Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

I suspect I've over spent on defence to the detriment of my midfield and bench.

Any love for Berahino ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I suspect I've over spent on defence to the detriment of my midfield and bench.

Any love for Berahino ??

I don't think you can have a strong defence AND Ibrahimovic. It's one or the other IMO.

No way I'd go into a season with Surman as my 4th mid.

Berahino not the worst idea, especially if he moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Current Draft:

De Gea (Jako)

Terry, Gabriel, Friend (Evan, PVA) ...... I think Terry and Gabriel represent good value into Arsenal and Chelsea defences. I like the look of Boro, hence Friend. Sunderland to be more solid under Moyes could make PVA a must have. And Evans....well Pulis!

Martial, Siggy, Fabregas, Fischer (Watmore)......I am surprised more people have not gone for Martial, when he is listed as a midfielder. Even if out on the wing, I think he is the type of player that will flourish under Mourinho. Flip of the coin between Siggy/Ayew. Swansea's first 2 fixtures are pretty tasty and I will be seriously considering a WC at GW3.
    With Kante beside him to do the donkey work, I think Fabregas could be a very good option, especially at that price. Should be on his fair share of set pieces too.
    Fischer/Watmore seem like a decent rotation pair. Again, I like the look of Boro and expect Fischer to get amongst the assists. Watmore has played up front in pre-season I believe, so may get amongst the goals. Obviously both are extremely punty, but they allow my strike force.

Aguero, Ibra, Austin.....Do not need to say anything more about the first two. I am not dead set to go on Ibra, but as it stands I am happy enough with the rest of the team to find room for him. Again WC in GW3 makes this gamble easier.
    Austin is one of a few 6.5m I am considering, as I am writing I am starting to consider Wilson more. I would have a slight concern about whether Austin/Long will share minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Robertson is attacking but the problem is the team he plays for. Can't see Hull keeping too many clean sheets. Oxford is a risk, Bilic could sign someone before the season starts.

I like the midfield picks. Bolasie is a bit of a risk but if he is a regular starter, he should weigh in with good point scores.

The attack is good too. Is your plan to rotate Gray, Wilson and Bolasie for the first few weeks?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Agreed on Robertson. I think I'll change him to be honest, I don't imagine when push came to shove I was ever gonna keep him. I think it's too risky having a Hull defender coming into a new season with a new manager IMO.

I think I'll keep Oxford until I see whats the plan with Bilic's new transfers.

With Bolasie, I've read some reports that he will be playing the number 10 role. I dunno if this is true yet so I'll do more homework before the season starts but if he is, happy days. I like the look of that Fischer guy for Boro too. Scored plenty of goals in the past and if he starts, should be a steal.

And yeah, the plan is to rotate them 3 going with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

If Robertson was with a different team I would seriously consider him, but it's looking like Hull are going to have a difficult season, so will be steering clear of their players until something suggests otherwise (even though I currently have Jako has my back up keeper).

Oxford could be an interesting one if he manages to secure a starting place, but would be too much of a risk for me starting off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Butland - Forster
    Shaw - Clyne - Stones - Cathcart - Olsson
    Tadic - Payet - De Bruyne - Townsend - Allen
    Aguero - Negredo - Long

My first draft, only keeping stones if he moves.
    Not sure on long either, but assume he has to be first choice at minute

My very first draft. NOTE: squad is based on playing WC after GW3

Foster/Heaton

Shaw/Terry/VVD/N.Taylor/Wilson

Mahrez/Mkhitaryan/Ayew/Tadic/Bolasie

Aguero/Gray/Carroll or a.n.other 6.5 with a good GW2 fixture

Logic:
    Keepers: Rotate perfectly, so gives me 3 home fixtures from teams who should be good defensively at home.

Defenders: a bit more expensive than I'd normally go. However VVD has 2 lovely home fixtures and Taylor has Hull in GW2 when VVD is at Old Trafford. Wilson is a low owned placeholder to generate funds elsewhere.

