Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

De Gea
    Valdes

Morgan
    McAuley
    Williams
    PVA
    Cresswell

Fletcher
    Payet
    Antonio
    Arnautovic
    Kante

Long
    Zlatan
    Aguero

Too much in defence, too light in midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

De Gea
    Valdes

Morgan
    McAuley
    Williams
    PVA
    Cresswell

Fletcher
    Payet
    Antonio
    Arnautovic
    Kante

Long
    Zlatan
    Aguero

Too much in defence, too light in midfield?

Yep you hit the nail on the head. Too many expensive (5+) defenders.

Two defensive mids in Fletcher and Kante who are unlikely to offer much.

Most people tend to play three at the back. I would think two defenders above 5 is enough. Plenty of options at 4.5, have a look at some other teams for ideas. This will allow you to upgrade the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Latest attempt

Mandanda, Jako
    Mee, Williams, Morgan, Friend, 4.0
    Firmino, Mkhytarian, Alli, Payet, Bolasie
    Lukaku, Aguero, 4.5

Not too chuffed with the defense but I suppose it could be worse given the budget. Front 7 I like the look of (Bolasie I'd have slight reservations about but for a 6M option with Palace's opening set of fixtures he makes sense). Full budget used up

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

I've seen Baines in a few teams, is there anything to suggest he'll be back scoring or at his best again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dónal wrote: »
    I've seen Baines in a few teams, is there anything to suggest he'll be back scoring or at his best again?

Absolutely nothing !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Took a pen GW38 with Lukaku on pitch. Koeman had a good defensive record at Soton so hoping he can turn Everton around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    Absolutely nothing !

I'm pretty sure he was back on penos at the end of last season and they'll be better defensively with Koeman in charge so I wouldn't call that nothing.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure he was back on penos at the end of last season and they'll be better defensively with Koeman in charge so I wouldn't call that nothing.

He has shown no form in almost 2 years though
    Constantly injured and not getting any younger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I guess there's hope he's fit, in a more solid team defensively under koeman and he's not priced at 7.0/6.5.

He was picking up attacking points towards the back end of the season too wasn't he, at least sporadically?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    He has shown no form in almost 2 years though
    Constantly injured and not getting any younger
    I guess there's hope he's fit, in a more solid team defensively under koeman and he's not priced at 7.0/6.5.

He was picking up attacking points towards the back end of the season too wasn't he, at least sporadically?

He's undoubtedly worth a watch list. As a defender his personal form is largely secondary, other than if he was in danger of being dropped. If he was a solid starter in a decent Koeman defence and on pens he'd edge toward essential at 5.5m.

Won't go there from the off though.

Baines is 31. Not over the hill yet. Hasn't showed form for a while but he showed it consistently over a long period of time so i wouldn't rule out him finding it again. And if Koeman decides to play a 3-5-2 with him and Coleman as wing-backs, they're both going in my team

secretly adds baines to watchlist :D

secretly adds baines to watchlist :D

The new Mata...

FHFC wrote: »
    The new Mata...

I've owned Baines at least once every season
    Held him WAY too long season before last (or the one before that not sure) hence the reluctance to go back
    Just so ye know mata has 2 assists in a game and a half so far in preseason
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Leaning towards this at present... anyone any thoughts?

Butland [Jakupovic]
    Moreno/Stones/Soare [Wasilewski/Wollscheid]
    Fabregas/Coutinho/Sigurdson/Mkhitaryan [Rodwell]
    Aguerro/Ibrahimovic/Long

Not sold on Ibra from the start but terrified he'll come out of the blocks with a point to prove.

Everything else is a bit up in the air. Moreno netted me some nice points last season but happy to axe him... Chelsea a mixed bag but hoping Fab at 7.5 gets back to his assisting ways and Rodwell under Moyes a possible good shout for a cheap 5th mid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

COH wrote: »
    Leaning towards this at present... anyone any thoughts?

Butland [Jakupovic]
    Moreno/Stones/Soare [Wasilewski/Wollscheid]
    Fabregas/Coutinho/Sigurdson/Mkhitaryan [Rodwell]
    Aguerro/Ibrahimovic/Long

Not sold on Ibra from the start but terrified he'll come out of the blocks with a point to prove.

