Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Zoo with a two year old.

Options
  • 19-07-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Would I be mad to bring a toddler to Dublin Zoo. She's a great for walking and very independent aka it's her way our the high way!! She loves animals but when we are out walking it's hard to get her to go where you want to go. Just looking from advice from parents who have brought a two year old. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I've brought a 2 year old; just bring the buggy too for when she gets tired/ carry coats, snacks etc. It's great fun enjoy it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There are plenty of playgrounds and a new orangutan exhibit with them going over the path on ropes.
    A buggy is a must!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Have you got toddler reigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭looksee

January wrote: »
    Have you got toddler reigns?

Yup, toddlers usually reign!

The other kind of reins are a great idea, though they attract such a lot of aggro from some mothers. They keep a toddler safe from getting lost or running into the road, and have saved any number of stumbles from turning into a full scale fall. They give a certain amount of freedom and, while it is nice to walk along hand in hand with your child, you can let go for them to explore a bit. They are perfect for somewhere like the zoo.

looksee wrote: »
    Yup, toddlers usually reign!

The other kind of reins are a great idea, though they attract such a lot of aggro from some mothers. They keep a toddler safe from getting lost or running into the road, and have saved any number of stumbles from turning into a full scale fall. They give a certain amount of freedom and, while it is nice to walk along hand in hand with your child, you can let go for them to explore a bit. They are perfect for somewhere like the zoo.

:pac: ha should have noticed that! I have to use them with my youngest otherwise he does be gone in the blink of an eye. My dad hated them until he took one of them out without them one day. He came back and said he'd never go without them again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sarahblom

I have a 2.5yr old and its our favourite place to go! It gives her the freedom to run around a bit, would definitely recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Casm85

Thanks for the help, went today and the little one loved it. Only had a few of her toddler wobbles. We went really early so it wasn't too busy. I don't know how her little legs walked it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Dublinhurler

Only seen your post now. We have brought our Lo since about 14 months and he loves it we always bring the buggy and baby reigns with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Casm85 wrote: »
    Thanks for the help, went today and the little one loved it. Only had a few of her toddler wobbles. We went really early so it wasn't too busy. I don't know how her little legs walked it all!

I'd say she slept like a log!! We have the family pass, best investment ever. We live quite close too, so if it starts raining or we get tired - we can go home without the feeling that we're wasting our entry.
    BTW, good tip. If you can find a family member (or even a friend) who would like to split the cost of a family pass, you can get two card holders. I did it with my sister in law & it cost us about €85 each for the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Does the dublin zoo membership get you into Fota in Cork and Edinburgh as well?

• Advertisement

Yep it does indeed.

Advertisement