Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016/17 FPL Rate My Team Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I just keep messing with my team at the minute and it has me going insane!

Foster Jaku
    Shaw Mee Kone Funes Mori Smith
    Sanchez Hazard Redmond Lamela Capoue
    Vardy Aguero Gray

I just can't decide on what to do. Keep moving my plans around and just can't come to a finishing product atm. The big decision is if Ibrahimovic is needed or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

manual_man wrote: »
    Heaton Jaku
    Valencia Koné Friend Evans 4.0
    Hazard Firmino Sanchez Routledge 4.5
    Aguero Vardy Gray

Quite liking the look of this team. No Ibra and no Spurs attacker obviously stand out, but I've alot of big hitters. A cheap enough back line, and Routledge the cheapie mid to accommodate all of this. Very tempted to just go with this and not log back in til kick-off Saturday barring any injury news

Are you comfortable playing 2 of Sunderland, Middlesborough, West Brom in defence regularly?

I've not seen anything of Hazard to tempt me back. Could very well be wrong but for that money you got to be nailed on for mega points.

Squad still looks a little skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just played around seriously for first time in weeks.

Heaton - Jaku
    Valencia - Evans - Friend - Kone - Targett
    Hazard - Spacecraft - Mirallas - Redmond - Capoue
    Aguero - Ibra - Vardy

It'd be the first time I'd ever own Vardy :pac:

Sure it's top heavy but it's not a final cut. Ideally I'll move towards a team with less risks in case a number of them don't start.

Evans has been repeatedly mentioned with Arsenal too I think so could be a clever early inclusion. If I had another 0.5 Jaku would go to Foster.

I want Ayew in my team but it's probably wise to see how he'll fit in at West Ham. Mirallas and Redmond are probably a little edgy when including both along with Andros.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Right newest draft folkes

Foster
    Stones terry shaw
    Tadic dier lamela mane
    Kun zlat Carroll

Subs
    Jaku mc auley iwobi smith.

Do your best lads I need help this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DipClub

Lloris (Robinson)
    Valencia Sagna Morgan Shaw (Smith)
    Barkley Willian Mahrez (Kouyate Fletcher)
    Aguero Kane Long

Not sure about playing 4 at the back and wondering if 2 Man Utd defenders is risky. Is Mahrez worth 9.5 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ssshhh123 wrote: »

Foster
    Stones terry shaw
    Tadic dier lamela mane
    Kun zlat Carroll

Subs

take out dier he is a holding midfielder. Last year he was classed as a def so he was gettin all those clean sheet points. Id try and work sanchez or hazard into your midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ssshhh123 wrote: »

Foster
    Stones terry shaw
    Tadic dier lamela mane
    Kun zlat Carroll

Subs

Replace Iwobi and Dier

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

8-10 wrote: »
    Replace Iwobi and Dier

Ffs only put them in any recommendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Be harsh on me lads!!

De Gea
    Shaw, Morgan, Baines,
    Feghouili, Lamela, Siggy, Hazard
    Aguero, Vardy, Gray

Subs: Jaku, Smith, Friend, Fletcher

I still have 2m left! I've been messing around with it all day. Where should i go from here. I think I want rid of Siggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Are you comfortable playing 2 of Sunderland, Middlesborough, West Brom in defence regularly?

I've not seen anything of Hazard to tempt me back. Could very well be wrong but for that money you got to be nailed on for mega points.

Squad still looks a little skinny

Yep.

Haz looks extremely sharp. I reckon he'll be a must-have again this season. Although I confess Oscar is also tempting me - 7.5M and on pens if he's a guaranteed starter could prove ridiculous value.

Squad a bit skinny but that's the price you have to pay to fit in more of the big boys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Valdes / Jakupovic

Stones / Shaw / Evans / Friend / Paredes

Hazard / Mahrez / Tadic / Phillips / Kightly

Kun / Ibra / Gray

Firmino and Sanchez calling out to me but not sure who I'd sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm going with
    Foster jakupovic
    Kone mee friend Valencia naughton
    Hazard firmino Sanchez Townsend Redmond
    Aguero gray Carroll
    I'm really only looking at the first 4 weeks as I'll most likely wildcard. Happy to go with a strong front 8 as I think gw 2 is a problem due to the fixtures. I'll have Carroll on the bench in gw 1 I'll want him for gw 2. Gw 2 I'll bench either Townsend or Redmond. No utd attacking coverage is an issue but I wouldn't captain zlatan in gw 1 or 2 and I wanted mikhitaryan but he didn't start yesterday so not going to risk him. I'd imagine my transfer for gw 3 will be a utd attacker .