Everything else is a bit up in the air. Moreno netted me some nice points last season but happy to axe him... Chelsea a mixed bag but hoping Fab at 7.5 gets back to his assisting ways and Rodwell under Moyes a possible good shout for a cheap 5th mid?

A general comment to start. Personally I haven't seen a team with both Aguero and Ibrahimovic in it that I've liked. It leaves serious weaknesses somewhere.

I think your defence is too weak tbh. I can see someone coming in to put Moreno under pressure as he's a terrible defender. Liverpool have 4 aways in their first 5, with the only home being to Leicester.

Wasilewski, and to a lesser extent Stones, are not guaranteed to start and Souare won't get any attacking returns so you are relying on Palace keeping CS.

I'd probably go Firmino over Coutinho as a Liverpool mid.

If it was me I'd ditch Ibrahimovic (Mkhitaryan is enough attacking Man U - Mourinhos teams tend to grind out a lot of 1 and 2-0 results) and upgrade the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,282 ✭✭✭COH

Benimar wrote: »
    A general comment to start. Personally I haven't seen a team with both Aguero and Ibrahimovic in it that I've liked. It leaves serious weaknesses somewhere.

Agreed - I think he's wildly over priced for a player past his peak and playing in a more competitive league.
    I think your defence is too weak tbh. I can see someone coming in to put Moreno under pressure as he's a terrible defender. Liverpool have 4 aways in their first 5, with the only home being to Leicester.

Wasilewski, and to a lesser extent Stones, are not guaranteed to start and Souare won't get any attacking returns so you are relying on Palace keeping CS.

Upgrade defence - noted!

That's what I did last year - seemed to be a consensus from what I've read so far that Coutinho will be the main man but now with Mane in the mix I just went for the cheaper option to appease Ibra playing.
    If it was me I'd ditch Ibrahimovic (Mkhitaryan is enough attacking Man U - Mourinhos teams tend to grind out a lot of 1 and 2-0 results) and upgrade the defence.

Appreciate your advice!

Benimar wrote: »

Mourinhos teams tend to grind out 1/2 0 wins in the BIG games.
    His teams have traditionally scored a LOT of goals despite the common misconception to the contrary. Therefore most of these goals come in the 30 or so other games ........United have a nice start. Ibra is worth the risk. I'd rather be on him early and see what happens

Mourinhos teams tend to grind out 1/2 0 wins in the BIG games.
    His teams have traditionally scored a LOT of goals despite the common misconception to the contrary. Therefore most of these goals come in the 30 or so other games ........United have a nice start. Ibra is worth the risk. I'd rather be on him early and see what happens

I think this too. Ibra loves attention and proving points. All this attention and questions about whether he can cut it in this league...i think he'll be busting it and in great condition and could come in with a bang. With an early wildcard plan its worth a try for 3 or 4 games anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Starting this season, same way as ended last, with still no clue. Lost count how many changes since autofil the day the game went live.

Gomes--Boruc

Robertson--Coleman--Wasilewski--Williams--Friend

---Firmino--Töre--Gudmundsson--Martial--Mahrez---

Agüero--Carroll--Ighalo

£1.5 wiggle room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Foster Jakupovic
    Mee Francis Friend McAuley Souare
    KDB Mkhitarian Fabregas Iwobi Kirchoff
    Aguero Zlatan Long

Very cheap defence but I'm willing to gamble on that and can early wildcard if necessary.
    I've gone big on Utd and City in attack as I'm expecting both to start off very well.
    Iwobi can become Redmond or Snodgrass if he isn't expected to start GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Draft 1:

Just realised I've no Arsenal cover.

1e2k2o.png

Wouldn't worry about attacking cover, more about picking the right one aftet watching opening matches

Getting closer i feel:

RkJxfTn780VnCt-JZVYOKc0rm2bHbFirWBZDH33EKhn73EFpSjfnT9ObOTbH8rz1pokfrOo4npSUzh2azmPOEbfTcbB9uDTql4vKkV77kE09QrM6wGidBEA3NmfRqL166Vh5BP7gQzCTT82ObweN6VUOd-coMQAn6jPJ7Gd6KwSdnVycYmIHgmfiNYe1eoq_ZBs2Hr9tj4aWeP0p_znAqNr-XKu8aubsKiwEQbyl3cgUnxxWc4MJuBdsRQDnWFrdM_-QUTNT3-gGBPZ25r7HMUFEUvQnktc4szz69kSh1nQItIkXcPrhzuW_Zk-d1YL_P8hiLy2T0Ofq5EDzAZ2LcJd7vZHoUr0q2_kaSftU0JhttGvBlSqCbS22S68ff2DLsBDnIkYVffj7EKlcT_XL34GfbXL-2pY7DYDiyV0YQ9yBzUmUj8JWclbaymQMVdmDnFQDFcq1-OLwvMgI-xkAmnkNs-zdK7hBCV4F51-3gZW_cyv3d3hploPmvmNMRArkiyjR9YECjPTcR6U2urGJGmoyWRXpGz4EFoKoZCYeovyJHwr2r2W_icFaZqCs9wRJ78AmPKnTzjUGAKB3cepWVF4gQ7FRYC0=w600-h430-no

Cheaped out on defense but 4 regular starters and hopefully a 4.0 starter will emerge to make that 5

Front line taking a massive amount of my budget but worth it i think especially with the ability to rotate captaincy between Ibra-Aguero, as well as not having to worry about captaining Lukaku :P (but still benefiting from his points).

edit: Feghouli and Redmond to rotate in midfield as S'hampton and West Ham rotate so beautifully (hopefully Feghouli is a starter, if not, hello Kouyate :P). Happy with Alli, Firmino and Ayew as my 3 regular playing mids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Screenshot_2016_07_24_21_00_45_com_android_chrom.pngscreen shot

Very early draft. Have doubts about Terry and Townsend. Although I do think Townsend might do well under pardew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Getting closer i feel:

RkJxfTn780VnCt-JZVYOKc0rm2bHbFirWBZDH33EKhn73EFpSjfnT9ObOTbH8rz1pokfrOo4npSUzh2azmPOEbfTcbB9uDTql4vKkV77kE09QrM6wGidBEA3NmfRqL166Vh5BP7gQzCTT82ObweN6VUOd-coMQAn6jPJ7Gd6KwSdnVycYmIHgmfiNYe1eoq_ZBs2Hr9tj4aWeP0p_znAqNr-XKu8aubsKiwEQbyl3cgUnxxWc4MJuBdsRQDnWFrdM_-QUTNT3-gGBPZ25r7HMUFEUvQnktc4szz69kSh1nQItIkXcPrhzuW_Zk-d1YL_P8hiLy2T0Ofq5EDzAZ2LcJd7vZHoUr0q2_kaSftU0JhttGvBlSqCbS22S68ff2DLsBDnIkYVffj7EKlcT_XL34GfbXL-2pY7DYDiyV0YQ9yBzUmUj8JWclbaymQMVdmDnFQDFcq1-OLwvMgI-xkAmnkNs-zdK7hBCV4F51-3gZW_cyv3d3hploPmvmNMRArkiyjR9YECjPTcR6U2urGJGmoyWRXpGz4EFoKoZCYeovyJHwr2r2W_icFaZqCs9wRJ78AmPKnTzjUGAKB3cepWVF4gQ7FRYC0=w600-h430-no

Cheaped out on defense but 4 regular starters and hopefully a 4.0 starter will emerge to make that 5

Front line taking a massive amount of my budget but worth it i think especially with the ability to rotate captaincy between Ibra-Aguero, as well as not having to worry about captaining Lukaku :P (but still benefiting from his points).

edit: Feghouli and Redmond to rotate in midfield as S'hampton and West Ham rotate so beautifully (hopefully Feghouli is a starter, if not, hello Kouyate :P). Happy with Alli, Firmino and Ayew as my 3 regular playing mids.

Wouldn't double up with Stoke at the back. Maybe swap Pieters for Neil Taylor who is good value at 4.5m. I would prefer Eriksen to Alli now that they are the same price. The rest of the midfield is pretty good with decent differentials.

I favour the 4.5 bench fodder mid to start off with to save myself selection headaches but if you've got a rotation plan in place for your fourth and fifth mids then fair enough.

Very strong forward line but of course there are always doubts about Lukaku's consistency and whether he'll have a good start after a mediocre Euros.

EDIT: That's odd. Was on the phone when I posted that and could see your team pic but am now on a PC and can't see your pic.

