Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

loadwire wrote: »
    currently looking like this ...

Mandanda / Jakupovic

Valencia / Pieters / Amat / Francis / Byram

Arnie / Haz / Firmino / Tadic / Ibe

Ibra / Kun / Grabban

Looking at a 3-5-2. Might take Hazard out to fund a better 5th MF than Ibe, though I do fancy him (Ibe, that is).

Diomande, who I picked, will get a game for Hull I think so is a better pick than Grabban imo.
    Byram picks up a lot of yellows bur WH will score goals.
    Arnie is on the wait and see list for me as are a few of his teammates. Has he had a short pre-season?
    Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Lads any advice of a team with first 3 weeks before using wildcard

Heaton

Shaw----Stones---Funes More

Ayew----G.Ramirez---Hazard
    Tadic

Aguero----Musa
    Batshuai

Subs:
    Mannone, Lamela, Evans, Amat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Latest version (based on an early WC):

Foster, Jakupovic
    Shaw, Stones, Friend, Kone (or Souare or Targett based on team news), Amat
    Hazard, Firmino, Tadic, Lamela, Fischer
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

My other option is to downgrade Fischer to Capoue and keep the 1m in case I need to upgrade Vardy to Kane in GW2 to give me a captaincy option.

Do your worst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

JeffCash wrote: »
    Quite like the look of it overall but personally I wouldn't pick Ramsey. As you said yourself WC after GW3 and Arsenal have Liverpool and Leicester opening two games. If Ramsey hits a bit of form might be better to bring him in then. Could switch him for Tadic and gain an extra .5 (plus Southampton have good opening fixtures) means you can start looking at where an extra 2 million benefits most.

I already have Redmond & Long from Southampton. Don't want to put too much faith in them by adding a 3rd in case it goes a bit wrong with the new manager.
    I am a Liverpool fan, but feel we will concede on Sunday and can see Ramsey doing some damage. Since I posted that team I brought Stones in for Smith & started him ahead of Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Latest draft:

Foster (Jakupovic)
    Stones Terry Shaw (Friend, McAuley)
    Hazard Siggy Firmino Deulofeu (Lamela)
    Aguero Long Gray

Pretty happy with it but I'm already having to deal with a strong front 8. Have 0.5 in the bank and am tempted to punt on Cazorla or Walcott instead of Lamela. I would have ignored all Tottenham players only for their easy first handful of games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Where's the Friend love stemming from? Defo a starter? Cheap price? All of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Lads any advice of a team with first 3 weeks before using wildcard

Heaton

Shaw----Stones---Funes More

Ayew----G.Ramirez---Hazard
    Tadic

Aguero----Musa
    Batshuai

Subs:
    Mannone, Lamela, Evans, Amat

There's talk of Costa expecting to be back in the starting 11 for Chelsea. Not sure I'd take a risk on two rotation-potential strikers. If you're planning on a GW3 wildcard, I'd see how the two of them get along and make a decision for the wildcard. Really like the look of Musa but Leicester have three players fighting for the one spot. Ashley Williams for Funes Mori as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where's the Friend love stemming from? Defo a starter? Cheap price? All of the above?

All of the above, plus M'boro have nice opening fixtures. He is an attacking left back so that added to them getting promoted thanks to conceding very little makes him look a bargain. I see even in pre season they had 2 0-0 draws to round things off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MrMac84 wrote: »

Nailed on 4.5 defender in a solid defensive team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Why not start Lamela?

Also, starting one as yet unproven striker is risky but two is very risky.

• Advertisement

Nailed on 4.5 defender in a solid defensive team.

Stevecw wrote: »
    All of the above, plus M'boro have nice opening fixtures. He is an attacking left back so that added to them getting promoted thanks to conceding very little makes him look a bargain. I see even in pre season they had 2 0-0 draws to round things off!

Sold so lads... Simpson to make way. 2 million in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

There's talk of Costa expecting to be back in the starting 11 for Chelsea. Not sure I'd take a risk on two rotation-potential strikers. If you're planning on a GW3 wildcard, I'd see how the two of them get along and make a decision for the wildcard. Really like the look of Musa but Leicester have three players fighting for the one spot. Ashley Williams for Funes Mori as well?

Gray and Vardy in for Butyuashi and Musa.

Think Fuenes Mori is more likely to start the weekend than Willams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Good team but it adds up to 100.5 million.

They gave me an extra £0.5m for being such a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Right lads, I'm starting tonight, first draft

Jaku/Foster

Stones/Shaw/Baines/Friend/Smith

Tadic/Hazard/Lamela/Kante/Andros

Aguero/Ibra/Gray

What have I done wrong? Not sure about the outlay on Hazard yet, I could improve by knocking a million off his price.

Jaku/Foster

Aguero/Ibra/Gray

What have I done wrong? Not sure about the outlay on Hazard yet, I could improve by knocking a million off his price.

Downgrade Kanté to a 4.5 mid, he won't get many points this season and is too expensive for a fifth mid. I'd also downgrade Baines to Funes Mori seeing as Baines is off penalties now it seems. With the extra money I'd upgrade Lamela. The rest looks good.

