Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I want a blank ATM card.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    I want a blank ATM card.

How about a blank PVA card?

You can top up on goals and assists plus I do go deal on clean sheets but I need your Triple Captain chip to cover expenses. You can trust Mr.P :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    I want a blank ATM card.

That there is no ATM it cannot penerate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Thoughts please.

bd4851ed8c264755ab99ebd5039a29b1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

575f56ca7aa5526e0cb981a2b40bd4ff.png

Current Setup. I wonder how different it will be to my team Saturday morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

km79 wrote: »
    If he moves he will be in my team
    Ideal scenario would be both himself and mata moving
    Would be massive value both

I have Benteke in my team as I thought he would have moved by now. There is no chance of him starting this weekend will have to dip in for another I say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Solid team and you asking all the right questions. Trust you gut.
    I've Diomande instead of Grabban (my team bar a few tweeks is further backl).Stoke are a wait and see for me.
    Hi

So I have this currently

Foster
    Baines Stones Valencia
    Hazard Firmino Lamela Tadic
    Gray Vardy Aguero(c)

Pickford Kone Kinglsey Hojburg

GK
    Is Pickford the best 4.0m keeper? I guess it doesnt matter really
    Hull gut is in for a lot 'cos of long term injury to no1
    DF
    Am I spending .5m too much here. SHould I downgrade Baines or Valencia?
    Up to You but .5M itb is nice.
    Also what are peoples best 4.5m and 4.0m defenders?
    Plenty of picks in the last few pages.
    MF

Best 4.5m option?

FW

Im a litte worried about Gray tanking and taking a hit. Anybody looking at Negredo, Wilson or other 6.5m options?

What would you prefer

Shaqiri and Grabban and play 3-5-2
    or
    4.5m MF and 6.5m FW?

Thanks

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Change of plan Ive decided to go without hazard and get in Ibra. Latest draft is
    Foster
    stones mee friend
    townsend sanchez firmino redmond
    Ibra aguero gray
    jaku naughton evans marney
    I prefer sanchez over hazard he is a better goalscorer so to get ibra in I had to cut hazard. Ive left 1million in the bank and plan to do townsend to a 7.5 mid next week either ayew,siggy or oscar.

Im happy with a cheap defence 31.5 on my back 7. An interesting article on FFS about premium defenders v cheap defensive rotation. Its something I tend to agree with we only need to pick 3 from our back 5 so its quite possible to get decent fixtures most weeks for a rotating cheap defence. Im just looking at the first 4 weeks my 12 fixtures for my defenders that Ill play are SUN H, SWA H, STO H, HULL H, EVE H, STO A, MID H , WHU H, WBA A, HULL H, CRY H BOU A. Id hope to get between 4 and 6 c.s from those 12 fixtures anything either side of that Id class as either unlucky or lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Think I'm going to go with

Foster
    Shaw stones friend
    Hazard siggi lamela townsend
    Ibra Aguero Negredo

Janko Evans feghouli mcnair

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

In need of a few opinions, have changed my team dozens of times second guessing every selection.

Heaton Cech

Bailly Shaw Stones Friend Amat

Payet Ayew Lamela Tadic Fletcher

Vardy Aguero Gray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Trey13 wrote: »
    In need of a few opinions, have changed my team dozens of times second guessing every selection.

Heaton Cech

Bailly Shaw Stones Friend Amat

Payet Ayew Lamela Tadic Fletcher

Vardy Aguero Gray

Save ,5 on GKs, Nice team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Heaton (Foster)
    Friend, Hernadez,Valencia,(Amat,Kone)
    Oscar,Hazard,Sanchez,Tadic(Routledge)
    Aguero,Gray,Musa.
    Might change Sanchez and Musa, for Firmino and Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Any thoughts?
    Shane732 wrote: »
    I haven't spent a whole lot of time on this... Thoughts please...

De Gea (Jaku)

Azpilicueta Stones McAuley Friend Amat

Alli Martial Sanchez Kante Flecther

Aguero Costa Diomande

Diomande and Flecther are both just thrown in to finish the team at the min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Who takes Palace penos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Shane732 wrote: »
    Any thoughts?

Wouldn't have Martial or Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Who takes Palace penos?

Benteke! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Who takes Palace penos?

I don't know about last year, but Andros 'Spacecraft' Townsend did take pens for Spurs for a spell. Good record iirc also. Could make him more attractive if it turns out to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭Porthallian

De Gea (Pickford)
    Stones Shaw Alder Evans (Amat)
    Payet Alli Lingard Willian (Kante)
    Aguero Kane (Diomande)

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

De Gea (Pickford)
    Aguero Kane (Diomande)

Any advice?

