, at least at the start.

I'm really torn on the midfield. Burnt by Hazard too much last season and can't see Conte's chelsea creating much (but expecting them to be deadly defensivly). Mahrez will be a marked man this year. Hence the gamble on Pogba.

Why is no-one picking Payet btw? No preseason? Hardly the fitest of players at the best of times but that won't affect him on set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

I picked Stones as i think his price will rise plus i can see him as a starter.
    Aywe i have a ? over will he start i did replace him with Siggy but switched back .
    Forward line seems to be the best i can pick for now .

Any help with this pick would be greatly apprciated as i had a bad start last season and just didnt recover.

2yuiy9x.png

Agreed, cannot understand the lack of Payet love....I think he's going to run amok this season.

Be warned, though. I did post this at the same time last season....

I'm seriously contemplating sticking the armband on Hazard in gw1, and leaving it on him for the season, barring injury.

This team should be very close to what I start the season with:

Foster Jakupovic
    Shaw Stones Friend Koné Amat
    Firmino Hazard Tadic Townsend Capoue
    Ibra Aguero Gray

I thought Amat was likely to start but all I'm seeing in predicted lineups is van der Hoorn starting so may opt for Brad Smith instead. Hopefully Amat starts though, as Swansea's fixtures are decent. I was adamant on Mkhitaryan until doubts about his starting prospects came into play so went with Ibra instead. Stones is great value I think and should start.

Thoughts folks?

Agreed, cannot understand the lack of Payet love....I think he's going to run amok this season.

Payet absolutely on my radar - though i'm more thinking GW4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

manual_man wrote: »
    Payet absolutely on my radar - though i'm more thinking GW4

Cannot be part of anyone's GW1 plans as he hasnt done much preseason. Must be in any wildcard team though and at 9.5 is priced well imo.

dahat wrote: »
    Cannot be part of anyone's GW1 plans as he hasnt done much preseason. Must be in any wildcard team though and at 9.5 is priced well imo.

Payet/Ayew double-up ;)

Payew ;)

Fairly settled on this now. Will be wildcarding early.

Foster / Jakupovic
    Seems to be the Boards template.

Shaw / Stones / Kone / Friend / Amat
    Might swap Shaw for Valenica yet, but I'll be happy enough with either. Stones is a bargain at that price if he starts, which I think he will. Kone is only there on the assumption he moves to Everton, but there are plenty of other 4.5 options if not. I know nothing about Friend, but everyone else has him, so I'm hopping aboard the bandwagon as well. Amat was originally just a placeholder, but it looks like he might actually start now.

Redmond / Lamela / Sanchez / Hazard / Capoue
    Redmond is a bit of a punt, but I think he'll do well at Southampton. Surprised Lamela isn't in more teams. Great Copa America and pre-season form, so should start well. I can't ever see myself picking a team without Alexis in it, and I think Hazard is likely to explode out of the blocks this season. Capoue is filler, but should get some gametime.

Gray / Vardy / Aguero
    Hopping on the bandwagon with Gray as well. I think Leicester attacking cover is almost essential for their opening few games, so Vardy it is. Aguero is Aguero.

No Zlatan. I can't justify weakening the rest of the team enough to get him in. Can't really justify not having him either mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

My current draft is

Heaton

Amat, Evans, Wasiliski

Ayew, Lamela, Sanchez, Firmino, Oscar

Aguero, Ibrahimovic

Jakupovic, Friend, Diomande, Friend

Cheap on defence and bench fodder and all out on mids and attack. Feel rotation will hurt in long run but plan to WC after GW3 when transfers completed and teams are a bit settled

Why is no-one picking Payet btw? No preseason? Hardly the fitest of players at the best of times but that won't affect him on set pieces.

