Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Comments /improvements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I have almost the exact same team. Ayew instead of Townsend. I like playing 3 at the back so I usually have my 5th defender as a 4.0 to free up the cash to go elsewhere.

If I knew of a guaranteed 4.0 starter I would certainly have them in there. It's way too risky having a player who is not looking like he will ever start. It bites you in the bum in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

bodking wrote: »
    Comments /improvements.

Your defence is too expensive. Well worth having a read through the thread.
    All seven have cost 32M for some managers. 3-4-3 formation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I hate to be that guy and it's not aimed at anyone in particular, but can people please provide some insight into their team when asking for feedback?

I know it can take a bit of time and the likes of Aguero and Ibrahimovic etc don't need paragraphs written on them, but it will end up helping you in the long run as if you can say "I'm going with player X for reason Y" or "this is my strategy", then it's much easier to offer comment than on just 15 players listed on a page with no idea offered into why they were selected.

I'm more than happy to return the favour and provide feedback on teams (as others have very kindly done for me), but it's very hard to provide any relevant analysis when there's no reasoning behind selections IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Latest draft before I go to sleep:

Valdes, Foster...spending the extra 0.5m to have 2 keepers with decent fixtures in opening weeks as opposed to 4.0m options.

Stones, Shaw, Baines (Evans, Amat)....went off the idea of Terry and Chelsea defensively. Conte may be a defensive manager, but so was Mourinho and they were a shambles. Not much has changed personnel wise, except maybe Kante. Baines in a rejuvenated Everton side gets the nod. Evans there for the moment. Might have to reassess if he gets a move to Arsenal (game time concerns).

Oscar, Sigurdsson, Redmond, Mahrez (Watmore)...Saving cash going Oscar over Hazard. When he is on form, he is always good for goals/assists and I believe is on penos. Siggy, first 2 games irresistible. Mahrez - want Leicester attacking coverage. Redmond could be very good value and Soton have a nice start.

Aguero, Ibra, Gray. Standard.

I think my big call at the moment is my Chelsea/Leicster attacking options. I'm pretty much between:

A) Hazard & Albrighton/Demarai Gray

or

B) Oscar and Mahrez.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where's the Friend love stemming from? Defo a starter? Cheap price? All of the above?

Only a matter of time before we're all in the Friend zone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Paully D wrote: »
    I hate to be that guy and it's not aimed at anyone in particular, but can people please provide some insight into their team when asking for feedback?

I know it can take a bit of time and the likes of Aguero and Ibrahimovic etc don't need paragraphs written on them, but it will end up helping you in the long run as if you can say "I'm going with player X for reason Y" or "this is my strategy", then it's much easier to offer comment than on just 15 players listed on a page with no idea offered into why they were selected.

I'm more than happy to return the favour and provide feedback on teams (as others have very kindly done for me), but it's very hard to provide any relevant analysis when there's no reasoning behind selections IMO.

That's a fair point. Personally I always look to spend as little as possible on GKs as I don't see value in expensive ones, I went with manadanda over foster as I already have a WB defender.
    Defence I like to have 1 or 2 good value players for big teams with a decent attacking threat (hence Shaw and Walker). From the others I will generally only pick 1 but would like guaranteed 4.5m defenders ideally with a bit of an attacking threat.

Midfield I was considering Mikhytarian (sp?) as my big hitter but it looks like he is not guaranteed to start so I chose to include Ibra up front instead and have Hazard as a big hitter coupled with some value mid ranged midfielders at good value prices with decent early fixtures. Fletcher is my sub for the year as he always plays.

Up front I went with Gray to partner the big 2 (Aguero and Ibra) but would be willing to look elsewhere if there was a good argument for a <7m striker.
    I'll generally play 3-4-3. I am looking at having 15 guaranteed starters but will be happy to do an early wildcard if the team is not performing.
    image.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

DipClub wrote: »
    I've been playing around with my team for the last few days and think this might close to my final choice, could anyone give me some feedback if i need to make a few last minute changes?

