Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown Live, 19-6-16 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    The King gone ???

Unless he moves to NXT, yeah...

Or he could the Booker route of being a panelist. Speaking of, anyone see Booker roast Reigns and the Usos after Raw?
    After raw ? He was a bit blunt to the uso about reigns after smackdown last night but booker seemed to calling in the ring so to speak last night and saying what felt he needed to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ceasaro did a great interview in the draft after show I thought. Made some good points and came across really well.

Also the graphic said he's 280lbs? That couldn't be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ceasaro did a great interview in the draft after show I thought. Made some good points and came across really well.

Also the graphic said he's 280lbs? That couldn't be right.

It also said he debuted in 1999 and was a 9 time tag champ. It was meant for one of the Dudley Boys I'd say.

CesaroFacts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Pinkman

That Rollins/Ambrose main event was odd. Why have Ambrose go over Rollins clean when they have been going out of their way to protect Seth since his return unlike when he had the belt and lost every single week? They had actually been booking him quite well (well apart from the fact that he should've returned face), and even on Raw had a good finish as a draw. They should have just left it at that and go into Battleground keeping both guys strong. Having him lose to one finisher after a ten minute match makes zero sense. It also annoys me how they have Ambrose totally no sell a superplex like that, the same way he no sold the Bucklebomb, the same move that ended Sting's career.

The draft was decent but was hoping for some returns like Kurt Angle, Goldberg and others that had been rumoured. The rosters are not deep enough considering how poor creative is these days. Having Orton on Smackdown doesn't make sense considering Lesnar is on Raw. How are they meant to build their feud for SS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Finn or Seth to be Raw's top face now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Really enjoyed the draft centre on the network last night. Let's call it as it is. WWE have the opportunity to make some real stars out of this draft how they go from here is up to them.

for the first time in ages I'm excited to see what direction WWE is going to go in from Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/755865519442399234

Smackdown Live - 2.20 rating. Raw on Monday was 2.22.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I think the reason Dean won was because I think his going to lose on Sunday and since his the number 1 draft pick for SD there were try to make him look strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How stupid is it that Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon are peddling this "new era", McMahon in particular since he's been co in charge since Mania

And yet RKO and Cena were their 3th and 4th picks, and Kane too

While the likes of Sami Zayn, KO, Cesaro, Finn Balor, Sasha Banks ended up on Raw

The only real people you could call new era people is Apollo Crews and American Alpha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

How stupid is it that Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon are peddling this "new era", McMahon in particular since he's been co in charge since Mania

And yet RKO and Cena were their 3th and 4th picks, and Kane too

While the likes of Sami Zayn, KO, Cesaro, Finn Balor, Sasha Banks ended up on Raw

The only real people you could call new era people is Apollo Crews and American Alpha

The daft made no sense to me. I expected a far better roster on smackdown than what they've got. They can say 2 hours a week but they still have to do a monthly ppv off that roster. It'll need some more filling out over the coming months be that by way of Nxt call ups, independent signings or whatever.

I think they thought Cena and Orton on smackdown would be huge but in reality very few fans really give a ****. I'd have preferred Rollins and Owens to those 2 all day. They had a chance to give smackdown it's own identity but in the end nearly all the good/interesting stuff has ended up on raw (the cruiserweight or exclusive women's division would have been perfect to give smackdown it's own flavor).

Looking at it now what are we going to see? Cena breaking flairs record as its big selling point over the next few months...... Great

For shows that are ment to be competitive, there's a very clear A show and B show look to the current rosters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

DM_7 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/jctorch/status/755865519442399234

Smackdown Live - 2.20 rating. Raw on Monday was 2.22.
    Ach, so close!

I'd be fairly sure that Vince would have a stroke if Smackdown outdrew Raw on the same network. Would honestly expect him to follow it up the next week with a total burial of smackdown.

Think people got their hopes up a bit too much that we'd get a Smackdown 02/03 repeat. WWE can't afford the arrogance of putting all their best workers on the second show now.

From day 1 I've thought this was a USA initiative so I'm very interested to see what happens with Cena over the next few weeks/months. When ratings for Raw continue to suck, are they gonna demand Cena appear on raw? Have they have put restrictions on WWE to allow brands mixing so Smackdown doesn't become the recap show it has been again. If Cena starts appearing on Raw, Smackdown hasn't a hope in hell.

The names Smackdown got for the most part stunk to me of "what kind of names can we convince NBC executives are big players without damaging Raw too much".

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Why would Vince have a stroke? The whole point is for smack down to be on the same level as Raw. Both shows are on the same network if both do well in the ratings Vince makes more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I thought Social Outcasts were great throughout the Draft show on the network, Heath Slater always entertains me.

I enjoyed the draft but after the first few picks it was definitely weighted towards RAW. I legitimately sighed when they picked Corbin so early and I'm really disappointed that Becky is on Smackdown. I don't recall any good Natalya feuds, I think Naomi & Eva Marie are terrible and keeping Carmella away from Enzo & Cass is stupid. I like Alexa and working with Becky & Natalya should be good for her but there's nowhere near enough names there to have a half decent division.

I do like the Smackdown roster though & personally think it is a pretty big deal that Cena & Orton are on Smackdown. That in itself ensures that the show will be treated well due to how much protection they've gotten over the years. Add in Ambrose, Styles, Wyatt, Miz & American Alpha and you have the makings of an entertaining show. Hoping Ziggler & to a lesser extent Del Rio get the opportunity to drag themselves out of their ruts; the same goes for Sheamus on RAW but at this point I'd imagine too much damage has already been done for all 3.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I think the reason Dean won was because I think his going to lose on Sunday and since his the number 1 draft pick for SD there were try to make him look strong.

Not a chance.

There literally is no chance of this happening. Smackdown going into it's first week with it's own roster and only the Intercontinental Championship to boast?

Dean defends, otherwise WWE have really ****ed up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I enjoyed it but in a Kayfabe sense it didn't really make much sense I mean Eva Marie was drafted to SD before they took Apollo Crews

and Mojo Rawley was chosen instead of taking Nakamura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Faugheen wrote: »
    Not a chance.

There literally is no chance of this happening. Smackdown going into it's first week with it's own roster and only the Intercontinental Championship to boast?

Dean defends, otherwise WWE have really ****ed up.

Literally no chance? I'd be very surprised if one of Rollins or Reigns (more likely Rollins) didn't win the title on Sunday. They'll obviously just introduce a new title on Smackdown then.

I always had the feeling that what they'd do is have Styles win the title on Smackdown in some sort of battle royal or multi man match and then defend against Cena at SummerSlam but I get the feeling now that Ambrose will be in the title picture at SummerSlam. With Cena, Styles and Orton occupied at SummerSlam they are short of title contenders alongside Ambrose unless they do a Wyatt feud again, which they will at some point no doubt but not this soon I think.

Wouldn't mind a trade for Owens and have him as a title contender straight off the bat. Also wouldn't fall out with Miz having another main event run, he's in great form at the moment.

When I look at both rosters I think both rosters could do with one more big hitter each. Could see Samoa Joe coming up before too long, Nakamura in the only other NXT'er with straight away main event potential but I think they'll want to keep him in NXT for a bit. Is there anyone not working for WWE that could come in and make an immediate main event impact? The biggest name not working for WWE is Kurt Angle and he certainly couldn't work fill time anymore.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If they had another week of build, I'd say Owens vs Zayn should be a "Loser Leaves Raw" deal, but its probably too late to tack that on now.

And yeah, I'd agree...there is zero chance Ambrose walks out with the title. And with Reigns getting busted for stuff, and Rollins losing clean on Smackdown, I'd say its nearly a given Rollins walks out with the title on Sunday, but in some screwy way that justifies Shane and Bryan calling for a new title for Smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

And yeah, I'd agree...there is zero chance Ambrose walks out with the title. And with Reigns getting busted for stuff, and Rollins losing clean on Smackdown, I'd say its nearly a given Rollins walks out with the title on Sunday, but in some screwy way that justifies Shane and Bryan calling for a new title for Smackdown.

I would've said Rollins and Ambrose to pin each other if it hadn't just been done on Raw.

I hope the second belt champ will get it in a one on one match to dethrone Vacant and not simply be handed it to defend like Triple H was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Hard to believe that Rollins is more than likely going to be a 4 time champ come Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Hard to believe that Rollins is more than likely going to be a 4 time champ come Monday morning.

3 time. Reigns would be a 4 time champ if he wins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

3 time. Reigns would be a 4 time champ if he wins.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Rollins won the title by cashing in at Wrestlemania, beating Reigns in his return only for Ambrose to cash in and by beating Ambrose last Monday.

So winning tomorrow would be his 4th reign.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong but Rollins won the title by cashing in at Wrestlemania, beating Reigns in his return only for Ambrose to cash in and by beating Ambrose last Monday.

So winning tomorrow would be his 4th reign.

Afaik, the win on Monday didn't count. I can't remember them addressing it, but Ambrose was drafted as the WWE champion, so that wasn't an actual reign.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Afaik, the win on Monday didn't count. I can't remember them addressing it, but Ambrose was drafted as the WWE champion, so that wasn't an actual reign.

After raw on Monday it continued live on the network. The referee looked at the replay and called the match as a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe Ryder and Hawkins might get back together

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Maybe Ryder and Hawkins might get back together

What about Mojo Rawley and the hype bros tho? The 3 Man Hype Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Loughc wrote: »

They could set it up like they did with Cody Rhodes & Bob Holly vs Ted DiBiase & ??? when Cody turnrd on Holly to form Priceless or whatever their tag name was before Legacy. Have Hawkins give Ryder and Mojo sh*t for weeks basically call Ryder a shill for crap merch, a waste of talent etc and then set up a match with Hype Bros vs Hawkins & ??? and let Ryder do the Cody turn. Instantly establishes Hawkins and Ryder as d*ckhead heels although most would cheer to see Mojo get battered :pac: Give Hawkins & Ryder a name and a manager and you have a properly solid heel team to face the Usos and AA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Loughc wrote: »

Job Squad 2.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they're bringing people in but I would like them to use who they have for a while at least and give them a chance before bringing in outsiders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know they're bringing people in but I would like them to use who they have for a while at least and give them a chance before bringing in outsiders.

If they need to resort to bringing in Kevin Nash and Scott Hall then they're fecked :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They could try and get all but one of them
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086066/

Advertisement