Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding eir Sport to your Sky TV box

• 19-07-2016 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

Sky TV customers who avail of eir broadband can add eir Sport to the Sky TV box free of charge.

Step 1 – Click here and use your ‘My eir’ details to login

Step 2 – Add your Sky viewing card number along with any multi-room subscriptions

Step 3 – Read and accept Terms & Conditions at the end of the page

Step 4 – Enjoy access to the 6 channel eir Sport pack!

Please note that viewing is normally activated within minutes however you should allow up to 4 hours. Further information available here.

• If you’re not already registered for ‘My eir’, please register here. You will need your eir account number and phone number (or broadband reference number for stand-alone broadband customers) in order to complete the registration process. For help on registering, check our FAQs.
    • For more information on watching eir Sport through your Sky box, click here.
    • For more information on eir Sport, please click here.

Thank you,

eir care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

I've not noticed eir sports 1 extra and eir sports 2 extra on my sky box. Are they available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I've not noticed eir sports 1 extra and eir sports 2 extra on my sky box. Are they available?
    Hi itsnotmyfault,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The channels are only available on eir Vision and the eir Sport app, however there is nothing shown on those extra channels on eir vision that isn’t shown on satellite. So you won’t be missing out on anything! :D

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I added my viewing card number late last year, today i received a letter from eir sports stating that my bank returned a request for payment as unpaid. I was a paying customer with Setanta Sports before eir bought it. 

How do i cancel this payment method, as i am a eir broadband customer i am entitled to it for free.

manutd wrote: »
    I added my viewing card number late last year, today i received a letter from eir sports stating that my bank returned a request for payment as unpaid. I was a paying customer with Setanta Sports before eir bought it. 

How do i cancel this payment method, as i am a eir broadband customer i am entitled to it for free.
    Hi  manutd,

You would need to contact the eir Sport team directly on 0818271416 and they will be able to assist you with this.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭howiya

Sky customer and eir subscriber. Is it possible to register to use the eir sport app. I signed up with my sky viewing card so don't have an eir account number

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi howiya,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

Unfortunately, you would need to be an eir customer to be able to subscribe to the eir sports app.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi howiya,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

Unfortunately, you would need to be an eir customer to be able to subscribe to the eir sports app.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Am I not an eir customer by subscribing to eir?

Hi howiya, 

Unfortunately, this app is only available to eir broadband customers

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Hi howiya, 

Unfortunately, this app is only available to eir broadband customers

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

I must have got confused by the Welcome to Eir email...

Please be so kind to provide details on how I can cancel my subscription

I'm not going to pay money to a company who values the custom of others over my custom

Hi howyia, 

If you would wish to cancel your subscription I would advise you to ring the relevant department on 0818 20 30 40. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to get back in contact if you have any further quriers.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Advertisement

Thanks. Got through to them yesterday. Now paying less for my subscription for the next three months and have been advised that I can watch the channels through the Setanta go service.

Amazing how little Eir staff know about the service. Surely that could have been suggested on here rather than me threatening to cancel my subscription to your channels

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. However, I would have been personally unable to assist you with cancelling your subscription from here.

I do apologise for any inconvenience or confusion caused.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

howiya wrote: »
    Thanks. Got through to them yesterday. Now paying less for my subscription for the next three months and have been advised that I can watch the channels through the Setanta go service.

Amazing how little Eir staff know about the service. Surely that could have been suggested on here rather than me threatening to cancel my subscription to your channels

PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RTD2011

Added my main box to my eir account last night, no problems, and went to add the second box in my sons room today, and says the following: 

We're Sorry…
    Our records indicate that you have already activated a viewing card via your My eir Login details.

Please contact a dedicated eir Sport customer service agent on 0818 20 30 40 should you wish to discuss your account further. Lines open from 10a Mon-Sat, Closed Sun.

I thought I could add up to 2 boxes for free??

RTD2011 wrote: »
    Added my main box to my eir account last night, no problems, and went to add the second box in my sons room today, and says the following: 

We're Sorry…
    Our records indicate that you have already activated a viewing card via your My eir Login details.

Please contact a dedicated eir Sport customer service agent on 0818 20 30 40 should you wish to discuss your account further. Lines open from 10a Mon-Sat, Closed Sun.