No Leicester cover for the weekend against Hull?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lemlin wrote: »

I've convinced myself this whole Hull hammering won't come to pass
    Early ko too........

no I dont think so. I had vardy up till the weekend but sanchez starting changes everything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I don't have any Leicester either. If they go back to their free scoring ways of early last season, I'm happy to pick up a week or two late. Mahrez doesn't seem committed to me and Vardy rarely got double digit hauls before the ones against Sunderland and Everton at the end. Absolute worst case scenario, he hits a hat trick and virtually no one has him captain anyway

I don't have any Leicester either. If they go back to their free scoring ways of early last season, I'm happy to pick up a week or two late. Mahrez doesn't seem committed to me and Vardy rarely got double digit hauls before the ones against Sunderland and Everton at the end. Absolute worst case scenario, he hits a hat trick and virtually no one has him captain anyway

I have Mahrez but only until another premium mid raises their head. I think I'll be keeping Vardy for a while.

I have Mahrez but only until another premium mid raises their head. I think I'll be keeping Vardy for a while.

your going with the two lads thats a serious differential. Helen from accounts must be impressed with them pre season.;)

your going with the two lads thats a serious differential. Helen from accounts must be impressed with them pre season.;)

Helen actually messaged me on Facebook today to find out my team!

Helen actually messaged me on Facebook today to find out my team!

Helen what a legend. You know your addicted to fpl when you know their is a girl called helen that used to work with lemlin had a baby and moved back to the uk. Ill always fondly remember her for her liam moore 4.0 def recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

When you start considering Lukaku you know ita time to step away from the Internet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Heaton - Jaku
    Aguero - Ibra - Vardy

Sure it's top heavy but it's not a final cut. Ideally I'll move towards a team with less risks in case a number of them don't start.

Evans has been repeatedly mentioned with Arsenal too I think so could be a clever early inclusion. If I had another 0.5 Jaku would go to Foster.

I want Ayew in my team but it's probably wise to see how he'll fit in at West Ham. Mirallas and Redmond are probably a little edgy when including both along with Andros.

Just a general comment in relation to having a big 3 up front. Are those taking this route not a bit worried about the lack of flexibility/balance in the team?

Assuming Hazard performs, it will take you 2 transfers to get in a midfielder from any of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs or even Mahrez should the need arise. Even the likes of Tadic, Ayew or Siggy would be difficult to transfer in.

Personally, I'd be very uncomfortable having my 2nd most expensive midfielder valued at only 6.5m.

dahat wrote: »
    When you start considering Lukaku you know ita time to step away from the Internet...

I'd give the laptop a few whacks of a hammer just to be safe :)

Benimar wrote: »
    I'd give the laptop a few whacks of a hammer just to be safe :)

Maybe so but he could represent a good choice as Everton fixtures arent the worst

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might be the final draft bar some news or somebody setting me straight on a player.

De Gea-Janupovic

Sagna-Mee-Evans-Friend-Kingsley

Capoue-Hazard-Eriksen-Davis-Barkley

Aguero-Ibra-Gray

De Gea: Wanted top keeper. Got top keeper.

Janupovic: He's 4.0

Sagna: Best value top team defender. Will outscore Stones should he arrive.

Mee: Likely to play. Could score some extra points.

Evans: Pulis.

Friend: Middlesbrough could be alright for clean sheets. Friend played the most games for them last season.

Kingsley: 4.0 wanted. I think he has chance of playing. Will take up the bench.

Capoue: Midfield cheap pick. Small chance of ending up further forward at times.

Hazard: I expect major pointage.

Eriksen: Ended up getting Spurs player after saying I'd wait. Kane out of reach. Eriksen my 2nd favourite Spurs player. Indispensable to the team.

Davis: Wanted a Southampton player but not too big of an investment. Whole midfield have a part to play including this man.

Barkley: His season finally right? Has the manager he needed. Hoping he explodes.

Aguero: He's Aguero.

Ibra: I'm scared.

