Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Friend is template as well

Yep, completely agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    Yep, completely agree.

he is currently also holding a place in my team
    will someone tell me why !???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Contrary to my post in the general thread:

How long before Sanchez starts getting mentioned as he's due to play this weekend along with Ramsey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I've got Schmeichel in goal - breaking the mould or stupidity? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Here's where I'm at. It's a bit templately at the moment.

Valdes / Jakupovic
    Stones / Evans / Friend / Francis / Paredes
    Mahrez / Mkhitaryan / Tadic / Townsend / Kightly
    Aguero / Ibra / Gray

0.5 in the bank

I never get my goalie selections right so just keeping it cheap for now and see what develops.

Stones and Evans are in there in the hope/expectation of a move to bigger clubs but seem decent value regardless. Paredes is bench fodder. Torn between Francis and Ake. Friend seems to be a popular choice in the price bracket.

Mahrez has to be there at least for the Hull match. Mkhitaryan might go for Hazard. Have a good feeling about Tadic. Townsend is a throw of the dice - think if he starts well he's a keeper. If not there's plenty more fish in the sea. Kightly is bench fodder.

Front three is template.

Comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Oh yes of course sorry the foxes have back to back home games after that so I should have known !
    I'm sitting down properly tomorrow to have one good go at it
    Then tear it all up next week
    Fuchs Is 5.5 thought he was 5
    That's a shame

I'm waiting till next week. Its pointless doing it too seriously before now. The last set of friendlies and the charity shield will see people make lots of changes. Vardy or mahrez scoring will see ownership soar. Rooney or Martial scoring will see people move towards them. Ive tinkered with my team a bit but compared to previous seasons I'm very chilled out about the whole thing so far. Next week will be a different story I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm waiting till next week. Its pointless doing it too seriously before now. The last set of friendlies and the charity shield will see people make lots of changes. Vardy or mahrez scoring will see ownership soar. Rooney or Martial scoring will see people move towards them. Ive tinkered with my team a bit but compared to previous seasons I'm very chilled out about the whole thing so far. Next week will be a different story I'd imagine.

Exactly the same. I wore myself out picking teams last year and its a waste of time. Swore I wouldn't do that this year and I haven't. I picked a team. Made couple of changes to defence. Swapped in Mahrez and thats it. Have hardly logged into site, but keeping a good eye on here and on twitter.

I'm fairly happy with the team as it stands too. But the real test will be the Charity Shield and the final week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Friend is template as well
    Who is this guy by the way? How come he's in so many teams? Is he even a starter for £4.5m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

iroced wrote: »
    Who is this guy by the way? How come he's in so many teams? Is he even a starter for £4.5m?

Boro defender. Seems to be nailed on in a team that had a good defence in the lower division, and have good fixtures to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Currently going with:

Mandanda*/Pickford

Azpil*/Shaw*/Evans*/Funes Mori/Friend

Tadic*/De Bruyne*/Mkhitaryan*/Adomah/Bolasie*

Aguero*/Negredo*/Grey

*indicates my locked-in starters. Rest rotated on home GW's etc.....Funes Mori in instead of Evans for season opener, 3-4-3 set up

With 1.0 left in the bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iroced wrote: »

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fcs-premier-league-xi-11690638

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Was thinking of Swapping Mkhitaryan for KdB id really appreciate any thoughts on my team thanks in advance lads

vovmgp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Currently going with:

Mandanda*/Pickford

Azpil*/Shaw*/Evans*/Funes Mori/Friend

Tadic*/De Bruyne*/Mkhitaryan*/Adomah/Bolasie*

Aguero*/Negredo*/Grey

*indicates my locked-in starters. Rest rotated on home GW's etc.....Funes Mori in instead of Evans for season opener, 3-4-3 set up

With 1.0 left in the bank.

Why are you leaving that 1m in the bank? surely use it to upgrade bolasie or adomah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Guys opinions on this please:

GK: De Gea , Jaku

Defenders: Shaw, Friend, Baines, Smith, Paredes

Midfielders: Ibe, Fabregas, Siggy, Payet, Feghouili

Strikers: Aguero, Ibra, Long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Guys opinions on this please:

GK: De Gea , Jaku

Defenders: Shaw, Friend, Baines, Smith, Paredes

Midfielders: Ibe, Fabregas, Siggy, Payet, Feghouili

Strikers: Aguero, Ibra, Long

Defence is a bit weak. I would downgrade Ibe to a 4.5 mid like Capoue and upgrade Paredes to a better defender. Also Payet may not be ready for GW1 as he was allowed extra time off after the Euros. I would also switch Fabregas for Tadic as I think he'll have a good start. Otherwise it's grand.

