Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for transport suggestions between Central London and Bromley on Sundays?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

I've never been to London. I'm meant to be attending a course on Sept. 11th, a Sunday. The course is running from 8:45am - 5:30pm.

I'll be in London for a few days prior and a few days after the course so we wanted a Central London hotel to see the sights and do some shopping.

The course however, is located in Bromely Court Hotel, apparently 16.1KM South East of Central London. Anyone able to recommend how I should get there and get back on a Sunday?

Tried looking it up but it's mind boggling, haven't a notion.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Right, I've had a look there. You can get a train from Victoria at 7.45am on a Sunday which takes you to Bromley South (takes 16 mins). Then you get a bus from Bromley South station straight to the Bromley Court Hotel and the bus takes about 15 mins.

There are regular trains back to Victoria in the evening.

I just did a quick quote for Sunday 31 July on the Trainline website and it cost £11.10 for that date for an anytime day return.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Right, I've had a look there. You can get a train from Victoria at 7.45am on a Sunday which takes you to Bromley South (takes 16 mins). Then you get a bus from Bromley South station straight to the Bromley Court Hotel and the bus takes about 15 mins.

There are regular trains back to Victoria in the evening.

I just did a quick quote for Sunday 31 July on the Trainline website and it cost £11.10 for that date for an anytime day return.

Ah that's super, thanks so much. I keep having to remind myself that it's London and the world doesn't stop on a Sunday there. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Direct train from Blackfriars to Ravensbourne seems the easiest.

Advertisement