De Gea (Jakupovic)

Walker Morgan Targett (Evans) (Paredes)

Arnautovic Eriksen Willian Firmino (Kouyate)

Aguero Long Vardy

I'd have another look at that defence. I do not believe Leicester will be as good defensively without Kante and you can get Stones or Williams for the price of Morgan. Man Utd options seem preferrable than Spurs (Walker) now that Mourinho is at the helm. Targett unlikely to start, same with Paredes.

Also, I think there are many better midfield options than Arnautovic at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icemanjimbo04

fpLLle.png

After many hours of tinkering heres where i'm at..

Would imaging i'd be going 343 most weeks
    but for gw1 433 looks the better option.

Was thinking about mane in for silva but fixtures not
    Great to start with and City look to have a handy enough start..

Any thoughts?

Edit- wow thats small.. &#55357;&#56836;&#55357;&#56836;&#55357;&#56836;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Here is a larger image. ^ :)

fpLLle.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

mectavba wrote:
    A) Hazard & Albrighton/Demarai Gray

mectavba wrote:
    or

mectavba wrote:
    B) Oscar and Mahrez.

mectavba wrote:
    Thoughts?

Oscar and Mahrez should get more points I reckon, think Oscar is on penos for Chelsea as well. I just dont see Hazard lighting it up all of a sudden but who knows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Throwing my hat at this malarkey until the Friday press conference/Sat morning team news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Throwing my hat at this malarkey until the Friday press conference/Sat morning team news.

Yup. Pointless till then.

All these 'final drafts' will be changed Friday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Yup. Pointless till then.

All these 'final drafts' will be changed Friday night.

Until the site goes down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DipClub

mectavba wrote: »
    I'd have another look at that defence. I do not believe Leicester will be as good defensively without Kante and you can get Stones or Williams for the price of Morgan. Man Utd options seem preferrable than Spurs (Walker) now that Mourinho is at the helm. Targett unlikely to start, same with Paredes.

Also, I think there are many better midfield options than Arnautovic at that price.

Good point about Arnautovic, I'll probably go with Barkley instead.

I've changed Eriksen (8.5) for Lamela (7) and used the difference to improve my defence, now its:

Walker/Evans/Morgan/Stones/Aké

United look good defensively but I want to steer away from having doubling up in defense since I already have De Gea. Im leaning towards giving Morgan a chance for the first few GWs but I might make a last minute change... decisions

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any thoughts on the following please.

3-4-3

GK: Foster, WBA, decent opening fixtures.

DEF: Still a work in progress, if Kone moves I may drop him as I doubt he will play GW1 at new club.
    Plan to rotate best 3 from 5...d'uh.

MID: Hazard and Routledge had decent pre-seasons.
    Sanchez is hopefully back in form.
    Hoping Deulofeu delivers.

STR: Aguero - no brainer. Ibra, fear of going without. Musa v Hull, gametime? Can replace with Gray/Carroll/Defoe...

28616442160_e304fc7dc1_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Thoughts on this? My 10th draft I'd say since it started.

DDG/Jaku
    Stones/Evans/Wolly/Friend/Smith
    Pogba/Payet/Lamela/Fab/Hojberg
    Aguero/Ibra/Gray

My only really worries are Smith starting and if Pogba will be there for the opener. If not, I could probably swap him out for Firmino or Tadic, who seems quite popular here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Settled on this:

Heaton/Jaku
    Stones/Valencia/Evans/Koné/Nsue
    Firmino/Hazard/Lamela/Redmond/Routledge
    Aguero/Vardy/Gray

1.5m Ibra-mergency fund. Think I'm well covered all round. Redmond/Routledge offer a nice little rotation (for the first 3 gameweeks anyway). After that we'll see

F1ngers wrote:
    STR: Aguero - no brainer. Ibra, fear of going without. Musa v Hull, gametime? Can replace with Gray/Carroll/Defoe...

I'd be inclined to go with Grey before Musa

My only really worries are Smith starting and if Pogba will be there for the opener. If not, I could probably swap him out for Firmino or Tadic, who seems quite popular here.

From what others have posted elsewhere Pogba won't start. He has had next to no preseason with Juve. Nowhere near match fit.

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote:
    Heaton/Jaku Stones/Valencia/Evans/Koné/Nsue Firmino/Hazard/Lamela/Redmond/Routledge Aguero/Vardy/Gray

I like your front eight. Well setup for the opening few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A lot of the defences and forwards are fairly similar. I'm seeing the biggest differences in midfield. And this is the area that I'm struggling to settle on. I don't really see any midfielder as essential, which is probably part of the problem.

As I'm fairly happy with my defence and forwards, that leaves me 32.5 for 4 midfielders (happy to go with a 4.5m bench fodder as 5th mid). At the minute I'm leaning towards 4 fairly evenly priced mids: Silva, Firminio, Tadic, Oscar/Cesc.

But I'd just as happily go with Hazard, Firminio, Siggy, Redmond/Spacecraft.

Do folk have a strategy (for example, 1 big hitter, 2 midpriced, 1 cheapie), that they are trying to slot players into, or are you simply trying to pick the best 4 players?

Think I'll just write out 10 different combos on pieces of paper, stick them on the wall and throw darts at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Just going to get stuck into this now - leaving it later this year. They have made it very interesting this year with prices. If four or five big hitters get going it is going to make selections interesting and there will be big decisions for managers.

So much change and uncertaintly this year - I don't recall it been like this last year. I think for starters I will go with players that have 'been there done that'. I will give the newbies some time to settle. I have got stung with putting newbies in from the off before

Two teams that are interesting me are Liverpool and Chelsea and from an attacking point of view. Don't fancy their defence. It may not have too much impact at the start but as we go on I think, with no european football we should see little rotation with Liverpool and Chelsea.

As a Liverpool fan, Mane, Firmino and Origi have been impressive in pre season. Expect Origi to have a big season, he suits Klopp more than Sturridge but would be a risky one from the start.

It was interesting listening to Pat Nevin on Newtalk last night about Chelsea. Has followed Conte and says he is not a defensive coach but when you have the defenders like Juve had what are you going to do - you have to base team on that! He has trialled been playing 4-2-4 in preseason. Like Origi, I think Batshuayi will be one to watch but similarily may take a few months. Hazard, Oscar and Costa at 9.5 really tempting me. Was talk of him leaving but looks like he is staying.

At the moment I will give the City and United new boys a week or two to settle in and see how they fit in. Stones is worth a go - has had a preseason so I think he will start. Benteke to Palace is one to watch - pity this didn't happen earlier in Summer but looks like it will go through today. Benteke didnt' get any minutes in Liverpools preseason

Sorry for my ramblings - first draft of many - would like to get spurs coverage if i can.

Foster/Heaton
    McAuley/Shaw/Stones/Friend/£4.0m
    Firmino/Oscar/Sánchez/Redmond/Fletcher
    Gray/Vardy/Agüero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

El festino wrote: »

Sorry for my ramblings - first draft of many - would like to get spurs coverage if i can.

Foster/Heaton
    McAuley/Shaw/Stones/Friend/£4.0m
    Firmino/Oscar/Sánchez/Redmond/Fletcher
    Gray/Vardy/Agüero

I like it with the exception of Sanchez and Oscar. I think Sanchez is too up and down for an 11m player and I'd be worried about Oscars playing time.

Hazard and Lamela, giving you Spurs coverage, instead?

We have the same strike force :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'd be inclined to go with Grey before Musa

Grey is a better option, wanted someone for Leicester v Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Even though a Spurs fan I am avoiding Kane after his euros dip and Alli for second season syndrome. Hope I'm wrong but I always wc early anyway.