Jaku/Foster

Aguero/Ibra/Gray

I wouldn't bother with Kante... Holding / DCM isn't likely to pick up too many points

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Jaku/Foster

Aguero/Ibra/Gray

Kante. Save yourself 1million by using a bench fodder.

Like Baines & Stones myself but I've decided to hold off due to combo of fixtures & wait & see. Gone budget here, Amat & Paredes

Upgraded Andros then.

I've the same team then for the rest with only contemplation Carroll over Gray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Jaku/Foster

Aguero/Ibra/Gray

12/15 of my team PvA, Evans and Leko my other 3 but likely to change depending on the transfer market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Right have this squad so far

Courtoius Mandanda

Shaw, Brad Smith, Baines, Paredes, Van Aanholt

Ayew, Fabregas, Hazard, Barkley, Townsend

Aguero, Negredo, Benteke (if he goes to Palace)

What do ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Latest draft:

Foster (Jakupovic)
    Stones Terry Shaw (Friend, McAuley)
    Hazard Siggy Firmino Deulofeu (Lamela)
    Aguero Long Gray

Pretty happy with it but I'm already having to deal with a strong front 8. Have 0.5 in the bank and am tempted to punt on Cazorla or Walcott instead of Lamela. I would have ignored all Tottenham players only for their easy first handful of games.

Downgrade Terry (say) and add to kitty?

• Advertisement

12/15 of my team PvA, Evans and Leko my other 3 but likely to change depending on the transfer market

Cheers lads, it's true what ye say about Kante, I'm half hoping he'll be a three pointer rather than two to justify the .5, who are the best choice for 4.5 replacements, I never go with non players barring the occasional 5th defender.

Right have this squad so far

Courtoius Mandanda

Shaw, Brad Smith, Baines, Paredes, Van Aanholt

Ayew, Fabregas, Hazard, Barkley, Townsend

Aguero, Negredo, Benteke (if he goes to Palace)

What do ye think

GK - if going premium your othe GK should be budget playing (I.e Jaku)

Def - Solid. Brad Smith risk, but if wait & see. Go with Amat for now

Mid - Ayew question marks where he wil play & even if he will. The others are solid FPL players

Fwd - Benteke is a gamble (leaving you with 3 attackers in 1 game)

Cheers lads, it's true what ye say about Kante, I'm half hoping he'll be a three pointer rather than two to justify the .5, who are the best choice for 4.5 replacements, I never go with non players barring the occasional 5th defender.

Capoue looks a good choice and could be playing further forward in Mazzarri's system. Also Kirchhoff will start for Sunderland and is low owned so unlikely to drop in price for the first 4 or 5 gameweeks at least I'd say. If Leko was guaranteed to start I'd go for him but he's not unfortunately. Darren Fletcher is very highly owned so is likely to drop in price in the first few gameweeks barring him scoring or assisting which is unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'm going with Hojbjerg. Cost 12m from Bayern and has been playing pre-season

steve_r wrote: »
    I'm going with Hojbjerg. Cost 12m from Bayern and has been playing pre-season

Faces competition from Romeu though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Marney 4.5 will start for Burnley unless they sign a cm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm getting further away from my team I think:

4-3-3

DDG, (Jaku)
    Coleman, Valencia, Stones, Evans, (Amat)
    Sanchez, Pedro, Firmino, (Fer), (Fletcher)
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

My bench is quite weak but at least I've 2-3 that should start.

Pedro most likely to go to a safer 7.5m mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

ah yeah but for 4.5 you can't have everything!

PARlance wrote: »

4-3-3

DDG, (Jaku)
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

I'd love to get Pedro but don't think he is going to start. Sanchez is a nice differential around these parts that I'm very happy to be on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'd love to get Pedro but don't think he is going to start. Sanchez is a nice differential around these parts that I'm very happy to be on.

I just put Pedro in to get you to bite :)

While I love the idea of Sanchez as a differential, I'm finding it very hard to get him, Kun and Ibra in. Have you managed to fit in all three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Capoue looks a good choice and could be playing further forward in Mazzarri's system. Also Kirchhoff will start for Sunderland and is low owned so unlikely to drop in price for the first 4 or 5 gameweeks at least I'd say. If Leko was guaranteed to start I'd go for him but he's not unfortunately. Darren Fletcher is very highly owned so is likely to drop in price in the first few gameweeks barring him scoring or assisting which is unlikely.

Don't get the big fear of Fletcher dropping. He'll play 90 and get 2 to 3 points which is what people have him for.

In the first 2 to 3 weeks it will be nobody's priority for a FT to change their 5th mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Chesty08 wrote: »
    GK - if going premium your othe GK should be budget playing (I.e Jaku)

Def - Solid. Brad Smith risk, but if wait & see. Go with Amat for now

Mid - Ayew question marks where he wil play & even if he will. The others are solid FPL players

Fwd - Benteke is a gamble (leaving you with 3 attackers in 1 game)

Yeah may change Mandanda, after paying 20m for him, I'm pretty sure Ayew will play, can change Benteke but if he goes to Palace, I'm fairly confident he'll score goals there, which will no doubt include a hat trick against Liverpool to :(

4-3-3

DDG, (Jaku)
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

Switch Fer to Routledge, been promising in pre-season and the best of the 5m mids by a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Azza89

Looking for a bit of advice on my team please.

Rip apart as appropriate.

De Gea/(Jakupovic)

Bellerin/Fuchs/Coleman/Stones(Parades)

Mahrez/Payet/Dier/Cabaye(Flecther)

Aguero/Zlatan/(Grabban)

Cheers in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Benimar wrote: »
    I think either Pogba or Ayew (possibly both) won't start this week. Better options than Pogba at that price, or cheaper, too.

I think the rest is fine (I would go Vardy or Kane over Ibrahimovic personally, but I'm in the minority of one on that one around here!)

Cheers! I actually had Vardy and Mickytarian as i've chosen to call him in place earlier. Maybe i'll switch back! Have a feeling a top form Ibra will turn up for the first few games though then possibly die off with the pace after a while

• Advertisement

I just put Pedro in to get you to bite :)

While I love the idea of Sanchez as a differential, I'm finding it very hard to get him, Kun and Ibra in. Have you managed to fit in all three?
    Ha ha I'm predictable if nothing else.
    I haven't got Ibra yet . Aguero and Sanchez will not be making way if I do try and fit him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Here's where I'm at, could do with some feedback...

Heaton (jakupovic)
    Shaw Williams Evans (Friend Parades)
    Alli Firmino Ayew Tadic (Capoue)
    Aguero Ibra Gray

.5m itb

Still have a lot of players in mind, so may be wholesale changes yet by Saturday morning.

Feel's strange not having Mahrez or Vardy starting, especially given the first few fixtures and Mahrez practically a mainstay in my team last season. But they have a Kante size hole in midfield and while he's not a good fpl player, he was vital last season on starting Leicester counter attacks, have a feeling both Mahrez and Vardy could suffer a bit this year without him.

Would definitely have Kone in at 4.5m if his transfer had gone through, but at the moment will probably pick one from Evans or Souare.

Midfield, still giving thought to Hazard, possibly because he seems to be in so many teams on here, but will probably wait a couple of weeks, aiming to wildcard gw3 or 4 so could bring him in then if he starts well.
    Ayew seems to be my main gamble, think he'll do well this season but tough opening fixtures and only after moving this week, it's possible he may not start this weekend, so still not 100% decided.

Up front the main decision is about Ibra. At the moment thinking I'd prefer start with him, just in case he gets off to a flier, but Kane, Vardy are possible options.

Any advice?

FHFC wrote: »
    Don't get the big fear of Fletcher dropping. He'll play 90 and get 2 to 3 points which is what people have him for.

In the first 2 to 3 weeks it will be nobody's priority for a FT to change their 5th mid.

Last year the highest owned 4.5 mid, Wanyama, dropped before GW5 so yeah Fletch will probably drop around then I'd say.

Azza89 wrote: »
    Looking for a bit of advice on my team please.

Rip apart as appropriate.

De Gea/(Jakupovic)

Bellerin/Fuchs/Coleman/Stones(Parades)

Mahrez/Payet/Dier/Cabaye(Flecther)

Aguero/Zlatan/(Grabban)

Cheers in advance

Why are you spending so much on defence? Also Dier is a bad pick as he's a midfielder this season and only gets 1 point for a clean sheet as opposed to 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Last year the highest owned 4.5 mid, Wanyama, dropped before GW5 so yeah Fletch will probably drop around then I'd say.

Wanyama lost his place for a game or 2 around GW4.

Fletcher won't drop.

• Advertisement

Marney 4.5 will start for Burnley unless they sign a cm.

That's just wonderful to hear, Marney was an ever present 2 point maestro in my team a few years ago, don't think he ever got a run out though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Think i'm done

Foster

Valencia
    Morgan
    Stones

Hazard
    Mahrez
    Eriksen
    Feghouli

Vardy
    Gray
    Aguero

That's just wonderful to hear, Marney was an ever present 2 point maestro in my team a few years ago, don't think he ever got a run out though :pac:

He is good to go starting off but a fair chance he will lose his place if they sign a midfielder. They have been linked with Jeff Hendrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

This is what I have at the moment. Opinions welcome
    image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

And did I see he made the most tackles in the Bundesliga last season? If so he might be a bit of card magnet?

image.png

It's the team doing the round give or take 1 or 2

And did I see he made the most tackles in the Bundesliga last season? If so he might be a bit of card magnet?

He picks up his fair share of cards alright. Booked 21 times and sent off once in 115 career games according to Transfermarkt.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DipClub

I've been playing around with my team for the last few days and think this might close to my final choice, could anyone give me some feedback if i need to make a few last minute changes?

De Gea (Jakupovic)

Walker Morgan Targett (Evans) (Paredes)

Arnautovic Eriksen Willian Firmino (Kouyate)

Aguero Long Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

image.png

I have almost the exact same team. Ayew instead of Townsend. I like playing 3 at the back so I usually have my 5th defender as a 4.0 to free up the cash to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Comments /improvements.

• Advertisement
Advertisement