Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding eir Sport to your Sky TV box

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 pli5kin

I just phoned Eir support as I'm not getting a response from thread here.. I signed up wed and since then have been trying to add the free sports channels promised but it keeps bouncing back saying I'm not a broadband customer.. Obviously I am.. Support agent said I was second new customer today with same problem and that technical team are going to look into it and that was kinda it.. No resolve time, no other explanation.. Just popping this on here for others to have info in case they too are having problems adding sports...
    Yes, I have the same issue. Extremely frustrating. It's been like this near a month now now and I've wasted hours talking to support. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the issue. When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?

I also couldn't actually register for my eir for two weeks, there is something weird going on with their system. Still waiting for my 100 euro cashback too......

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Chattymummy

pli5kin wrote: »
    Yes, I have the same issue. Extremely frustrating. It's been like this near a month now now and I've wasted hours talking to support. Glad to hear someone else is experiencing the issue. When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?

I also couldn't actually register for my eir for two weeks, there is something weird going on with their system. Still waiting for my 100 euro cashback too......

That's not good at all, and your still waiting for 100 € cash back...
    And what is there explanation when you query it.. Because it's funny how when I rang last Friday I was the second new customer that day and like it was a random odd error, then support here on boards said my fault was not logged and they had logged it instead for me... and that was that. No phone call, basically sounds like eir are cowboys, would expect this kinda thing off the smaller companies but eir have been shocking in the whole one week I'm with them, customer service wise...

That's not good at all, and your still waiting for 100 € cash back...
    And what is there explanation when you query it.. Because it's funny how when I rang last Friday I was the second new customer that day and like it was a random odd error, then support here on boards said my fault was not logged and they had logged it instead for me... and that was that. No phone call, basically sounds like eir are cowboys, would expect this kinda thing off the smaller companies but eir have been shocking in the whole one week I'm with them, customer service wise...
    I haven't begun the process of asking about the cashback yet but I'm keeping a close eye on my spam folder for now. I had a very bad issue with eir mobile a couple of years back that I wont go into but I hoped that they would have sorted their customer service by now but from my initial experience it hasn't changed one bit. Sorry to ask again now but it would be good to know if our problems are the same - "When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?"

I haven't begun the process of asking about the cashback yet but I'm keeping a close eye on my spam folder for now. I had a very bad issue with eir mobile a couple of years back that I wont go into but I hoped that they would have sorted their customer service by now but from my initial experience it hasn't changed one bit. Sorry to ask again now but it would be good to know if our problems are the same - "When you login to my eir does your bundle details under "Your usage since last bill" also not load?"

Hi, yes its the same with me.. I just spent last 35 mins drained speaking to customer service.. They are like robots.. After repeating myself numerous times about it not recognising my bundles on both my eir and when I log in separately to add the sports, he finally says after telling me download the app for sports.. I don't want the app. I ringing to to add sports to TV and query why account is not yet updated with bundles ect ect.. He then said ohhh, you need to ring 0818203040 and they will activate for you..... Wait what... Like in fairness I sometimes wonder about peoples capabilities in the world... And I refused to be charged 9cent a minute to ring, and asked and waiting now for supervisor to ring me back now... I think I'll just cancel because I'm still withing 14 days and I feel like a weeks worth of energy has been drained from me speaking to that person....

Hi, yes its the same with me.. I just spent last 35 mins drained speaking to customer service.. They are like robots.. After repeating myself numerous times about it not recognising my bundles on both my eir and when I log in separately to add the sports, he finally says after telling me download the app for sports.. I don't want the app. I ringing to to add sports to TV and query why account is not yet updated with bundles ect ect.. He then said ohhh, you need to ring 0818203040 and they will activate for you..... Wait what... Like in fairness I sometimes wonder about peoples capabilities in the world... And I refused to be charged 9cent a minute to ring, and asked and waiting now for supervisor to ring me back now... I think I'll just cancel because I'm still withing 14 days and I feel like a weeks worth of energy has been drained from me speaking to that person....
    I'm outside my cooling period unfortunately but I will try that number you mentioned after to see If I get anywhere, it's just trying to find time to ring them is the issue because you would be on the phone so long.

Did they mention what dept. that number is for, it may not even work as a solution knowing Eir...

• Advertisement

I'm outside my cooling period unfortunately but I will try that number you mentioned after to see If I get anywhere, it's just trying to find time to ring them is the issue because you would be on the phone so long.

Did they mention what dept. that number is for, it may not even work as a solution knowing Eir...

They said it was the eir sports section which has nothing to do with them.. I'm not hopefully that would work.. I'm not wasting money trying to be honest either.. I am waiting now for supervised to ring me because the least they can do is activate it for me... Why should I spend money ring a premium number to activate something that's is eirs error...

