Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

WTF is this "Ibra" crap?

It's Zlatan to us mere mortals

It's pronounced "God"

F1ngers wrote: »
    Butland is out injured and rumour has it Sanchez will more than likely start up front for Arsenal.

Jesus really? It's always a gamble, I'll have another look in the morning - I'm too drunk now.

I said "Butland" but meant Forster... jesus. The game is driving me to drink already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

have changed my draft again

foster

shaw stones amat

redmond hazard silva ibe

costa ibra kun

bench

jaku fletcher smith paeades

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Deulofeu (play) and Amat (5th Def)
    Or
    Bolaise and Kone [Sun](both hoping for transfer pick up in following weeks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

have changed my draft again

foster

shaw stones amat

redmond hazard silva ibe

costa ibra kun

bench

jaku fletcher smith paeades

I love Costa at his current price - and if you are WC in week 3 doesn't matter but I do think Lakaku will go to Chelsea and you will need to change Costa. A strong 3rd Def needed as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

WTF is this "Ibra" crap?

It's Zlatan to us mere mortals

Could give a new meaning to no bra day in Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Is this bad or a decent way to start, I just don't know anymore.

I think my defence is too premium, but I will be downgrading it in the early stages of the season(and probably upgrade Lenihan).
    And an early wildcard is being planned.

Courtois-(Jakopovic)

Shaw-Stones-Amat-(Baines-Lenihan(4th sub))

Sanchez-Mahrez-Redmond-Townsend-(Fletcher)

Aguero-Costa-Long

one 50-50 decision:
    Thinking of benching Baines tomorrow as feel Spurs may have a better chance of scoring (against Everton) than Burnley do against (Swansea-Amat)

Not happy about having double Southampton attack but noone else is really jumping out at me up front for 6.5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

shineon23 wrote: »
    Is this bad or a decent way to start, I just don't know anymore.

I think my defence is too premium, but I will be downgrading it in the early stages of the season(and probably upgrade Lenihan).
    And an early wildcard is being planned.

Courtois-(Jakopovic)

Shaw-Stones-Amat-(Baines-Lenihan(4th sub))

Sanchez-Mahrez-Redmond-Townsend-(Fletcher)

Aguero-Costa-Long

one 50-50 decision:
    Thinking of benching Baines tomorrow as feel Spurs may have a better chance of scoring (against Everton) than Burnley do against (Swansea-Amat)

Not happy about having double Southampton attack but noone else is really jumping out at me up front for 6.5.

Long to Gray, had a great pre-season.
    Template 6.5 striker hereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I said "Butland" but meant Forster... jesus. The game is driving me to drink already.

Get rid of Bailly he is a card maget! Go for Valencia possibly an assist machine this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Hi guys, any thoughts on the following.

Team is designed up until GW3-4 for wildcard after the International Break.

The main change I've made to the structure was to replace Firmino/Tadic/5.5M with Sanchez/Redmond/Capoue.

The goalkeepers are template. Foster has good early fixtures, Jakupovic is a playing 4.0 GK.

Defenders:
    I've gone with Valencia initially due to the fact Mourinho's teams utilise width from the full-backs and Valencia has picked up a few assists in preseason. Could easily be Shaw though.
    Morgan looks the most secure of the 5.0M defenders at the minute. Two good fixtures out of 3 and no doubts regarding starts (like Williams/ Funes Mori/Stones)
    Friend + Souare have nice fixtures and Amat is a playing 4.0 M for now.

Midfield:
    This is where I've made the most changes from template. Have included Hazard and Sanchez from the start given Hazard has looked back to his best in preseason and has a more advanced role in Conte's system. May start as a second striker in some games and if Oscar is out will have penalties.
    Sanchez should be upfront for Arsenal and could have had several goals v City in the friendly. On free-kicks and good OOP. Can be streaky but worth a punt for 3 weeks.
    Downgraded Tadic to Redmond based on Claude Puel's comments and the possibility of starting upfront.
    Have Lamela as my fourth midfielder. Seems the most up-to-speed of the Spurs squad in pre-season and couldn't afford Kane/Ali.
    Capoue will be bench fodder.

Strikers:
    Aguero is an auto captain option. Best player in the league and needs to be in almost every team.
    Vardy has great fixtures and looks sharp based on the Community Shield. Captain option v Hull given the disastrous preseason they've had.
    Gray looks the best of the promoted strikers and is in good form. Could be replaced with Carroll/Negredo/Long in future due to the flexibility in 6.5 M strikers.

The main potential weakness is the lack of Man Utd attacking coverage (Ibra) and the lack of flexibility in budget by bringing Sanchez in.

Almost identical to my team. I have Stones instead of Morgan. I think Stones will almost certainly start, but there's still very little in it. My thinking is that Leicester will be more exposed at the back without Kante in front of them.

I also have Kone over Soares. Kone is benched this weekend, but I'm holding onto him in the hopes he goes to Everton next week.

Worried about Zlatan, but I think the best bet is just to ignore what he does. Can't get him in next week without a hit, so might as well pretend he doesn't exist!

Worst case scenario, he explodes straight away, but very few will have him captained, and it's not like Vardy is a poor choice. I'm planning on wildcarding early anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tony1980 wrote: »
    Final draft I think, any suggestions are welcome. I really wanted Ibra in my team but he is just too expensive. I will probably regret it!

[IMG][/img]hrbt51.png

wouldnt start with payet, only bck a week and tough first fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IcedJade

Z1194QL.png

Would really appreciate opinions. Scared of no Leicester coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 36,220 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

IcedJade wrote: »
    Z1194QL.png

As you should be. But only GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Have tried to keep things pretty balanced:

Dea Gea (Jakupovic)
    Stones, Valencia, van Dijk (Evans, Friend)
    Hazard, Firmino, Redmond, Townsend (Capoue)
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

0.5 in bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭mosstin

Is Fraser Forster injured? Thought I saw someone mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Foster
    Stones Valencia Friend
    Hazard Martial Redmond Firminho
    Kun Vardy Gray

Jaku Capoue Evans Amat

Good to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

IcedJade wrote:

That's a very good team. Can't see how you can fit Vardy or Mahrez in without dropping one of your big guns.

Wait and see, if Hazard or Ibra font perform in the first couple of weeks you will be able to swap them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Well, here goes nothing:

vCDac74.png

Goalkeepers: With my outfield plans I pretty much had to keep it to 8.5. I'm a little bit concerned about having Burnley as my default goalkeeper, but I'm willing to risk it up to GW3 and a likely WC. I don't have a great feeling about Pulisball this season, so my gut is steering me away from Foster.

Defence: As budget as it gets. I'm obviously hoping that Kone gets his move to Everton; having him in there is obviously a risk with the rest of the defence so cheap. My overall hope here is that clean sheets are scarce in the opening weeks so that I'm not left behind by premium defences.

Midfield: Pretty mouth-watering if I do say so myself, though it is the reason for my budget backline. Sanchez being fit makes him almost auto-select for me, and the idea that he might be deployed up front initially cements that. I was tempted to save 0.5 on Firmino, but he is without a doubt the standout Liverpool attacker, and another one who is potentially OOP. I'm not as convinced about Redmond, but he is yet another midfielder who may be playing in attack, and he's being talked up by his new manager. I would have preferred Deulofeu here (another potential OOP mid!) but I just can't find that 0.5.

Attack: Well, there will be Zlatan fear, that goes without saying. But Vardy looked so bright last weekend, and the lure of Hull in the opening fixture helped to swing it. But ultimately it came down to saving 1.5 to accommodate Alexis. With my premium midfield it will just be two transfers to get him in if I realised that I've made a huge mistake. Gray pretty much speaks for himself, the FSA and my personal favourite option at 6.5.