Midfielders: I'm going against my rule of no new PL players in my team by picking Mkhitaryan. Truth be told I ran out of cash for Hazard! I think Mahrez will start well but these two could become Hazard and Eriksen yet. Ayew and Tadic have nice fixtures and are capable of double digit scores. Bolasie might be playing as a '10' and has a goal in him.

Strikers: if I need to explain my Aguero pick I'm on the wrong forum :). Grey has 2 home fixtures and I'm not sold on anyone on the 7-9m range (looking at you Romelu). Carroll is a placeholder as he has a nice GW2 fixture when Tadic is at Man U.

All comments welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Benimar wrote: »
    My very first draft. NOTE: squad is based on playing WC after GW3

Foster/Heaton

Shaw/Terry/VVD/N.Taylor/Wilson

Mahrez/Mkhitaryan/Ayew/Tadic/Bolasie

Aguero/Gray/Carroll or a.n.other 6.5 with a

All comments welcome!
    really like this team am planning similar wc use.
    i would change heaton to a 4m keeper and upgrade mahrez to hazard
    also wilson for carroll if he rediscovers last year form may be a keeper
    also think smith might be a good 5th def. Best chance of playing 4m def and more chance gaining money than losing i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

opinions of this

http://imgur.com/a/rTmMS

[IMG][/img]rsz_marks.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

[IMG][/img]rsz_marks.jpg

c8981dd1d629795b4d74e859c7fd0f57.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Any luv out there?
    [URL="[img]http://i.imgur.com/TWfIDcb.jpg[/img]"]TWfIDcb.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Not sure about Negredo or Terry but pretty happy with what ive got for now

28bgqwl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

First draft RMT

Foster - Heaton

Terry - Fernandez - Friend - Robertson - Paredes

Mikki Ryan - Firmino - Hazard - Silva - Oviedo

Aguero - Ilheancho - Gray

My only worry is double handed Man City strikers. I just feel the young lad is a goal machine & Pep will have no problem playing based on age or reputation. Plus with Pep questioning Aguero's weight .. Think he'll have game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

bO0Mg6O.png

That is a pretty tasty midfield IMO, but I had to weaken the defence in order to do it. I had to do:

- Shaw & Gabriel out
    - Friend & Evans in

...in order to bring Coutinho in for Townsend. I'm not sure it was worth it, especially since Liverpool have a tough opening. I also brought Gray in for Negredo.

bO0Mg6O.png

That is a pretty tasty midfield IMO, but I had to weaken the defence in order to do it. I had to do:

- Shaw & Gabriel out
    - Friend & Evans in

...in order to bring Coutinho in for Townsend. I'm not sure it was worth it, especially since Liverpool have a tough opening. I also brought Gray in for Negredo.

I'd be happy with those changes made at this point in the season. Overall it may not but for now go with what you currently have (IMO)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Okay, here's my first draft that I have put any significant thought or time into. I suppose just to note here that this team is built with the first 3GW's in mind as I will be wildcarding during that international break ahead of GW4 unless I miraculously hit a home run with the below:

6340196606e760bb895e8f6387b30572.png

Goalkeepers: I'm happy to go as cheap as possible here and a pick for Foster is a pick for Pulis, and a pick for Pulis is a pick for clean sheets. They open the season with 2 home games out of the first 3, taking on pal, EVE, and newly promoted MID. Jakupovic should start the season as Hull's #1 due to injury and while I'd expect them to have a very rough season, he gives me a playing bench option at the cheapest price possible for a few weeks. You can't ask for more than that.

Defenders: I had it in my mind to go as cheap as possible in defence with 4 or 5 £4.5m options as I remember saying to myself last year that I was never going to put significant investment into my DEF early on, however, I did some research last week that actually showed the average amount of clean sheets for premium options over the first 3 weeks of a season is 2. That's worth investment IMO, despite there being obvious flaws in what I came up with. Conte and Mourinho should have both their sides very solid and the nice early fixtures for both looks set to give them the a great opportunity to claim clean sheets. Due to injuries, I think Terry for the first 3 weeks and then switching to Zouma for the season looks a strong move if things go as planned, while Shaw should also be a season keeper. Boro kept clean sheets in almost 50% of their games last season and had 9 in a row at one stage. Obviously it's a huge step up, but Karanka loves to keep things nice and tight and STO, sun, wba gives them a solid start. I would expect Soure to be one of the first I ship out after GW3, but there's simply not many other £4.5m DEF with a better first 3 games than WBA, tot, BOU, though Swansea coverage is a consideration here too with bur, HUL, lei. I'm happy to roll with a £4m DEF who may play in Smith though I'll consider him non-playing for the purposes of planning.