Screenshot_2016_07_24_21_00_45_com_android_chrom.pngscreen shot

Very early draft. Have doubts about Terry and Townsend. Although I do think Townsend might do well under pardew.

Pieters is a bit of a card magnet and doesn't offer much of an attacking threat. I would go for George Friend instead.

McManaman is likely to be a non-starter. Capoue looks to be the early contender for the cheap bench fodder midfield option.

If Terry starts (I think he will) he is great value and is an attacking threat from corners. Not sure Özil will start gameweek 1 after his exploits at the Euros. Townsend is a good pick, have him in my latest draft. I would also prefer Mkhitaryan to Martial.

Wouldn't double up with Stoke at the back. Maybe swap Pieters for Neil Taylor who is good value at 4.5m.

Wilson is just there as a punt at the moment - there doesn't seem any guaranteed fpl starters at 4.0 that we know of - so Wilson may well be moved on by me if, and when a 4.0 starter emerges. In any case they'll stay on my bench most gw's regardless. Just picked Wilson as he was actually a regular under Hughes for his first 2 seasons in charge (was then dropped last season and ended up missing the 2nd half of the season with serious injury...)

As regards Taylor i'm not sold on Swansea defensively - just checked there and they managed 3/16 clean sheets since Guidolin took over last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Pieters is a bit of a card magnet and doesn't offer much of an attacking threat. I would go for George Friend instead.

McManaman is likely to be a non-starter. Capoue looks to be the early contender for the cheap bench fodder midfield option.

If Terry starts (I think he will) he is great value and is an attacking threat from corners. Not sure Özil will start gameweek 1 after his exploits at the Euros. Townsend is a good pick, have him in my latest draft. I would also prefer Mkhitaryan to Martial.

I went for pieters as stoke seem to have a decent clean sheet record. Do you think middlesbrough (haven't seen anything of them for a long time) would have a good defensive set up?

I'll go to capoue so.

• Advertisement

I went for pieters as stoke seem to have a decent clean sheet record. Do you think middlesbrough (haven't seen anything of them for a long time) would have a good defensive set up?

I'll go to capoue so.

Karanka sets his team up defensively and tries to make it tough for the opposition. They kept 22 clean sheets in the Championship last season and I think they only conceded 7 goals at home all season in the league. Of course it will be a different kettle of fish in the Premier League but they should be reliable for clean sheets against the likes of West Brom, Bournemouth, Hull and Sunderland at home especially.

manual_man wrote: »
    As regards Taylor i'm not sold on Swansea defensively - just checked there and they managed 3/16 clean sheets since Guidolin took over last season.

Guidolin had 4/8 cleanies in home matches and none away, which is pretty ideal for a rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Too light in MF ?

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/VSMrLyN.jpg[/img]"]VSMrLyN.jpg[/URL]

bezuaua wrote: »
    Too light in MF ?

[URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/VSMrLyN.jpg[/img]"]VSMrLyN.jpg[/URL]

Redmond is probably the best of the 6m midfielders. If Arnautovic is leaving, Bojan should get lots of gametime but he's quite injury prone. Liverpool have a tough start, I'd prefer Eriksen to Firmino. Good team though considering you've opted for the Kun and Ibra approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bodking

Comments please

Comments please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Butland Jakupovic

Browning Friend Gabriel Williams Kone

Arnie Ayew Coutinho Spacecraft Fabregas

Zlatan Aguero Negredo

- Happy with my keepers, assuming Butland is back to full fitness at this stage

- Defence: had Bellerin in previous drafts but Mertsacker being out make Gabriel an obvious choice, allowed for the upgrade from Robertson to Williams. Monitoring Terry & PVA but probably not too much more tinkering to be done here.

- Midfield: Arnie in last night assuming the move to Everton goes through, if not, I might plump for Barkley who seems to be in decent preseason form. Ayew vs. Siggy and Coutinho vs. Firmino are marginal calls

- Forwards: Zlatan fear is the driving force here….had a few drafts without him but can see him going on an early season rampage. The only question here (and it seems to be a common one) is going to be Negredo vs. Grey. Negredo is in for the minute but it’s very marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

First proper draught with a little thought put into it

GWm4gAt.png

I feel it's quite balanced although normally i would start with a stronger top 3, Last year didn't go to plan though so I'm willing to try something different to begin this season.

