Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Firmino/Vardy or Zlatan/Lamela?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

SantryRed wrote: »
    Only change I might make in the morning is Vardy -> Musa if it's confirmed before 11:30 that he will play. Will allow me to go Oscar -> Hazard. Musa looked lightning quick in the friendlies he played.

FFS have a 4 man mid & Okazaki starting behind Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

De Gea (Jakupovic)

Shaw, Evans, Morgan, Friend (Paredes)

Hazard, Firminho, Lamela, Siggy (Leko)

Aguero, Kane (Kone)

Just swapped Mkhitaryan and Eriksen for Hazard and Lamela...right decision?
    Also is Kone gunna start for Everton??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I've somehow ended up with 3m ITB and a team I'm happy with?

DDG (Jako)

Terry/ Stones/ Friend (Williams & Anat)

Barkley/ Lamela/ Redmond / Firmino (Delph)

Aguero/ Vardy / Gray

Benching Williams in GW1

Extra cash will be used to upgrade Vardy to Kane or Ibra if needed or Redmond/Delph if they stink the place up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Re Kone; Would be pretty special if he does seeing as he still plays for Sunderland.

• Advertisement

De Gea (Jakupovic)

Shaw, Evans, Morgan, Friend (Paredes)

Hazard, Firminho, Lamela, Siggy (Leko)

Aguero, Kane (Kone)

Just swapped Mkhitaryan and Eriksen for Hazard and Lamela...right decision?

Siggy not expected to start tomorrow apparently..

Aguero, Kane (Kone)

Would be pretty special if he does seeing as he still plays for Sunderland.

Think he means Arouna Kone playing as a FW. BTW, nothing to suggest he will, Lukaku nailed on, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu behind

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DipClub

Im stuck between Alli/Fletcher or Townsend/Redmond in midfield. My other three are Firmino - Barkley - Fabregas. Alli/Fletcher gives me another midfield captaincy option and leaves little of the budget on the bench, but Spacecraft/Redmond allows for better roation.

Any thoughts?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭SebastianT

Foster (Pickford)
    Terry Stones Shaw (Friend) (Amat)
    Hazard Deulofeu Tadic Firmino (Capoue)
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Happy enough with that but I'm seriously contemplating switch Deulofeu for Lingaard. Does anyone think he'll start? Not comfortable having no United attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

SebastianT wrote: »
    Foster (Pickford)
    Terry Stones Shaw (Friend) (Amat)
    Hazard Deulofeu Tadic Firmino (Capoue)
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Happy enough with that but I'm seriously contemplating switch Deulofeu for Lingaard. Does anyone think he'll start? Not comfortable having no United attackers.
    Anyone's guess. 50-50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Mr.SlumDuck

hogey143 wrote: »
    FPL_team.pnggif hosting

Okay I think I'm settled but any positive/negative feedback is very much appreciated.

Foster/Jaku is fairly template. Don't expect Jaku to start, will go with Foster who has a niceish start to the season.

Shaw as my 5.5 as United have a good start to the season, Mourinho's approach should see a few CS. Stones as City cover for 5.0 is a steal, will start too. Friend I don't know a lot about but Karanka seemingly has Boro playing for 1-0s so I hope they will get many cleenies.
    Kone I expect to move to Everton should be good for 4.5, Koeman will be good defensively and Amat is daycent as a 4.0 DF.

Mahrez, player of the season last year, nice easy fixtures, should do well v Hull. Hazard looks back to his best in pre season, more forward role hopefully flourish under Conte, Firmino expected to start up as false 9 or 10 behind Origi, the most outstanding from pre season. Redmond over Tadic is a big call, from Pules press conferences, he seems nailed on to start up front surprisingly enough and looked lively pre season. Leko as place holder 4.5

Aguero no brainer. Vardy, some season last year, didnt leave when expected to so obviously has a point to prove, goal last week and nice fixtures starting off. Gray 9 pre season goals (Still not sure whether its him or Negredo to punt on)

All in all, balanced enough, nothing left ITB.
    Worried about no United attacking coverage but I can't see value in Ibra 11.5 when theres Vardy, bit of a differential too.
    No Arsenal but cant see them starting well.
    No Spurs but could swap Vardy to Kane and downgrade midfield.

Any opinions very welcome!! :D

Iv a v similar team.

How do you plan on getting in Tadic for Redmond if he tanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Think he means Arouna Kone playing as a FW. BTW, nothing to suggest he will, Lukaku nailed on, Barkley, Mirallas, Deulofeu behind

Correct...also yeah, I guess I was just kind of hoping!