That defence will give me the following games for the first 3 weeks. Terry and Shaw obviously playing constantly:

GW1 - WHM, WBA, bou with the bench option giving me STO
    GW2 - SOU, wat, sun with the bench option giving me tot
    GW3 - BUR, hul, BOU with the bench option giving me wba

I think Zouma, Shaw and Stones (when he inevitably moves to City) will ultimately be 3 cracking DEF options for the season and a kind enough price too.

Midfield: De Bruyne doesn't need explaining, especially with SUN, sto, WHM to play in weeks 1-3. Tadic admittedly didn't immediately register on my radar, but I read from those far more knowledgeable than me on Southampton that their new gaffer will line up with him playing as a #10 at the tip of a diamond. He should also have their penalties and a bulk of set pieces. With 8 goals and 13 assists last season despite only starting 20 odd games, he looks great value at £7.5m for the first 3 weeks with home games against WAT and SUN. Ayew should start as a striker for Swansea and with 2 games against promoted sides in bur and HUL to open the season, he looks a nice option for those planning an early wildcard. Interest from West Ham needs to be monitored of course, but there's a plethora of attractive options in this price range it's pretty much a straight swap to someone else if he leaves. Townsend ended last season on fire and has the pace to kill teams on the counter attack which should ensure he fits right in at Palace. Probably not someone I could see in my team long term if I'm honest, but WBA, tot and BOU are a good way to find out if he's a long term option. Capoue is the £4.5m placeholder.

Strikers: Not much explanation needed here. Aguero is simply must have. There's a slight risk with Ibrahimovic and Mourinho's propensity (or lack of) for attacking, but the way I see it is I'd much rather be on him early and able to downgrade to literally anyone else if things go south as opposed to trying to scramble to fit him in. They'll be partnered by a £6.5m option that I haven't decided upon yet, but Negredo holds that spot for now.

Any thoughts or critique is most welcome lads so fire away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mourinho doesn't actually keep many cleanies early on:
    2013-14: 2 cleanies in first 10 matches
    2014-15: 3 cleanies in first 10 matches
    2015-16: 3 cleanies in first 10 matches

Smalling is also suspended GW1, so won't be first choice backline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2013/2014 was 2 clean sheets in the first 3 games though and he had 1 from the first 3 in 2014/2015. I'm willing to write 2015/2016 off as an anomaly.

With bou, SOU and hul in their first 3 games, I'm happy enough to take the chance and review it then. Though I'd expect Shaw, Zouma and Stones (presuming he moves to City) will be my 3 plug in and play DEF's come GW4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Smalling will serve ban in Community shield won't he ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    Okay, here's my first draft that I have put any significant thought or time into. I suppose just to note here that this team is built with the first 3GW's in mind as I will be wildcarding during that international break ahead of GW4 unless I miraculously hit a home run with the below:

Goalkeepers: I'm happy to go as cheap as possible here and a pick for Foster is a pick for Pulis, and a pick for Pulis is a pick for clean sheets. They open the season with 2 home games out of the first 3, taking on pal, EVE, and newly promoted MID. Jakupovic should start the season as Hull's #1 due to injury and while I'd expect them to have a very rough season, he gives me a playing bench option at the cheapest price possible for a few weeks. You can't ask for more than that.