Overall it's not without its risks, and my main concern is the lack of United players, but I think I'm just about happy to hit confirm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Is there a reason nobody seems to be picking Ighalo up front? I feel like I'm missing something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well, here goes nothing:

vCDac74.png

Goalkeepers: With my outfield plans I pretty much had to keep it to 8.5. I'm a little bit concerned about having Burnley as my default goalkeeper, but I'm willing to risk it up to GW3 and a likely WC. I don't have a great feeling about Pulisball this season, so my gut is steering me away from Foster.

Defence: As budget as it gets. I'm obviously hoping that Kone gets his move to Everton; having him in there is obviously a risk with the rest of the defence so cheap. My overall hope here is that clean sheets are scarce in the opening weeks so that I'm not left behind by premium defences.

Midfield: Pretty mouth-watering if I do say so myself, though it is the reason for my budget backline. Sanchez being fit makes him almost auto-select for me, and the idea that he might be deployed up front initially cements that. I was tempted to save 0.5 on Firmino, but he is without a doubt the standout Liverpool attacker, and another one who is potentially OOP. I'm not as convinced about Redmond, but he is yet another midfielder who may be playing in attack, and he's being talked up by his new manager. I would have preferred Deulofeu here (another potential OOP mid!) but I just can't find that 0.5.

Attack: Well, there will be Zlatan fear, that goes without saying. But Vardy looked so bright last weekend, and the lure of Hull in the opening fixture helped to swing it. But ultimately it came down to saving 1.5 to accommodate Alexis. With my premium midfield it will just be two transfers to get him in if I realised that I've made a huge mistake. Gray pretty much speaks for himself, the FSA and my personal favourite option at 6.5.

Overall it's not without its risks, and my main concern is the lack of United players, but I think I'm just about happy to hit confirm now.

I love that team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Of topic here lads... What are all those different colored Boxs under the subs names?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

gazump123 wrote: »
    Is there a reason nobody seems to be picking Ighalo up front? I feel like I'm missing something.

He dried up from after Christmas last season, then his fixtures are terrible: Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham and United all in Watford's first 5 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Of topic here lads... What are all those different colored Boxs under the subs names?

Rates the strength of each of the next 5 fixtures. Green is easy, red is hard and the others are shades in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Foster
    Stones Friend Van Dijk
    Eriksen Ayew Fabregas Mahrez (V)
    Gray Vardy Aguero (C)

Jakupovic Redmond Amat Parades

Thoughts on that? Nothing in the bank. No united and arsenal cover isn't really ideal but not sure who I would get rid of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

Woukd really appreciate sone advice on this.. Kone (Sun) + Fletcher + Erikson + Mahrez + Long + Carroll

OR

Van Aanholt + Tadic + Lamela + Cabaye + Vardy + Diomonde

Thinking former as I feel Vardy may not be as prolific this year with Mua a there too...

Also wondering about Carroll vs Wilson vs Negredo for that last spot up front.. Wilson was excellent last year before getting injured and Carroll finished season very well..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

gazump123 wrote: »
    Foster
    Stones Friend Van Dijk
    Eriksen Ayew Fabregas Mahrez (V)
    Gray Vardy Aguero (C)

Thoughts on that? Nothing in the bank. No united and arsenal cover isn't really ideal but not sure who I would get rid of.

Maybe change out Ayew.. Feghouli would be a cheaper way into team.. 2 milllion then to strengthen defence... Shaw or Terry for first few weeks could work out well

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

gazump123 wrote:
    Foster Stones Friend Van Dijk Eriksen Ayew Fabregas Mahrez (V) Gray Vardy Aguero (C)

gazump123 wrote:

gazump123 wrote:

Will ayew start?? What about Oscar for fab? Otherwise it's good. Much same as myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

De Gea
    Morgan Walker Bailly
    Siggurdsson Silva Cabaye Courtinho
    Kun (c) Kane Long

Jolly Boys Outing ready to go

Advertisement