Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - 4 Franziskaner for €6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭positron

While on the topic of Lidl and wheat beers, they are also selling various wheat beer glasses - tall ones, tulip shaped ones, traditional jars / mugs etc this week as their Octoberfest special. 5 euro per pack.

glasseswk37_05_teaserthemeworld2x1.jpg

Tulip ones are not that heavy so feels meh, where as the tall ones are nice and heavy but looks a bit bland without any branding or badge (picture above shows badge, but none in reality). Jugs are good solid jugs, but only two in a pack where as the tall & tulip shaped ones are three per pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭sceach16

Dunnes in Swords had Franziskaner on Wed 12/10 at 5 for 10 euro. With Dunnes 20% off its 5 for 8 or 1.60...nearly as good as Lidl special 4 for 6 or 1.50 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is back on 4 for 6€ until 23rd July, woo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yet another niche product ravaged by the masses

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Oops69 wrote:

Beer being a niche product in Ireland...... Not sure on that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oops69 wrote: »
    Did you like it before it was cool?

Something something warm beer.

Oops69 wrote: »

Excellent, more for us, as you won't be buying it so:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Did you like it before it was cool?

Something something warm beer.
    Yes , when the monks had their quaint little brewery I used to travel over to Germany especially to collect a cask , I told them not to go big when the Lidl man came along , but they wouldn't listen .

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

vicwatson wrote: »

Plenty left in Lidl Cork Road, Waterford when I went in today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nice one. My local eurospar are doing them for €2.49 each. Or, 4 for a tenner.

Lidl this evening so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Firblog

Bugger :mad: Bought 2 cases last week..

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Firblog wrote: »
    Bugger :mad: Bought 2 cases last week..

If you still have the receipt, you could always return them and buy again at the cheaper price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

Quackster wrote: »
    If you still have the receipt, you could always return them and buy again at the cheaper price.

Probably more a situation of does he still have the 2 cases.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    Nice one. My local eurospar are doing them for €2.49 each. Or, 4 for a tenner.

Lidl this evening so

So they are charging more if you buy 4 together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Yeah it's good.

Prefer the Paulener personally but not much between them
    +1
    I used to be a massive Franziskaner fan but now I find it a bit too fizzy and tend to buy the Paulaner instead.

+1
    I used to be a massive Franziskaner fan but now I find it a bit too fizzy and tend to buy the Paulaner instead.

Only ever see Paulaner at €2.50 per bottle (on supposed offer), Francy is selling at €1.50 a bottle, imo there isn't a €1.00 per bottle difference, I wish they were selling Paulaner at 4 for €6.00, that would be bargain of the century - ya have to go to Germany for that sort of deal !.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Not sure if it's been mentioned but you can get this 6 for €10 in O'Briens at the moment in a mix and match with other beers, which is nearly the same as the Lidl offer.

So they are charging more if you buy 4 together?

Well no, but I rounded up 9.96 to 10€ my bad, I should've rounded it down to 9.95.

Either way, point was it's close to double the price in eurospar.

racso1975 wrote: »
    Probably more a situation of does he still have the 2 cases.....

Once you have the original receipt, it's easy to buy the beer at the reduced price and return at the higher price if you're so pushed.

And then buy back the beer you returned again at the reduced price! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but you can get this 6 for €10 in O'Briens at the moment in a mix and match with other beers, which is nearly the same as the Lidl offer.

Good offer but the last time I had 6 of them I felt like death the next day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Testament1 wrote: »
    Good offer but the last time I had 6 of them I felt like death the next day!
    Don't have to drink all 6 in one sitting :D
    That's 3 litres after all.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my wheat beers too but I find them very heavy, would struggle to go past 4 really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I love my wheat beers too but I find them very heavy, would struggle to go past 4 really.

Lightweight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Lightweight
    Set myself up for that :)

I just mean they are not a great drink if you goal is to drink yourself silly.

It's baccckkkkk - Thurs 21st - Wed 27th Sept Lidl

4 for €6.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

4 for €6.00

hallelujah.42.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,167 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

4 for €6.00

Could be the final time ever if those pesky politicians get their way with minimum pricing, the budget is less than 4 weeks away. I'm going to take as much advantage of it as I can, treat it as a sure thing investment, lol.

Could be the final time ever if those pesky politicians get their way with minimum pricing, the budget is less than 4 weeks away. I'm going to take as much advantage of it as I can, treat it as a sure thing investment, lol.

The more you drink, the more you save.

€1.97 would be the minimum price of a 500ml bottle of 5% ABV beer under the current draft of the bill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Quackster wrote: »
    €1.97 would be the minimum price of a 500ml bottle of 5% ABV beer under the current draft of the bill.

have you a link to this draft? can't find it myself.

People should remember varadkar was the idiot who initially came up with this suggestion, fully aware that it was against EU law and actively challenged in scotland, and reckoned to be illegal, but he continuted to piss away presumably hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of taxpayers money ploughing ahead with it before waiting to see what happened in scotland. Complete and utter moron.

This is not an increase in excise, the bulk of the extra money you pay is going to the supermarket or offie, not to revenue -I shit you not... this is what that stupid cnut planned all along...

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    have you a link to this draft? can't find it myself.

Not to hand but 10c per gram of pure alcohol is the figure I keep hearing.

Advertisement