They said it was the eir sports section which has nothing to do with them.. I'm not hopefully that would work.. I'm not wasting money trying to be honest either.. I am waiting now for supervised to ring me because the least they can do is activate it for me... Why should I spend money ring a premium number to activate something that's is eirs error...
    I agree, it wouldn't make sense that Eir Sports could activate it so that your bundles would appear in your My Eir account, sounds like the old run around again. Let me know how you get on and I will let you know If I have any joy with that number later.

I agree, it wouldn't make sense that Eir Sports could activate it so that your bundles would appear in your My Eir account, sounds like the old run around again. Let me know how you get on and I will let you know If I have any joy with that number later.

Perfect, I did just download the app for the craic haha, guess what, error after I logged in was sorry there's something wrong with your account please phone 1800519519..

Perfect, I did just download the app for the craic haha, guess what, error after I logged in was sorry there's something wrong with your account please phone 1800519519..
    Ya, same for me. What a joke.

Also their Eir Talk app just doesn't work either, cant sign into it but that's widespread going off the reviews on play store. Fair play Eir.

Also their Eir Talk app just doesn't work either, cant sign into it but that's widespread going off the reviews on play store. Fair play Eir.

Just phoned that number which is actually 1901, got through to Dimitri, who was excellent so far... Basically he said the account was set up incorrectly on eir.ie When I set up I used my landline number as the number when asked but I actually should off used a stand alone broadband number, (I don't know how i cpuld have known about this #,anyway).....He helped me remove the previous account a activate the new one... He said it could take up to 24 hours to work... Now whether or not it works I font know but at least he was competent and straight had a solution .... I'll keep you updated.... Hopefully this is same issue as you and you can sort it out too...

Now waiting game.....

• Advertisement

Just phoned that number which is actually 1901, got through to Dimitri, who was excellent so far... Basically he said the account was set up incorrectly on eir.ie When I set up I used my landline number as the number when asked but I actually should off used a stand alone broadband number, (I don't know  how i cpuld have known about this #,anyway).....He helped me remove the previous account a activate the new one... He said it could take up to 24 hours to work... Now whether or not it works I font know but at least he was competent and straight had a solution .... I'll keep you updated.... Hopefully this is same issue as you and you can sort it out too...

Now waiting game.....
    Cheers for the update. They asked me to do the same thing because they told me I used my number instead of broadband reference number(I didn't) waited 24 hours, no joy.

I also spent 30 minutes on hold on the way home from work today to finally get through to support, the agent then said he had an issue with his PC and would call me back in 5 minutes. Still waiting....

Cheers for the update. They asked me to do the same thing because they told me I used my number instead of broadband reference number(I didn't) waited 24 hours, no joy.

I also spent 30 minutes on hold on the way home from work today to finally get through to support, the agent then said he had an issue with his PC and would call me back in 5 minutes. Still waiting....

Even the PC's have given up...

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

Even the PC's have given up...

Is adding eir sport to sky box straight forward a process? Kind of assuming it's instantaneous and hassle free ?

DRice wrote: »
    Is adding eir sport to sky box straight forward a process? Kind of assuming it's instantaneous and hassle free ?[/quote

Best to ring the premium number, eir are a joke to deal with.. And if u havent signed up yet, look for other options..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

What number do I need to ring to get a sky card for the eir channels?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fakedel

Hello,

I have Sky Q and I'm thinking of getting the Eir sports packages; can you tell me if all the channels are in HD?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

could someone summarise how to add eirsport to sky tv. The register link on this page doesnt work

https://subscribe.eirsport.ie/eircustomer

i am not ringing a premium number.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

Hi there, can you advise how I cancel the eir sport package on Satellite (I am not an eir broadband customer so now paying 29.99/month).

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi there, can you advise how I cancel the eir sport package on Satellite (I am not an eir broadband customer so now paying 29.99/month).

Thanks!
    Hi wiresandmore

You would need to contact your service provider if you don't have an account with us.

Many thanks

Linzi

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wiresandmore

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Thanks!
    Hi wiresandmore

You would need to contact your service provider if you don't have an account with us.

Many thanks

Linzi
    ok - but does the 29.99/month to eir not indicate I have a contract with you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

eir: Linzi wrote: »

Thanks!
    Hi wiresandmore

Many thanks

Linzi
    ok - but does the 29.99/month to eir not indicate I have a contract with you?
    Hi wiresandmore

If you were an eir customer you would get the eir sports channels for free.  The charge is coming from your service provider and it is them that you would have to go through to cancel the service. 

Thanks

Linzi

Advertisement