De Gea will start nearly every week

Defence is a mix bag but i've tried to keep a few old reliables along with a couple of new cheapies in to keep costs down. Terry if he starts could be a great shout but it remains to be seen if he will under Conte.

Midfield is my strong point here. it was a toss up between having KDB in and Costa + another 9mil+ up front or Aguero and Fab. Had to go with Aguero to begin with.

Aguero, Long and Gray - really not sure how i feel about this.... really not sure.

Thoughts please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

bodking wrote: »
    Comments please

Wouldn't be sold on Alli at his price or William, apart from that, grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Butland Jakupovic

Browning Friend Gabriel Williams Kone

Arnie Ayew Coutinho Spacecraft Fabregas

Zlatan Aguero Negredo

- Happy with my keepers, assuming Butland is back to full fitness at this stage

- Defence: had Bellerin in previous drafts but Mertsacker being out make Gabriel an obvious choice, allowed for the upgrade from Robertson to Williams. Monitoring Terry & PVA but probably not too much more tinkering to be done here.

- Midfield: Arnie in last night assuming the move to Everton goes through, if not, I might plump for Barkley who seems to be in decent preseason form. Ayew vs. Siggy and Coutinho vs. Firmino are marginal calls

- Forwards: Zlatan fear is the driving force here….had a few drafts without him but can see him going on an early season rampage. The only question here (and it seems to be a common one) is going to be Negredo vs. Grey. Negredo is in for the minute but it’s very marginal.

I believe Negredo was fairly poor last year. Certainly, Graham Hunter on the radio wasn't impressed by him. I think Ayew is too streaky to start with (Siggy less so), I regard Coutinho as an FPL troll, and I think Arnie will score less at Everton than Stoke. But otherwise, cool.
    First proper draught with a little thought put into it

GWm4gAt.png

I feel it's quite balanced although normally i would start with a stronger top 3, Last year didn't go to plan though so I'm willing to try something different to begin this season.

De Gea will start nearly every week

Defence is a mix bag but i've tried to keep a few old reliables along with a couple of new cheapies in to keep costs down. Terry if he starts could be a great shout but it remains to be seen if he will under Conte.

Midfield is my strong point here. it was a toss up between having KDB in and Costa + another 9mil+ up front or Aguero and Fab. Had to go with Aguero to begin with.

Aguero, Long and Gray - really not sure how i feel about this.... really not sure.

Thoughts please.

Why get Foster if you're going to start DDG every week? And Foster might well give you a headache in selection every week as well.

Nice defence, very good midfield, and a good attack IF Long is nailed. On the bench, I fear for Hull now, so I'd change Robertson.

Overall though, I quite like this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Why get Foster if you're going to start DDG every week? And Foster might well give you a headache in selection every week as well.

Nice defence, very good midfield, and a good attack IF Long is nailed. On the bench, I fear for Hull now, so I'd change Robertson.

Overall though, I quite like this team.

Cheers for the feedback

Foster is there for the weeks UTD are away to the likes of UTD, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc and for the sake of .5mil i always liek to have a second keeper that starts.

Long up front is long shot (...gets coat) but if Pelle leaves he might just well lead the way for Southampton this season and could be gold! Not really sure where else to sacrifice to upgrade him. Maybe Alli could make way for someone cheaper to free up funds but i fully expect him to pick up where he left off last season.

Cheers for the feedback

Foster is there for the weeks UTD are away to the likes of UTD, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea etc and for the sake of .5mil i always liek to have a second keeper that starts.

Long up front is long shot (...gets coat) but if Pelle leaves he might just well lead the way for Southampton this season and could be gold! Not really sure where else to sacrifice to upgrade him. Maybe Alli could make way for someone cheaper to free up funds but i fully expect him to pick up where he left off last season.

PELLE is gone to China already
    Austin could be interesting too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cheers for the feedback

Those tough away games are actually a good time to play a utd defender. Mourinho is great at getting a clean sheet in that circumstance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

PELLE is gone to China already
    Austin could be interesting too

Indeed, I currently have Austin instead of Long. I'm hoping for some clarity before the season starts.

Invincible wrote: »
    Wouldn't be sold on Alli at his price or William, apart from that, grand.

