Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be aware, courier just called to collect my eir hardware!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

What sort of nonsense is it just arriving out at people's houses to collect the modem without ringing in advance to arrange a time/date first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I have Eir now how do i get access to my EPL matches?
    Hi tayto lover, thanks for getting in touch. If you're an eir vision customer the eir sports channels should automatically be available on your set top box. If you only avail of eir broadband you need to be registered for my eir. You can register online here; https://my.eir.ie/eir/transactional/login & once your online account is registered you can download the eir sports app & log in with your my eir credentials. You can view further information on this here ; https://www.eir.ie/sport/ . - Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Garrett68

Hi Stacey
    That post is miles off topic for this thread, is it possible you could could reply to the concerns of the thread instead?
    It could be really helpful
    Thank you
    I have Eir now how do i get access to my EPL matches?
    Hi tayto lover, thanks for getting in touch. If you're an eir vision customer the eir sports channels should automatically be available on your set top box. If you only avail of eir broadband you need to be registered for my eir. You can register online here; once your online account is registered you can download the eir sports app & log in with your my eir credentials. You can view further information on this here ;  - Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

What sort of nonsense is it just arriving out at people's houses to collect the modem without ringing in advance to arrange a time/date first?
    Hi One_Of_Shanks, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. Once the account is cancelled a courier is arranged for collection of the equipment within 10 working days. We are not provided with an exact date for this however you should have been notified. I do apologise that you received no prior notice. Can I query if he left a card in the letter-box?- Stacey

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hi One_Of_Shanks, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. Once the account is cancelled a courier is arranged for collection of the equipment within 10 working days. We are not provided with an exact date for this however you should have been notified. I do apologise that you received no prior notice. Can I query if he left a card in the letter-box?- Stacey
    Hi Stacy,

I think the concern is that you arrange for the equipment to be collected (without direct notice to the customer) before the contract has been completed, effectively leaving customers in a position whereby they have paid for your service but do not have the equipment to make use of your service.

Maybe this wasn't made obvious!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I was thinking of going over to Eir but from reading all this and the robotic response from customer service I'm going to change my mind.

It reminds me of the old eircom malarkey.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It should be 10 days on termination of contract, not 10 days on notification, surely?

It seems quite... petty? 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

kbannon wrote: »
    Hi Stacy,

I think the concern is that you arrange for the equipment to be collected (without direct notice to the customer) before the contract has been completed, effectively leaving customers in a position whereby they have paid for your service but do not have the equipment to make use of your service.

Maybe this wasn't made obvious!
    I think the concern was made very obvious but Eir will not explain why they remove customers' ability to receive a service that has been paid for in advance.

@Eir Reps: When a customer cancels their account do you refund the money owed to the customer at the time they are no longer able to receive the service, whether this be due to the line being disconnected, equipment collected for return or line transferred to another supplier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

Under eir's General T&Cs it states that
    (7.10.4)
    "On termination of this agreement for any reason .....the customer shall within 14 days return all of eir's equipment. Until they have been returned; or the customer shall be solely responsible for the safekeeping of such equipment"

As the contract/agreement is not terminated until the 30 days notice period has expired then one would assume that the 14 days given to return the equipment begins after that contract/agreement expires?

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭db

chasm wrote: »
    (7.10.4)
    "On termination of this agreement for any reason .....the customer shall within 14 days return all of eir's equipment. Until they have been returned; or the customer shall be solely responsible for the safekeeping of such equipment"

As the contract/agreement is not terminated until the 30 days notice period has expired then one would assume that the 14 days given to return the equipment begins after that contract/agreement expires?

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf
    You might think so but not according to this response.
    If people have given 30 days notice , why are eircom collecting their equipment before this time has elapsed?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Clementine Uneven Roofing,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As per the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]"If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract."[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

db wrote: »
    chasm wrote: »
    (7.10.4)

You might think so but not according to this response.
    If people have given 30 days notice , why are eircom collecting their equipment before this time has elapsed?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Clementine Uneven Roofing,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]As per the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]"If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract."[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

The piece that Pamela has quoted is part of 7.10.3.3, which states (in full):

"You may cancel your contract with eir without giving a reason within fourteen days of the date of conclusion of your contract. This is your right under the EU (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013, SI 484 of 2013, ( “the Regulations”).
    You may exercise this right by providing us with any unequivocal written statement to this effect or by using the model cancellation form displayed on the Terms and Conditions section of eir ’s website at www.eir.ie. If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract"

I'm not sure whether the above refers to the 14 day cooling off period or not (i haven't had time to look into it properly) but  i stand by what i quoted in my earlier post, we may have some silly laws in this country but i doubt the eu or our own government would force customers to hand back equipment 2 weeks before the contract ceases lol

Advertisement