Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dispose of tumble drier - where/how much?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I have a tumble drier that went the way of the dodo in a fiery manner the other day. As such, I need it gone. I assume it is covered by WEEE, but I'm not replacing it with another one - can I still dispose of it for free? If so, anyone know where is best to go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

If you buy a new one from a shop they are obliged to take the old one away,but besides that I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Johngoose wrote: »
    If you buy a new one from a shop they are obliged to take the old one away,but besides that I don't know.

Sorry just read the rest of your post.I presume a waste disposal place would take it off you,but they might charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

they may take it free of charge at the kinsale amenity site. ring them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dwyers in Forge Hill.
    Free and you don't have to buy a new one from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kooga wrote: »
    they may take it free of charge at the kinsale amenity site. ring them

Definitely free here. You'll have to get it there, though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement