Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

A) Hazard Mahrez Tadic Redmond
    or
    B) Hazard Firmino Erikson Redmond
    or
    C) Hazard Tadic Siggy Erikson

What you guys think? Which of those options you like best[/quote]

Option b, firminho possibly playing up front would swing it for me. Then option A as i reckon mahrez could do damage again this year. I have mahrez, firminho, payet and redmond as my mid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

or
    or

What you guys think? Which of those options you like best

Option b, firminho possibly playing up front would swing it for me. Then option A as i reckon mahrez could do damage again this year. I have mahrez, firminho, payet and redmond as my mid
    A with Townsend instead of Tadic is my midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Delaney for Azpilicueta
    Dier for Whelan

Maybe change Forster to foster azpil to a 4.5 def mee or friend and then Whelan to Redmond or Townsend. Dier like Whelan is a defensive mid not going to get u any ff points. Dier got a load of points last year as he was classed as a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

My annual post in the FSA rate my team. Going with the below so far, have 9. mil in the bank for another mid, looking to spend 7.5/8 to leave me some wiggle room for panic buys in weeks 2. Like ibra but will give him a week or two. Sticking with the super duo from Lecister, every time i doubted them last season it came back to bite me. That's the line up for now will finalise after dinner, i can't make these big decisions on an empty stomach.

Jakupovic
    Valdés

Evans
    Stones
    Valencia
    Morgan
    Paredes

Mahrez
    Tadic
    Lamela
    Kanté

Agüero
    Gray
    Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Think I've managed to settle on a team after all the tinkering.

Foster/ Jaku
    Valencia - Mee - Friend - Evans - Amat
    Haz- Mahrez - Redmond - Townsend- Capoue
    Ibra - Kun - Gray

Much of this feels quite template, and the burning question for me was really Vardy vs Mahrez. This team feels a lot more balanced than anything I could get with vardy up top, so hopefully Mahrez+ Gray can outscore Vardy + Lamela. This team also leaves me 1m in the bank to upgrade next week, most likely for siggy. Leaving this alone till the morning before I make a final call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    Think I've managed to settle on a team after all the tinkering.

Foster/ Jaku
    Valencia - Mee - Friend - Evans - Amat
    Haz- Mahrez - Redmond - Townsend- Capoue
    Ibra - Kun - Gray

Much of this feels quite template, and the burning question for me was really Vardy vs Mahrez. This team feels a lot more balanced than anything I could get with vardy up top, so hopefully Mahrez+ Gray can outscore Vardy + Lamela. This team also leaves me 1m in the bank to upgrade next week, most likely for siggy. Leaving this alone till the morning before I make a final call.

oh my god that's SO WEIRD
    I was about to post almost all of that word for word :D
    still thinking of risking kone instead of Evans but apart from that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Final Draft

Foster

Valencia
    Morgan
    Stones

Eriksen
    Feghouli
    Firmino
    Deulofeu

Vardy
    Aguero
    Ibrahimovic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

km79 wrote: »
    oh my god that's SO WEIRD
    I was about to post almost all of that word for word :D
    still thinking of risking kone instead of Evans but apart from that :D

Same here. But I do love a pulisball double up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ballsy move going with no strikers![/quote]
    lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Ballsy move going with no strikers![/quote]

Lol........sorry strikers who will all start first game. Kun,Vardy, Gray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

or
    or

Option b, firminho possibly playing up front would swing it for me. Then option A as i reckon mahrez could do damage again this year. I have mahrez, firminho, payet and redmond as my mid[/QUOTE]

B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Hennessey/foster
    Friend stones Shaw /amat souare
    Mahrez tadic Oscar mane Townsend
    Aguero vardy /diomande
    Had a front three of aguero, Wilson,grey till an hour ago. Gone against a front eight now though.

hogey143 wrote: »
    I'm nearly there...

Tadic & Lamela

Or

Firmino & Redmond.

Would go with Firmino and Redmond, more in form in preseason.

Did anything major come out of all the press conferences today?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

A) Hazard Mahrez Tadic Redmond or B) Hazard Firmino Erikson Redmond or C) Hazard Tadic Siggy Erikson

But this doesnt seem too big a risk. I assume Redmond will play GW2 aswell.

Options are

Usually not a fan of pre planned xfers incase of injury/form risks.

Tadic to Siggy or Lamela if he looks good.

Option a

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

Think I'm relatively template but anyway!

Foster, Jak
    Stone, Shaw, Friend, Kone, Amat
    Mahrez, Redmond, Firmino, Lamela, Fletcher
    Gray, Aguero, Ibra

Basically, I've had my GKs, Def and forwards set for the last few days. My midfield on the other hand has been chopped and changed!

Had Hazard in there most if the week but swapped out for Mahrez today as I feared going without one of the Vardez. Moved out Tadic for Redmond as I wanted to keep something in the bank for the next couple of weeks (for Siggy perhaps who was in there until I read the team line up earlier!). Will probably WC week 3 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

well I'm done for the night I think
    I start poorly every year due to buying lads based on preseason form and players new to the league
    and o have done so again :D

foster /jaku
    Valencia Fuchs friend kone amat
    mahrez hazard redmond gerryD capoue
    aguero zlatan gray

didn't hold any money back in the end as I've a good feeling for a monster haul from Fuchs tomorrow
    ye can take yere boring 6 pointer from stones I'm going for a double digits Fuchs Fest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Too maverick to have Deulofeu and Oscar in my team?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Xaniaj wrote: »
    Think I'm relatively template but anyway!

