Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban on Backing music for busking in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Post title should be *busking. Oops!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

368100 wrote: »
    Post title should be *busking. Oops!

Go into advanced edit and change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

A ban on backing tracks should be welcomed. It doesn't entirely weed out shyte buskers, obviously, but I think a musician playing along karaoke-style to a backing track is an insult to the art of street performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I've seen some buskers who use a backing track and they know where the volume button is. For them I don't think it should be banned. There are a few however that really take the piss... like that guitar player / singer who is often opposite O'Neills of Suffox St. A total piss take and a nuisance for anyone in the area working or transiting through. Ar%ehole thinks he is on the stage in Whelan's. Often walk through that area with my headphones in and he manages to more than compete with whatever I'm listening to at the time even allowing for me being on the opposite side of the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I think there's something very sad about any musician having to use a backing track, whether he (or she) is playing in the street or anywhere else. Either you've got the talent to play solo or you've got no talent and should find another hobby.

• Advertisement
Advertisement