Gray: Popular choice. Worth a shot.

Maybe so but he could represent a good choice as Everton fixtures arent the worst

It's many a time I've said the same thing, but he's not known a Trollaku for nothing!

If he hadn't burned me many, many times he'd be ideal for my 2nd striker spot, but I'm not inflicting him on myself again.

• Advertisement

It's many a time I've said the same thing, but he's not known a Trollaku for nothing!

If he hadn't burned me many, many times he'd be ideal for my 2nd striker spot, but I'm not inflicting him on myself again.

I really should do the same, my tc blown on a 2pt from him still hurts.

Is Feghouli a good shout? Don't know too much about him but he seems to be kind of popular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

RMT2.jpg
    Second draft. Had to bring in Ibra.

GK - Rotate well

DF - I expect Boro & Everton to be defensively sound so Friend & Funes Mori are good options for me.

MD - Jury's out on keeping Siggy instead of Lamela. I think Tadic should keep his form going. Fischer has looked dangerous in pre-season rotating between the number 10 to winger role. Could do well points-wise.

FD - Forwards speak for themselves. Origi is a punt but if he starts as I expect him too, happy days.

Feel free to critique lads, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Looking at these pages Ibra better hit the ground running or many teams will be far behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Heaton - Jaku
    Aguero - Ibra - Vardy

Oh God. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Looking at these pages Ibra better hit the ground running or many teams will be far behind

With his price though he can be downgraded to literally any other striker that does hit the ground running. And it's a lot easier to start with him and get rid than to be forced to rearrange your team to get him in if he does get off to a flyer.

FHFC wrote: »
    Oh God. :(

You wish you hadn't seen that don't you
    Yep me too :D

Just a general comment in relation to having a big 3 up front. Are those taking this route not a bit worried about the lack of flexibility/balance in the team?

Assuming Hazard performs, it will take you 2 transfers to get in a midfielder from any of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Spurs or even Mahrez should the need arise. Even the likes of Tadic, Ayew or Siggy would be difficult to transfer in.

Personally, I'd be very uncomfortable having my 2nd most expensive midfielder valued at only 6.5m.

Nail on the head.

Its the big flaw in that option. Wouldn't be contemplating a team structure like that if not planning to wildcard in 2 to 3 weeks.

My second highest price mid is 7.0 at present and I'd be a lot happier if I got that to 7.5

With Mahrez having been seen checking into the same London hotel at Conte today I'm not going there and want Leicester attack vs Hull.

km79 wrote: »
    You wish you hadn't seen that don't you
    Yep me too :D

Deep down, you know it's a hair brained scheme. But you manage to convince yourself otherwise, then Prodston boards the bus.....

Nail on the head.

Its the big flaw in that option. Wouldn't be contemplating a team structure like that if not planning to wildcard in 2 to 3 weeks.

My second highest price mid is 7.0 at present and I'd be a lot happier if I got that to 7.5

With Mahrez having been seen checking into the same London hotel at Conte today I'm not going there and want Leicester attack vs Hull.

Hhhmmmmm maybe musa starts then ...........also kone pictured in a Liverpool hotel amid reports of an 18ml pound bid accepted

km79 wrote: »
    Hhhmmmmm maybe musa starts then ...........also kone pictured in a Liverpool hotel amid reports of an 18ml pound bid accepted

Could be just twitter bull but they do seem to have been at the same hotel.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    With his price though he can be downgraded to literally any other striker that does hit the ground running. And it's a lot easier to start with him and get rid than to be forced to rearrange your team to get him in if he does get off to a flyer.

Alternatively you could start off without him but with enough funds in the bank to get him in if needs be - e.g. start off with Vardy and 1.5M in the bank - a different approach but would afford you extra transfer options (not just Vardy to Ibra) after the GW1 dust settles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Finally getting to put some thought into this, currently have:

Heaton
    Azpilicuetta, Shaw, Souare
    Alli, Ayew, Tadic, Townsend
    Aguero, Ibra, Gray

Jakupovic, PVA, Capoue, Parades

1m spare.

Of the 15, only Kun is nailed on 100%, all others could change completely by Saturday.
    Conundrums:
    Most likely looking to wildcard gw3 or4, so trying to set up with just 3 to 4 gw's in mind.
    6m on Azpi is a bit more than I'd like to spend on a defender but with Conte as manager, I'd expect Chelsea to be solid enough at the back and he carries an attacking threat.
    Valencia or Shaw??? Probably more of an attacking threat with Valencia but will Mourinho keep faith in him?
    Midfield: Have no heavy hitters at the moment, Sanchez, Hazard, Mahrez and the likes are all considerations but would have to drop Ibra and probably downgrade a defender or 2 to fit any of them in.
    Townsend is not a player I have any faith in, but unsure who from 5.5 to 6.5m would be a better punt than him.
    No Liverpool or Leicester cover is making me a little bit nervous, but Liverpool have a tough start to the season, but Firmino is nagging at me, one of Azpi or Ibra would have to go to bring him in.

Happy out to take any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Deep down, you know it's a hair brained scheme. But you manage to convince yourself otherwise, then Prodston boards the bus.....

:)

To win, you must risk losing.

:)

To win, you must risk losing.

With no PVA in your team?

And you call yourself a maverick.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

manual_man wrote: »
    Alternatively you could start off without him but with enough funds in the bank to get him in if needs be - e.g. start off with Vardy and 1.5M in the bank - a different approach but would afford you extra transfer options (not just Vardy to Ibra) after the GW1 dust settles

Certainly many viable alternatives but I wouldn't agree that owners will fall behind if Ibra doesn't start well.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Focus on midfielders. Strikers have been ridiculously overpriced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Who's this Gray dude I keep seeing in loads of teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Who's this Gray dude I keep seeing in loads of teams?

Burnley striker. Top goals scorer in the championship last season. Priced at 6.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Nail on the head.

Bingo. Plus the one thing I would say is that generally in the first week or two some cheapie starts a bandwagon who would take precedence over a premium mid for rises.

Worst case scenario is GW1 someone @ 9.5 goes huge and Hazard also does well. You either wait a week or take a 4 point hit to get the 9.5 in. You also get to transfer in whatever cheaper striker looks good.

Generally I never take hits but GW1 is probably the best time to take one due to all the active players promoting price rises/drops. A 4 point hit to get in the in form cheapo striker and in form premium mid isn't the end of the world by any stretch.

It's definitely the risk of going with just 1 premium mid though no doubt about it. Like FHFC, after Hazard my next expensive mid is £7.0 - there's always the fear that Ayew, Siggy, Firmino etc. going big and I'd still have to take a hit or dump Hazard who I would not want to go without.

* ~ FoRtuNe FavOurs ThE BrAvE ~ *

Thoughts?

jive wrote: »
    Bingo. Plus the one thing I would say is that generally in the first week or two some cheapie starts a bandwagon who would take precedence over a premium mid for rises.

Worst case scenario is GW1 someone @ 9.5 goes huge and Hazard also does well. You either wait a week or take a 4 point hit to get the 9.5 in. You also get to transfer in whatever cheaper striker looks good.

Generally I never take hits but GW1 is probably the best time to take one due to all the active players promoting price rises/drops. A 4 point hit to get in the in form cheapo striker and in form premium mid isn't the end of the world by any stretch.

It's definitely the risk of going with just 1 premium mid though no doubt about it. Like FHFC, after Hazard my next expensive mid is £7.0 - there's always the fear that Ayew, Siggy, Firmino etc. going big and I'd still have to take a hit or dump Hazard who I would not want to go without.

* ~ FoRtuNe FavOurs ThE BrAvE ~ *

Stones over Shaw enables me to go to 7.5 mid. Will see what Pep says on his chances of starting GW1 but its a strong option.

Foster & Jak

Friend, Kone, Valencia, Evans, Smith

Lamela, Hazard, Routledge, Tadic

Vardy, Ibra, Aguero

Looks pretty strong to me with a gw3 my plan atm. Easy downgrade Vardy and upgrade Lamela if needed.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I think I'm happy with this. Not convinced about Routlege but I think I'll take the risk.

c5a26dc2c4b9f929e005a7fced776251.png

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Foster & Jak

Friend, Kone, Valencia, Evans, Smith

Lamela, Hazard, Routledge, Tadic

Vardy, Ibra, Aguero

Looks pretty strong to me with a gw3 my plan atm. Easy downgrade Vardy and upgrade Lamela if needed.

Yes
    I like that

Advertisement