Defenders: I had it in my mind to go as cheap as possible in defence with 4 or 5 £4.5m options as I remember saying to myself last year that I was never going to put significant investment into my DEF early on, however, I did some research last week that actually showed the average amount of clean sheets for premium options over the first 3 weeks of a season is 2. That's worth investment IMO, despite there being obvious flaws in what I came up with. Conte and Mourinho should have both their sides very solid and the nice early fixtures for both looks set to give them the a great opportunity to claim clean sheets. Due to injuries, I think Terry for the first 3 weeks and then switching to Zouma for the season looks a strong move if things go as planned, while Shaw should also be a season keeper. Boro kept clean sheets in almost 50% of their games last season and had 9 in a row at one stage. Obviously it's a huge step up, but Karanka loves to keep things nice and tight and STO, sun, wba gives them a solid start. I would expect Soure to be one of the first I ship out after GW3, but there's simply not many other £4.5m DEF with a better first 3 games than WBA, tot, BOU, though Swansea coverage is a consideration here too with bur, HUL, lei. I'm happy to roll with a £4m DEF who may play in Smith though I'll consider him non-playing for the purposes of planning.

That defence will give me the following games for the first 3 weeks. Terry and Shaw obviously playing constantly:

I think Zouma, Shaw and Stones (when he inevitably moves to City) will ultimately be 3 cracking DEF options for the season and a kind enough price too.

Midfield: De Bruyne doesn't need explaining, especially with SUN, sto, WHM to play in weeks 1-3. Tadic admittedly didn't immediately register on my radar, but I read from those far more knowledgeable than me on Southampton that their new gaffer will line up with him playing as a #10 at the tip of a diamond. He should also have their penalties and a bulk of set pieces. With 8 goals and 13 assists last season despite only starting 20 odd games, he looks great value at £7.5m for the first 3 weeks with home games against WAT and SUN. Ayew should start as a striker for Swansea and with 2 games against promoted sides in bur and HUL to open the season, he looks a nice option for those planning an early wildcard. Interest from West Ham needs to be monitored of course, but there's a plethora of attractive options in this price range it's pretty much a straight swap to someone else if he leaves. Townsend ended last season on fire and has the pace to kill teams on the counter attack which should ensure he fits right in at Palace. Probably not someone I could see in my team long term if I'm honest, but WBA, tot and BOU are a good way to find out if he's a long term option. Capoue is the £4.5m placeholder.

Strikers: Not much explanation needed here. Aguero is simply must have. There's a slight risk with Ibrahimovic and Mourinho's propensity (or lack of) for attacking, but the way I see it is I'd much rather be on him early and able to downgrade to literally anyone else if things go south as opposed to trying to scramble to fit him in. They'll be partnered by a £6.5m option that I haven't decided upon yet, but Negredo holds that spot for now.

Looks very solid throughout. I'm very similar in defence but may copy the Jakupovic as second keeper to Foster idea saving the 0.5. Otherwise I have Hazard over KdB and Gray over Negredo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Very solid and well thought out team and also very similar to what I'm aiming for. I want Lamela in over Townsend, who I'm hoping kicks on again this year. His under lying numbers last year were very good. But that leaves me short for KDB, so I have Silva at the moment. Still some decisions to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yeah, but 3 matches is a pretty small sample size. He historically doesn't tighten up his defense until November or so
    km79 wrote: »
    Smalling will serve ban in Community shield won't he ?

Nope, Community Shield doesn't count as an official match.

Looks very strong and quite similar to mine, I dont have Zlatan,KDB,Townsand,Negrado. Instead I have Lukaku,Hazard.Mkhitaryan,Gray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Plus with Pep questioning Aguero's weight .. Think he'll have game time

Was it not Nasri's weight rather than Aguero's that was an issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I like the look of it and although my personal are slightly different I have gone with a similiar line up.

I too want a MID defender as possible back up to 3 Prem defenders. Is Friend the most nailed on of the MID back four?
    (That's who I have but I know nothing of them).

opinions of this

http://imgur.com/a/rTmMS

Would appreciate opinions of this please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Another draft

Goalkeepers

De Gea: 5.5M
    Pope: 4.0M

Defenders
    Ward: 4.5M
    Amat: 4.0M
    Van Aanholt: 5.0M
    Fernandez: 4.5M
    Cameron: 4.5M

Midfield

De Bruyne: 10.5M
    Payet: 9.5M
    Mahrez: 9.5M (It was a toss up with Ozil)
    Fabregas: 7.5M
    Wanyama: 5.0M

Striker
    Aguero: 13.0M
    Lukaku: 9.0M
    Rhodes: 6.0M

Will play 343 or 352.