4-4-2 is a different approach as is Lingard which I think he'll do well at the start of the season. Usually I'd say downgrade Kante to a 4.5 but sure why not, you don't need to upgrade really anywhere else. Nicely balanced, your midfielders generally had a great year and no punts on any signings new to the Premiership, best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Thanks for replies on Palace penos.. found a site that predicts peno takers and they say Cabaye who is only 6mil so thinking of him instead of Townsend. By the way why do ye call him Spacecraft??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

Squad no. 6 billion and rising....

Foster
    VVD/Stones/Valencia
    Hazard/Redmond/Alli/Townsend/Siggy
    Aguerro/Vardy

(Diomande/Amat/Kone/Jakupovic)

GK pretty straightforward selection, cheap and cheerful.

Def: Probably spent 0.5-1.0 more than originally intended - and had the likes of PVA and Williams instead of VVD and Valencia but decided to wait and see with the likes Everton who are pretty busy in the transfer market and Sunderland who could either capitulate completely or have some bargain defenders. Stones seems good value, bit of a boring one there and could see PVA in for him down the line if Moyes does what Moyes does best.

Mid: Choice between Hazard and Sanchez for premium spot - Chelsea's fixtures just swayed me but I'm not sold on Chelsea at all under Conte so consider it a bit of a punt. Alli/Redmond/Townsend/Siggy just because of the potential attacking threat. Would have preferred Ayew in but unsure if he'll start. SO many options in midfield - Alli in because I want spurs cover and Redmond seems the best of the 5.5-6.5 bunch. Spacecraft in because hey who doesn't like jumping on a good bandwagon eh!

Forwards: Aguerro because science. Vardy is in instead of Ibra because I don't know how Ibra will adapt to the prem - his transfer in reminds me of the Shevchenko transfer... great player but probably a few seasons past it.

Have 1.0 in the bank for GW2 with a view to Hazard > Sanchez or Vardy > Kane or whatever midfielder decides to explode (eyes on Firmino/Silva/Ayew here). This of course could all change drastically by tomorrows deadline :pac:

hogey143 wrote: »
    De Gea (Pickford)
    Aguero Kane (Diomande)

Any advice?

4-4-2 is a different approach as is Lingard which I think he'll do well at the start of the season. Usually I'd say downgrade Kante to a 4.5 but sure why not, you don't need to upgrade really anywhere else. Nicely balanced, your midfielders generally had a great year and no punts on any signings new to the Premiership, best of luck!
    Cheers! Yeah main reason I'm going 4-4-2 is the value in defence this year.
    Stones is a snip IMO especially with City's start and Kompany/Otamendi being doubts.

Could downgrade Kante to 4.5 but I think at 5 he is a bargain too. Could easily sub in any week. Defence, GK and FWs are pretty set for me.
    Only headache now is Willian/Lingard although Jose seems to like Lingard and I would prefer a 6/7.5 duo that 7/6.5 or 9/4.5

Siggy for Willian maybe? Might just leave it as is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who takes Palace penos?

Cabaye I believe. Jedinak possibly if he plays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

Currently on:
    Foster, Jakupovic
    Shaw, Stones, Friend, Kone, Amat
    Hazard, Firmino, Lamela, Tadic, Gaston
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

Keepers - common pairing for those of us planning a WC after GW3

Defenders - Shaw should be a good option under Jose, Stones is a 'cheap' way into a title challengers defence, Friend is a guaranteed starter for a defensive side, Amat is a strong possibility of a 4m starter, Kone is up in the air after last nights announcement.

Midfielders - I fancy Hazard to bounce back and has nice fixtures to start. I think Firmino will be the False 9 and away games could suit Liverpool. Lamela is a great price and I think Spurs will do well. Tadic has good fixtures and might be playing as a No 10. Gaston is on set pieces and gives me an option if I don't want to play Gray.

Forwards - Aguero should be in every team, Vardy has Hull and Swansea in the 1st 3 weeks, as well as an Arsenal defence missing Gabriel and Mertesacker. Gray is the most secure of the 6.5m strikers to start. I'd go Big Andy if I was 100% certain he would start GW2.

My decisions are:
    -Downgrade Tadic to Redmond, upgrade Kone to a 5m defender and keep 1m for a potential Vardy to Kane (c) transfer in GW2.
    -Downgrade Gaston to Capoue to generate the 1m
    -Risk Big Andy!

A long day awaits!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Not a regular poster but would really appreciate opinion on this team please:
    Foster/Heaton

Terry Friend Stones Shaw Amat

Hazard Townsend Tadic Lamela Leko

Zlatan Kun Gray

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Head melted already, have changed this team loads since last night. Any help appreciated please

Ddg

Baines Van Dijk Stones

Ramsey Payet Redmond Mahrez

Aguero Long Gray

Jalupovic, Vertonghen, Fuchs, Fletcher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm closer to the end then the start I'm hoping.

