Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Holm v Shevchenko

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Crazy fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Shevchenko via KO/TKO
    Thats the right result. No doubt.

Jaysus, who scored 2 rounds for Alers???

Shevchenko via KO/TKO
    Were it not for the quality of the fight, Jim Alers could have been heading back to Cage Warriors I reckon!!

That fight will get him one more at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

That_Guy wrote: »
    Jaysus, who scored 2 rounds for Alers???
    the takedowns. I thought it would be a split as not all judges score them the same and Knight took control on the ground quickly and wasnt taking damage there

• Advertisement

Is UFC Unfiltered worth the listen lads? Kinda had my doubts about it as I think they'll be too busy towing the party line without any real outside criticism.

I do like Matt Serra though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭tinpib

The smart money is on Moontasri to get knocked de fudge out in round 1 here.

Hmm, didn't look right in the balls there?

Jaysus, my bollocks felt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Chris.

Holm via Submission
    Jaysus, my bollocks felt that.

I'm sweating watching that

• Advertisement

Well that was a... eh... fight

Holm via Submission
    Moontarsi is gunna be very sore in the morning and I don't think he'll be able to father children anymore...

That was some slick ground work. Really interesting submission set ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Why is rogan doing a fox card?

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Why is rogan doing a fox card?

They usually do the "big FOX" cards. I think it's a ploy for casual fans to keep coming back because it's who they associate UFC commentary with.

Anik/Stann/Florian don't have the same appeal to a wider audience. Especially if that audience is made up casual fans who may not enjoy change etc.

The UFC may need a dental plan with all the mouthpieces that are going flying tonight.

Holm via Submission
    Is there an element of punishment putting Holm on this card I wonder?

Chris. wrote: »
    Is there an element of punishment putting Holm on this card I wonder?

Why do you think that?

Holm via Submission
    Why do you think that?

Going from taking rousey out in spectacular fashion on a ppv to a fight night card in such a short time. Just thinking out loud.

I'm delighted Big John took a point there. More refs need to be more liberal with taking points for fence grabs.

• Advertisement

Going from taking rousey out in spectacular fashion on a ppv to a fight night card in such a short time. Just thinking out loud.

Nah.

She lost the title and this is essentially a title eliminator. Makes a lot of sense to have it a 5 round main event rather than a 3 rounder on a PPV.

Important fight for both.

Holm via Submission
    Nah.

She lost the title and this is essentially a title eliminator. Makes a lot of sense to have it a 5 round main event rather than a 3 rounder on a PPV.

Important fight for both.

Ah your right I'd say. It was just the fact that Dana was so vocal about not being happy she took the Tate fight and wouldn't wait for the rematch. I'm in no way taking away from Shevchenko's abilities, its a genuine test.

Apart from the Alers/Knight fight, this card has been awful so far.

Holm via Submission
    I'm delighted Big John took a point there. More refs need to be more liberal with taking points for fence grabs.

I agree with ya there but could you imagine how hard it would be not to do it when your concentrating on everything else. It would nearly happen without you realising it.

Ah your right I'd say. It was just the fact that Dana was so vocal about not being happy she took the Tate fight and wouldn't wait for the rematch. I'm in no way taking away from Shevchenko's abilities, its a genuine test.

Dana talks a lot of shíte. Tate was ready to go. Holm was ready to go. Ronda is still nowhere near ready to come back.

It made sense at the time. Holm was on her way to getting a decision victory until a lapse in concentration.

This is her redemption fight but Schevchenko is a tough test despite the odds.

Shevchenko via KO/TKO
    Been looking forward to Elkins/Pepey since it was announced. Elkins is the only fighter i know of who can make the 'lay and pray' tactic look exciting.

Holm via Submission
    Dana talks a lot of shíte. Tate was ready to go. Holm was ready to go. Ronda is still nowhere near ready to come back.

It made sense at the time. Holm was on her way to getting a decision victory until a lapse in concentration.

This is her redemption fight but Schevchenko is a tough test despite the odds.

Oh I remember the fight well. Tate took full advantage of her lapse in concentration. I'm a relative newbie anyway so I'm still learning as I go. Especially about Dana ha

This Pepey guy is exciting to watch.

Shevchenko via KO/TKO
    Good call Herb. There's a time for a warning and a time for a straight deduction. That was a straight deduction, no doubt about it.

• Advertisement

Oh I remember the fight well. Tate took full advantage of her lapse in concentration. I'm a relative newbie anyway so I'm still learning as I go. Especially about Dana ha

Ah we all had to start somewhere. Glad you're sticking around to watch the fights though.

Advertisement