EDIT: Noticed you have Long already so double Saints probably not a good idea. Maybe Fab to Tadic and Long to Gray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

First serious draft for me, pretty set on frontline.

[url] https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qt02k8hou0feg0/fplDailyZlatan.url?dl=0[/url]

dahat wrote: »
    First serious draft for me, pretty set on frontline.

[url] https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qt02k8hou0feg0/fplDailyZlatan.url?dl=0[/url]

Solid team, only issue for me would be Wasilewski. I doubt he'll play. Maybe Brad Smith would be a better pick for a 4m defender. Otherwise can't really fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any feedback on this first draft:

Foster/Jakupovic

Shaw/Terry/Friend/Evans/Fernandez
    Siggy/Cesc/Feghouli/Mahrez/Redmond
    Aguero/Zlatan/Gray

• Advertisement

Any feedback on this first draft:

Foster/Jakupovic

Shaw/Terry/Friend/Evans/Fernandez
    Siggy/Cesc/Feghouli/Mahrez/Redmond
    Aguero/Zlatan/Gray

Decent imo. Again I'm all for Tadic to start off with, I think he's a cracking player and great value at 7.5m. Redmond and Feghouli aren't 100% nailed on and Cesc may have a deeper role under Conte. I would try to fit Tadic in there anyway.

Brief tinker with all the Tadic love getting in my head..... :(

Which is better?

A
    Foster/Jak
    Terry, Shaw, Friend, Souare, Smith
    Hazard, Mahrez, Andros, Redmond, Leko
    Agüero, Ibrahimovic, Gray

B
    Foster/Jak
    Terry, Stones, Friend, Souare, Smith
    Hazard, Mahrez, Tadic, Feghouli, Leko

No mids under 6.0 that really inspire much confidence is the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

FHFC wrote: »
    Brief tinker with all the Tadic love getting in my head..... :(

Which is better?

A
    Foster/Jak
    Terry, Shaw, Friend, Souare, Smith
    Hazard, Mahrez, Andros, Redmond, Leko

B
    Foster/Jak
    Terry, Stones, Friend, Souare, Smith
    Hazard, Mahrez, Tadic, Feghouli, Leko

No mids under 6.0 that really inspire much confidence is the problem.

Umm, it's a tough one, the problem with B is the lack of utd cover at the back, this under Mourinho is an absolute must for me, and have strongly considered doubling up with DDG and Shaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Solid team, only issue for me would be Wasilewski. I doubt he'll play. Maybe Brad Smith would be a better pick for a 4m defender. Otherwise can't really fault it.

Good feedback, any old 4.0 is what i was after really.

Made some changes, my second draft:

Thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Darrenon91

Stones/Tadic

or

Baines/Lamela??

• Advertisement

Darrenon91 wrote: »
    Stones/Tadic

or

Baines/Lamela??

Stones/Tadic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

First pick posted for posterity
    Courtois
    Azpi, Daniels,Shaw
    Ayew,Martial, Townsend,Davis
    Aguero / Ibra / Ighalo
    Subs Heaton, Wasi, Browning,Kirchoff.

Current team
    Foster,
    Terry,Coleman,Valencia,
    Kante,Mahrez,Hazard,Davis,
    Aguero,Ibra, Gray,
    Subs Heaton,Daniels,Capoue,Wasi.

patmac wrote: »
    First pick posted for posterity
    Courtois
    Azpi, Daniels,Shaw
    Ayew,Martial, Townsend,Davis
    Aguero / Ibra / Ighalo
    Subs Heaton, Wasi, Browning,Kirchoff.

Current team
    Foster,
    Terry,Coleman,Valencia,
    Kante,Mahrez,Hazard,Davis,
    Aguero,Ibra, Gray,
    Subs Heaton,Daniels,Capoue,Wasi.

I dont see the point of having Kante - as he has such high ownership he may drop too, but mainly he wont score many points. Hard to call if Valencia will start too? Maybe downgrade your defence a bit as your mid is weak. I would go smith over Wasi as he won't play I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSWS101 wrote:
    I dont see the point of having Kante - as he has such high ownership he may drop too, but mainly he wont score many points. Hard to call if Valencia will start too? Maybe downgrade your defence a bit as your mid is weak. I would go smith over Wasi as he won't play I don't think.

Smith won't play either while at least Wasi will play GW1

spock. wrote: »
    Smith won't play either while at least Wasi will play GW1

you reckon Ake will start? Is the new lad hernandez not a CB? Hard to call who will play between him and Wasi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSWS101 wrote:
    you reckon Ake will start? Is the new lad hernandez not a CB? Hard to call who will play between him and Wasi.

Daniels will play LB surely?
    Hmm didn't know Leicester signed another CB, I'm not going with a 4.0 anyway

Hernandez is likely to play, Wasi benched.

Made some changes, my second draft:

Thoughts??

Bumpity bump

havI got hazard and mahrez along with Kun and zlatan is making the rest of the front 8 tricky
    That extra .5 for hazard compared to some others is a real pain ! He may not make the final cut cos I'm now leaning toward a strong front 8 for first 3 game weeks as Grays fixtures are not exactly brilliant and I would prefer not so start Redmond gw 2 either if I go for him over tadic
    I wouldn't bench tadic as he is on pens possibly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

4dc37afa47.jpg

How can this be bettered? I think I'm settled on the above, I have a few concerns

1. Should I upgrade Lukaku and dgrade in midfield/defence to get in Zlatan

2. Have I picked the right 10.0/9.5 midfielder? Hkmitaryan stats were great last year but hes new to the league and Hazard was awful last year, I was very tempted to get in Mahrez or Payet, Martial is another one on the radar. I don't expect Leicester to be as good this year , no one does so Mahrez wont score as highly

UPDATE

Since Ayew will probably be leaving Swansea plus the fact they have signed Llorente , Ayew has been swapped for Siggy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

How can this be bettered? I think I'm settled on the above, I have a few concerns

1. Should I upgrade Lukaku and dgrade in midfield/defence to get in Zlatan

2. Have I picked the right 10.0/9.5 midfielder? Hkmitaryan stats were great last year but hes new to the league and Hazard was awful last year, I was very tempted to get in Mahrez or Payet, Martial is another one on the radar. I don't expect Leicester to be as good this year , no one does so Mahrez wont score as highly

UPDATE

Since Ayew will probably be leaving Swansea plus the fact they have signed Llorente , Ayew has been swapped for Siggy

Looks good, my only comment was going to be replace Ayew with Siggy because he's likely very unsettled at the moment even if he does stay, plus they just signed Llorente and Ayew returns best when up top. Siggy has set-pieces and is generally just a solid fantasy player.

Foster Jakupovic
    Taylor Friend Shaw Souare Gabriel

Hazard Eriksen Delofeu Redmond Capoue

Ibra Kun Musa

Comments on this anyone? Plan on using my wild card early so only looking at first 3 GWs. Not afraid of punting on Redmond/Musa given their fairly kind fixtures, if any of the 5.5-6.5m mids/strikers deliver in GW1 I can always offload them as to not miss rises... although hopefully they are the 2 punts that deliver :pac: Not keen on Taylor but they have Hull in GW2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

V6fireIVrbLr4tsL1F8Hab_155M8mhWMvAGrQ4fcioVS0y3ykwHShACX4AEie6S3vwOFX68LO5JSaN6DDbattRI4BK2YeNNyX-1EP_RbVPMCVQETSBRDn6k5elHJm3TSfnpCTala_HdxgJ3VBCR94s-_6iGPldpQ6ZpU-lXO1oTjvC20Z23kn6H1mo2Q1QPuIah_OF-B_MppPObeZWIZ_yDwW13AjeTXBLh2qj7wnDPGrMO9ECj140E2xdZs4ggKMYbJkjBHZDcvq7cpSVCAS0nzTw2f3uP6Sth_CSpSTTwZjW4FKPeGYIIhwkKk8SaE0FM2BCYt--BnywKj9cxrrEb76QNyOt6JVGAnHB9irHVMUm1fr1DmYRFUMKNTsPaRlx5aBUanFOngnPC33KCjKZwrENGdfoOQrZLKgcvaiXsVdtkD_ILCsNEoW2ApjAxhUmn6AcR1MFZ5OnnAanXN-6McQlXbo_y-dGHcWOwGNFzxdSvRhkZBXrlMsN3O5phrp1C350YEuNKu6eQK2N6wihDLFMIzI2iWSl2kVTlCHSLUXonQ8AUhZkHh5ClljLl_4mSP5g4tr_zqU3qO4mViGPyw-1pIHWo=w649-h444-no

