Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group of men in Dublin cause outrage by wearing blackface

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Zxclnic wrote: »
    Don't know. Do tell!

We cant, As I pointed out being very very white me putting on moderate fake tan would look like I have blacked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I swear your honour I've never waved my moral compass at anyone....sometimes I can't even find it to wave around.

Fake Jews, Frenchmen and bobsleighers..????
    Sorry to disappoint you, but I wouldn't know what a real bobsleigher looked like, honestly. As for a fake one.....
    And as for a fake Jew???
    What does a 'real' Jewish person look like...Amy Winehouse?, Ben Stiller?, Woody Allen?, Lenny Abrahamson?, Natalie Portman?....they all look the same to me.
    So like you the 'Fake Jews thing' has me very confused too.

Would you say it was a racist thing though? If stereotyping french people is wrong, and stereotyping jamaican bobsleighers is wrong, surely stereotyping Jewish people is wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Zxclnic

Jews are a Race and a Religion.

You've obviously a very good reason to state this.....I only wish I knew what it was.

You've obviously a very good reason to state this.....I only wish I knew what it was.

Just trying to help one along deciding whether a Fake jew is Racist. That's all.

Would you say it was a racist thing though? If stereotyping french people is wrong, and stereotyping jamaican bobsleighers is wrong, surely stereotyping Jewish people is wrong?

Would I say what is a ''racist thing though''?

Give me an example, a context, a background, an example......what are you talking about???

• Advertisement

Give me an example, a context, a background, an example......what are you talking about???

Jews are a Race.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,236 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Jews are a Race and a Religion.

Racist has a specific meaning and another meaning which people use every day to mean descrimination against a group based on some common factor. Beyond that it doesn't matter if the common factor is race, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, etc. We class them all as racist acts. I don't care if French isn't a race.

There actually were people interviewed for the news before the UK EU referendum who said, 'it's not their race I have a problem with, it's their culture. I'm not a racist'.

They're the same thing from the point of view of descrimination!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

Here's an example

So these racist idiots decided that it was okay to wear brown and black faces to a pub in Dublin city centre while laughing in my face and everyone who called out their racist representations. Thanks to my ancestors for the serenity because I was so close to smacking the smug off their ignorant racist faces.

To think they so desperately include Irish people in slavery conversations smh. Any idiot who uses Irish people as examples of white slavery should drown in the freaking liffey 😡😡😡.

Not even the fake Jews are this dense.

Just trying to help one along deciding whether a Fake jew is Racist. That's all.

I suggest that you make that decision yourself.
    Feel free to come back and tell us what you've decided on the 'great fake Jew' question.

Smondie wrote: »
    Here's an example

So these racist idiots decided that it was okay to wear brown and black faces to a pub in Dublin city centre while laughing in my face and everyone who called out their racist representations. Thanks to my ancestors for the serenity because I was so close to smacking the smug off their ignorant racist faces.

To think they so desperately include Irish people in slavery conversations smh. Any idiot who uses Irish people as examples of white slavery should drown in the freaking liffey ������.

She obviously has no idea about white Irish slaves. Black slaves were valued they cost money for example.

• Advertisement

I suggest that you make that decision yourself.
    Feel free to come back and tell us what you've decided on the 'great fake Jew' question.

Racist just like most have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Gave up when I seen Joe.ie

Here's an example

To think they so desperately include Irish people in slavery conversations smh. Any idiot who uses Irish people as examples of white slavery should drown in the freaking liffey 😡😡😡.

I'll say it one more time, but this time without any attempt at humour so as to convey sincerity.

What or who is a ''fake jew''?????????????????

I'll say it one more time, but this time without any attempt at humour so as to convey sincerity.

A racist slur beyond that who knows. Just like peckawood. Had to look that one up too.

Fake jew
    . Any caucasian past or present calling themselves Jewish or a Jew. This includes the current Caucasians living in the land of Israel as well as the caucasian "looking" Jewish people denying that they are caucasian who live in the land of Israel.

A racist slur beyond that who knows. Just like peckawood. Had to look that one up too.

Pekkerwood comes from the American south.

Fake jew
    . Any caucasian past or present calling themselves Jewish or a Jew. This includes the current Caucasians living in the land of Israel as well as the caucasian "looking" Jewish people denying that they are caucasian who live in the land of Israel.

Oh.... I was hoping it was like the guy in 'The Finkler Question'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I've seen plenty lads and ladies don blackface as part of a costume for Halloween nights out.