Payet hasn't had any pre-season, and West Ham are away to both Chelsea and Man City in their opening games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

• Advertisement

threein99 wrote: »

Don't like it, sorry. Aguero is a must-have. De Bruyne is a doubt to start at the weekend due to lack of match fitness and even if he does start, will likely only get 60-65 minutes. My advice would be to get Aguero and keep Gray, Hazard and Shaw plus your keepers and start from there.

Don't like it, sorry. Aguero is a must-have. De Bruyne is a doubt to start at the weekend due to lack of match fitness and even if he does start, will likely only get 60-65 minutes. My advice would be to get Aguero and keep Gray, Hazard and Shaw plus your keepers and start from there.

I agree with you on De Bruyne, but they are at home to Sunderland so you would fancy them to destroy them within the first hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

tailgunner wrote: »
    Fairly settled on this now. Will be wildcarding early.

Foster / Jakupovic
    Seems to be the Boards template.

Shaw / Stones / Kone / Friend / Amat
    Might swap Shaw for Valenica yet, but I'll be happy enough with either. Stones is a bargain at that price if he starts, which I think he will. Kone is only there on the assumption he moves to Everton, but there are plenty of other 4.5 options if not. I know nothing about Friend, but everyone else has him, so I'm hopping aboard the bandwagon as well. Amat was originally just a placeholder, but it looks like he might actually start now.

Redmond / Lamela / Sanchez / Hazard / Capoue
    Redmond is a bit of a punt, but I think he'll do well at Southampton. Surprised Lamela isn't in more teams. Great Copa America and pre-season form, so should start well. I can't ever see myself picking a team without Alexis in it, and I think Hazard is likely to explode out of the blocks this season. Capoue is filler, but should get some gametime.

Gray / Vardy / Aguero
    Hopping on the bandwagon with Gray as well. I think Leicester attacking cover is almost essential for their opening few games, so Vardy it is. Aguero is Aguero.

No Zlatan. I can't justify weakening the rest of the team enough to get him in. Can't really justify not having him either mind...

I have a VERY similar team to you. Redmond & Sanchez >> Mahrez & Tadic.

Let's hope the rest of your players start off well ;)

I agree with you on De Bruyne, but they are at home to Sunderland so you would fancy them to destroy them within the first hour.

Quite possibly but I think there's more value in someone like Firmino who does well against the big teams and could be playing as a false nine.

Citeh should destroy Sunderland but I read here from a City fan that KDB won't start the weekend. Will look to WC him in but for GW1 I'm steering clear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

threein99 wrote:

That's why you need Aguero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

dahat wrote: »
    Foster & Jak

Friend, Kone, Valencia, Evans, Smith

Lamela, Hazard, Routledge, Tadic

Vardy, Ibra, Aguero

Looks pretty strong to me with a gw3 my plan atm. Easy downgrade Vardy and upgrade Lamela if needed.

Who's your 5th mid??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Invincible wrote: »
    Who's your 5th mid??

Barry at 4.5, didnt look beyond him really, i may look at others before deadline.

hogey143 wrote: »
    Citeh should destroy Sunderland but I read here from a City fan that KDB won't start the weekend. Will look to WC him in but for GW1 I'm steering clear.

I have got him in now
    Quite possibly but I think there's more value in someone like Firmino who does well against the big teams and could be playing as a false nine.

I like to keep a scouse free team where possible :)

spock. wrote: »
    That's why you need Aguero!

https://gyazo.com/818fb09cb0c445efa4a2d60217e01cc8

Version 123

I like to keep a scouse free team where possible :)

Then you're doing it all wrong. Team bias has no place in FPL.

Then you're doing it all wrong. Team bias has no place in FPL.

I had to break that rule for Suarez a couple of years back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

This is what im going with, opinions?

b48fe30588.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This is draft number 7438627528484219 but seen as I started to pay money into leagues today what are people's thoughts on this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

MrMac84 wrote: »
    This is draft number 7438627528484219 but seen as I started to pay money into leagues today what are people's thoughts on this

I wouldnt be leaving Firmino on the bench for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

This is what im going with, opinions?

b48fe30588.png

Wouldn't go with 2 4m defenders, asking for trouble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm going mad

I was pretty happy with my last team selection 2 weeks ago but with new players added etc and the deadline looming i've made a balls of things today i think.

Just set up the work pay league too and it's stressing me out. top prize should be around €500 and i want to win!:pac::D

Anyway latest team if anyone cares to tear it apart!

5eHheJQ.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

what you think folk?

evans in the team on the basis he might go to aresnal.

will De Bruyne start on saturday?

I'm going mad

I was pretty happy with my last team selection 2 weeks ago but with new players added etc and the deadline looming i've made a balls of things today i think.

Just set up the work pay league too and it's stressing me out. top prize should be around €500 and i want to win!:pac::D

5eHheJQ.png

I think either Pogba or Ayew (possibly both) won't start this week. Better options than Pogba at that price, or cheaper, too.

I think the rest is fine (I would go Vardy or Kane over Ibrahimovic personally, but I'm in the minority of one on that one around here!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I wouldnt be leaving Firmino on the bench for a start

Is he nailed on to start?

Any other opinions welcome lads!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

My team for now is:

Schmeichel

Shaw Terry Friend

Ramsey Hazard (vc) Silva Redmond

Long Aguero (c) Gray

Subs: Jakupovic, Townsend, Evans, Smith.

Have 1.5m left. Will probably wild card as usual after 3 weeks during the International games at start of September.

Would like to upgrade Long, but not easy find someone in that price range that might do as well. Southampton have 2 nice home games v Watford & Sunderland in 1st 3 weeks.

Any opinions/ideas to how to improve that squad would be very welcome.

but1er wrote: »
    what you think folk?

evans in the team on the basis he might go to aresnal.

will De Bruyne start on saturday?

Your defence probably has one (possibly 2) too many 5m+ defenders, which is killing your midfield. Kante is a waste as he's too expensive for bench fodder and won't score enough to be a 4th mid.

DeBruyne is a serious doubt for the weekend, you might hear more on Friday. Pogba surely won't start either and I'm not sold on him as a great FF asset, there are better at his price currently.

The nicest thing I could say about your Rooney pick us that it's different!!

Other than that it's fine.

I'm going mad

5eHheJQ.png

Good team but would change Pogba to Eriksen or Tadic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Benimar wrote: »
    Your defence probably has one (possibly 2) too many 5m+ defenders, which is killing your midfield. Kante is a waste as he's too expensive for bench fodder and won't score enough to be a 4th mid.

DeBruyne is a serious doubt for the weekend, you might hear more on Friday. Pogba surely won't start either and I'm not sold on him as a great FF asset, there are better at his price currently.

The nicest thing I could say about your Rooney pick us that it's different!!

Other than that it's fine.

thanks for the advice... rooney captain playing week in week out, lets see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Stevecw wrote: »
    My team for now is:

Schmeichel

Shaw Terry Friend

Long Aguero (c) Gray

Have 1.5m left. Will probably wild card as usual after 3 weeks during the International games at start of September.

Would like to upgrade Long, but not easy find someone in that price range that might do as well. Southampton have 2 nice home games v Watford & Sunderland in 1st 3 weeks.

Quite like the look of it overall but personally I wouldn't pick Ramsey. As you said yourself WC after GW3 and Arsenal have Liverpool and Leicester opening two games. If Ramsey hits a bit of form might be better to bring him in then. Could switch him for Tadic and gain an extra .5 (plus Southampton have good opening fixtures) means you can start looking at where an extra 2 million benefits most.

• Advertisement

Stevecw wrote: »
    My team for now is:

Schmeichel

Shaw Terry Friend

Long Aguero (c) Gray

I like that you've gone for Silva, bit of a differential only 5% gone for him. If KDB is missing for GW1, he could do v well.

Advertisement