What do ye think be as harsh as ye want as long as there is some advice also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Another draft

Goalkeepers

De Gea: 5.5M
    Pope: 4.0M

Defenders
    Ward: 4.5M
    Amat: 4.0M
    Van Aanholt: 5.0M
    Fernandez: 4.5M
    Cameron: 4.5M

Midfield

De Bruyne: 10.5M
    Payet: 9.5M
    Mahrez: 9.5M (It was a toss up with Ozil)
    Fabregas: 7.5M
    Wanyama: 5.0M

Striker
    Aguero: 13.0M
    Lukaku: 9.0M
    Rhodes: 6.0M

Will play 343 or 352.

What do ye think be as harsh as ye want as long as there is some advice also

Don't pick Wanyama. Not guaranteed to play and doesn't get points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Would appreciate opinions of this please

Solid all-round except for the trolliness of Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Andre Gray hat-trick today vs Rangers...very tempting to get him in now ahead of Long

Team below is based on a WC around week 6 or 7.

Don't plan on much rotation.

Will play 3-4-3 (or 3-5-2 if Gray struggles for goals early days).

United, City, Chelsea Arsenal defence of;

DDG - will play all games.
    (Jakupovic)

Sagna
    Terry
    Gabriel

Friend (boro) as cover.
    5th defender will be a 4m and won't play.

Fabregas
    Ayew
    Tadic
    Delefalou
    (Bolasie)

Aguero
    Kane
    Grey

If Gray struggles to adapt to EPL I'll sell in week 3 or 4 for Carroll, Austin or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

First quick draft

De Gea Jakupovic

Azpilicueta PVA Morgan Evans Lenihan

Mahrez Fabergas Boyd Sliva Watson

Aguero Ibrahimovic Valencia

Will be making a few changes id say, mostly the cheaper guys.
    Maybe change up the keepers also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

ZzFS1Vk.png

Latest draft with Ibra and Hazard added. Getting there slowly I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

GK - Courtois & Pickford
    Def - Terry, Shaw, Evans, Wollscheid, Kone
    Mid - KDB, Mkhit, Hazard, Tadic, Cook
    Fwd - Aguero, Gray, Diomande

Thoughts? Swaying more towards a heavy midfield, other two strikers are pretty poor but happy with my defence overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

First RMT post how am I looking? 1.5 ITB, Ayew could well become Firmino, Jaku to Foster or Evans to Baines or VVD :)Mxlme0D.png

CSWS101 wrote: »
    GK - Courtois & Pickford
    Def - Terry, Shaw, Evans, Wollscheid, Kone
    Mid - KDB, Mkhit, Hazard, Tadic, Cook
    Fwd - Aguero, Gray, Diomande

Thoughts? Swaying more towards a heavy midfield, other two strikers are pretty poor but happy with my defence overall.

I dont see how you can play anything other than 4 at the back with that team. Your 5th mid is too weak to have 2 cheap forwards.

Maybe downgrade Courtois and one of your defenders and get a stronger 5th mid, maybe Bolasie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Will probley change one or two but just wondering is there anything in particular anyone notices i could work on??

GK : De Gea
    Defense : Terry / Evans / Stones
    Midfield : Hazard / Mkhitaryan / Townsend / Redmond
    Forwards : Gray / Aguero / Ibra

Subs : Jakupovic / Brad Smith / Darren Flecher / Doel Fry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Draft 1 is complete,25 more to be done

De gea

Stones Terry Evans

Ibe Mikhi Antonio Mane

Kun Giroud Carroll

Heaton, Friend, B Smith, Redmond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

De Gea

Valencia Stones McAuley

Sigurdsson Mahrez Ozil Payet

Giroud Rooney Rhodes

Valdes, Morgan, Parades, Hojberg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Will probley change one or two but just wondering is there anything in particular anyone notices i could work on??