Hi  RTD2011,

When you originally registered your Sky box did you enter the multi-room details here? Once you have entered the multi-room details and rebooted the box eir Sport should be active within four hours. 

If you are still experiencing issues the eir Sport team will be more than happy to assist you with this on 0818203040.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭worded

Hi,

Is Mozilla no longer supporting Eir Sport
    Was working ok for a few months up to now 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi worded,

Unfortunately, eir Sport is viewed through Silverlight which Mozilla Firefox no longer supports.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

RTD2011 wrote: »

We're Sorry…

Hi  RTD2011,

When you originally registered your Sky box did you enter the multi-room details here? Once you have entered the multi-room details and rebooted the box eir Sport should be active within four hours. 

If you are still experiencing issues the eir Sport team will be more than happy to assist you with this on 0818203040.

-Pamela 
    I understood from a previous post that a customer could enable two cards?
    Does the above answer indicate that this is only possible if the customer has a Sky subscription to multiroom?

What about customers who have no Sky subscription?
    Can they activate a second card to receive eir Sports channels?

I go to this webpage
    https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eirconnect
    and I see the following
    You are entitled to activate 2 Sky viewing cards free of charge, provided they are registered to the home address in accordance with your valid "My eir" login details.
    so I attempt to activate a second card by putting in the number where requested, and having waited a short time I get this response
    We're Sorry

What is wrong that the page will not take the card number from the second card?

Hi Johnboy1951,

Unfortunately this is something you would be unable to do online, however, I would recommend contacting our eir Sport team on 0818 20 30 40 and they can activate this for you. 

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement

eir: Anna wrote: »
    Hi Johnboy1951,

Unfortunately this is something you would be unable to do online, however, I would recommend contacting our eir Sport team on 0818 20 30 40 and they can activate this for you. 

Thanks,
    Anna
    :(

Thanks for responding.

It might be a good idea to add a sentence to that webpage telling customers that the second card needs to be activated via phone call.

What are the limitations on registering a second card?
    I saw a reference to Sky multiroom in another post.
    I am not a Sky customer.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused to you.

You can register any two cards, if you contact the team directly there would be none.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 5 snack_box

Hi, 

I'm an Eir broadband customer and I ant to register for Eir Sports on my Sky box. I registered for myEir this morning, for the first time.

I then tried register for Eir Sports on a Sky  box. However, the portal will not accept the my Eir credentials which I registered this morning.

Could you advise if I'm doing something wrong or if I need to wait until tomorrow to register fro Eir Sports on my Sky box?

Thank you in advance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Hi,

I have eir broadband, and a sky box but no viewing card. Someone earlier mentioned Eir will supply a sky viewing card to avail of air sports, is this correct?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all, my dad has eir sports (including sky sports) is it possible for me to download the sky sports app and watch it in my home? If he gives me his account number etc.. 

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭skydish79

Hoboo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have eir broadband, and a sky box but no viewing card. Someone earlier mentioned Eir will supply a sky viewing card to avail of air sports, is this correct?

Cheers
    Hi did you get a response to this, in the same situation, just wondering how to get a sky card and how is it paired to a sky box , will it not say this is the wrong viewing card for the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 galwayred82

Same issue as a poster above. I can log into myEir a/c, check bills etc but when I try to register for Eirsport on my skybox it is not recognising my eir login. Can somebody assist please? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭rodge123

Is it possible to get Eir Sport free if I'm a mobile broadband customer with you?
    I'm too far from exchange to get decent fixed broadband line with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭gabe1977

I have a sky q mini in the main bedroom and the eirsport package is not working on it.
    Could you please contact me to discuss how to get these stations activated on my sky q mini
    Thanks
    Gabriel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

I just phoned Eir support as I'm not getting a response from thread here.. I signed up wed and since then have been trying to add the free sports channels promised but it keeps bouncing back saying I'm not a broadband customer.. Obviously I am.. Support agent said I was second new customer today with same problem and that technical team are going to look into it and that was kinda it.. No resolve time, no other explanation.. Just popping this on here for others to have info in case they too are having problems adding sports...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pli5kin

I just phoned Eir support as I'm not getting a response from thread here.. I signed up wed and since then have been trying to add the free sports channels promised but it keeps bouncing back saying I'm not a broadband customer.. Obviously I am.. Support agent said I was second new customer today with same problem and that technical team are going to look into it and that was kinda it.. No resolve time, no other explanation.. Just popping this on here for others to have info in case they too are having problems adding sports...
    Yes, I have the same issue. Extremely frustrating. It's been like this near a month now now and I've wasted hours talking to support. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the issue. When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?

I also couldn't actually register for my eir for two weeks, there is something weird going on with their system. Still waiting for my 100 euro cashback too......

pli5kin wrote: »
    Yes, I have the same issue. Extremely frustrating. It's been like this near a month now now and I've wasted hours talking to support. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the issue. When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?

I also couldn't actually register for my eir for two weeks, there is something weird going on with their system. Still waiting for my 100 euro cashback too......

That's not good at all, and your still waiting for 100 € cash back...
    And what is there explanation when you query it.. Because it's funny how when I rang last Friday I was the second new customer that day and like it was a random odd error, then support here on boards said my fault was not logged and they had logged it instead for me... and that was that. No phone call, basically sounds like eir are cowboys, would expect this kinda thing off the smaller companies but eir have been shocking in the whole one week I'm with them, customer service wise...

That's not good at all, and your still waiting for 100 € cash back...
    And what is there explanation when you query it.. Because it's funny how when I rang last Friday I was the second new customer that day and like it was a random odd error, then support here on boards said my fault was not logged and they had logged it instead for me... and that was that. No phone call, basically sounds like eir are cowboys, would expect this kinda thing off the smaller companies but eir have been shocking in the whole one week I'm with them, customer service wise...
    I haven't begun the process of asking about the cashback yet but I'm keeping a close eye on my spam folder for now. I had a very bad issue with eir mobile a couple of years back that I wont go into but I hoped that they would have sorted their customer service by now but from my initial experience it hasn't changed one bit. Sorry to ask again now but it would be good to know if our problems are the same - "When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?"

I haven't begun the process of asking about the cashback yet but I'm keeping a close eye on my spam folder for now. I had a very bad issue with eir mobile a couple of years back that I wont go into but I hoped that they would have sorted their customer service by now but from my initial experience it hasn't changed one bit. Sorry to ask again now but it would be good to know if our problems are the same - "When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?"

Hi, yes its the same with me.. I just spent last 35 mins drained speaking to customer service.. They are like robots.. After repeating myself numerous times about it not recognising my bundles on both my eir and when I log in separately to add the sports, he finally says after telling me download the app for sports.. I don't want the app. I ringing to to add sports to TV and query why account is not yet updated with bundles ect ect.. He then said ohhh, you need to ring 0818203040 and they will activate for you..... Wait what... Like in fairness I sometimes wonder about peoples capabilities in the world... And I refused to be charged 9cent a minute to ring, and asked and waiting now for supervisor to ring me back now... I think I'll just cancel because I'm still withing 14 days and I feel like a weeks worth of energy has been drained from me speaking to that person....

Hi, yes its the same with me.. I just spent last 35 mins drained speaking to customer service.. They are like robots.. After repeating myself numerous times about it not recognising my bundles on both my eir and when I log in separately to add the sports, he finally says after telling me download the app for sports.. I don't want the app. I ringing to to add sports to TV and query why account is not yet updated with bundles ect ect.. He then said ohhh, you need to ring 0818203040 and they will activate for you..... Wait what... Like in fairness I sometimes wonder about peoples capabilities in the world... And I refused to be charged 9cent a minute to ring, and asked and waiting now for supervisor to ring me back now... I think I'll just cancel because I'm still withing 14 days and I feel like a weeks worth of energy has been drained from me speaking to that person....
    I'm outside my cooling period unfortunately but I will try that number you mentioned after to see If I get anywhere, it's just trying to find time to ring them is the issue because you would be on the phone so long.

Did they mention what dept. that number is for, it may not even work as a solution knowing Eir...

• Advertisement

I'm outside my cooling period unfortunately but I will try that number you mentioned after to see If I get anywhere, it's just trying to find time to ring them is the issue because you would be on the phone so long.

Did they mention what dept. that number is for, it may not even work as a solution knowing Eir...