Discuss

Discuss[/quote]
    foster / jaku
    Shaw Stones (any 5ml not had time to look) friend kone Wilson
    fabregas siggy Townsend redmond leko
    aguero zlatan Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

manual_man wrote: »

Discuss
    You won't be leaving anything on the bench anyway.

Too much invested in 4 players but if it works out you'll be a hero. Too risky for me.

jive wrote: »
    Looks good, my only comment was going to be replace Ayew with Siggy because he's likely very unsettled at the moment even if he does stay, plus they just signed Llorente and Ayew returns best when up top. Siggy has set-pieces and is generally just a solid fantasy player.

Foster Jakupovic
    Taylor Friend Shaw Souare Gabriel

Hazard Eriksen Delofeu Redmond Capoue

Ibra Kun Musa

Comments on this anyone? Plan on using my wild card early so only looking at first 3 GWs. Not afraid of punting on Redmond/Musa given their fairly kind fixtures, if any of the 5.5-6.5m mids/strikers deliver in GW1 I can always offload them as to not miss rises... although hopefully they are the 2 punts that deliver :pac: Not keen on Taylor but they have Hull in GW2.

I think your midfield is an uncertainty so is musa its definitely missing one of the 9.5 priced midfielders, Mahrez, MK, Martial or Payet, one or more of them is going to tear it up

• Advertisement

Discuss
    foster / jaku
    aguero zlatan Kane[/QUOTE]

Too top heavy, someone cheaper is going to big there or there abouts

Discuss
    foster / jaku
    aguero zlatan Kane

The problem with this type of team is that if any mid over 8m fires GW1 you are in trouble.

It has GW2 wildcard written all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Mandana Jakupovic

Shaw Baines Friend Evans Smith

Mahrez Mkhitaryan Townsend Deulofeu Jedinak

Aguero Ibra Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

What are the thoughts on this team

De Gea Jakupovic

Fernandez Alderweireld Shaw Friend Wollsheid

Mkhitaryan Mahrez Townsend Siggy Downing

Aguero Long Gray

lfc200 wrote: »

De Gea Jakupovic

Aguero Long Gray

All good except Downing for me - didn't exactly rip it up in the Championship so would be too confident he'll have any impact in the PL.

lfc200 wrote: »

De Gea Jakupovic

Aguero Long Gray

All good except Downing for me - didn't exactly rip it up in the Championship so would be too confident he'll have any impact in the PL.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Thanks... No doubt I'll juggle it around some more again before season starts...

Mandana Jakupovic

Shaw Baines Friend Evans Smith

Mahrez Mkhitaryan Townsend Deulofeu Jedinak

Aguero Ibra Gray

I think you should switch your 4.5 mid. Jedinak is not likely to start, I think Pardew will go with McArthur and Cabaye against West Brom. Capoue seems to be the man for the bench fodder midfield pick. Rest of the team is pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rumours Jedinak is Villa bound.

• Advertisement

right my first and nearly final draft bar switching out a few mids and maybe defenders in same price range
    this is a team for game weeks 1-3 ONLY I will be wildcarding after that due to the incredible amount of uncertainty this year
    game week 2 has me worried though as I'll have both VVD and redmond away to united which is far from ideal
    I do have .5 kept back in case redmond needs to go and I could bring in Gerard D
    I've left hazard too but mahrez could also become him with that .5
    I have also looked at tadic and Townsend instead of siggy and redmond BUT palace are away to spurs GW2 while Swansea are home to hull
    I'm not buying into the lamela hype either. he did the same last year in preseason

Foster /Jaku
    Shaw VvD Friend Kone Wilson
    Mahrez Alli siggy Redmond Capoue
    Kun Zlatan Gray

what ye think ?

Advertisement