Forster (jakup)
    Shaw Stones Friend (Evans Amat)
    Payet Townsend Redmond Routledge (Firminio)
    Ibra Kun Gray

I am pretty happy but I've 1 million in the bank.. Anyone see any where that could be immediately well spent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »

Forster (jakup)
    Ibra Kun Gray

I am pretty happy but I've 1 million in the bank.. Anyone see any where that could be immediately well spent?

I like that a LOT
    It's similar to what I have .
    Is that Forster and not foster yeah cos in thinking of going that route

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

This is torture. Just let is start.
    GK - Mandanda & Pickford
    DEF - Shaw, Terry, Evans, Kone, Wollscheid
    MID - Eriksen, Firmino, Tadic, Willian, Cook
    FWD - Ibra, Kun, Rhodes

• Advertisement

Shaw/Payet/Kante

or

Morgan/KdB/Capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Any thoughts on strengthening or changing the following. Going to play the WC after GW 3. Any feedback/critiques appreciated

Foster (Jakupovic)

Shaw Stones Taylor Morgan (Smith)

Mahrez Fabregas Redmond (King, Fletcher)

Vardy Ibra Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Looking forward to the season starting so I can stop second-guessing myself.

Any obvious changes anyone would suggest? Bench is sadly rubbish, but at least they should play. One change I'll possibly make is to downgrade Baines and improve one of my subs?

De Gea

Stones Baines Morgan Shaw (Amat)

Hazard Redmond Mahrez (Fletcher, Capoue)

Gray Ibra Kun

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MrMac84 wrote: »

Forster (jakup)
    Ibra Kun Gray

I wouldn't bench firmino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Head melted already, have changed this team loads since last night. Any help appreciated please
    Ddg
    Baines Van Dijk Stones
    Ramsey Payet Redmond Mahrez

Aguero Long Gray
    Jalupovic, Vertonghen, Fuchs, Fletcher

Strong MF but light up top.
    Could work out for you if you only play 2 upfront and Gray becomes this year's Vardy.

Vertoghan is back training and Pochettino said he was available this weekend but I'd be amazed if he played on GW1 or 2 or even 3 as he has had zero preseason and only returned to full training a couple of days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Strong MF but light up top.
    Could work out for you if you only play 2 upfront and Gray becomes this year's Vardy.

Vertoghan is back training and Pochettino said he was available this weekend but I'd be amazed if he played on GW1 or 2 or even 3 as he has had zero preseason and only returned to full training a couple of days ago[/quote]

Cheers, was thinking of downgrading baines to strengthen up front, might just downgrade himself and vertonghen now to get Kane/Vardy in as i usually use the wc by gw 4/5 anyway. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Change of plan Ive decided to go without hazard and get in Ibra. Latest draft is
    Foster
    stones mee friend
    townsend sanchez firmino redmond
    Ibra aguero gray
    jaku naughton evans marney
    I prefer sanchez over hazard he is a better goalscorer so to get ibra in I had to cut hazard. Ive left 1million in the bank and plan to do townsend to a 7.5 mid next week either ayew,siggy or oscar.

Im happy with a cheap defence 31.5 on my back 7. An interesting article on FFS about premium defenders v cheap defensive rotation. Its something I tend to agree with we only need to pick 3 from our back 5 so its quite possible to get decent fixtures most weeks for a rotating cheap defence. Im just looking at the first 4 weeks my 12 fixtures for my defenders that Ill play are SUN H, SWA H, STO H, HULL H, EVE H, STO A, MID H , WHU H, WBA A, HULL H, CRY H BOU A. Id hope to get between 4 and 6 c.s from those 12 fixtures anything either side of that Id class as either unlucky or lucky.

Mm. Food for thought. I've been wavering on Hazard v Sanchez. Chelsea's better fixtures swinging it, but Sanchez may be up top. Hazard has been looking like playing more advanced under Conte. A conundrum, I'm down to just one 5.5 def already and would have to go all cheap defs to fit Sanchez.

Btw, why Naughton? Wouldn't have thought he was even nailed, while Guidolins comments about being in no rush to sign a CB seems to give Amat at 4.0 a reasonable degree of security for a few GWSLs at least?

Cheers, was thinking of downgrading baines to strengthen up front, might just downgrade himself and vertonghen now to get Kane/Vardy in as i usually use the wc by gw 4/5 anyway. Thanks for that.

I have Kane but thinking of switching to Vardy who plays Hull in the early kickoff tomorrow...

... But Kane has good fixture in GW2 so not sure myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Started late this year so only 3rd draft or so. 1m in the bank to get Firmino in after a couple of weeks if I dont need to wildcard.

