Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live, 19-6-16 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So wait no bayley ? I'm really happy carmella is on smackdown but come ****ing on how was Eva ****ing Marie drafted and bayley wasn't ?

absolutely outrageous that Eva Marie, Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Nia Jaxx get called up before Bayley.
    Imagine how she feels right now

Two of those four and maybe three I'm fine with as but Eva Marie is a horrible pick. Just horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Don't know who I'm more annoyed about... Eva or Mojo Fecking Rawley.

Hate him

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Two of those four and maybe three I'm fine with as but Eva Marie is a horrible pick. Just horrible.

Ah I like the 3 of them, just not ahead of Bayley. guess the feel the NXT womens division won't survive without her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Someone needs to buy them a new thesaurus. I keep hearing the word 'phenomenal', and its starting to bug me.

• Advertisement

So Raw uses 2 picks just to get 2 thirds of Social Outcasts and not Slater. What a rib

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

First time watching Smackdown in about 7/8 years, and I must say that Mauro Ranallo is a great play by play commentator. Can't remember the last time I heard a frankensteiner being called.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

If bayley isn't the mystery partner on Sunday then wwe and the mcmahons can eat a fat one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Miz being put on Smackdown is nearly the biggest surprise to me, when you've three hours to fill every week, a guy like Miz is worth a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

absolutely outrageous that Eva Marie, Alexa Bliss, Carmella and Nia Jaxx get called up before Bayley.
    Imagine how she feels right now

Everyone going nuts over Bayley. She'll be Sasha's tag partner on sunday and that will be her call up. Better than a 15 second video graphic. Chill lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finn is the big winner for me in the draft. Raw's 3rd pick and NXTs 1st

Him on the same roster as Gallows & Anderson (Raw) should be interesting and (AJ being on SD) you also can't help but note that Sheamus is also on that roster. Unfortunately Becky didn't go there especially as the womens title is also now on Raw.

Speaking of which it def looks like Raw has the far superior Womens division (Charlotte, Sasha, Nia Jax, Paige, Dana Brooke, Alexa Bliss, Summer Rae) so you have have to wonder what actually is there for Becky (with Nattie, Naomi, Carmella & Naomi)

Strowman to Raw Rowan to SD (with Bray), Luke Haper not mentioned. I suspect Luke will join Bray and Rowan on SD and Strowman to have a failed big man push on Raw.

That along with Owens & Zayn both going to Raw might suggest that there could be some trades.

No Nakamura or Bayley instead Mojo Rawley can now form the Hype bros on SD with Zack Ryder and Carmella is sent to SD where there is no Enzo & Cass and no womens title.The Usos also did not go to the same brand as Roman Reigns.

Maybe being the mystery Battleground partner will be Bayley's call up but then what is she just immediately put on Raw cos thats where the womens belt / other ladies from that match are?

Heath Slater was not drafted... now he is even more of a social outcast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

That was pretty poor on Smackdown. What I feared happened: they've used Smackdown as a dumping ground for the ****ehawks that they won't admit are in no way popular in spite of their best efforts.

Corbin? Ziggler? Ascension? The Usos? GTFO

Had they put Gallows and Anderson, Finn and Zayn on SD that would have made all they difference without hurting Raw in amyway.

They ****ed this up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    That was pretty poor on Smackdown. What I feared happened: they've used Smackdown as a dumping ground for the ****ehawks that they won't admit are in no way popular in spite of their best efforts.

Corbin? Ziggler? Ascension? The Usos? GTFO

Had they put Gallows and Anderson, Finn and Zayn on SD that would have made all they difference without hurting Raw in amyway.

They ****ed this up.

Really? I thought Smackdown ended up with more bigger names than I expected; Cena will draw a big kid crowd with him, and Orton and Bray are two top lads as well. Ambrose and Styles as well. While I had expected Raw to walk out with the big names and Smackdown with the "potential", I felt Smackdown won the main event scene, so to speak.

Raw has Rollins and Reigns as their main guys. They got Brock but he isn't there that often. And without Cena, Orton, Ambrose and Styles, there is now a tonne of room for people to step up there. Owens, Finn, Cesaro et Al must be thrilled with the draft given they look to have put Raw as the place to be for younger upandcomers.

I know someone said they expected Vince to switch the rosters when it was said and done and I wouldn't have been shocked if that had happened by the end, given the balance.

As for NXTers not getting called up, I am not bothered...a draft like this, for competition sake, will rely on "free agents" signing up. Way happier at the thoughts of a bidding war going on for the likes of Nakamura and Bayley.

