Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman south Dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, can anyone recommend a handyman please that would come Templeogue/ Rathfarnham way please? I'm looking for someone trustworthy, good at things both internal and external and possibly gardening also, that's not too expensive. Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Flanz wrote: »
    Hi, can anyone recommend a handyman please that would come Templeogue/ Rathfarnham way please? I'm looking for someone trustworthy, good at things both internal and external and possibly gardening also, that's not too expensive. Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks in advance....

Call Ivan on 0860303739
    Hard working and trustworthy. Can turn his hand to everything inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Glenalla wrote: »
    Call Ivan on 0860303739

Can he wallpaper? Going mad to find someone its hall stairs and landing so hubby keeps putting it off.

janja wrote: »
    Can he wallpaper? Going mad to find someone its hall stairs and landing so hubby keeps putting it off.

Yes he can, a total perfectionist who is can do anything. You shall not be disappointed with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Yes he can, a total perfectionist who is can do anything. You shall not be disappointed with him.

Can he do minor electrical? (outside light not working despite new bulb)

Yes he can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Yes he can

Cheers, Ive a few bits could do with some attention, will make a list and give him a shout next month maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes he can

So on top of all those skills, he's a RECI as well.

Bet he can't eat three Shredded Wheat!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

coylemj wrote: »
    So on top of all those skills, he's a RECI as well.

Bet he can't eat three Shredded Wheat!

You don't need to be REC for minor works, fixing a light would be ok. Installing a new one would need thought :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Steve wrote: »
    You don't need to be REC for minor works, fixing a light would be ok. Installing a new one would need thought :)

You don't , but it is an advantage if he is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

ted1 wrote: »
    You don't , but it is an advantage if he is

Only if the works involved require it. Doesn't mean you get a better job done :)

I have 30 years experience in industrial electrical engineering, I could legally rewire a hospital or a power station, but can't legally install a spare light in my own or friends house just because I haven't paid the REC tax.
    Conversely, a rafter monkey who hasn't a clue and is barely a wet week qualified is perfectly fine to do so.

I fail to see the where the 'advantage' is to the end user.

My apologies to the mods for the rant :)

Only if the works involved require it. Doesn't mean you get a better job done :)

I have 30 years experience in industrial electrical engineering, I could legally rewire a hospital or a power station, but can't legally install a spare light in my own or friends house just because I haven't paid the REC tax.
    Conversely, a rafter monkey who hasn't a clue and is barely a wet week qualified is perfectly fine to do so.

I fail to see the where the 'advantage' is to the end user.

My apologies to the mods for the rant :)

Well if your house burns down and your insurance company is trying to dodge paying out, going with a registered electrical contractor will help your case. I work for a large internationally electrically consultancy firm and believe me while the person we select might not be the actual best person for doing the job, they are the best person to choose if things go wrong.

I have worked with engineers with years of experience but because they are not chartered their opinion is not regarded in court cases, where as a young chartered engineer is. So yes being registered is s benefit

Chartered engineers is not what I was talking about. If you can use a screwdriver and snips and have 'served time' you can register with REC. If you are qualified to instruct him and design and specify every aspect of what he is about to install then silly law says he is more qualified to do it...

Chartered engineers is not what I was talking about. If you can use a screwdriver and snips and have 'served time' you can register with REC. If you are qualified to instruct him and design and specify every aspect of what he is about to install then silly law says he is more qualified to do it...

The bottom line is that , that Silly law is what is important.
    As an engineer I'm always gutted to see good products lose to well marketed bad products.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Can turn his hand to everything inside and out.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Cheers, Ive a few bits could do with some attention

(ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

I was thinking he sounds a bit
    Like Pat Mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 3 i.browne1

Call Ivan on 0860303739

Hi glenalla,

Just wondering is it still okay to contact Ivan or if anyone else had any recommendations?

Thanks

Íde

Advertisement