Doesn't stretch past being a bit of a laugh in fairness. Makes great ammunition for the eternally offended, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Noveight wrote: »
    I've seen plenty lads and ladies don blackface as part of a costume for Halloween nights out.

Doesn't stretch past being a bit of a laugh in fairness. Makes great ammunition for the eternally offended, mind.

Fair enough if it's a bit of a laugh while wearing a costume. But what is the laugh about when they're wearing normal clothes?

Fair enough if it's a bit of a laugh while wearing a costume. But what is the laugh about when they're wearing normal clothes?

Make-up left over and sharing in the costume as best as they can to show it's not Racist ?

• Advertisement

You're the expert on being offended on behalf of other people, we are asking YOU. If you are so intent on flogging the blackface issue, why the reluctance to talk about these other issues she mentions in the same breath? You were against Fake Frenchmen, yet you seem to be doing anything you can to avoid condemning these Fake Jews. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Why are so many engaging with this bigoted imbecile, one who denies Irish slavery and makes light of the Irish famine? I could somewhat understand if her ignorance was borne from the knowledge her ancestors were persecuted and abused in their time as slaves, but as she's not of African American heritage, that she would align herself with their plight whilst summarily dismissing the hardship of our ancestors shines a light on her racism. Ie; despite what history might show; All blacks were persecuted slaves, All whites were privileged slave owners. The lady really should educate herself beyond what that self imposed chip on her shoulder has deafened her with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Ronald Wilson Reagan

I goggled "fake jew" as I have never heard the term before, seems to be a thing in crackpot fundamentalist Christian and conspiracy theory nonsense. She also seems to be denying Irish oppression and slavery, damo dempsey must be a lying racist so by that logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fair play to them I say.

I'd never have the confidence to wear a Cool Runnings bobsled suit thingy!:pac:

Panthro wrote: »
    Fair play to them I say.

I'd never have the confidence to wear a Cool Runnings bobsled suit thingy!:pac:

Is this Fake Modesty or Real Modesty, because the moral sledgehammers are in town and they are rooting out ALL fake frenchmen, fake priests, fake Jamaican bobsleighers... etc etc etc.

They're undecided about Fake Jews though, wasn't covered in the "how to be OUTRAGED for a third party" workshop.

You're the expert on being offended on behalf of other people, we are asking YOU. If you are so intent on flogging the blackface issue, why the reluctance to talk about these other issues she mentions in the same breath? You were against Fake Frenchmen, yet you seem to be doing anything you can to avoid condemning these Fake Jews. Why?

There's a difference between 'taking offence on behalf of other people' and trying to see things from a different perspective and having some empathy for those who might feel directly offended.
    I know I would feel decidedly uncomfortable if I were standing close to that Dublin pub where those 'blacked-up clowns' were, and one or two 'real' black people strolled by, so it can't be hard to imagine how those 'real' black people might not think it a great idea............
    ......mind you, if they were to try their 'blacked-up' shtick outside a hostelry in North Philadelphia or Brixton then maybe my empathy for the potentially offended would quickly turn to concern for the safety of the blacked-up comic geniuses. Perhaps they should take their routine on a world tour, starting in Compton, California........though quite possibly ending there too.

Fake Frenchman ('Comic' Stereotype)...Beret, Garlic, Baguette.....glass of red wine perhaps.
    Fake Blackman........Blacking-up.
    Fake Jewish Person.....not so easy......

http://popchassid.com/10-photos-to-remind-you-that-jews-dont-fit-into-a-stereotype-and-never-have/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I goggled "fake jew" as I have never heard the term before, seems to be a thing in crackpot fundamentalist Christian and conspiracy theory nonsense. She also seems to be denying Irish oppression and slavery, damo dempsey must be a lying racist so by that logic.

i've had a look at some of the "fake jew" stuff and it is nuttier than squirrel ****.

i've had a look at some of the "fake jew" stuff and it is nuttier than squirrel ****.

No zxclinic said it's fine. They don't fit a type so it's not whateverist to be a fake jew or for somebody to call someone a Fake Jewish. Fake French man is bang out of order though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, when your so far out there it even makes the Flat Earthers seem rational your getting into a whole different level of crazy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Bambi wrote: »
    Wait til she gets to eeny meeny miney mo
    She's a bit dopey, she say ba ba wolly sheep have you any wool? Imagine asking a wooly sheep if they have any wool :rolleyes:

Advertisement