Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group of men in Dublin cause outrage by wearing blackface

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Show yer logical workings there please, Mr DarkPahanDeath, and contrast them with the discussion in this thread.

I hear the Nazis oppressed a fair few white people. You know with the slavery rape murder and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Smondie wrote: »
    Is she not dressing up like a white person with the blonde hair?

You lads are beyond help. You know the worlds IQ is diminishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

So you are calling me Racist provide the Evidence then.

Ah the youth of today. If you can't provide the link it doesn't exist. Having said that there's dozens of comments you have made in 24 hours that you can look at. But all you will see are the funniest comments in the world. Lead a horse to water and all that. So no you can't be racist, you are the funniest and most enlightened person in the world. Yawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

So, it's ok then? Perfectly acceptable? You've no issue with what these guys did?

I have no issue with what these guys did. I have more issue with those that take issue with such mundane nothings.

I'm not a racist by the way.

I hear the Nazis oppressed a fair few white people. You know with the slavery rape murder and all that.

Are the Nazis dressing up as Jews, gypsies etc and having the '#bantz'

I've stuck you on the 'racist' list here in my mind anyway

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Ah the youth of today. If you can't provide the link it doesn't exist. Having said that there's dozens of comments you have made in 24 hours that you can look at. But all you will see are the funniest comments in the world. Lead a horse to water and all that. So no you can't be racist, you are the funniest and most enlightened person in the world. Yawn

I wager i'm older.

FortySeven wrote: »
    I have no issue with what these guys did. I have more issue with those that take issue with such mundane nothings.

I'm not a racist by the way.

I don't think you are either. The same way me dad isn't racist.

I don't think you are either. The same way me dad isn't racist.

I'm guessing your dad is a racist?

FortySeven wrote: »
    I'm guessing your dad is a racist?

He's not, but he'd not see the harm in what those lads did, so, you know, a bit...

Are the Nazis dressing up as Jews, gypsies etc and having the '#bantz'

I've stuck you on the 'racist' list here in my mind anyway

Good for you you left out both were white. And the Nazis were so what do you think of a white guy prince harry dressing up as a oppressing group being an oppressed person ?

• Advertisement

He's not, but he'd not see the harm in what those lads did, so, you know, a bit...

Your the one saying black skin is racist.

Your the one saying black skin is racist.

I'm out... Never play pigeon with a chess.

Don't you mean never play chess with a Pigeon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭unseenfootage

sigh...

In this day and age, ye are actually debating whether drunk stupid white boys messing about in blackface paint in public is racist.

After centuries of vile racism against Irish people across the world we still haven't learnt anything.

We need to stop wallowing in ignorance and start learning. They ought to teach us multicultural studies in school.

Here is some context about blackface for those who are still ignorant about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

That's a very flippant attitude to take to such a serious topic being discussed in this most serious of place of debate. Can't you at least try to be serious on After Hours, treat this forum with the gravitas it deserves?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

You lads are beyond help. You know the worlds IQ is diminishing?
    Yep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I actually saw these guys on Sunday and although I'm usually against the pc stuff I thought it was completely senseless and tasteless. I just saw the lads in normal clothes who had painted their faces brown which is obviously not an attempt to dress up as their hero or anyone. I think it was pretty offensive to be honest.

That's a very flippant attitude to take to such a serious topic being discussed in this most serious of place of debate. Can't you at least try to be serious on After Hours, treat this forum with the gravitas it deserves?

Fup off you. With your intellectuar margument.

I just farted again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Oppression doesn't define black people. Dressing as a black person isn't dressing like a slave because all black people aren't slaves.

If you think dressing as a black ieeson is racist, then maybe you need to look at what you think black people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,476 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Definitely not racist.

Accusing people of being racist and posting it for the public to see probably not the cleverest thing she's done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

I actually saw these guys on Sunday and although I'm usually against the pc stuff I thought it was completely senseless and tasteless. I just saw the lads in normal clothes who had painted their faces brown which is obviously not an attempt to dress up as their hero or anyone. I think it was pretty offensive to be honest.

I saw these girls wearing normal clothes, but they had painoted themselves brown. There's tons of them every where in rainy old ireland.

Are you offeneed by these women and their body paint? What's the colour on the chart were offense stops?

Oppression doesn't define black people. Dressing as a black person isn't dressing like a slave because all black people aren't slaves.

If you think dressing as a black ieeson is racist, then maybe you need to look at what you think black people are.

Have you ever asked a black person how it feels when a white person dresses slaps on face paint, a fake afro, , puts on a fake black accent and caricatures a black person purely for some cheap laughs.

Most black people will tell you that it is deeply offensive and that they find it racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Definitely not racist.

Accusing people of being racist and posting it for the public to see probably not the cleverest thing she's done

Everything that's wrong with the Internet Generation

I saw these girls wearing normal clothes, but they had painoted themselves brown. There's tons of them every where in rainy old ireland.

Are you offeneed by these women and their body paint? What's the colour on the chart were offense stops?

You seen them on Geordie shore ? Did not one of them go mahogany.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Definitely not racist.

Well her calling people racist all while making a much more racist "as dense as the fake Jews" comment herself, pretty much shows shes not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Or that she knows what racism is.

Or how NOT to use social media.

Have you ever asked a black person how it feels when a white person dresses slaps on face paint, a fake afro, , puts on a fake black accent and caricatures a black person purely for some cheap laughs.

Most black people will tell you that it is deeply offensive and that they find it racist.

No black person ever asked me how I'm feeling, (except this one girl I was riding while on e) so why should I go around being an apologist?

Fake afro not a race you heard of a perm ?

What exactly is a black accent ? Is accent a race now ?

Who does these caricatures ?

You're just trivializing a serious issue for your own cheap thrills.

Fake afro not a race you heard of a perm ?

What exactly is a black accent ? Is accent a race now ?

Who does these caricatures ?

I don't answer silly questions.

• Advertisement

I don't answer silly questions.

I see when they cant be answered.

Advertisement