Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Lukaku picked up sone sort of knock this week so keep a lookout for information regarding that. Having him over Ibra does give your team a strong look though, food for thought maybe.

I'm thinking about Terry to a 4.5 and Lukaku to Vardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »

Budget defence plus PVA could be an option, albiet a bit risky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

I'm ditching Terry. Chelsea defence has looked dodgy. Could take Conte a while and probably a new signing or two to sort it.

Shaw plus all cheapies i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster/Pickford
    Stones, Shaw, Francis, Kone, Evans
    Andros, Hazard, Mahrez, Tadic, Capoue
    Aguero, Gray, Vardy.

Terry to Francis (is he the best of the other 4.5s?) and Lukaku to Vardy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Foster (Jakupovic)
    Stones Shaw Friend (McAuley, Paredes)
    Hazard Mahrez (vc) Tadic Deulofeu (Capoue)
    ----Aguero (c) Vardy Long

Happy with this right now. 0.5 in the bank. Barring a flukey start where this team ends up being right from the off I'll WC after GW3 like a lot on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Butland

Morgan
    Funes Mori
    Van Dijk

Marhez
    Tadic
    Eriksen
    Feghouli

Gray
    Inbrahimovic
    Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm ditching Terry. Chelsea defence has looked dodgy. Could take Conte a while and probably a new signing or two to sort it.

Shaw plus all cheapies i think.

That's what I'm on now.

Foster, Jakupovic.
    Shaw, Evans, Friend, Mee, Kone.

It's allowed me to upgrade Siggy to Firmino now, which I think is decent with the mess Arsenal seem to be in at the back now.

Front eight is:

Hazard, Firmino, Tadic, Townsend, Capoue
    Aguero, Ibra, Gray.

There's so much up in the air at the moment that guaranteed starters are key. There's scope in my plans to downgrade Ibrahimovic if he doesn't start well and upgrade accordingly. I think Carroll (if injury free) will become tasty from GW4 on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

SantryRed wrote: »
    That's what I'm on now.

Foster, Jakupovic.

It's allowed me to upgrade Siggy to Firmino now, which I think is decent with the mess Arsenal seem to be in at the back now.

Front eight is:

Aguero, Ibra, Gray.

There's so much up in the air at the moment that guaranteed starters are key. There's scope in my plans to downgrade Ibrahimovic if he doesn't start well and upgrade accordingly. I think Carroll (if injury free) will become tasty from GW4 on.

That's interesting
    If you even went for Redmond over tadic it would allow a strong front 8 to rotate and and a 5ml defender If you wanted
    Or upgrade Townsend to lamela if you so wished along with a 5.5ml midfielder for capoue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Help me out lads!! Not content with this

GK: De Gea, Jaku

Def: Shaw, Terry, Baines, Smith, Friend

Mid: Feghouili, Fabregas, Siggy, Mahrez, Fletcher

Striker: Aguero, Ibra, Gray

I'm probably gonna go with 343.

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    That's interesting
    If you even went for Redmond over tadic it would allow a strong front 8 to rotate and and a 5ml defender If you wanted
    Or upgrade Townsend to lamela if you so wished along with a 5.5ml midfielder for capoue

I'm currently considering this.

Thinking Tadic -> Redmond so that I can do Townsend -> Lamela and upgrade Evans to Funes Mori...

I can't believe there's another week of this crap to go :pac:

Help me out lads!! Not content with this

GK: De Gea, Jaku

Def: Shaw, Terry, Baines, Smith, Friend

Mid: Feghouili, Fabregas, Siggy, Mahrez, Fletcher

Striker: Aguero, Ibra, Gray

I'm probably gonna go with 343.

Fabregas is now a very risky pick
    Oscar appears to have moved ahead of him and is on pens. Same price but also a risk IMO

I'm currently considering this.

Thinking Tadic -> Redmond so that I can do Townsend -> Lamela and upgrade Evans to Funes Mori...