Heaton (Foster)
    Williams, Stones, McAuley, Shaw (Paredes)
    Mkhi, Bojan, Fab, deBruyne (Fletcher)
    Ibra, Kun (c) (Jutkiewitcz)

Would Grabbon be a better bet than Jutkiewitcz. I only have 4.5m left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭LostArt

Any tips welcome lads, gone for Sanchez as a bit of differential and I'm debating taking out Mahrez for Firminho or Alli...

Heaton
    Valencia, Shaw, Stones, Friend
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Hazard
    Aguero, Gray, Long

4.0 Gk, Feghouli, Capoue, Evans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Think i may have found a way of getting the big three up top ...

Foster
    Stones Williams Shaw
    Firminho Ayew Lamela Redmond
    Aguero Vardy Ibrahimovic

Jauk - Smith - Amat - Capoue

If Kone joins everton could downgrade williams and give the bench a bit of a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Benimar wrote: »
    I like it with the exception of Sanchez and Oscar. I think Sanchez is too up and down for an 11m player and I'd be worried about Oscars playing time.

Hazard and Lamela, giving you Spurs coverage, instead?

We have the same strike force :)

Sanchez/Oscar is one that I am not sure about alright. Sanchez playing upfront against a Liverpool defence containing Lovren and Mignolet is tempting though ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

LostArt wrote: »
    Any tips welcome lads, gone for Sanchez as a bit of differential and I'm debating taking out Mahrez for Firminho or Alli...

Heaton
    Valencia, Shaw, Stones, Friend
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Hazard
    Aguero, Gray, Long

4.0 Gk, Feghouli, Capoue, Evans

Given Leicesters start I am surprised with the lack of love Mahrez is getting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Having a melt down here, KDB being injured has made me panic.

GK - Pickford & Mandanda
    DEF - Evans, Shaw, Kone, Wollscheid, Terry
    MID - Mahrez, Hazard, Townsend, Tadic, Siggy
    FWD - Gray, Aguero, Rhodes

Thoughts? Really f*cking wish KDB was 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I want this to just start now. Ive spent the last hour switching from hazard and carroll to costa and ayew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I want this to just start now. Ive spent the last hour switching from hazard and carroll to costa and ayew.

You going Hazard + Sanchez with the loss of Ibra?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »
    You going Hazard + Sanchez with the loss of Ibra?

ye thats the plan. Im a bit uncomfortable having no utd attacking coverage though I had mikhtyran until the charity shield. Once fit Ill always have sanchez in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I'd stay away from Costa for the first few weeks, hasn't had a great pre-season and Chelsea looked quite poor in pre-season also. He only scored 1 goal in Chelsea's first six games last year also, albeit it was an irregular season for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Having a melt down here, KDB being injured has made me panic.

GK - Pickford & Mandanda
    DEF - Evans, Shaw, Kone, Wollscheid, Terry
    MID - Mahrez, Hazard, Townsend, Tadic, Siggy
    FWD - Gray, Aguero, Rhodes

Thoughts? Really f*cking wish KDB was 100%

I'd try and get a bit more money into your forwards. What happens if Aguero and another premium striker starts firing on all cyclinders, say Vardy/Ibra/Kane. You'll find it very hard to get them into your team. A dilemma that is simply a nightmare at the start of the season. Maybe downgrade Townsend or Siggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

ye thats the plan. Im a bit uncomfortable having no utd attacking coverage though I had mikhtyran until the charity shield. Once fit Ill always have sanchez in my team.

Rooney at 9.0 did tempt me but fitting Hazard & Sanchez is very tricky for me as much as I'd like to.

Aguero, Kane and 6.5 allows me Sanchez, Hazard, Tadic and Routledge, not sold on that either.

My gut tells me Ramsey at 8.0 is a better bet for Arsenal so will try fit him in somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking I might try squeeze Ramsey in now too instead of Saints coverage as I can't decide between Redmond and Tadic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Thinking I might try squeeze Ramsey in now too instead of Saints coverage as I can't decide between Redmond and Tadic.

With all this talk ye may force the A.R.B. out of hiding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

A lot of the defences and forwards are fairly similar. I'm seeing the biggest differences in midfield. And this is the area that I'm struggling to settle on. I don't really see any midfielder as essential, which is probably part of the problem.

