Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance claim

• 19-07-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi how do you find if there car insurance claim on your record . Just asking because I was involved accident about 3 year a ago.in a company car after accident I heard no more about .is there anywhere you can find out driving/claim history thank

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Jamesclam wrote: »
    Hi how do you find if there car insurance claim on your record . Just asking because I was involved accident about 3 year a ago.in a company car after accident I heard no more about .is there anywhere you can find out driving/claim history thank

The policyholder, the owner of your company car, is the only person who will have been advised of the outcome. You need to ask them. As a named driver (or driving under Open Drive), the insurer is not obliged to discuss it with you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamesclam

The policyholder, the owner of your company car, is the only person who will have been advised of the outcome. You need to ask them. As a named driver (or driving under Open Drive), the insurer is not obliged to discuss it with you

OK so I have a bit of problem then .as I did leaving in speaking term. Would there be any other way ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The only reason you'd be asking an insurance company if they have a record of a claim involving you is because you intend to conceal the fact that you had a claim if you can get away with it.

If you had a claim three years ago then you must declare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jamesclam

coylemj wrote: »
    If you had a claim three years ago then you must declare it.

I know but problem is I don't know what to declare .ie the claim size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Jamesclam wrote: »
    I know but problem is I don't know what to declare .ie the claim size

Difficult position. You might have to go down the Data Protection route, but your former employer will find out about your request then anyway. Is there anybody who might act as a 'go between' on your behalf and get the info?

Edit; On a technical matter, your former employer is the one who made the claim, you are the person who had the accident. Still declarable though

• Advertisement
Advertisement