I can't believe there's another week of this crap to go :pac:

We are having VERY similar thoughts so I am watching the same players as you !
    Jagielka is back in the frame for Everton . He replaced Mori at half time in last friendly

That's what I'm on now.

Foster, Jakupovic.

Front eight is:

Aguero, Ibra, Gray.

If you're planning an early WC you could chance 3 x 4.5s to rotate and a non nailed 4.0 and maybe use the 0.5 somewhere.

No Leicester coverage vs Hull would concern me personally.

If you're planning an early WC you could chance 3 x 4.5s to rotate and a non nailed 4.0 and maybe use the 0.5 somewhere.

I was worried too
    But then i spotted it was the early ko :D

Yeah that's conundrum I have atm.

I'm thinking of Firmino to Mahrez OR taking a GW1 risk and dumping Ibra for Vardy...

EDIT:

And now I just accidentally worked Sanchez into my team :pac:

Aw I'm done for the night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Fabregas is now a very risky pick
    Oscar appears to have moved ahead of him and is on pens. Same price but also a risk IMO

Any other options out there you would recommend. I'm also having doubts about Siggy now after his terrible pre season.

Am also thinking of replacing Terry?

Shít is now officially serious.

Proper tinkering this week but not likely to go too far from the bones of what I had.

Gray out of my team for the first time since launch. Tough fixtures vs great preseason form.

Vardy looked much more of a threat than Mahrez today. So....

Foster, Jakupovic. ....bit worried by WBA preseason form but in Pulis we trust.

Shaw, Friend, Souare, Kone, Kingsley
    Hazard, Redmond, Lamela, Townsend, Leko
    Agüero, Ibrahimovic, Vardy

Not sure about Lamela but not much else at 7.0. Could go Tadic and a 5.5 instead of Lamela and Redmond but don't fancy the 5.5s.

If I wanted to gamble Musa over Vardy could be good. He might not start but will get decent minutes and the lad is a serious handful.

Proper tinkering this week but not likely to go too far from the bones of what I had.

Gray out of my team for the first time since launch. Tough fixtures vs great preseason form.

I've a feeling I'll end up on something like this
    I'm just not sold on gray given the fixtures but apart from hazard the midfield is risky.......

Not sure about Lamela but not much else at 7.0. Could go Tadic and a 5.5 instead of Lamela and Redmond but don't fancy the 5.5s.

If I wanted to gamble Musa over Vardy could be good. He might not start but will get decent minutes and the lad is a serious handful.

Yes musa is a gamble I'm looking at for gw1 if I don't like what I end up with vardy

I've a feeling I'll end up on something like this
    I'm just not sold on gray given the fixtures but apart from hazard the midfield is risky.......

With a 2 to 3 GW horizon though risks can be taken to an extent.

• Advertisement

Yes musa is a gamble I'm looking at for gw1 if I don't like what I end up with vardy

In my team above Musa allows Mane for Lamela for example

With a 2 to 3 GW horizon though risks can be taken to an extent.

What I don't like though is gw2 Townsend is away to lamela and Redmond away to United
    That's putting me off that set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Was thinking of going with Ibra, Vardy and Grey up front, you reckon it's worth the risk of not having Aguero in the team?

Was thinking of going with Ibra, Vardy and Grey up front, you reckon it's worth the risk of not having Aguero in the team?

No

Just a thought lads. It's risky, but new early KO time is 12:30 and with the deadline being 11:30, there's a sneaky chance of finding out if Musa starts before the deadline. You'd need to know exactly what you're doing if so though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just a thought lads. It's risky, but new early KO time is 12:30 and with the deadline being 11:30, there's a sneaky chance of finding out if Musa starts before the deadline. You'd need to know exactly what you're doing if so though....