Foster, Jak
    Stone, Shaw, Friend, Kobe, Amat
    Mahrez, Redmond, Firmino, Lamela, Fletcher
    Gray, Aguero, Ibra

Basically, I've had my GKs, Def and forwards set for the last few days. My midfield on the other hand has been chopped and changed!

Had Hazard in there most if the week but swapped out for Mahrez today as I feared going without one of the Vardez. Moved out Tadic for Redmond as I wanted to keep something in the bank for the next couple of weeks (for Siggy perhaps who was in there until I read the team line up earlier!). Will probably WC week 3 or so.

If you can squeeze in Lebron too, it'll give you another captaincy option :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Xaniaj

v3ttel wrote: »

Lol, hey just trying to move a little off template!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

v3ttel wrote: »

that would be a very cavalier attitude to take..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Too maverick to have Deulofeu and Oscar in my team?

No should be safe enough for GW1. Oscar probably on penalties for Chelsea and Deulofeu might start up front. Rotation will be a problem for both going forward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Hi guys, any thoughts on the following.

1b380579904e3c3fd4a277b5126732bd.png

Team is designed up until GW3-4 for wildcard after the International Break.

The main change I've made to the structure was to replace Firmino/Tadic/5.5M with Sanchez/Redmond/Capoue.

The goalkeepers are template. Foster has good early fixtures, Jakupovic is a playing 4.0 GK.

Defenders:
    I've gone with Valencia initially due to the fact Mourinho's teams utilise width from the full-backs and Valencia has picked up a few assists in preseason. Could easily be Shaw though.
    Morgan looks the most secure of the 5.0M defenders at the minute. Two good fixtures out of 3 and no doubts regarding starts (like Williams/ Funes Mori/Stones)
    Friend + Souare have nice fixtures and Amat is a playing 4.0 M for now.

Midfield:
    This is where I've made the most changes from template. Have included Hazard and Sanchez from the start given Hazard has looked back to his best in preseason and has a more advanced role in Conte's system. May start as a second striker in some games and if Oscar is out will have penalties.
    Sanchez should be upfront for Arsenal and could have had several goals v City in the friendly. On free-kicks and good OOP. Can be streaky but worth a punt for 3 weeks.
    Downgraded Tadic to Redmond based on Claude Puel's comments and the possibility of starting upfront.
    Have Lamela as my fourth midfielder. Seems the most up-to-speed of the Spurs squad in pre-season and couldn't afford Kane/Ali.
    Capoue will be bench fodder.

Strikers:
    Aguero is an auto captain option. Best player in the league and needs to be in almost every team.
    Vardy has great fixtures and looks sharp based on the Community Shield. Captain option v Hull given the disastrous preseason they've had.
    Gray looks the best of the promoted strikers and is in good form. Could be replaced with Carroll/Negredo/Long in future due to the flexibility in 6.5 M strikers.

The main potential weakness is the lack of Man Utd attacking coverage (Ibra) and the lack of flexibility in budget by bringing Sanchez in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Musa good for a start tomorrow?

Not worried about Liverpool cover for first 3 gws

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

De Gea Jaku
    Terry Stones Friend Kone Amat
    Hazard Firmino Sanchez Deulofeu Capoue
    Aguero Long Gray

Any thoughts on above team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Think I'm done. Late change from Stones to VVD. 1m in the bank for a possible Vardy to Kane (c) transfer in GW2

PnOQHIx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

FPL_team.pnggif hosting

Okay I think I'm settled but any positive/negative feedback is very much appreciated.

Foster/Jaku is fairly template. Don't expect Jaku to start, will go with Foster who has a niceish start to the season.

Shaw as my 5.5 as United have a good start to the season, Mourinho's approach should see a few CS. Stones as City cover for 5.0 is a steal, will start too. Friend I don't know a lot about but Karanka seemingly has Boro playing for 1-0s so I hope they will get many cleenies.
    Kone I expect to move to Everton should be good for 4.5, Koeman will be good defensively and Amat is daycent as a 4.0 DF.

Mahrez, player of the season last year, nice easy fixtures, should do well v Hull. Hazard looks back to his best in pre season, more forward role hopefully flourish under Conte, Firmino expected to start up as false 9 or 10 behind Origi, the most outstanding from pre season. Redmond over Tadic is a big call, from Pules press conferences, he seems nailed on to start up front surprisingly enough and looked lively pre season. Leko as place holder 4.5

Aguero no brainer. Vardy, some season last year, didnt leave when expected to so obviously has a point to prove, goal last week and nice fixtures starting off. Gray 9 pre season goals (Still not sure whether its him or Negredo to punt on)

All in all, balanced enough, nothing left ITB.
    Worried about no United attacking coverage but I can't see value in Ibra 11.5 when theres Vardy, bit of a differential too.
    No Arsenal but cant see them starting well.
    No Spurs but could swap Vardy to Kane and downgrade midfield.

Any opinions very welcome!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Siggy not starting (benched)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    Think I'm done. Late change from Stones to VVD. 1m in the bank for a possible Vardy to Kane (c) transfer in GW2

Very similar to me.

I have Barkley instead of hazard and DDG in goal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Only change I might make in the morning is Vardy -> Musa if it's confirmed before 11:30 that he will play. Will allow me to go Oscar -> Hazard. Musa looked lightning quick in the friendlies he played.

Advertisement