A pretty weak bench, IMO. Which means you're relying on Townsend and Redmond a lot. I know theyre popular here but I'd only risk one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ShaneU wrote: »
    De Gea

Valencia Stones McAuley

Sigurdsson Mahrez Ozil Payet

Giroud Rooney Rhodes

Valdes, Morgan, Parades, Hojberg

Very strong midfield in fairness but in your DF I'd prefer Shaw over Valencia myself. Doubling up on defense can be risky but United have favourable fixtures so could work out well! Not sold on Giroud, better options IMO. Nice team all the same.

Plus Giroud is meant to miss GW1 according to some gooners who post regularly here

A back 3 of Stones/Terry/Evans seems to be popular.

A pretty weak bench, IMO. Which means you're relying on Townsend and Redmond a lot. I know theyre popular here but I'd only risk one of them.

Ya there the two I'm unsure about. I'm not arsed about the bench seeing as most cheap players ain't gonna make much of a mark anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Haven't spent long picking out a team yet but I'm happy enough with the shape of this team. Not sure if overkill with Mandanda in goals when I have a premium Man Utd goalkeeper instead. Burnley defender or Boro? I don't know much about these clubs at all. I think Hazard is a must have. Had to have Del boy in my team again, especially since my team name is 'JusticeforDeulofeu' :D

De Gea Mandanda

Terry Stones Gabriel McAuley Friend

Hazard Payet Deulofeu Bolasie Siggy

Aguero Gray Long

Team below is based on a WC around week 6 or 7.

Don't plan on much rotation.

Will play 3-4-3 (or 3-5-2 if Gray struggles for goals early days).

United, City, Chelsea Arsenal defence of;

DDG - will play all games.
    (Jakupovic)

Sagna
    Terry
    Gabriel

Friend (boro) as cover.
    5th defender will be a 4m and won't play.

Fabregas
    Ayew
    Tadic
    Delefalou
    (Bolasie)

Aguero
    Kane
    Grey

If Gray struggles to adapt to EPL I'll sell in week 3 or 4 for Carroll, Austin or similar.

If any of the Premium midfielders catch fire you could find yourself ripping that team up fairly sharpish as you'd need a complete overhaul to get some of them in

No KDB, Hazard, Silva, Mikki Ryan etc...

Too many mid-price midfielder is very risky imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I really think Andre Gray is going to be this years Ighalo. Burnley could struggle and will be hoping he can produce the goals similar to Charlie Austin with QPR a few years back. 8 goals already in pre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is actually quite close to where I was heading. I like the balance between 2 big mids and 2 cheap. In an Aguero + Ibra team as I see it you can either go this way or go for 1 premium mid and 2 mid range (Tadic etc) and one cheaper like Redmond/ Townsend.

What I fear about the latter is the inflexibility to get in one of the many 9.5 range guys if they fire early. With the 2 expensive/2 cheap I think there's more flexibility as you can switch yhe 9.5 mid to any 9.5 or a 8.5 or 7.5 if they look essential. Flexibility in early season especially is king in my book.

I've spent a bit less at the back at this stage too. New managers, new attackers. Clean sheets can be less frequent early on.

So, yes you are relying on Townsend / Redmond but it's a good team for me, and with the flexibility to move onto the early bandwagons.

FHFC wrote: »
    This is actually quite close to where I was heading. I like the balance between 2 big mids and 2 cheap. In an Aguero + Ibra team as I see it you can either go this way or go for 1 premium mid and 2 mid range (Tadic etc) and one cheaper like Redmond/ Townsend.

What I fear about the latter is the inflexibility to get in one of the many 9.5 range guys if they fire early. With the 2 expensive/2 cheap I think there's more flexibility as you can switch yhe 9.5 mid to any 9.5 or a 8.5 or 7.5 if they look essential. Flexibility in early season especially is king in my book.

I've spent a bit less at the back at this stage too. New managers, new attackers. Clean sheets can be less frequent early on.

So, yes you are relying on Townsend / Redmond but it's a good team for me, and with the flexibility to move onto the early bandwagons.

I've been finding it a lot harder to put a team together this year. I really dunno what to do with lesister players either. It seems so weird having no one from a title winning side in your team!

• Advertisement
Advertisement