It does work out sometimes, I saw Romero was starting before the deadline of first Gameweek last season. Ended up with 3 clean sheets out of 3 to start with before it all fell apart in Swansea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Similar to FHFC but looks a bit top heavy:

Foster/Heaton
    Shaw Stones Souare Kone 4.0
    Hazard Lamela Redmond Gradel
    Kun Vardy Ibra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Similar to FHFC but looks a bit top heavy:

Foster/Heaton
    Shaw Stones Souare Kone 4.0
    Hazard Lamela Redmond Gradel
    Kun Vardy Ibra

Too heavy on the strikers IMO leading to imbalance in midfield to make up for it. After Lamela, Redmond and Gradel blank / don't get enough minutes you will be wondering what you were thinking.

Personally I'd drop Vardy or Ibra and upgrade Gradel or Redmond.

Edit: I've look at that team again, I'd downgrade Shaw/Stones and upgrade Gradel. If you could afford someone a bit less puntish, maybe Siggy/Oscar or even Delofeu then you'd be looking good for the first 3 GWs at least. I'd probably downgrade Stones and keep Shaw. Not saying Gradel isn't a good choice but his fixtures H to United and then 2 Away games don't inspire confidence.

jive wrote: »
    Too heavy on the strikers IMO leading to imbalance in midfield to make up for it. After Lamela, Redmond and Gradel blank / don't get enough minutes you will be wondering what you were thinking.

Personally I'd drop Vardy or Ibra and upgrade Gradel or Redmond.

Edit: I've look at that team again, I'd downgrade Shaw/Stones and upgrade Gradel. If you could afford someone a bit less puntish, maybe Siggy/Oscar or even Delofeu then you'd be looking good for the first 3 GWs at least. I'd probably downgrade Stones and keep Shaw. Not saying Gradel isn't a good choice but his fixtures H to United and then 2 Away games don't inspire confidence.

Ya I had Deulofeu in before I went for the 3 big guns up front, have a feeling he's going to do well this season. I could downgrade Hazard to Oscar and get Tadic and Deulofeu in though I really want Hazard. Plenty of food for thought for the week anyway.

Ya I had Deulofeu in before I went for the 3 big guns up front, have a feeling he's going to do well this season. I could downgrade Hazard to Oscar and get Tadic and Deulofeu in though I really want Hazard. Plenty of food for thought for the week anyway.

Yeah I'm looking at something similar.

At the moment I'm on:

Foster (Jakupovic)
    Friend Souare Shaw Koné Amat(4.0)
    Hazard Deulofeu Redmond Lamela (Capoue)
    Vardy Kun Ibra

Midfield is a bit light as expected and I'm sure I'll bottle it and change the team up again even though I'll wildcard after GW3. Not keen on any midfielders except for Hazard although I do rate Deulofeu. Redmond is very much a punt and Lamela has good form but is unreliable and I'd prefer to have Eriksen long-term.

Can't bring myself to bring in Oscar for Hazard either although this is the first break he's had in a long time which I think will stand to him, for a young guy he got absolutely flogged with games over the last few years internationally and at club level. I expect Hazard to return to his usual self, can see him scoring >200 points again.

The way I see it is is that it's impossible to predict who will get off to a flyer. I can always get the cheap bandwagoner in if I don't pick the right one. The premium forwards will deliver so may as well have them until everything else becomes clearer. I'll sort out the defence with the wildcard once we see how teams are defensively.

My only concern is if Arsenal/Liverpool hit the ground running but both have poor fixtures for 3 weeks at least, Pool start with 3 away games and seeing as I plan on wildcarding in GW3 (unless I'm miraculously totally content with what I have which would be a bonus) it doesn't make sense to have Pool cover.

What a rambling post... thinking out loud here :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Right team number 99
    Heaton,
    Valencia,Hernandez,Friend,
    Hazard,Oscar,Siggy,Tadic,
    Aguero,Vardy,Gray.
    Subs:Foster,Daniels, Routledge,Evans.
    Can't fit Ibra in, removed Mahrez as I feel he is too expensive.

I'm close to just leaving it now with hazard siggy and capoue
    main call is
    alli and redmond OR tadic and lamela

or even a bit of a rejig to get
    firmino redmond lamela and routeldge

that's feels VERY punty though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

First draft that I posted here, top heavy team, far from settled on it, but sure anyway......

