Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group of men in Dublin cause outrage by wearing blackface

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Definitely not.

She personally lost the argument right there.

She'll be lucky if she doesn't lose her job. She has linked her facebook account to her job and left it wide open.

Good god, how stupid can you be, especially accusing people of racism and then resorting to using racist slurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I heard some woman on the radio last week going on about ba ba black sheep and that it was racist :rolleyes: I wonder how does she connect black sheep to slavery?

Wait til she gets to eeny meeny miney mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I think that in the interest of racial harmony these types of behaviors should be discouraged, if not banned.

Now you might be thick skinned to laugh it off but bear in mind that previous generations of Irish people in Ireland, England and America had to endure racial discrimination and oppression because of the belief that the Irish were drunk, murderous and stupid.
    Caricatures like the ones I posted about contributed to the oppression. I can assure you, no Irish were laughing back then.

I wager One thinks that before Europeans got to Africa the black people lived in a Utopia and all got along.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

STB. wrote: »
    She'll be lucky if she doesn't lose her job. She has linked her facebook account to her job and left it wide open.

Good god, how stupid can you be, especially accusing people of racism and then resorting to using racist slurs.

I hope she's not passing her victim complex and bull**** on to those children

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I think that in the interest of racial harmony these types of behaviors should be discouraged, if not banned.

I think in the interests of the sanity of this thread, you need to get out more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Now why would you deliberately set out to offend black people with a clearly racist and offensive ad, first thing on a Wednesday morning?
    Lighten up. It's a harmless ad. Meanwhile the deluded woman whining about 'racism' is living a comfortable life in Ireland and instead of being appreciative spends her days whining on Facebook about the stupidity of the population of her adopted country. That's what offensive (or it would be if I cared). It would be like me moving to a primarily black country and whinging that the population isn't bowing and scraping to me or complaining that they don't care about Irish rights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

'Blacking up' really isn't a great idea, if it's not racist it is at the very least, insensitive.
    As for funny....don't make me laugh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/black-white-minstrel-show-most-2077085
    http://bloggingshakespeare.com/reviewing-shakespeare/time-black-iago/

Zxclnic wrote: »
    'Blacking up' really isn't a great idea, if it's not racist it is at the very least, insensitive.
    As for funny....don't make me laugh.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/black-white-minstrel-show-most-2077085
    http://bloggingshakespeare.com/reviewing-shakespeare/time-black-iago/

Again the UK had a massive Racist Empire. Being white should I be responsible ?

Again the UK had a massive Racist Empire. Being white should I be responsible ?

You're responsible for your own actions, and I'm genuinely unsure of what you mean by: Being white should I be responsible ?

You're responsible for your own actions, and I'm genuinely unsure of what you mean by: Being white should I be responsible ?

You seem to suggest that black make-up is bad because of white guilt ? Considering it was a thing in America mostly BlackFace. Should I feel responsible for apartheid too ? What should my stance be on Irish slaves in the USA ? How should i feel about Africans taking African slaves and selling them to whites ?

• Advertisement

You seem to suggest that black make-up is bad because of white guilt ? Considering it was a thing in America mostly BlackFace. Should I feel responsible for apartheid too ? What should my stance on Irish slaves in the USA ?

I'm suggesting that to 'Blacken up' - in the name of humour - is at best insensitive and at worst racist.

I'm suggesting that to 'Blacken up' - in the name of humour - is at best insensitive and at worst racist.

Grand so you agree finally it's not Blackface. We are getting somewhere.

More wisdom from our racist friend about calling people pekkerwoods

I called the racist mugs peckerwoods and I'm not ashamed of that. Stop picking a choosing to play the reverse victims 😒

Smondie wrote: »
    More wisdom from our racist friend about calling people pekkerwoods

I called the racist mugs peckerwoods and I'm not ashamed of that. Stop picking a choosing to play the reverse victims ��
    peckerwood
    ˈpɛkəwʊd/
    noun US informal derogatory
    a white person, especially a poor one.
    "another peckerwood with a bad attitude"

Some Racist she is.

Some Racist she is.

Her friends are just as bad.

For example this:
    Well because from the start of time asia africa the middle east etc were living in harmony and peace. Maybe IF western nations didnt start stealing our natural resources enslaving us, planting bad blood between our people for constant war so they can be billionaires, corrupting our image through the media , killing our presidents, THEN WE WOULDNT EVEN COME HERE TO HAVE TO STARE AT LITTLE IGNORANT PIECES OF **** LIKE YOU

That page is covered in drivel, it makes interesting reading.

For example this:
    Well because from the start of time asia africa the middle east etc were living in harmony and peace. Maybe IF western nations didnt start stealing our natural resources enslaving us, planting bad blood between our people for constant war so they can be billionaires, corrupting our image through the media , killing our presidents, THEN WE WOULDNT EVEN COME HERE TO HAVE TO STARE AT LITTLE IGNORANT PIECES OF **** LIKE YOU

Africa and Asia lived in peace... Do they read history books ?

Grand so you agree finally it's not Blackface. We are getting somewhere.

You're getting nowhere.

You seem particularly vexed by the simple, uncontroversial, opinion of mine that to 'Blacken up' - in the name of humour - is at best insensitive and at worst racist.

You're getting nowhere.

You seem particularly vexed by the simple, uncontroversial, opinion of mine that to 'Blacken up' - in the name of humour - is at best insensitive and at worst racist.

What am I thinking now ?

What am I thinking now ?

Of something smart to say perhaps?

Of something smart to say perhaps?

Nope. Did one come up with what I should feel about the Irish slaves in the USA or should feel Responsible for Apartheid ? Or blacks being sold to whites by blacks in Africa ?

• Advertisement

Nope. Did one come up with what I should feel about the Irish slaves in the USA or should feel Responsible for Apartheid ? Or blacks being sold to whites by blacks in Africa ?

Strangely no, I'll let you do that thanks very much.

Africa and Asia lived in peace... Do they read history books ?
    I doubt it. This is a typical standard of reply

Sarah, you are a red head. You are the palest and ugliest of your entire community. Your freckles have freckles and no one can take you seriously. You are gross and you should just worry about getting a tan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭JuliusSeizure

For example this:

Integration seems to be going swimmingly. We will have the exact same problems as the rest of Western Europe soon enough. Go us!

Strangely no, I'll let you do that thanks very much.

Well seen as I had no hand in them or a family history not much. I don't have White guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Zxclnic wrote:

Would it be at best insensitive or at worst racist to French up?

Well seen as I had no hand in them or a family history not much. I don't have White guilt.

Good for you, but I fail to see what that has to do with being insensitive or even racist.
    I don't believe that a person should be deemed impervious to any accusations of insensitivity or even racism just because they have impeccable guilt-free credentials...not unlike your own at the top of the page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Some Racist she is.

I think the Fake Jews comment kind of showed that.

Good for you, but I fail to see what that has to do with being insensitive or even racist.
    I don't believe that a person should be deemed impervious to any accusations of insensitivity or even racism just because they have impeccable guilt-free credentials...not unlike your own at the top of the page.

So you believe the ME Africa and Asia were utopia's until old whites got there ?

Would it be at best insensitive or at worst racist to French up?

Go on, I'll bite.
    What do you mean by 'French up'?

• Advertisement

So you believe the ME Africa and Asia were utopia's until old whites got there ?

Do I?

Advertisement