Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flynns Bakery Kilrush - cake recipe

• 19-07-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows the recipe for the flynns birthday cake sponge? I have never tasted a nicer cake in my life and I need to find the recipe now that flynns are no longer open. It was the standard cake that they sold and just custom frosted it. The sponge was lighter than air and so fluffy it melted in your mouth! Help please

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Nice cake alright. Pity the shop is gone. O'Connor's in Ennis just as good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

O'Connor's is a good second, but Flynn's sponges were delish!! Such a shame what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭marzic

Sad and unfortunate that Flynns is gone, much of what the made was superior to other factory style confectionary available. The delicious chocolate eclairs had real chocolate which cracked when you bit into it, not the like tiny caramel icing/syrup covered ones that O'Connors sell that are just junk in comparrison. Black forest or strawberry gateux were incredible!
    Best of luck to the flynns

Advertisement