They said it was the eir sports section which has nothing to do with them.. I'm not hopefully that would work.. I'm not wasting money trying to be honest either.. I am waiting now for supervised to ring me because the least they can do is activate it for me... Why should I spend money ring a premium number to activate something that's is eirs error...

They said it was the eir sports section which has nothing to do with them.. I'm not hopefully that would work.. I'm not wasting money trying to be honest either.. I am waiting now for supervised to ring me because the least they can do is activate it for me... Why should I spend money ring a premium number to activate something that's is eirs error...
    I agree, it wouldn't make sense that Eir Sports could activate it so that your bundles would appear in your My Eir account, sounds like the old run around again. Let me know how you get on and I will let you know If I have any joy with that number later.

I agree, it wouldn't make sense that Eir Sports could activate it so that your bundles would appear in your My Eir account, sounds like the old run around again. Let me know how you get on and I will let you know If I have any joy with that number later.

Perfect, I did just download the app for the craic haha, guess what, error after I logged in was sorry there's something wrong with your account please phone 1800519519..

Perfect, I did just download the app for the craic haha, guess what, error after I logged in was sorry there's something wrong with your account please phone 1800519519..
    Ya, same for me. What a joke.

Also their Eir Talk app just doesn't work either, cant sign into it but that's widespread going off the reviews on play store. Fair play Eir.

Also their Eir Talk app just doesn't work either, cant sign into it but that's widespread going off the reviews on play store. Fair play Eir.

Just phoned that number which is actually 1901, got through to Dimitri, who was excellent so far... Basically he said the account was set up incorrectly on eir.ie When I set up I used my landline number as the number when asked but I actually should off used a stand alone broadband number, (I don't know how i cpuld have known about this #,anyway).....He helped me remove the previous account a activate the new one... He said it could take up to 24 hours to work... Now whether or not it works I font know but at least he was competent and straight had a solution .... I'll keep you updated.... Hopefully this is same issue as you and you can sort it out too...

Now waiting game.....

• Advertisement

Just phoned that number which is actually 1901, got through to Dimitri, who was excellent so far... Basically he said the account was set up incorrectly on eir.ie When I set up I used my landline number as the number when asked but I actually should off used a stand alone broadband number, (I don't know  how i cpuld have known about this #,anyway).....He helped me remove the previous account a activate the new one... He said it could take up to 24 hours to work... Now whether or not it works I font know but at least he was competent and straight had a solution .... I'll keep you updated.... Hopefully this is same issue as you and you can sort it out too...

Now waiting game.....
    Cheers for the update. They asked me to do the same thing because they told me I used my number instead of broadband reference number(I didn't) waited 24 hours, no joy.

I also spent 30 minutes on hold on the way home from work today to finally get through to support, the agent then said he had an issue with his PC and would call me back in 5 minutes. Still waiting....

Cheers for the update. They asked me to do the same thing because they told me I used my number instead of broadband reference number(I didn't) waited 24 hours, no joy.

I also spent 30 minutes on hold on the way home from work today to finally get through to support, the agent then said he had an issue with his PC and would call me back in 5 minutes. Still waiting....

Even the PC's have given up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

Even the PC's have given up...

Is adding eir sport to sky box straight forward a process? Kind of assuming it's instantaneous and hassle free ?

DRice wrote: »
    Is adding eir sport to sky box straight forward a process? Kind of assuming it's instantaneous and hassle free ?[/quote

Best to ring the premium number, eir are a joke to deal with.. And if u havent signed up yet, look for other options..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What number do I need to ring to get a sky card for the eir channels?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fakedel

Hello,

I have Sky Q and I'm thinking of getting the Eir sports packages; can you tell me if all the channels are in HD?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 449 ✭✭DRice

could someone summarise how to add eirsport to sky tv. The register link on this page doesnt work

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

i am not ringing a premium number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

Hi there, can you advise how I cancel the eir sport package on Satellite (I am not an eir broadband customer so now paying 29.99/month).

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi there, can you advise how I cancel the eir sport package on Satellite (I am not an eir broadband customer so now paying 29.99/month).

Thanks!
    Hi wiresandmore

You would need to contact your service provider if you don't have an account with us.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Thanks!
    Hi wiresandmore

You would need to contact your service provider if you don't have an account with us.

Many thanks

Linzi
    ok - but does the 29.99/month to eir not indicate I have a contract with you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement