Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby elgence travel system opinion's

Options
  • 19-07-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking to buy a travel system and I'm so confused with all that's out there and the different price range's.

We are looking at the baby elgence beep twist or the cuple as it's not a bad price or else the quinny buzz which is a bit more pricer.

Has any one any opinion's on any of these?

Thanking you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Go and look and use as many of them as possible. Then test out from birth strollers for comparison as you might find them easier. Then buy whatever you decide second hand.

....This is the advice I wish I had been given :)

The car seat was the easy part for me. I wanted the maxi cosi with belt/isofix base for compatibility with different cars. After that I bought a travel system to go with it but tbh they are a bloody ton weight and I regret that purchase.

I've use the maxi cosi loola travel system which I abandoned at 6 months for the joie mirrus pushchair (which I still adore over a year later, and my childminder is in love with it too). Recently I've purchased a second hand phil and ted for jogging. Its brilliant for jogging but man its a ton weight to lift so I'm glad I'm not still on a travel system buggy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Honestly you'll get so many different opinions - you need to try them all out, put them in and out of your car etc. We went for an Uppababy travel system and absolutely love it, 14 months on. We bought a stroller which we also really like but use the travel system every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I think the beep twist is great value for money. A lot of people abandon the big travel system and go for a MacLaren type stroller after a few months. Or especially if you have two child's close together and need to buy a double. It ticks so many boxes.

I have a few friends who got the beep twist in the bundle and love it. I have a bugaboo chameleon which I love and my mum still uses it on my 2.5year old! She had used loads of buggies between myself and sisters (including the beep twist) and bugaboo is her fav. In fairness though it could be 3 times the price, it is not 3 times better!

Check it will fit into your boot in pram mode. My bugaboo did but beep twist didnt pram part had to go on back seat. I am not mad on the car seat 3 point harness not mad on the maxi cosi one either. Much prefer 5 point harness.

On quinny buzz- my neighbour had one and said the back wheels were big and bulky. It was hard to get into some doorways

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Try the out n about single .
    I am really impressed with the double and pushing it for 6 years .
    I am not a fan of the Quinny and anyone I know that got one ended up getting another buggy too .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Listenlinda

Millem wrote: »
    I think the beep twist is great value for money. A lot of people abandon the big travel system and go for a MacLaren type stroller after a few months. Or especially if you have two child's close together and need to buy a double. It ticks so many boxes.

I have a few friends who got the beep twist in the bundle and love it. I have a bugaboo chameleon which I love and my mum still uses it on my 2.5year old! She had used loads of buggies between myself and sisters (including the beep twist) and bugaboo is her fav. In fairness though it could be 3 times the price, it is not 3 times better!

Check it will fit into your boot in pram mode. My bugaboo did but beep twist didnt pram part had to go on back seat. I am not mad on the car seat 3 point harness not mad on the maxi cosi one either. Much prefer 5 point harness.

On quinny buzz- my neighbour had one and said the back wheels were big and bulky. It was hard to get into some doorways

Thanks for that info. I just heard from 1 or 2 ppl that the baby elegance wasn't great as the chassy goes on them an the bars tend 2 bend where u put the car seat onto. I have 2say I'm well impressed with it for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Vast majority of families in my area have either a Bugaboo Bee or Cameleon or a Baby Jogger City Mini or GT.

It's worth checking out secondhand ones too - I paid £90 for our City Mini and it was in very good condition, 1/3 of the new price.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

I bought the beep twist and wasn't that impressed with it. It would come to a halt at any bump I encountered. It wouldn't even go over the front door mat without a lot of effort. As I am tall this caused backache from constantly maneuvering it over bumps on paths etc.
    Might be easier for shorter people perhaps.

I changed to a different travel system after 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

WittyName1 wrote: »
    I bought the beep twist and wasn't that impressed with it. It would come to a halt at any bump I encountered. It wouldn't even go over the front door mat without a lot of effort. As I am tall this caused backache from constantly maneuvering it over bumps on paths etc.
    Might be easier for shorter people perhaps.

I changed to a different travel system after 6 months.

My Sister in law had a very similar view of it. They changed at about 5ish months I think.

Advertisement