Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Oven not working - advice please!!

Options
  • 19-07-2016 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

We've a Bosch HTHB13 ENrHBN131560B which is not heating up since Saturday. The previous time it was used was for the grill when apparently there was some smoke coming off it.

It has power going to it - the hob still works as does the clock.
    There's a quiet whirring noise when we turn on the oven but the main fan at the back does not appear to be running.

We have tried turning it off at the mains
    We have reset the clock.
    I was going to go gung-ho and replace the thermostat but when I turn the temperature dial I can hear it click so I think that means it's working? (though this is from one youtube video I saw).

Any advice on the next step is valued as I do not have the money for a replacement oven at this time!!
    thumbsup.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Most likely the element is gone

It usually surrounds the fan if you can access that

Test the element for resistance if you get an out of limit reading it's expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Thanks I'll give it a go later if I can find the limit tester :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Bambi2

Oh but would this make the grill not heat up too???

Resistance tester or ohmmeter, any modern multimeter will have the function.
    Perhaps if it uses the same element for both. Usually it's two separate ones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement