Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

30kw Leaf charge cable lock jammed shut

• 19-07-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I hooked up to the charge point in the market car park in Navan today. 2 hours later I returned to the car, flashed the card, removed the cable from the post, pressed the unlock button on my key fob, but the cable wouldn't uncouple from the car charge port. I tried every conceivable combination of lock, unlock, ignition on, off etc.
    Long story short I called Nissan and they sent a local guy out.
    Between us we worked out that the lock, which is a piece of white plastic was stuck in the locked position.
    It is very easy to push this latch open, it moves from right to left. The problem is that Nissan don't provide anything in the toolbox suitable for the job. I have now modified a hacksaw blade to deal with any future problems.
    I would encourage any Leaf owner to make themselves aware of this problem and practice opening the lock with the cable in place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Why was it stuck? Does it need replacing?

I presume the Nissan guy didn't say "it's grand now" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

KCross wrote: »
    Why was it stuck? Does it need replacing?

I presume the Nissan guy didn't say "it's grand now" :)

It just failed to open, no diagnostics were carried out yet. He wasn't a Nissan guy, he was the local call out guy.

Advertisement