Heaton Foster

Stones Evans Ake Kone Amat

Barkley Lamela Hazard Ramsey Redmond

Aguero Costa Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Lads opinions on this please

De Gea (Jakupovic)

Van Dijk Stones (Morgan) (Evans) (Paredes)

Dier siggie Mkhita Coutinho Drinkwater

Kane Aguero Long

Dier siggie Mkhita Coutinho Drinkwater

Dier was listed as a defender last year and thus picked up additional points for cleansheets etc so unlikely to score near as well this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Picked a team with the likelihood of wildcarding after GW3, during the first international break and close of the transfer window. This means fixture difficulty for those first 3 games is super important, and not so concerned about players' long term prospects in their teams.

Goalkeepers:
    Valdes (STK, sun, wba) - Should start at Middlesboro
    Foster (cry, EVE, MID) - big fan of Pulisball

Defenders
    Baines (TOT, wba, stk) - Playing wingback, possibly on penalties
    Coleman (TOT, wba, stk) - Playing wingback
    Stones (SUN, stk, WHU) - Cheapest way into a top 4 defence
    Friend (STK, sun, wba) - cheap, attacking defender
    Amat (bur, HUL, lei) - likely to start the first couple of games

Midfielders
    Hazard (WHU, wat, bur) - hoping he can recapture his past form
    Mane (ars, bur, tot) - been very impressive in pre-season
    Redmond (WAT, mun, SUN) - likely to start up front, based on Puel's comments
    Ali (eve, CRY, LIV) - hoping he can continue from last season
    Walcott (LIV, lei, wat) - could start up front while Giroud is rested

Forwards
    Ibrahimovic (bou, SOU, hul) - Most assured way into United's attack
    Musa (hul, ARS, SWA) - Looked impressive in pre-season
    Gray (SWA, LIV, che) - best option at 6.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is Amat a starter? Lots of ye have him here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Picked a team with the likelihood of wildcarding after GW3, during the first international break and close of the transfer window. This means fixture difficulty for those first 3 games is super important, and not so concerned about players' long term prospects in their teams.

Goalkeepers:
    Valdes (STK, sun, wba) - Should start at Middlesboro
    Foster (cry, EVE, MID) - big fan of Pulisball

Defenders
    Baines (TOT, wba, stk) - Playing wingback, possibly on penalties
    Coleman (TOT, wba, stk) - Playing wingback
    Stones (SUN, stk, WHU) - Cheapest way into a top 4 defence
    Friend (STK, sun, wba) - cheap, attacking defender
    Amat (bur, HUL, lei) - likely to start the first couple of games

Midfielders
    Hazard (WHU, wat, bur) - hoping he can recapture his past form
    Mane (ars, bur, tot) - been very impressive in pre-season
    Redmond (WAT, mun, SUN) - likely to start up front, based on Puel's comments
    Ali (eve, CRY, LIV) - hoping he can continue from last season
    Walcott (LIV, lei, wat) - could start up front while Giroud is rested

Forwards
    Ibrahimovic (bou, SOU, hul) - Most assured way into United's attack
    Musa (hul, ARS, SWA) - Looked impressive in pre-season
    Gray (SWA, LIV, che) - best option at 6.5

I don't understand how you don't have Aguero in your team. You don't have a City attacker at all?

Anyone know what the skinny on Downing is? Likely to play and start, set pieces?

Is Amat a starter? Lots of ye have him here.

Williams is gone and Guidolin indicated he was in no rush to sign a replacement so the expectation is that Amat with get his chance at CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

callaway92 wrote: »
    I don't understand how you don't have Aguero in your team. You don't have a City attacker at all?

double Everton defence too and Coleman is an injury doubt !
    downgrade Coleman and Walcott anyway
    get aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

callaway92 wrote: »

City are a massive unknown under Pep at the moment. This is the guy who bombed out Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Deco, Mandzukic. Couple that with Aguero's injury record and the fact that he played the whole Copa America tournament to the final, and I think he's worth avoiding for the first few weeks. There's undoubtedly value in the City attack, but I need to see how they line up under Pep to decide on who.

De Gea/Courtois
    Stones / Lovren / Darmian / Sagna / Matip
    Xhaka / Kante / Firmino / Mkhitaryan / Kouyate
    Aguero / Carroll / Giroud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

km79 wrote: »
    I like that a LOT
    It's similar to what I have .
    Is that Forster and not foster yeah cos in thinking of going that route

Ya Forster from Southampton.. Couldn't get a defender from them so went for the keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,919 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

City are a massive unknown under Pep at the moment. This is the guy who bombed out Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Deco, Mandzukic. Couple that with Aguero's injury record and the fact that he played the whole Copa America tournament to the final, and I think he's worth avoiding for the first few weeks. There's undoubtedly value in the City attack, but I need to see how they line up under Pep to decide on who.

If Aguero goes nuts in a match (high potential of), you're fecked though

• Advertisement
Advertisement