Foster

Friend Valencia Souare

Redmond Routledge Mane Hazard

Kane Kun(C) Vardy

Subs : Jakub, Hojbjerg, Paredes, Kone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mandanda - Robinson

Morgan - Baines - Friend - Koné - Amat

Hazard - Silva - Deulofeu - Redmond - Feghouli

Agüero - Ibrahimović - Gray

My main worry is Mandanda not starting the season as first choice. Mitigation would be to swap him for Valdés and changing Friend to Souaré? Also maybe downgrade Baines to Funes Mori or Stones to allow me to upgrade Amat to Evans/McAuley?

Happy enough with Midfield and Attack. Current thinking would be to rotate Redmond and Feghouli.

Any major flaws here? I'm currently thinking of a GW6ish wildcard and don't want to trigger it before them if i can help it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

First draft that I posted here, top heavy team, far from settled on it, but sure anyway......

Foster

Friend Valencia Souare

Redmond Routledge Mane Hazard

Kane Kun(C) Vardy

Subs : Jakub, Hojbjerg, Paredes, Kone.

Will Routledge start? Dyer is back and Barrow is playing well in pre-season, wouldn't be surprised to see Barrow start at the weekend. I guess Ayew is the one that's up in the air.

Same for Paredes - I really don't think he'll play. Hasn't even been on the bench for some of the pre-season games and there were rumours earlier in the summer that he's for sale if an offer comes in. He's very highly owned too so avoid avoid!

Mané is my last worry, Liverpool are away for the first 3 weeks in a row and then play the Champions at home and then travel to Chelsea. With so many other attacking options in that midfield that could take his points, I'd wait and see how they shape up rather than having him in from the start. If you can stretch to Mahrez I'd take him instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

8-10 wrote: »
    Will Routledge start? Dyer is back and Barrow is playing well in pre-season, wouldn't be surprised to see Barrow start at the weekend. I guess Ayew is the one that's up in the air.

Same for Paredes - I really don't think he'll play. Hasn't even been on the bench for some of the pre-season games and there were rumours earlier in the summer that he's for sale if an offer comes in. He's very highly owned too so avoid avoid!

Mané is my last worry, Liverpool are away for the first 3 weeks in a row and then play the Champions at home and then travel to Chelsea. With so many other attacking options in that midfield that could take his points, I'd wait and see how they shape up rather than having him in from the start. If you can stretch to Mahrez I'd take him instead.

Cheers for feedback.

Regards the issues you raised, I'm not sure about Routledge, I read on here earlier that he's apparently nailed and has had a good pre season.

Paredes yeah he's just a token gesture 4.0m who I don't intend to use albeit it would be nice to find one that might get me out of a pinch if needed, not sure there are many out there unfortunately.

Mane I'm seeing the away games as being a positive thing, more space for him to run in behind, I think he'll thrive more away than if Liverpool are playing a team that parks the bus at Anfield. He's looked very lively pre season as I'm sure you know. But yeah , lots and lots of tinkering and pondering to be still done...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Was toying with a 3-5-2 and I actually like the look of it. However, if things go wrong I'd imagine it'd be hard to reshape your team. My two teams below. Any advice is welcome:

3-5-2
    Foster (Valdes)
    Shaw Evans Wolly/Taylor (4.5, 4.0)
    Bolasie Alli Redmond Silva Payet
    Aguero Ibra (4.5)

3-4-3
    Foster (Valdes)
    Shaw Evans Stones (Taylor, Smith)
    Alli Redmond Silva Firminho
    Aguero Ibra Long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    alli and redmond OR tadic and lamela

This is my biggest decision too.
    Leaning towards the former as it gives me the chance to get Firmino in one move

spock. wrote: »

And one of the pair is a proven points scorer over the season

• Advertisement

Bottled the Kubra Vardy frontline for now...

Foster
    Shaw Funes Mori Targett
    Hazard Firmino Tadic Deulofeu
    Kun Ibra Gray

Jak Capoue Kone Lenihan

More balance to it but lack of Leicester coverage is worrying. Was going to hold off Pool players but Arsenal's defence could be a shambles on Sunday and Firmino got returns against the bigger teams last year so seems fixture proof. Funes Mori will depend on there being a resolution to the Stones/Williams transfer situation plus Jagielka's fitness.

(A) Firmino Ibra Tadic

(B) Sanchez Vardy Redmond

Currently having a debate with myself over which of these options is better. It's going to be a long week :o

Thinking about it now
    The way Arsenal arse all are going to line up maybe it would make more sense to go with firminio week one and then see about a switch to Alli ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Thinking about it now The way Arsenal arse all are going to line up maybe it would make more sense to go with firminio week one and then see about a switch to Alli ?

Yeah I think I'll start off with Firmino as I'm not sure about going with Alli when I already have Kane.

My current draft has 15 teams represented! :D

Foster Jaku
    Valencia Friend Kone Souare Byram
    Hazard Firmino Redmond Routledge Capuoue
    Aguero Kane Vardy

Yeah I think I'll start off with Firmino as I'm not sure about going with Alli when I already have Kane.

My current draft has 15 teams represented! :D

Foster Jaku
    Valencia Friend Kone Souare Byram
    Hazard Firmino Redmond Routledge Capuoue
    Aguero Kane Vardy

my current one
    foster jaku
    Valencia Fuchs friend kone Kingsley
    hazard firminio redmond siggy capoue
    aguero ibra great

I fell like a sheep with Gray tbh
    not liking his fixtures

my current one
    foster jaku
    Valencia Fuchs friend kone Kingsley
    hazard firminio redmond siggy capoue
    aguero ibra great

I fell like a sheep with Gray tbh
    not liking his fixtures

Gray is a tough one. Quite high ownership so could hurt if he explodes. But is he likely too. Williams will still be at Swansea come Sat you would expect so that's one of the reasons I was interested gone.

I'm still thinking of toughing it out with the Aguero Ibra Vardy show. I'm open to wildcarding as early as GW3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm going with
    Foster jakupovic
    Kone mee friend Valencia naughton
    Hazard firmino Sanchez Townsend Redmond
    Aguero gray Carroll
    I'm really only looking at the first 4 weeks as I'll most likely wildcard. Happy to go with a strong front 8 as I think gw 2 is a problem due to the fixtures. I'll have Carroll on the bench in gw 1 I'll want him for gw 2. Gw 2 I'll bench either Townsend or Redmond. No utd attacking coverage is an issue but I wouldn't captain zlatan in gw 1 or 2 and I wanted mikhitaryan but he didn't start yesterday so not going to risk him. I'd imagine my transfer for gw 3 will be a utd attacker .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

Is Mkhitaryan deffo going to start for UTD ? did he start many pre-season games ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

2dhcmsy.png

Mkhitaryan is a big worry for me will he be a starter along with Terry lads id appreciate if you gave my team the once over see if im missing something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Heaton Jaku
    Valencia Koné Friend Evans 4.0
    Hazard Firmino Sanchez Routledge 4.5
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Quite liking the look of this team. No Ibra and no Spurs attacker obviously stand out, but I've alot of big hitters. A cheap enough back line, and Routledge the cheapie mid to accommodate all of this. Very tempted to just go with this and not log back in til kick-off Saturday barring any injury news

almanu wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan is a big worry for me will he be a starter along with Terry lads id appreciate if you gave my team the once over see if im missing something.

Looks decent. For 9.5 I'd prob play safe for now and go for Martial for utd cover as it's much of a muchness if you are liking mkhitaryan anyway only a safer option. I think both will start though.

I'd downgrade one of your def and upgrade one of smith / Amat because you could end up with just 3 playing defenders which is far from ideal.

Terry is nailed IMO, at least until Zouma is back. Baines to stones plus Smith to a 4.5 would be the change to make.

• Advertisement
Advertisement