Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear pinning/ ear splints?

Options
  • 19-07-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi Just wondering if there was anyone here who had experience of ear pinning or ear splints with a child with large stick out ears?

I have an almost 3 month old with ears that stick out like cup handles, his father had the same as a child and it really hurt his confidence and made him really self conscious. I know its a bit superficial and cosmetic but we dont want him to go though the same problems his dad had.

I read about ear splints in a magazine and thought we'd give them a try as an alternative to surgery later. There doesnt seem to be any risks as its just taping the ear down but he will have to wear it for maybe 3 months.
    hopefully it will make a difference.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I don't know anything about it and can completely understand why you would not want your child to go through name calling etc... I would reccommend asking your PHN to refer you to someone as there may be a long waiting list and it would be best to get in it ASAP .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Jade Heidl

Mod note
    No advertising please

Advertisement