Still tinkering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭chris445

Courtois(CHE)

Shaw(MUN), Sagna(MCI), Gabriel(ARS)

Mkhitaryan(MUN), Fabregas(CHE), Siggy(SWA), Cabaye(CRY)

Zlatan(MUN), Aguero(MCI), Long(SOU)

Jakupovic(HUL), McAuley(WBA), Darren Fletcher(WBA), Brad Smith(BOU)

First draft up....

Keepers
    Gone with Courtois for Chelsea defence. Conte to bring the Italian influence and get some clean sheets.
    Jakupovic is a likely 4m starter but will likely not be used

Defense
    I think Shaw will have a good year with clean sheets for Mourinho and will get forward down the left
    Sagna will likely start at RB for city and will have an attaking presence too I feel
    Gabriel should get points for Arsenal clean sheets with Mertesaker injured. Threat from corners too
    McAuley because WBA have a decent enough start and the Pulis effect but will be on the bench at times too
    Smith as a 4m possible starter but even if he doesn't start he wont see much time off the bench in this team

Midfield
    I think Mkhitarian will chip in with a good few goals and assists this year. Could still be changed for Martial/Payet/Mahrez
    With Kante and Matic in the squad I think Fab will play behind the striker and rack up points
    Siggy - Still not sure here. Possible change to Arnautivic or Barkley
    Cabaye for 6m.Again still not sure but could be worth it for free kicks/pens.
    Fletcher as a 4.5m who i think will start every game but wont set the world alight with points. Maybe Capoue will be better if pushed further forward

Striker
    Ibrahimovic because I'm scared not to have him. It seems he is in all teams.
    Aguero is a must with Pep taking over I think he will be top points scorer this year
    I think Long is certain to start ahead of Austin and is coming off some good form at the end of last season.

Thoughts on this???

I'm fairly happy with keepers, defenders and strikers but think it may be a bit light in midfield.

Why can't we have 102m

Any thoughts on S Downing - Middlesborough ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Foster (WBA)

Shaw(MUN), Sagna(MCI), Gabriel(ARS)

Fabregas(ARS), Payet (WHAM) , Townsend (CRY), Mikih (MUN)

Lukaku(EVE), KUN (MCI), Long (SOU)

Jakupovic(HULL) Drinkwater (LEI) Paredes (WAT) Kone (SUN)

Not wild on the bench. The alternative is reduce Lukaku to something more reasonable and upgrade Drinkwater or an equivalent. I'm all ears on a bargain 5.5M Midfield layer.

As above, looked at Downing/Dier and a few others.
    Kante has massive ownership, but doesn't he sit and disrupt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

First Draft and only 1 playing sub unless a 4m defender pops up. If one did, it'd be magic and I would nearly go with this as I'll be WC'ing in GW3.

DDG, (dud)
    Cedric, Williams, Evans, Morgan, (4.0)
    Mkhitarayan, Silva, Fabregas, Siggy, (Fletcher)
    Zlatan, Aguero, (dud)

Obviously hoping both Manchester sides get off to a flyer, home captain between Zlatan and Kun for the first 3 GW's. Fab (could opt for Pedro too) and Siggy have a decent few games. Happy with DDG in goal under Jose. Defence is a little blah, but favourable enough starts so hoping for a few CS's but not expecting much.

Finding a playing 4.0m defender is key as even though it's a short term team, Fletcher being the only sub is too risky. I would happily just have 2 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    First Draft and only 1 playing sub unless a 4m defender pops up. If one did, it'd be magic and I would nearly go with this as I'll be WC'ing in GW3.

DDG, (dud)
    Cedric, Williams, Evans, Morgan, (4.0)
    Mkhitarayan, Silva, Fabregas, Siggy, (Fletcher)
    Zlatan, Aguero, (dud)

Obviously hoping both Manchester sides get off to a flyer, home captain between Zlatan and Kun for the first 3 GW's. Fab (could opt for Pedro too) and Siggy have a decent few games. Happy with DDG in goal under Jose. Defence is a little blah, but favourable enough starts so hoping for a few CS's but not expecting much.

Finding a playing 4.0m defender is key as even though it's a short term team, Fletcher being the only sub is too risky. I would happily just have 2 though.

I like the team, good balance throughout, and no real players that I'd classify as weak anywhere. I'm interested to know your thoughts on 4-4-2 formation? Most on here would go for 3-4-3 or 3-5-2...

• Advertisement
Advertisement