Also, Bryan is so likeable on the draft centre. He comes across so genuine and passionate. Really looking forward to seeing how they use him on Smackdown, and with the bigger names, there should be less fear of them being overshadowed by him.

Heath didn't get drafted (which is funny for his character) but was there anyone else who didn't get picked?

And Finn getting put over so big, AND getting the Club sans AJ is amazing for him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Really? I thought Smackdown ended up with more bigger names than I expected; Cena will draw a big kid crowd with him, and Orton and Bray are two top lads as well. Ambrose and Styles as well. While I had expected Raw to walk out with the big names and Smackdown with the "potential", I felt Smackdown won the main event scene, so to speak.

Raw has Rollins and Reigns as their main guys. They got Brock but he isn't there that often. And without Cena, Orton, Ambrose and Styles, there is now a tonne of room for people to step up there. Owens, Finn, Cesaro et Al must be thrilled with the draft given they look to have put Raw as the place to be for younger upandcomers.

I know someone said they expected Vince to switch the rosters when it was said and done and I wouldn't have been shocked if that had happened by the end, given the balance.

As for NXTers not getting called up, I am not bothered...a draft like this, for competition sake, will rely on "free agents" signing up. Way happier at the thoughts of a bidding war going on for the likes of Nakamura and Bayley.

Also, Bryan is so likeable on the draft centre. He comes across so genuine and passionate. Really looking forward to seeing how they use him on Smackdown, and with the bigger names, there should be less fear of them being overshadowed by him.

Heath didn't get drafted (which is funny for his character) but was there anyone else who didn't get picked?

And Finn getting put over so big, AND getting the Club sans AJ is amazing for him.
    Smackdown is top heavy from what I can see with two of those two guys, Cena and Orton, not exactly the fresh and exciting faces required to really push on.

Then there's the issue of numerous feuds having already happened among Ambrose, Bray, AJ, Cena and Orton.

The midcard and tag team is also very weak in my opinion. Who are AA going to feud with to put them on the map. Gallows and Anderson could have been ideal.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Smackdown is top heavy from what I can see with two of those two guys, Cena and Orton, not exactly the fresh and exciting faces required to really push on.

Then there's the issue of numerous feuds having already happened among Ambrose, Bray, AJ, Cena and Orton.

The midcard and tag team is also very weak in my opinion. Who are AA going to feud with to put them on the map. Gallows and Anderson could have been ideal.

Yeah, thats fair enough. My point, I guess, is that the show didn't get shafted imo and got more bigger names than I though. I think Smackdown, long term, should be looking at Nakamura and Joe to add to it. I'd imagine Cena/Aj keeps going till Summerslam (how does AJ do now on his own against Cena), Orton tied up with Brock till then and I'd guess moves onto Ambrose for something fresh after that.

At two hours, there doesn't need to be a massive amount of depth in a division starting off. I could see Alphas/Usos being the direction they move with first, using Ascension and Vaude as their jobbers. Again, they can use NXTers like The Revival as nessecary (hell, having them angry they didn't get drafted when AA did can be their story).

Listen, I'm not disagreeing it didn't get depth, but as you said, it's front loaded more than I think most would have predicted, and at only 2 hours (ignoring ads), they don't need the depth starting off. I think they did better than a lot of people are giving them credit for.

Meanwhile, Raw....take out Reigns and use Mick heavily over Steph, and it looks massively revitalized imo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Smackdown stream kept crashing so ended up mainly watching the network show, worth checking out as the unscripted interviews were pretty entertaining. The likes of Ziggler and Sheamus gave good accounts of themselves, getting over the need to improve their standing, pity that they get stuck with scripts on the main shows that make them seem like cartoon characters. Nice to hear Sheamus mention how he and finn started off around the same time but with different Irish feds and how they took different paths to get here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

just seen the new commentator lineups. Cole Graves Saxton on Raw, Mauro, JBL and Otunga on SD.
    Was hoping Graves would teamup with Mauro on SD, but its definitely an improvement for Raw.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Yeah, thats fair enough. My point, I guess, is that the show didn't get shafted imo and got more bigger names than I though. I think Smackdown, long term, should be looking at Nakamura and Joe to add to it. I'd imagine Cena/Aj keeps going till Summerslam (how does AJ do now on his own against Cena), Orton tied up with Brock till then and I'd guess moves onto Ambrose for something fresh after that.

At two hours, there doesn't need to be a massive amount of depth in a division starting off. I could see Alphas/Usos being the direction they move with first, using Ascension and Vaude as their jobbers. Again, they can use NXTers like The Revival as nessecary (hell, having them angry they didn't get drafted when AA did can be their story).

Listen, I'm not disagreeing it didn't get depth, but as you said, it's front loaded more than I think most would have predicted, and at only 2 hours (ignoring ads), they don't need the depth starting off. I think they did better than a lot of people are giving them credit for.

Meanwhile, Raw....take out Reigns and use Mick heavily over Steph, and it looks massively revitalized imo...
    Maybe I'm underestimating the popularity of Orton and Cena in the US, them being exclusive will probably help SD alright.

Does Raw really need the lion's share of the leading women and the cruiserweight division? Even at 3 hours I'm sure someone is going to lose out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The womens divsion is favoured to raw got to think becky is going to be the figurehead and top face for them on smackdown which is great for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just rewatching Finn being picked again that "Pop" he got was something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

What about people who didn't get picked ?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Ok so watched it this morning - and as a show it flowed quite well - with the couple of matches in between...

Couple of things that WWE always does to us and just leaves ya with a bad taste

Bayley not coming up is just silly - unless Battleground changes that
    Mojo Rawley is an absolute total waste of a pick - HYPE BRO's or not - hated that tag team in NXT and will def hate them on Smackdown
    Only 6 Picks from NXT - when i heard it the other day that only 6 would come up i was just like why - considering that 3 of them were women and thats even the fact they forgot Bailey - Finn was always going to be moved up - that left 2 places between Nakamura, Roode, Joe, Aries, American Alpha, Revival, Tye - Im all in on AA - but i dont think they brought up enough or brought up the right people.... looking at you MoJo

Aside from that looking over the draft i was surprised with how it went - New Day/Enzo Cass - Cena/Orton - KO/Y2J/Cessaro/Zayn - Show/Henry - Rusev/Sheamus - They didnt separate similar characters to different shows - with the Exception of Del Rio and Sheamus - that was the only time that i felt same guy - 2 shows - perfect - but it didnt have that consistancy at all! I think that Smackdown is actually just going to be lets put over the old guys i.e. Cena & Orton - and ruin the likes of AJ, Bray and Ambrose. Hate that Becky is gone to smackdown too cos now she will be in a weekly triple threat with Nattie and EVA Marie - Yikes - i know that she will be the top female but its awful for her - she will not have a solid match with any of them cos there all terrible - maybe carmella might be the best of the lot.

Also with the way they were building D Young i thought he was going to win on Sunday - not the case now cos they only have the World Champ and IC Title.... Wyatts are split up now... so there hardly going to win against New Day.... If Ambrose looses the title it just means that Miz has to retain to keep the IC Title on the show.... were Raw has Womans Champ, US Champ, Cruiserweight Champ and possibly one of the other 2 - if Ryder gets the US Title then why the hell did they bring up MoJo and why build Rusev as a monster if Ryder can beat him

After the show and watching the draft and JBL moving to Smackdown - im not sure if i want to watch it...... maybe for AJ and American Alpha

P.S. Delighted for Finn and hope they push him massively

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

What about people who didn't get picked ?

Slater is the only one on the website listed as undrafted.... so that will be some stupid storyline!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A lot of the draft didn't make sense tbh, lots of X before Y's and Cena being 7th choice like :rolleyes:
    Bayley, Asuka, Nakamura snd Joe not being picked despite being challengers and champs. (Just say they ain't eligible because of the next Takeover).
    Having a few tag teams and diva's in purgatory on Smackdown without a title :confused:
    Can't say anything made me more likely to watch either show that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It would be interesting if aj could form a new club on smackdown over time. Then you could have balor club v aj new club at survivor series or a cross promotion ppv

Maybe I forgot but mojo was drafted last night ? Ah balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

ceegee wrote: »
    just seen the new commentator lineups. Cole Graves Saxton on Raw, Mauro, JBL and Otunga on SD.
    Was hoping Graves would teamup with Mauro on SD, but its definitely an improvement for Raw.

The King gone ???

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The King gone ???

Unless he moves to NXT, yeah...

Or he could the Booker route of being a panelist. Speaking of, anyone see Booker roast Reigns and the Usos after Raw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Does that count as a demotion for JBL?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

CSF wrote: »
    Does that count as a demotion for JBL?

Not really. Just means he can spend a whole weekend in Bermuda watching European rugby and playing the golf before flying out on Monday afternoon for Smackdown on Tuesday. And I can see him being used by Michael Cole to light a fire under Mauro the way he did Cole when he first joined the SD commentary team. Also a better foil for Otunga to play off than Lawler would be.

Advertisement