As I'm fairly happy with my defence and forwards, that leaves me 32.5 for 4 midfielders (happy to go with a 4.5m bench fodder as 5th mid). At the minute I'm leaning towards 4 fairly evenly priced mids: Silva, Firminio, Tadic, Oscar/Cesc.

But I'd just as happily go with Hazard, Firminio, Siggy, Redmond/Spacecraft.

Do folk have a strategy (for example, 1 big hitter, 2 midpriced, 1 cheapie), that they are trying to slot players into, or are you simply trying to pick the best 4 players?

Think I'll just write out 10 different combos on pieces of paper, stick them on the wall and throw darts at them!

For balance (with a 4.5M bench fodder) a big hitter is safer.
    Deciding on Ibra or not, and whether to leave money in the bank to get him (for Vardy say) is another option.
    Some teams without Ibra look so good that players are going strong Fr8.
    I'm finding it so tough to decide!! I currently have the 4.5M forward but it would not be the most popular strategy especially to begin with. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Rooney at 9.0 did tempt me but fitting Hazard & Sanchez is very tricky for me as much as I'd like to.

Aguero, Kane and 6.5 allows me Sanchez, Hazard, Tadic and Routledge, not sold on that either.

My gut tells me Ramsey at 8.0 is a better bet for Arsenal so will try fit him in somehow.

Exactly what I had up to last night, switched Sanchez and Routledge to Mane and Townsend now, hadn't considered Ramsey, has he played off the striker in pre-season? I'm not convinced I can go with Routledge as my 4th mid.

Dinnery on Sanchez......

@FPLHints @AnglesGrindley Sanchez has been fast tracked.... Will make the squad -- a start, uncertain at the moment

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭kellso81

394094.pngI changed strategy last year and spent a bit more for defenders from the top teams and found it worked so going the same this year. Top defenders will get >150 pts for under 6m but I feel uneasy as it goes against the general consensus. Think Sanchez will start up front for arsenal, although they have a tough start so I'm going for him over hazard/mahrez although I'm torn between swapping out siggy/vardy for hazard/ighalo? What do people think, I keep looking at it and am not happy but any changes I make i'm more unhappy with! Arrgghh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm having a rethink about Sanchez. His ownership is only 8%. Normally I would love a player like that to be a differential but it's too risky going without Ibra given his ownership.

I think I'll end up going with Ramsey & Ibra and leaving Sanchez until WC if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

any thoughts on this one - i've changed it around 20 times this morning alone....

394096.jpg

Stones and Valencia had a poor haul last season but Valencia looks like first choice RB for United and has been doing well in pre-season. Stones should have a better point total in a (I suspect) better performing City team this year than Everton last season. Downing was a late addition to the side as I had a point to spare and didn't know where to put it - had kightly as the 5th MF at 4.5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Give it to me straight fellas..blood, seat and tears has gone into this thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

FHFC wrote: »
    Dinnery on Sanchez......

@FPLHints @AnglesGrindley Sanchez has been fast tracked.... Will make the squad -- a start, uncertain at the moment

;)

That's enough for me. He can sit it out till WC.

PARlance wrote: »
    I'm having a rethink about Sanchez. His ownership is only 8%. Normally I would love a player like that to be a differential but it's too risky going without Ibra given his ownership.

I think I'll end up going with Ramsey & Ibra and leaving Sanchez until WC if needed.

He is very much niggling at me but fully agree with this reasoning. Play it safe early on.

Sanchez could play up front and get a brace. Or he could start on the bench and get a one pointer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Give it to me straight fellas..blood, seat and tears has gone into this thing

I like it if going for a solid midfield 5 and you're confident gray can break into the Leicester team. Other than that I'd try and find 0.5 to upgrade Smith. But it looks good and different from most other teams:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sanchez will almost certainly start imo, either up front or on the wing

• Advertisement
Advertisement