Iv a v similar team.

How do you plan on getting in Tadic for Redmond if he tanks..

Here's hoping he won't :P

Nah, I'll look to downgrade one of Firmino/Haz/Mahrez/Vardy depending on form, injuries, suspension. Last years GW1, Courtois getting sent off ruined everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Any opinions very welcome!! :D
    We have literally the same team :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

No more changes! I'm off to bed. And I won't make any last minute changes tomorrow. Definitely not. Absolutely, definitely will not.

De Gea
    Stones, Friend, McAuley
    Hazard, Mane, Alli, Redmond
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

Jakupovic, Kone, Francis, Capoue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Team I have atm is

Heaton

Shaw, Morgan, Stones

Firmino, Hazard, Townsend, Tadic

Gray, Vardy, Aguero

Foster, Friend, Evans, Capoue

Anyone any opinions on it?

We have literally the same team :D

I wish you all the best ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Finally cracked it! Going 4-3-3

Foster
    Valencia Stones Souare Friend
    Sanchez Firmino Hazard
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Jakupovic - Amat - Leko - Capoue

I'm not convinced by many of the mid-price midfielders so I've gone with all big hitters. Easy move then to downgrade an underperforming attacker to whichever mid-price gem emerges.

Also, happy with how the defence looks. The back 4 above will start for most of the first few weeks, with hopefully Amat coming in for Souare in GW2.

Bench is bargain basement stuff but hopefully they can contribute if needed for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Zlatan and Mahrez or Vardy and Hazard? Thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Starting lukaku. He owes me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Final draft I think, any suggestions are welcome. I really wanted Ibra in my team but he is just too expensive. I will probably regret it!

[IMG][/img]hrbt51.png

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Zlatan and Mahrez or Vardy and Hazard? Thoughts appreciated.

Vardy and Hazard for me. Vardy will get a goal against Hull I reckon and Hazard should have a much better season than last season. Ibra is over-priced I think so I'm going to go without him, at least from the start anyway.

Vardy and Hazard for me. Vardy will get a goal against Hull I reckon and Hazard should have a much better season than last season. Ibra is over-priced I think so I'm going to go without him, at least from the start anyway.

I've just decided to go with Ibra and Mahrez. Second thoughts now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I've just decided to go with Ibra and Mahrez. Second thoughts now :eek:

I wouldn't go without Mahrez anyway, my worry with Ibra is a potential price rise if he gets off to a flyer!

tony1980 wrote: »
    I wouldn't go without Mahrez anyway, my worry with Ibra is a potential price rise if he gets off to a flyer!

Think I have to go with Ibra.

I currently have 10 of your players so can't argue too much with your team. I've skimped more on my midfield trying to fit Ibra in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Final draft I think, any suggestions are welcome. I really wanted Ibra in my team but he is just too expensive. I will probably regret it!

[IMG][/img]hrbt51.png
    Payet is gonna be rested for the first game, guess he'll feature in the second one but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Ibra is owned by 40%,aguero 42 and de Gea 43%,he would not be the easiest to Transfer in if you don't start with him so i don't see any big rise as he is starting as the third most owned. I don't have him so am a little worried but he would not be the first big name signing to struggle in the pl. Then again it is ibra so i am worried.With such high ownership if he doesn't start well he could drop quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Gone with something a little different...I'm really thinking 5 GW's down the road with this one, especially with kind fixtures for my forwards - that's the thinking there. I've gone with big hitters in midfield (Mahrez, Mane, Townsend and ...yes Walcottt because he should start up front against Liverpool)

Defence speaks for itself, again thinking a few GW's down the road. Butland as GK - Standard!

Subs: Iwobi, Bellerin... (Don't want half my players involved in one game Pool v Arsenal) Walcott v Mane is enough for me. Friend is my third sub - Standard. Sub GK - Jak - 4.0 Keeper that plays, I'll have that.

Opinions? Mostly on benching Iwobi/Bellerin... should I opt for different bench players? Very confused on this one, maybe ship one out on account of being TOO arsenal dependent...

394251.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

...yes Walcottt because he should start up front against Liverpool)

Defence speaks for itself, again thinking a few GW's down the road. Butland as GK - Standard!

Butland is out injured and rumour has it Sanchez will more than likely start up front for Arsenal.

• Advertisement

WTF is this "Ibra" crap?

It's Zlatan to us mere mortals

Advertisement