Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone missed call texts as emails?!

Options
  • 19-07-2016 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

I'm going to throw this out there but my feeling is I won't get an answer. So I live in a village with poor coverage and my house has thick walls so I can barely get coverage upstairs only.

Basically what I would like to happen is get email notifications of missed calls when I'm out of coverage but I don't think its possible? I have descent landline broadband so I'm always available on whatsapp etc but that doesn't cover everything obviously. Vodafone charge for call diverts so it builds up over the month if im forwarding to the house phone.

I know there are apps that can forward to texts to emails but obviously no good if im out of coverage and don't get the missed call texts until im back in coverage!

I'm going to query two things from Vodafone when i get a chance, can I get email notications at all, and if not can I get the missed call txts to a different number? Wasting my time?

My thinking on the texts to a different number is get a cheap android with a pre pay sim and put it upstairs with the app to forward txts to email.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

https://www.hullomail.com/hullomail.html is exactly what you want.

Instead of VM going to Vodafone, they go to Hullo, who then forward them over IP(App/Email) to you. No more calling 171...3....3....3....3... etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

You could also set your voicemail number on your phone to be the voicemail number on the pay as you go upstairs where reception is good.

You have to put a '5' between the 08x and the rest of the number, like 087-5-9876543.
    Put your android sms to email forwarding app on the phone upstairs and have it mail you when one comes in.

You'll need to change the voicemail number on your main phone from 171 to 087-5-9876543 and set a PIN, but it can work! Only problem is it might only work for calls where people left a message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

ED E wrote: »
    https://www.hullomail.com/hullomail.html is exactly what you want.

Instead of VM going to Vodafone, they go to Hullo, who then forward them over IP(App/Email) to you. No more calling 171...3....3....3....3... etc.

Nice one thanks, going to test it soon as possible.

Advertisement